CAP 32 Prevos - Part 3 - Stat Spread Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Next up is stats!

• When submitting stat spreads for CAP 32 pre-evos, you must submit spreads for both stages.
  • When submitting stat spreads, make sure to follow the final submission template below!
  • When voting, your stat spreads for each stage will be voted on together.
You have 72 hours to make your final submissions.

For reference, here are our stats for Hemogoblin:

90 HP / 99 Atk / 89 Def / 99 SpA / 97 SpD / 55 Spe

----

Designs:

Stage 1:

Stage 2:

Typing: Fairy -> Fairy

----

Final Submission

Stage 1: [HP]/[Atk]/[Def]/[SpA]/[SpD]/[Spe] (BST: [BST])

[Optional justification for stage 1]

Stage 2: [HP]/[Atk]/[Def]/[SpA]/[SpD]/[Spe] (BST: [BST])

[Optional justification for stage 2]

[Additional justification]

Final Submission

Stage 1: 45 HP / 49 Atk / 49 Def / 49 SpA / 57 SpD / 15 Spe (BST: 264)

-105 BST, same as Clefairy => Cleffa, -20 to HP/attacking stats and -15 everywhere else

Stage 2: 65 HP / 69 Atk / 64 Def / 69 SpA / 72 SpD / 30 Spe (BST: 369)

-160 BST, same as Clefable => Clefairy, -30 in the attacking stats and -25 everywhere else

WIP

Stage 1: 35/44/29/44/37/85 (BST: 274)

I see Stage 1 pretty much like Poliwag or Litten, it should be faster than Hemogoblin. Also makes sense to me that a cell that circulates inside the body mutiple times a day being fast. Also BST 1 point smaller than Tynamo's. And Hemogoblin need to get extreme speed.

Stage 2: 60/69/59/69/62/55 (BST: 374)

Imo Stage 2 can be slower, but i think same speed than Hemogoblin sounds interesting. It also remembers me of Morgrem, so i used it BST + 4.

Final Submission

Stage 1: 35 HP / 49 Atk / 64 Def / 49 SpA / 72 SpD / 25 Spe (BST: 294)

Blood cells are defenders.

Stage 2: 55 HP / 89 Atk / 49 Def / 89 SpA / 67 SpD / 60 Spe (BST: 409)

Whereas Stage 2 looks more like a glass cannon. Faster than Hemogoblin too.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Stage 1: 30 HP / 39 Atk / 59 Def / 69 SpA / 77 SpD / 60 Spe (BST: 334)

[-60HP, -60 atk, -35 Def, -45 SpA, -30SpD, +5 Spe] How much attacking and defensive Jigglypuff and Clefairy gain from their babies altogether, HP was halved from Stage Two, and I decided to add on +5 in Speed so that it matches Mime Jr., a fellow Fairy whom I felt Stage One would match.

Stage 2: 60 HP / 74 Atk / 79 Def / 74 SpA / 87 SpD / 55 Spe (BST: 429)

[-30 HP, -25 Atk, -10 Def, -25 SpA, -10 SpD] I took inspiration from Togetic to Togekiss and did the same bulk decrease, added together and evened out attacking decrease, and threw away Speed changes.]

Last edited:

sun_dew

formerly JAGFL
is a Pre-Contributor
WIP

Stage 1: 42 HP / 35 Atk / 27 Def / 35 SpA / 35 SpD / 38 Spe (BST: 212)

Baby 'mons typically have stats in around the low 200s, making 212 (the boiling point for water in Fahrenheit, and more importantly the boiling point of blood) work really well for the BST. Other than that, the individual stats are focused on being relatively balanced and not much else, slightly resembling a more even version of Cleffa's spread.

Stage 2: 75 HP / 74 Atk / 80 Def / 74 SpA / 85 SpD / 63 Spe (BST: 451)

As with the first stage, I aimed for another important Fahrenheit temperature for the BST, the temperature at which paper burns and a nod to Fahrenheit 451. I wanted to stick with the theme of "significant temperatures in Fahrenheit" for the prevos' BSTs, though 451 is less significant flavor-wise than 212. This stat spread is also relatively even across the board, mostly a faster and weaker version of Hemogoblin's spread. Defensively, I tried to keep this stage fairly similar to Hemogoblin because the two are so similar in size.

Final Submission

Stage 1: 45 HP / 50 Atk / 51 Def / 50 SpA / 55 SpD / 31 Spe (BST: 282)

-25% for all stats except HP, -30hp

Stage 2: 75 HP / 75 Atk / 68 Def / 75 SpA / 73 SpD / 41 Spe (BST: 407)

-25% for all stats except HP, -15hp

Wulfanator

Clefable's wish came true!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Stage 1: 65 HP / 49 Atk / 64 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 25 Spe (BST: 339)

Stage 2: 85 HP / 69 Atk / 84 Def / 84 SpA / 92 SpD / 45 Spe (BST: 459)

---

So Hemogoblin has 90 HP / 99 Atk / 89 Def / 99 SpA / 97 SpD / 55 Spe giving us a BST of 529. The drastic change in design from Stage 2 to Final along with the BST reminds me a lot of the new evolutions they gave to old mons in gen 4: Togekiss, Porygon-Z, and Dusknoir. So I started by looking at Stage 2 and working my way backwards.

This takes inspiration directly from Dusclops to Dusknoir. Every bulk stat (HP/Def/SpD) was reduced by 5 and Atk was reduced by 30. The idea for the major dip in Atk is that the evolution is now putting its "heart" into battling and giving the trainer all its effort. This also puts more flavor emphasis on the physical attacking sets Hemogoblin was designed for when it evolves.

Most of the new gen 4 evolutions only increased BST by a small amount. Piloswine to Mamoswine was an increase of 80 BST. Dusclops to Dusknoir was an increase of about 70 BST. With this info, I trimmed SpA and Spe to get me in that ballpark. Since speed was already so low, I decided to pull more from SpA. The final changes were -15 to SpA and -10 to Spe.

252+ Atk Choice Band Roaring Moon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 102-120 (27.2 - 32%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Protosynthesis Roaring Moon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 132-156 (35.2 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

I then decided to keep rolling with the gen 4 inspiration and looked at the little guy. I liked the idea of making this baby pokemon-like given how simplistic it is. We already have a ton of baby fairy pokemon (Cleffa, Igglybuff, and Togepi just to name a few). It felt like this design could slot in with them nicely. Given the strength of CAP mon stats, it seemed odd to floor the BST to something in the 200s. Plus, this design isn't "cute" in the same way the other fairy baby pokemon are. After some dwelling on the idea, I decided to use Munchlax as a loose chassis since the jump in BST was a little less than other baby mons but can still be considered a baby.

This was a more deliberate process: gut 120 BST from the mon. I simply went down the line cutting 20 points from each stat. I considered adjusting some of the reductions, but I appreciated the clean difference between the stats of the 1st and 2nd stage. That is where I left it. (Edit: just noticed that this is similar to the stat increase from Porygon to Porygon2)

Last edited:
Final Submission

Stage 1: 55 HP / 51 Atk / 53 Def / 51 SpA / 59 SpD / 30 Spe (BST: 292)

So, before this thread was started I did a little research in preparation by take the stats of every baby pokemon and their final form and then putting them into a document that I could just look at, from this I did find a few things, mainly that baby pokemon stats don't have a consistent pattern, they just fall into one of three groups.
1. Sub-240, these are the weakest of them, this group is made up of mostly early gen mons like pichu, cleffa and azuril, 6 out of the 19 baby pokemon are in this category.
2. 300+, these are on the opposite end of the spectrum compared to sub-230s, these are on the higher end for 1st stages in general, most of these come from lines with only 2 stages (example, munchlax and snorlax), though there are exceptions in the form of elekid magby and mime jr if you want to count mr rime, there are 6 300+ babies out of 19 total babies.
3. The In-betweens, these fall between the other two categories, this categories has the most pokemon in it, generally there isn't really a pattern but a good majority of them are 2 stage, but there's some three stage line like togepi and budew, there are 7 of these out of the 19 babies.
As for my stats I decided to make it close to Hemogoblin rather than going too far in any specialization, my main base for these stats was budew because it's a three stage baby pokemon and roserade has a close BST to hemogoblin (Rose: 515 Hemo: 529)
I tried to make the stats well rounded to match with Hemogoblin.
Also I've seen other people go the approach making this little guy fast because red blood cells are fast but I didn't do that because the design's little legs make it look like it would be rather slow, the connection with red blood cells being fast is covered by espeed anyways.
(Also for those curious I used the bulbapedia page for baby pokemon to decide what I considered baby pokemon for my data set.)

Stage 2: 72 HP / 68 Atk / 69 Def / 68 SpA / 77 SpD / 55 Spe (BST: 409)

As for the second stage I winged it because the extent of the research I did for the first stage was too time consuming and just generally annoying.
For this stage I just generally aimed to make it a middle ground between little guy and hemogoblin.
For little details I included I had each defense stat end in 9 for no particular reasoning it just turned out that way after the first stages stats were done and I decided to keep it, another thing is each stage has +20 more defense than the last, another thing is Hemogoblin and this guy have the same diffrence between their defense stats, being 8 and I gave them both the same speed because the second stage art doesn't read as that fast to me, more like they'd struggle to walk.
The design also dosen't seem too defensive so I focused more on it's offenses to get its base stat total up.
Another little thing I looked at was pokemon with equal attack and special attack, which I did after I decided not to do research for this, but I found that often pokemon with equal offenses have pre-evos with equal offenses so I gave both stages equal offenses, this also helps make the line cohesive in terms of what it does.
Also 409 is neat with how hero's also ends in a 9.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Stage 1: 29/15/31/39/46/80 (BST: 240)

Stats for this stage are to emphasize that this is a tiny, puny singular blood cell that cannot do much on its own. The low attack stat is inspired by fellow cutesy three-stagers Happiny and Cleffa, as well as the simple fact that being physically hit by a blood cell is kinda laughable; it doesn’t even have arms! If it tried to kick you, it’d fall over. It being very small and weak also explains having Cosmog’s Defense and only having 1 base stat higher than Dreepy in HP. Special Attack and Special Defense are slightly less of a joke akin to the way Cleffa works (or a reverse Horsea), mainly because I imagine that it mainly survives off of its magical “fairy powers” since it basically cannot attack or defend with its body. What’s most noteworthy is the Speed, however. Given that blood cells are tiny and are incredibly fast inside the human body, I thought it’d make sense for this line to be one that is faster in its earlier stages. It’s only 80 speed (tied with Magikarp and Feebas) both because it is still only a first-stage (and unlike Abra is probably not as aware of its surroundings and such) and because the BST of 240 matches fellow first stages of three-stage lines Pawmi, Rolycoly, and Whismur. Also, the Speed being a third of its entire BST is funny. In short, while it’s not a baby mon officially (I don’t think we will be making a “Blood Incense”), in practice it will certainly act like one!

Stage 2: 59/48/40/77/64/82 (BST: 370)

For the middle stage, I decided to roll with the idea that this is likely noticeably bigger than the first stage, but still really small compared to other middle-stagers. It’s a bunch of veins and all, so while it is comparatively heftier than the first stage (hence the HP stat which matches Doublade and Braixen), it still is not particularly physically durable (hence the very low Defense). The HP and Defense also happen to be very similar to Pawmo, another Paldean three-stage middle mon. In spite of the maintaining of physical frailty, evolving into this stage sees a large improvement in its magical prowess, with its SpA being just under Dolliv and its SpD just under Naclstack. The Speed is slightly raised, while it is bigger, it does not grow big enough quite yet to be slowed down by its own weight that much; in fact, its longer legs help! The BST is set to be 370 to line up with fellow Goblin(-adjacent) mon Morgrem, as well as fellow biology nerd Duosion. It also shares a BST with Lampent, Hattrem, and Herdier, which also helps the BST makes sense.

When it evolves into Hemogoblin, it is absurdly larger than its previous forms, to the point where the sheer amount of stuff inside it slows it down, hence the 55 Speed. The upside is the added weight behind itself means its physical moves don’t hit like wet noodles anymore, and its overall bulk is much stronger. I imagine the heartburn aspect comes in by way of its individual parts working so hard that it raises Hemogoblin’s body temperature significantly or something.

EDIT: To be clear, the way I’m imagining the sizes of the mons is my interpretation of the designs and their concepts; I imagine that, in reality, the pre-evolutions would be much smaller than the final stage if you looked at them “in-game.”

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

Stage 1: 60 HP / 49 Atk / 69 Def / 49 SpA / 77 SpD / 25 Spe (BST: 329)

I decided to try to focus on giving Stage 1 a niche in CAPLC for my submission. Base 49 Attack allows Tera Pixilate Espeed to have a 50% chance to OHKO Solotl with Adamant (Guaranteed if it has taken any hazard damage). 60/77 SpD ensures that w/ max Special Defense investment, Stage 1 is never OHKO'd by Overheat from Tera Fire Choice Specs Solotl. (I know that Band/Specs is rarely relevant in LC, but I want to deny the ability to potentially cheese this matchup)

Outside of that interaction, I didn't give things too much thought on the competitive side and sort of just wanted to round out the spread so that it looks nice. I copied the differences between Attack and Special Defense over to Special Attack and Defense respectively, and I went with 25 Speed so that Stage 1 has exactly 200 less BST than Hemogoblin.

Stage 2: 70 HP / 74 Atk / 79 Def / 74 SpA / 87 SpD / 45 Spe (BST: 429)

Pretty much all of these are just the median stats between Stage 1 and Hemogoblin. The notable exceptions here are for HP and Speed. I figured that because Hemogoblin looks fairly bulky and slow, I wanted to try to reflect this in the stat differences. To do this, I made the HP gained from Stage 2 to Hemogoblin to be double the amount gained from Stage 1 to Stage 2. On the flip side, the amount of Speed gained from Stage 2 to Hemogoblin is left as half the amount gained from Stage 1 to Stage 2.

Last edited:

sun_dew

formerly JAGFL
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

Stage 1: 42 HP / 35 Atk / 27 Def / 35 SpA / 35 SpD / 38 Spe (BST: 212)

Baby 'mons typically have stats in around the low 200s, making 212 (the boiling point for water in Fahrenheit, and more importantly the boiling point of blood) work really well for the BST. Other than that, the individual stats are focused on being relatively evenly balanced and not much else, slightly resembling a more even version of Cleffa's spread.

Stage 2: 75 HP / 74 Atk / 87 Def / 62 SpA / 90 SpD / 63 Spe (BST: 451)

As with the first stage, I aimed for another important Fahrenheit temperature for the BST, the temperature at which paper burns and a nod to Fahrenheit 451. I wanted to stick with the theme of "significant temperatures in Fahrenheit" for the prevos' BSTs, though 451 is less significant flavor-wise than 212. This stat spread is also relatively even across the board, mostly a faster and weaker version of Hemogoblin's spread, similar to midstage 'mons like Poliwhirl. Defensively, I tried to keep this stage fairly similar to Hemogoblin because the two are so similar in size. This spread is comparable to several two-stage lines that gained an evolution in Gen. 4, such as Dusclops, Magneton, Porygon2, Magmar, etc. (particularly Magmar).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)