BSS Calyrex-Ice (BSS)

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
:ss/calyrex-ice:
Calyrex-Ice @ Weakness Policy / Life Orb
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Glacial Lance
- High Horsepower
- Seed Bomb
- Trick Room

Insane bulk and Attack, access to a number of coverage options, low Speed—all these traits make Calyrex-I a terrifying Trick Room attacker! As One also grants Calyrex-I the Chilling Neigh ability, which makes it even harder to stop once it has picked up a KO. Calyrex-I's coverage includes useful moves like High Horsepower, which complements Glacial Lance very well, Seed Bomb, which beats Water-types like Tapu Fini, Kyogre, and Quagsire, and Close Combat, which boosts Calyrex-I's Attack during Dynamax. Being a Trick Room attacker also means that Ditto will have difficulties revenge killing Calyrex-I. Popular Pokemon like Cinderace, Zacian-C, Urshifu-S, and Necrozma-DM are dangerous for Calyrex-I, so don't forget to pair it with their checks, Pokemon such as Landorus-T, Tapu Fini, and Ditto.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
This looks fine to me as is. I'd possibly mention a general note about Ice Rider Calyrex though is that due to its insane bulk it often runs Weakness Policy, which often forces the opponent to respect the fact that hitting it for super-effective damage may be risky which can put some real pressure in some matchups. Obviously this set has LO though so that mindgame disappears after Calyrex attacks once, but it might be something worth noting.

Otherwise yeah, this seems fine to me. Calyrex is fairly straight-forward.

Egor

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
I'd possibly mention a general note about Ice Rider Calyrex though is that due to its insane bulk it often runs Weakness Policy, which often forces the opponent to respect the fact that hitting it for super-effective damage may be risky which can put some real pressure in some matchups. Obviously this set has LO though so that mindgame disappears after Calyrex attacks once, but it might be something worth noting.
I think this can be kinda implemented by slashing WP on the set (not sure if before or past LO). Are you fine with this?

At least that makes more logical mentioning WP alongside Calyrex-Ice's bulk, so I can not just slash the item but work this into the text as well, if you want me to.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Yeah if slashing in WP is fine for a spotlight I think that's probably the simplest and easiest way to do that, I was just under the assumption that we didn't want many slashes on a spotlight but surely that's fine? And technically WP is the most used item for it but the set I initially sent in for this is LO because LO is more epic.

Egor

RoAPL Champion
Having one slash should be fine for spotlights yeah. Moving this to gp then.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove
(AC): Add Comma
:ss/calyrex-ice:
Calyrex-Ice @ Weakness Policy / Life Orb
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Glacial Lance
- High Horsepower
- Seed Bomb
- Trick Room

Insane bulk and Attack stat, access to a number of various coverage options, low Speed tier - all Speed—all these traits make Calyrex-Ice a terrifying Trick Room attacker! As One also grants Calyrex-Ice the Chilling Neigh ability, (AC) which makes it even harder to stop once it has picked up a KO. Calyrex-Ice's coverage includes useful moves like High Horsepower, which complements Glacial Lance very well, Seed Bomb, which beats Water-types like Tapu Fini, Kyogre, and Quagsire, and Close Combat, which boosts Calyrex-Ice's Attack during Dynamax. Being a Trick Room attacker also means that Ditto will have difficulties revenge killing Calyrex-Ice. Popular Pokemon like Cinderace, Zacian-C, Urshifu-S, and Necrozma-DM are dangerous for Calyrex-Ice, so don't forget to pair it with their checks, Pokemon such as Landorus-T, Tapu Fini, and Ditto.
[/QUOTE]
finland-GP.gif
1/1

Egor

RoAPL Champion
did^ ty. the spotlight is done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)