CAP 2 Pre-evo - Part 7.1 - Movepool poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Necturine is about to learn some moves, but what movepool will it be using? There are only three submissions, but oh, well:

jas61292
phoopes
Deck Knight

This is a single bold vote. A typical vote might look like this:

My Preferred Entry

If the voter wishes, he may post comments on his vote below the actual vote. Only the vote itself should be bold and none of the supplementary text should be bold.
Note that any posts that do not contain a vote will be moderated and the poster warned. If you feel compelled to say something in your own vote, you may do so, but please don't try to incite a discussion here. Keep discussion to the IRC channel, #cap.

This poll will be open for 24 hours. The CAP 2 final product can be seen here.

Necturine so far:

Typing: Grass / Ghost
Abilities: Anticipation / (Telepathy)
Base stats: 49 HP / 55 Atk / 60 Def / 50 SpA / 75 SpD / 51 Spe

Deck Knight
It's the most balanced movepool IMHO.

It is a nice idea to make Natural Gift a level up move. I hope that further CAP pre-evo movepools follow this example. Some moves in-game are only learned by a pre-evo, for example: Roselia and Water Sport, Wobbuffet and Encore ...

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well this is awkwardly landslide-like isn't it

jas61292

I agree when he says that Anticipation over Forewarn merits the removal of the Psychic-type TMs. At least, that's the only difference I could find with Deck Knight's movepool. phoopes' as well.

As for phoopes, he said he got rid of Psychic but it's still in the TM list... may want to fix/address that.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
jas61292

Well, this is more one sided then I would have thought. But anyways, while I already explained the reasoning behind mine, I want to point out the key differences between them. First, mine does not add anything new to the level up pool, where as Deck's does. I personally see this as a similarity to many other Pokemon who's movepools simply expand rather than change, but Deck's has plenty of precedent as well. Secondly is that mine does not include psychic and telekinesis where as his does. I think the big difference as stated in out posts was that mine is base on the thematic flavor, comparing it to Pokemon like Riolu, where as Deck's is based more on type based precedents, which is a different type of flavor all together. I personally prefer mine, but I don't think either is wrong. phoopes has a more similar movepool to me, but left out a few Dark moves. While I see no reason for their exclusion, once again this is personal preference, and I don't think it is right or wrong.

While, I obviously prefer my own, I think that all these movepools are perfectly good, and we can't go wrong with any of them.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Deck Knight

Not that I think Deck's is the only option. I do like jas' also. But I'd like this to not drag on forever...

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
jas61292

I think that having Anticipation instead of Forewarn merits the removal of Psychic-type moves; that's pretty much my only criteria >_>

Deck Knight

Contrary to many other opinions, I personally find that Anticipation still warrants the ability to use moves like Psychic and Calm Mind. Although it's not as advanced as Forewarn, the ability to anticipate the opponent's threatening moves shows an extent of psychic ability. That said, I like the fact that Deck Knight included those in his movepool, as well as his idea with Natural Gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)