CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 1 (Concept Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Great Lead Pokemon
2. Pure Utility Pokemon

I would love to see some sort of changes in common leads. Also, I would like to see the evolution of a metagame taking place, and leads are the fastest and by far easiest way to do that. EDIT- Jonathon, I don't see why have the "lead metagame" (this is how I will refer to it from here on out) evolve because of this pokemon is a bad thing. As I tried to touch on, I would actually like to see something like this take place (I did not competeitively battle well enough to see the Vile ---> Bronzong ----> Bulky Gyara or whatever took place early D/P). And the point would still stand that Bronzong/Gyara/Ninjask/blah would be less common.

The Pure Utility pokemon is another that I would really like because I think we could use one. We really do need more Wishers or Aromatherapists/Heal Bellers or Hazers or decent Phazers in the metagame due to it's set-up nature. And something useful to set up Screens is always nice as well.

1. Pure Utility Pokemon

Similar reasons to most; it would make the metagame much more interesting, and we have few pokemon around that can viably pull off utility moves, and few have a wide, legal movepool of them.

2. Armor Break/Pierce

even though the metagame isn't highly defensive at this point, most teams need a decent wall. A pokemon that could easily destroy a wall could severely harm a team, be it late game or not.

True Garchomp Counter
Me First

Me first makes me giddy, and the only way I have found to abuse it is Scarfed Absol with Me First/3 High crit moves and Super Luck. If this wins, I really want it to be done correctly.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
About "True Garchomp Counter"
Personally, I am totally against. For one, Garchomp is not nearly as much a problem on the CaP server as it is on the official and in standard D/P OU. Since CaP will never be standard D/P OU there is no point making a Garchomp counter. Secondly it's nearly impossible to be able to take Ground, Fire and Dragon type attacks all at once, and to do so severly limits our typing and possible Stat spreads. The only thing I see viable is Tons of HP and Def with decent Sdef and the move "Ice Beam"... doesn't sound like much fun to me tbh. =/
Well, you have every right not to agree with my concept. But, I wonder, since you're so against it and you're managing this CAP, why didn't you just not included my concept in the poll so that people don't even vote for it? And what happens if it ends up winning the poll? Would you support a concept you're so bluntly opposing?

1. I Know what your doing and I'm not going to allow it
This could be something new to try out and could be able to dismantle teams if used correctly
2. Fast Tank
A fast tank would be awesome, it could be able to take hits, while being able to deal it back. (Hopefully, it can get swords/plot, to sweep

1. Trickroom Unit
2. Anti-Ghost Rapid Spin

I mainly want the trickroom unit. We need a good trickroomer that isn't weak to dark. I've tried trickroom teams and loved them and I think this would shake things up a bit.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
1. Great Lead Pokemon
2. Status Counter

I like several concepts here. I prefer the ones that allow for the most freedom in the creation process. I think a utility pokemon could be fun. Also, a perfect spinner would be a huge help. I am less insistent on the need for a true Garchomp counter, since recent developments regarding the upcoming Smogon battle server. I'm holding out hope for Garchomp to be moved out of OU. I'd rather wait and see what happens there, before making a true counter in CAP.

As for what I actually voted for.....
I think CAP could make a good lead. There are so many ways to pull this off. Also, status is so common, particularly sleep. The existing ways to deal with this are limited.

1. Anti-Ghost Rapid Spin
2. Gravity Unit

do I have to explain my ideas or something I just thought that a rapid spinner that could spin through ghosts would be fucking awesome

I'm pretty disappointed that my idea didn't make it in, as I pretty much thought it was the best thing ever. Okay, whining over, here's my choices:

Pure Utility Pokemon

Anti-ghost Rapid Spin

I want a new spinner, end of story. So tired of just seeing don/star spinning; we need something new and awesome.

1. Pure Utility Pokemon
Great Lead Pokemon

Both of these are things i'd love to see and have a lot of potential to become many different type of Pokes. Plus, I really, really, really want a good hazer of sorts.

1. Anti-Ghost Rapid Spin
2. Trick Room Unit
I like the idea of an Anti-Ghost Rapid Spinner and there is always the option of working the abilities of a Pure Utility poke into the Anti-Ghost Spinner or vice versa later on in the polls since that seems to be the other concept with the highest amount of votes.

Trick Room is a highly underused and underrated move and it really does deserve something that can easily make use of it.

Pure Utility
Anti Ghost Rapid Spin

I like the Garchomp idea, but I believe that on a server where Syclant exists, the priority on countering it is not that high.

1. Gravity Unit
2. Me First!

I tried out a gravity team a couple months back, and it's great to use. It's just that damn Garchomp. I think it would be a great addition to the metagame.

Me First is also a move that interests me quite a bit, and it would be a unique thing to add. Not to crazy, but still very usable in the current game.

1. True Garchomp Counter

I know Syclant exists, I've used it myself a lot in the past, yet I still believe that garchomp is a major problem.

2. Pure Utility Pokemon

I'm not sure if I can agree more with this post. The best aromatherapy pokemon are Blissey and Celebi, the rest are all BL or worse (yes, I count Pyroak as BL because it's not used anywhere as much as Syclant or Revenankh and quite a lot of other pokemon). The common spikes and toxic spikes can both be learned by forretress but other than that there's a total lack of defensive OU pokemon that learn both. Skarmory is a great pokemon that can learn spikes but like forretress there aren't many good pokemon like it in OU. The best wish pokemon I can think of is Vaporeon and Blissey, there are other OU wishers but they really don't get used all that much. Blissey itself often doesn't even carry wish because it has softboiled and it can't carry aromatherapy with wish. It's even worse off for the other moves I didn't mention before. Practically nobody uses Encore, Memento, Perish Song, Psycho Shift, Safeguard, Magic Coat, Me First, Snatch, Tailwind or Haze (note, Haze is learned by Vaporeon but isn't all that common on the usual Vaporeon set).

1. Pure Utility Pokemon
2. Great Lead Pokemon

These are, in my opinion, the best ways to change up the metagame for the better.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
1.Great Lead Pokemon

Anti-Leads are fun. I honestly don't have a good reason for choosing that, other than me really liking anti-leads. That is all.

2.True Garchomp Counter

The guy is more defensive than swampert and more offensive than...well, I think the list is too big to say it in one post. It has an insanely annoying and possibly gamebreaking ability and can pretty much destroy your average poke with swords dance and *insert physical attacks that hits*. I feel that the metagame would benefit from a pokemon that completely counters all "standard" sets Garchomp may have (hell, Heracross, which isn't the best pokemon that ever existed has one). Hell, I will be happy if, at least, the next overoveroverused pokemon doesn't have sand veil or similar abilities <_<;.

That should be all.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1. Anti-Ghost Rapid Spinner

(No way I'm showing favoritism ot my own idea >_> That would be impossible. Also up yours SR...)

2. Status Counter

I have a few awesome ideas floating around for this, most of them probably broken, but I'd like to see if they can get a good hearing.

1. Pure Utility
2. Ultimate Weather

I love stall and a utility Pokemon can only help it.

Although I still think the second would be more suited to a Castform evo it would be fun to make nonetheless.

1. Anti-Ghost Rapid Spin
2. Great Lead Pokemon

Since CaP 2 I've had a dream of a Ghost/Normal type. With the threat of Revenankh growing ever more powerful, we need something that can completely shut it down. That is Ghost/Normal. It's resistant to all of Revvy's power moves, which leaves it vulnerable to, what? Ice Punch? Awesome. The requirements of the AGRS pokemon just scream Ghost/Normal. Plus RS is a great move.

The lead pokemon strikes me as interesting. To be able to handle to most common leads... it would need to have Hyper Cutter; Insomnia; a strong Fire move; no physical attacks, yet a strong physical base; be able to simultaneously destroy Gyarados, physical and Specsmence, Hippowdon, and Gengar. Not an easy feat by any means, but I'd be really interested to see how we can pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)