CAP 24 CAP 24 - Part 10 - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP

Changed up the perspective on the feet, added back sprites at last, and decided on a white/red shiny color scheme because I liked it better, kinda cherry blossom like. At any rate, if nobody else has issues with it, this'll be the last update for this thing before my final sub! :)

Falchion I think the Shimenawa could use a bit of adjusting in a way I can't even describe properly because spriting is not my area of expertise at all, but hopefully this analogy will help:

The closest thing I could find on a sprited Gen V pokemon that looks like rope is Hitmonlee's legs(left is the B/W sprite, right is the HG/SS sprite). The lighter parts of the outline of the legs in those sprites look exactly like what you have for the outline on the Shimenawa right now, but there's sections where a black outline is used for parts of the leg too, specifically the areas opposite where highlights are used. I like your Shimenawa a lot but I think using a darker outline color alongside what you have for it would help it stand out much better, especially in the bow part of the backsprite. The 'sleeves' in the front sprite look a little asymmetrical to me and I feel the Shide and rope on the front sprite could be cleaned up a little bit too but they look fine to me in the backsprite and as with everything else, that's up to your discretion.

This is also super nitpicky but I think changing the highlights on the shiny's mask to White, if you want to use a white-like color for them, looks nicer than a light grey, even though literally no other voter will probably care. I would also recommend against using the same color as your base colors for the highlights you have on the alternate gender sprites but, again, that might not be that influential/worth the trouble to change.

Sorry for all the criticisms but I really like your sprites, you've done a really nice job in my opinion!

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Mod Quanyails

You have 48 hours to get your Final Submissions for Jumbao's sprites in!

User Quanyails

Updates to the sprites:
  • Positioned the feet farther like in the original lineart.
  • Toned down the colors to match other Gen. V sprites' colors.
  • Shifted the position of the left foot and bow on the back sprite.
Thanks to Darquezze, friesfornapkins, pip, Plazzap, QxC4eva, and StephXPM for the feedback. ^_^

And finally, shinies!

If you have any preferences or suggestions for what shiny palette you'd like to see, please tag me in this thread or on Discord!

Thanks to Darquezze, Deck Knight, friesfornapkins, Kyuzeth, paintseagull, Reiga, and Sunfished!

porg_111

Banned deucer.

If you have any preferences or suggestions for what shiny palette you'd like to see, please tag me in this thread or on Discord!

Thanks to Darquezze, Deck Knight, friesfornapkins, Kyuzeth, paintseagull, Reiga, and Sunfished!
I prefer the 4th shiny palette

Final Submission

Redid the back sprite shading completely, made a few color adjustments, and fixed up a lot of things in general. Special thanks to Quanyails, Sun, and everyone else on the Discord chat who helped me out with this thing! :D

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Comparison test:

Blah, it's really tall. :/

Thank you to everyone who helped on the shiny!
Clawed Nyasu, Darquezze, Deck Knight, Falchion, friesfornakpins, KnightsofCydonia, Kyuzeth, Mova, offler45, paintseagull, porg_111, Project_Mars, Reviloja753, StephXPM, and Sunfished

Last edited:

Wulfanator

Clefable's wish came true!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

He is the bumblebao

Comment-Only Edit: The scale of the sprites are doubled in showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)