SS Ubers Calyrex ice tr ho

https://pokepast.es/267a21594c21b396

So my first mon is dialga generally the first tr setter its item chople berry lets it take a close combat from zacian and ko it after tr is set utilities like stealth rock. Steal beam is an suicide option for dialga that prevent other mons to take its advantage and so it can bring a breaker reliably. Fire blast is a very good option imo because necrozma dm is a very hard Pokemon to counter for this team and fire blast 2hkos defensive necro. Steel beam deals great amount oh damage enabling calyrex to pick kos effortlessly.

The next is calyrex ice the star of this team. It ruins everything except necro dm in tr. it is too hard to handle in tr due to its great ability as one. Glacial lance is a very good stab and kos good amount of meta game. High horse power helps against zacian and weakened defensive necro. Seed bomb ohkos kyogre at +1. Trick room makes calyrex less dependent on teammates to set Tr and sets tr itself on some important occasions

Next is lunala the second tr setter. Defog enables to takes of screens while teleport is to safely bring the breakers. Moongeist beam makes defensive necro less threatening to the team. The strategy mainly is too use lunala to set tr reliably due the shadow shield (for example it survives a max Starfall from xerneas after geomancy and sets tr for calyrex or necro to antisweep) and use teleport or hit hard before dying with moongeist beam to checks like necro or switch ins. I do make sure before hand that dark types are weakened or koed. Lunala's main goal is to set tr.

The next is dracovish a pretty much obvious mon on this team that kills defensive necro and counters hooh which otherwise threatens this team. Fishious rend ohkos kyogre and many mons in the meta game. I use dracovish to wreck as much as possible to create a better condition for calyrex to pick kos. Low kick hits ferrothorn hard and 2hkos it as it resists both it's stab moves and psychic fang 2hkos toxapex.

Next comes defensive necrozma dusk mane
It is there to set tr on zacian and a strong counter to it and xerneas-.weakness policy makes it even more threatening. It's there to weaken does so calyrex can clean late game. Sunsteel strike is a stab that deals damage more than 50 percent to almost all non resists. Earthquake cripples opposing necrozma dm after boost from weakness policy. Sunsteel strike is a useful tool against xerneas. Morning sun let's necrozma handle likes of zacian more comfortably and confirms longetivity of necrozma so it can set tr if no mons are left.

Next is av yveltal. This mon protects the team against opposing yveltal and calyrex shadow rider.
It gives the team a slow u turn support. Heat wave is to deal with zacian switch ins and 2hko it and often max flare ohkos it dark pulse is a powerful stab that deals with caly ghost and oblivion wing maintain yveltal's longetivity and deals with opposing yveltal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Edit: Also, you can only post one RMT every two weeks. So on top of updating the description, pm me in two weeks to unlock your other RMT for you.

unlocked

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to smogon, I will try to rate your team but it has some big weaknessess that mean a lot of changes need to be made. But firstly I want to point out that you should post your sets in the text as well to make it easier for the reader to know what youre talking about without having to switch between pages.

Before I judge individual movesets, I want to point out that your team is NOT a hyper offense, you rely on defensive pokemon to check some threats such as calyrex-shadow and zacian. And another comment is that full TR teams tend to struggle a lot in such a fast paced metagame like ubers, since denying your room isnt that hard and losing a single bit of momentum and a turn of trick room might cost you the game.

Now on to the sets themselves, in the order that you posted them in the RMT. Dialga is a niche pick that works well with your team, but sacking it with steel beam isnt really optimal for your balance team, so I suggest swapping it for draco meteor. It handles eternatus and ho-oh much better, easing your matchup against them, and it also KOes quagsire, letting the field much nicer for your setup sweepers.

Calyrex-ice is basically an inferior option to calyrex-shadow that screams you have trick room in your team to make it work, and can easily be KOed by a large portion of the offensive metagame before it sets up TR. But assuming your teammates set the room for you, I would reccomend an item change from HDB to life orb. It gives him much needed power as a sweeper, notably letting it OHKO defensive ho-oh at +1 with glacial lance.

Lunala doesn't seem to fit the team really well, and it doesn't really have a well defined role. If you want a pokemon able to check necrozma DM, zacian-c and xerneas while also providing defog support I reccommend using defensive ho-oh. This is the standard moveset, but keep in mind you can choose between whirlwind and protect to phaze non-dynamax pokemon or stall out dynamax turns and rack up toxic damage.
Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

Dracovish is another pokemon that doesnt fit the team, it is simply a bad pokemon in ubers with a too specific niche and support condition up on the field at all times to have a chance to work. In the beginning of my rate I suggested you should use a semi room team instead of a hard room team, and switching vish for scarf kyogre does exactly this. A timid nature is required to outspeed zacian-c and calyrex-s, making your team less reliant on trick room.
Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Necrozma DM has a weird ev spread, you're trying to compress two sets into a single one. If you want a sweeper, change its spread to 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def Brave or, if you want a support to keep entering the field, change its item to leftovers.

Yveltal suffers from a similar problem, you have an offensive moveset but in the RMT you posted you said they are there to check calyrex-s defensively and you gave them a defensive ev spread. I recommed a complete change in its moveset to better fit this role as a defensive backbone, with a spread that only takes a 3HKO from draining kiss choice specs calyrex-s while also OHKOing it with either sucker punch or foul play and maximizing physical bulk, since there are many more physical threats yveltal is able to check.
Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost

So, summing up the changes, we have

:dialga:
steel beam --> draco meteor

:calyrex-ice: (no sprite yet because it just released)
heavy duty boots --> life orb

:lunala: --> :ho-oh:

:dracovish: --> :kyogre:

:necrozma-dusk mane:
weakness policy --> leftovers

:yveltal:
complete moveset change

Calyrex-Ice @ Life Orb
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- High Horsepower
- Seed Bomb
- Glacial Lance
- Trick Room

Dialga @ Chople Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Impish Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Trick Room
- Earthquake
- Morning Sun

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Hello and welcome to smogon, I will try to rate your team but it has some big weaknessess that mean a lot of changes need to be made. But firstly I want to point out that you should post your sets in the text as well to make it easier for the reader to know what youre talking about without having to switch between pages.

Before I judge individual movesets, I want to point out that your team is NOT a hyper offense, you rely on defensive pokemon to check some threats such as calyrex-shadow and zacian. And another comment is that full TR teams tend to struggle a lot in such a fast paced metagame like ubers, since denying your room isnt that hard and losing a single bit of momentum and a turn of trick room might cost you the game.

Now on to the sets themselves, in the order that you posted them in the RMT. Dialga is a niche pick that works well with your team, but sacking it with steel beam isnt really optimal for your balance team, so I suggest swapping it for draco meteor. It handles eternatus and ho-oh much better, easing your matchup against them, and it also KOes quagsire, letting the field much nicer for your setup sweepers.

Calyrex-ice is basically an inferior option to calyrex-shadow that screams you have trick room in your team to make it work, and can easily be KOed by a large portion of the offensive metagame before it sets up TR. But assuming your teammates set the room for you, I would reccomend an item change from HDB to life orb. It gives him much needed power as a sweeper, notably letting it OHKO defensive ho-oh at +1 with glacial lance.

Lunala doesn't seem to fit the team really well, and it doesn't really have a well defined role. If you want a pokemon able to check necrozma DM, zacian-c and xerneas while also providing defog support I reccommend using defensive ho-oh. This is the standard moveset, but keep in mind you can choose between whirlwind and protect to phaze non-dynamax pokemon or stall out dynamax turns and rack up toxic damage.
Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

Dracovish is another pokemon that doesnt fit the team, it is simply a bad pokemon in ubers with a too specific niche and support condition up on the field at all times to have a chance to work. In the beginning of my rate I suggested you should use a semi room team instead of a hard room team, and switching vish for scarf kyogre does exactly this. A timid nature is required to outspeed zacian-c and calyrex-s, making your team less reliant on trick room.
Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Necrozma DM has a weird ev spread, you're trying to compress two sets into a single one. If you want a sweeper, change its spread to 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def Brave or, if you want a support to keep entering the field, change its item to leftovers.

Yveltal suffers from a similar problem, you have an offensive moveset but in the RMT you posted you said they are there to check calyrex-s defensively and you gave them a defensive ev spread. I recommed a complete change in its moveset to better fit this role as a defensive backbone, with a spread that only takes a 3HKO from draining kiss choice specs calyrex-s while also OHKOing it with either sucker punch or foul play and maximizing physical bulk, since there are many more physical threats yveltal is able to check.
Impish Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost

So, summing up the changes, we have

:dialga:
steel beam --> draco meteor

:calyrex-ice: (no sprite yet because it just released)
heavy duty boots --> life orb

:lunala: --> :ho-oh:

:dracovish: --> :kyogre:

:necrozma-dusk mane:
weakness policy --> leftovers

:yveltal:
complete moveset change

Calyrex-Ice @ Life Orb
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- High Horsepower
- Seed Bomb
- Glacial Lance
- Trick Room

Dialga @ Chople Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Impish Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Trick Room
- Earthquake
- Morning Sun

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
Thanks to you a lot and I accept the fact you said that full tr teams aren't reliable so definitely your build is better cause I tried this on ladder but I rarely could win any matches 1700+ but I think calyrex ice is really good. So I started building very recently and don't know many facts so this should be cool for a start. I would be kind of you if you could suggest how I can improve on my teambuilding. Will it improve my this method on rmt?

Firstly, you can improve teambuilding by practice. Know what style of team youre trying to build, know who the best pokemon in the metagame are and have checks for that and try not to overwhelm a pokemon into doing everything on the team because they will faint from all the pressure and you wont have that crucial part of your team anymore.

I personally dont like calyrex ice for the reasons I already said in the rmt, it only works inside trick room but most of the metagame can easily prevent them from doing that. And ho-oh doesn't need recovery because of its ability regenerator, it heals 33% of its HP every time it switches out. You can put roost on the moveset, but losing on another option usually is a bad idea.

Firstly, you can improve teambuilding by practice. Know what style of team youre trying to build, know who the best pokemon in the metagame are and have checks for that and try not to overwhelm a pokemon into doing everything on the team because they will faint from all the pressure and you wont have that crucial part of your team anymore.

I personally dont like calyrex ice for the reasons I already said in the rmt, it only works inside trick room but most of the metagame can easily prevent them from doing that. And ho-oh doesn't need recovery because of its ability regenerator, it heals 33% of its HP every time it switches out. You can put roost on the moveset, but losing on another option usually is a bad idea.
fix up this team if you want

kyogurt (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Sacred Sword
- Behemoth Blade
- Psychic Fangs

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

you can add 3 more pokemon if needed or just fix with with 3 pokemon remaining

A last question to you the build is weak to kyogre isn't it?
Yes it is, but kyogre isnt as common as the other threats. This is still something that can improve by tweaking ev spreads and movesets such as making dialga focused in spdef or straight out swapping a team member for ferrothorn or rillaboom, which honestly is hard to do without making the team lack in some other aspect.

And calyrex ice isn't good so should I drop building it?
If you do that, you should start building an entire new team, because this specific team seems like it was made to support calyrex. If you dropped it, you should make a non-trick room team, and that is such a generic description that you could do literally anything. Semi room teams can work, but they arent as common or consistent as other teams, and calyrex ice is one of the best pokemon for this team format.

fix up this team if you want

kyogurt (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Sacred Sword
- Behemoth Blade
- Psychic Fangs

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

you can add 3 more pokemon if needed or just fix with with 3 pokemon remaining
No :) hope this helped

Hrishioo7 Le Annoyer

reopening this post.

beenusing this team with very slight modifications (Lunala for Porygon2 and change in Yveltal set).

https://pokepast.es/b5c765a8ab329ab0

Metagame has changed a lot and I am breezing through the ladder despite being a pretty average player. I am currently #34 but still going up. I started playing SS Crown Tundra Ubers last week and landed on this post after being destroyed by another TR

I can save some replays and share, but I think this team is quite cool, fun and decent (at least in a ladder setting).

There are definitely optimizations (matchup against stall is shaky, especially when they have shedinja), but I have done well vs other archetypes overall. I insist, I am not good or experienced in SS Ubers, so I think the team has its merit.

Would love to hear thoughts!

3BFA0A52-9B4F-4056-921A-1A7DEE432B9A.jpeg

Lunala is missing 4 EVs. It's just one 1 attack, if kept could it be full defensive? Though it was said to not keep it, I always just try to improve sets not replace mons. In BSS, I was tols not to run AV Yveltal(Ho-oh gets away w/ this, despite also losing it's recovery move, cause Regenerator. And to a lesser extent Giga Drain though not for ubers.) It sounds like that applies here at least as much.

Er, and isn't Zacian banned, even from Ubers? Sorry for not checking 1st, but a friend mentioned it and it seems a harmless question to ask. If it is I'd look critically at Dialga's Fire Blast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)