can I make a serious life post without getting called a troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
'cause I really feel a need to open up

man, the last time I've hung out with someone was the day school ended last year, and that was basically her inviting me to her house and then we really didn't do anything for 3 hours and just fell asleep then I left in the morning.

only one person talks to me with any sort of frequency and frankly I think that's out of boredom. for as much as my parents would deny it I honestly think that not even they would notice any difference in their life if I were to cease existing - maybe they'd be a bit sad though but they're the only ones I think.

everything in my life feels empty and without any reason behind it. I play guitar and am kinda decent I guess, but that's not because I enjoy it. it's a drag to practice, I hate playing in front of people... I don't even know why I do it. I guess to say I don't entirely waste my life. I get really good grades in school but they're not the best... I get straight 99%s but I'm always in the shadow of the people who get straight hundreds, or my 4.66 GPA takes a total back seat to the people who are in 6 classes that offer AP and have a 5.0. at this point my grades feel like a standard rather than something anyone actually cares about me doing - my parents ask me what's wrong if I have a 96 in a course.

I don't even know what to do. I have no clue why I am even lifting weights at this point. no matter how strong I get I'll always be miserable with all of the fat on me. I'm doing nothing that makes weight lifting relevant to sports performance. fuck, the one thing I enjoy doing - competitive golf - has turned into a miserable activity for me because instead of it being fun I have no mindset except getting to the top of the professional ranks and there's not a soul alive including me who believes I can do it.

I don't even know why I do anything. there's nothing I want to do any more. there's nothing I enjoy doing. my life feels like a bottomless pit of loneliness and worthlessness. I can't sleep, I can't enjoy music... and what else is there for me?

fuck guys I don't know what to do any more.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
remember that if you're reading this you're already better off than 80% of the world who are illiterate and have no access to the internet

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Well, the first thing you should do is make the post shorter so people will actually read it. Then after I get done reading the shorter post, I can tell you to go talk to your parents, friends, someone who actually gives a fuck in order to get help from a trained professional or someone with a lot of life experience, and then I can ask why you thought it would be a good idea to post here in the first place.

you'll get over it

trust me I've been there before, just without the whole 'I'm fat why would I work out' part and the 'I hate the sport I love' part.

This may be a first but wickdaggler's right. This is just a phase that'll pass before you know it. Nothing we say will do much to help but given a few days this won't be an issue.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Your problem seems to be the fact that you have no friends and no life outside of school, and a few lonely hobbies that can easily be changed. Pretty good at guitar? Talk to people, find out if you can set up some jam sessions with some other like-minded individuals. Lift weights? If you're doing them at home then get a gym membership and force yourself to go. Talk to people at the gym, learn from them and try to socialize. Try if you can to find a lifting partner who will motivate you as well as give you a friend to shoot the shit with.

Lots of people love music, listening or playing so the fact that you play guitar is already a great step in the right direction. Talk to people in your classes and see what their interests are, just practice talking because being able to be social is probably the most important life aspect. Get a job, you can make a ton of friends at a job and depending on the workplace a possible great way to meet girls. If you never bother to try and find people to be friends with, you'll always be miserable.

As for the school, lower your standards. 99 is amazing, but school is not everything. Enjoying life and having friends is far more important than having good marks in high school. Yes, they are important, but being happy is what matters. Oh and one more point, you don't have a hard life, so don't be fishing for pity. If you be social and friendly towards others you will gain some much needed confidence. Good luck to ya.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know it seems unhelpful that we're calling this a "phase", but this is a pretty normal mindset for someone your age. High School sucks for anyone who isn't one of the "popular" kids because social life itself seems to revolve around that aspect. Once you get out of high school I promise things will improve, ESPECIALLY if you continue to earn those high marks. You will begin to network with people who share your interests in college classes (because theoretically they actually want to be there), and being able to play guitar, even at an average level, makes you an absolute darling at parties and other gatherings once you get to college. Though your hobbies appear to be lonely, they don't have to feel that way. If your hobbies make you happy, who cares if you do them alone? Also, regardless of your weight goals, regular exercise WILL make you happier, I guarantee. Who cares how much weight you lose or what you look like? The biological fact is that working out releases endorphins, and they make you feel better.

If all else fails, remember this Arab proverb:

"I used to cry because I had no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet."

Well first, you need to accept that a talent can be appreciated without you having to be the best at it. We all want to be respected for our talents but hey, not everyone can be at the top. Playing guitar, golf, and high grades are all good things (last time I checked 99% was pretty good!?).

Secondly, social interactions are a two way thing. If people don't find you interesting then it's probably because you're simply not opening up, it's not any reflection upon you as a person. I know plenty of average people who can quite easily hold a conversation because it's their mannerisms and attitude that keep them going.

I'd take a stab that you are probably also slightly paranoid, which is fine, but you need to overcome that innate fear if you want a decent social life. Hunt down friends because very rarely will they find you if you make no effort

Good luck man, I hope for the best

Remember that GPAs are not everything, even in education. Many colleges look for extracurricular activities and the impact that you have within your activities inside and outside the classroom. Those people that only focus on one thing will not make it as far as a balanced student. If guitar playing and competitive golf are no longer enjoyable to you, then try another sport and take up another hobby. Both are great ways to meet new people.

And if all else fails, one of the beet things to do when you don't know where to go is to find somebody to serve. If you can't find a job, do community service. Working at a soup kitchen and helping people who aren't as fortunate as you will make you feel a little better about life, at least for a while.

Find something fun and productive (or just one of the two) to do, but definitely something new and different. If you're in a slump and not happy with your weight, try playing a new sport, or even doing something like Kinect or DDR. Try to find people to become friends with (or even closer with) in new areas. Like start going to a church or a local YMCA or something.

In summary, change your priorities because the ones you have right now clearly aren't working out.

GET THE FUCK OFF THE COMPUTER AND GO MEET SOMEONE

Seriously, want to have a connection with someone? Go out there and do it. Things don't just come to you.

I played guitar for 10 years, and I don't really play anymore. But my life doesn't end there, just that part of my life.

Re: Your grades? Dude, you don't have to be the best!!! Having perfect grades is cool and all, but it doesn't make anyone a better person.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I've recently taken up competitive Mario Kart 64 and it has definitely made my life worth living again.

Curtains pro tips:

yeah a pokemon forum isnt the best place to spend time if you want to improve your situation. Smogon/internet can only complement your life not be built around it. Try this: Don't go online except for school work for a month. Then you will be forced to use other humans for entertainment.Also If your old enough get a job. Get a car. Go the the barber shop. Fix ur acne.Be a well rounded person. You have good grades but you fail in the social part of it. A good sociable well spoken athletic individual with a 3.5 gpa will always get more attention than a 4.0 gpa mute from colleges. Also if you want to lose weight look up HIIT on google. Do it everyday.Get a gym membership. Do it there. Dont eat after 6pm. Drink alot of water. No bread EVER.be happy. Smile.Shake hands with people. Firm grip.always. DOnt go to sleep at 12am everynight.Learn some pop culture to break the ice with new people.You cant on a date with a non nerdy chick and expect to talk about how alderlongs proposal should have not passed. get a facebook. Add people. Get better clothes. Dont look like your mom dressed you and picked your clothes. Wear clean non faded polos to school. Look nice everyday.Talk in class. Have a personality.be funny.Not smogon funny.People dont like that.Stand up tall and dont slouch.ever. that will get negative attention. Good luck broham.

That last post has me in shock.

In a good way.

I'ma reiterate the team sport thing. Even if you aren't any good, intermural sports give you a sense of belonging and you can easily find some great people to fit in with. It's not even so much about the competition as much as it is the social experience.

And looking at what you're saying about golf. Most of us here aren't the best at anything (inter)nationally recognized. While it might suck to not be someone who's not influencing the lives of millions, there's nothing wrong with being a good friend to a few, and influencing the life of three or four.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
  • decent at guitar
  • straight 99% grades
  • lifts weight
  • competitive (golf)

wow you're pretty awesome!!! :toast: just try talking to more people i guess.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1. Talk to someone in real life about your problems, don't post them on a Pokemon Forum.
2. Understand that if you don't feel accomplished merely being good, you will never feel accomplished-no matter what you do, there will always be someone out there who is better than you are at it. In other words, focus on what you have and have done, not what you don't have or haven't done.
3. Get involved in something to meet new people.
4. If your parents ask you what is wrong if you are getting a 96, tell them to chill out.
5. Instead of lifting weights, go running. It's healthier in general and better for just about any sport you could play (sans Footbal, Lacrosse, and maybe a few others).

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I second the running thing. If you think you're fat, cardiovascular exercise, not strength training, is the way to go. The whole loneliness thing hit me hard because I realized that could have been me if I didn't do band. I only see 1 or 2 of my old friends regularly, and that only started this year. I would have been really lonely 0.0 just do anything social, the problem will solve itself.

GET THE FUCK OFF THE COMPUTER AND GO MEET SOMEONE
This. Don't sit here and sulk. Go meet people. The easiest way to make friends is to be happy and friendly. If people are upbeat and friendly to me, I know that I'm inclined to talk to them. But you need to make the effort yourself. Friends aren't just going to magically come to you. You need to be outgoing and friendly and like-able. You say you play guitar? Find some people to jam with. Jamming's fun and a great way to make friends. Join a band to give yourself something to do after school. But you need to do stuff yourself, life's just not going to magically get better.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You seriously think your life is meaningless?

-Grow a pair and tell your parents that getting a 96% in a class is ridiculously good. (you actually know the 6 people who got 100%? lol)
-If you don't have anyone to talk too, start putting yourself out there. In general, people like individuals with who are smart & have high grades. (unless you have a really crummy personality.) Helping out fellow students is a great way to meet new people.
-You know, you'll never be a pro golf player if you tell yourself you can't do it. You need to believe you can do it. Nobody else matters.

Seriously OP, you need to get over yourself and stop it with the self-loathing, it's the ugliest human emotion.

Hello! I don't know if I can help, but I'll try. I agree with alot of people when they say that you need others to talk to. We are alot like rabbits in the fact that humans are social animals. With out others, a rabbit will sometimes die of loneliness. However, there is more to it then that. As you know grades isn't the most important thing in the world. You need to look into your life and find what makes you really happy. If its not golf, what is it? Try some new things! Like watch a new show or read a new book! Find something that makes YOU happy. Life is what you make it. And guess what. It doesn't matter if you are overweight, just be happy with youself. What I do is care for small animals....like rabbits. lol Which, makes a person feel needed. Also, find somebody that will listen, to you. Umm...did I help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)