Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Discussion

Many wait in anticipation for the newest Call of duty game. Nov. 9, 2009 people will line up infront of stores waiting for the release the next day.
Just if you haven't seen it already http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/ trailor.

Here we can discuss new tactics and game play. As well as maps, guns, vehicles ect.

(I hope I did this right I'm kind of nervous)

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Moved to Internet Renaissance and changed title to correct one. Competitive discussion can't really start for a game until it's out seeing as we don't know much about it =P

And yeah, Modern Warfare is a new franchise that has spawned from Call of Duty. The game is "Modern Warfare 2" not "Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2". Although I'm sure Activision Blizzard will slap on a sticker that takes up half the box going "FROM THE CREATORS OF CALL OF DUTY" on it!

Modern Warfare looks to be sick! I heard that there will be this new submachinegun better than the MP5 with a recoil going downward, so that you don't miss as much at close range, and also hopefully the obvious silenced snipers!

A silenced sniper would be amazing. I played the gullies in the mist mode like 30 times just cause of the m21. I hope sniping in MW2 is moderately the same, cause i run a sniping division in my clan.

So excited for this game. And honestly, I would hate a suppressed sniper. It would just increase the already huge number of campers in the game and make it nearly impossible to find a hiding sniper because you know that people will immediately start running UAV Jammer on their suppressed snipers...

Edit: it appears the SMG that i thought i saw in the trailer is actually the Striker, a shotgun that gets 12 rounds to a magazine (!). Looks like gold guns may be harder to obtain with this number of confimed guns.

There isn't a list of available weapons yet?
*dang* I want to know about them!
And what about the mp5? O.o better for them to have left my favourite weapon in!

There isn't a list of available weapons yet?
*dang* I want to know about them!
And what about the mp5? O.o better for them to have left my favourite weapon in!
The MP5 is a staple in any game about recent modern warfare so you're in luck. :toast:

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have never anticipated a game as much as MW2, having played over 20 days of COD4. Infinity Ward has never made a bum game, so I really can't have any fears that this game will be a let down.

People have identified all the guns from the trailers so far. You can see a list of all the confirmed weapons here

I'm still waiting on some multiplayer footage, so hopefully they kept it like CoD4. The only things I would change would be the M16 and maybe Frag x3. I think we may see a silenced sniper, but it will probably be a 2 shot kill at long distance. I don't play hardcore so I can't say how balanced it would be for that.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hehe, looks like Activision put their foot down.

Infinity Ward wants it to be called just Modern Warfare 2 but I don't think their bosses liked that.

are you sure those aren't fake? o.O
It seems odd to me that after all the effort made to create a NEW brand (so new/more clients/custumers) they ended up calling it again "COD", not that I dislike it but...

Man...

I need a new pc...

Otherwise a console with the adaptor that lets you use keyboard and mouse instead of the regular joypad D:

Firestorm

It's from the fourzerotwo twitter page, so yes it's real. That or the developers are playing some kind of joke on us. Which would be weird considering they got pretty annoyed at people calling it Call of Duty.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
apparently product awareness went down after dropping the cod label.

IT doesn't change the game AT ALL. I dont really care about the cod label.

A suppressed sniper would be brutal in Hardcore, because already tons of people run UAV jammer (I run it on every class) and it would probably still be a 1-shot kill, like the M21. I'm really excited for the FAMAS, it looks so dope and from what I saw it fires in bursts. I'm hoping they include more hardcore modes, the biggest for me being team tac and sabotage, but cage match would be nice too. I don't really know about the AC130, I hope it isn't too broken, I mean that plane laid waste to an entire village in the first game's campaign.

All in all, I'm fucking excited.

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think the AC130 could still be balanced. Assuming you get 2 homing rockets as perk one, and the AC130 pops flares on the first one, any noob should be able to take one down. I also suspect that you can kill whoever is operating it to take it down.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
there appears to be a reload time and limited ammo on the ac-130. Think about it. If it only has enough ammo / fuel to kill about 6 or 7 people it isnt too unbalanced. Not to mention the fact that flare are probably user controlled, meaning that it is possible to get shot down only in one shot.

I'm so excited for this game! The new gameplay video is SICK. They also seem to be adding a different point system in online. I noticed alot of "bonus" points for doing certain things.

Yeah like when he stuck that guy with the semtex the points showed up in a different colour (blue right?) and you could see it said something, like a normal challenge.

Edit: Actually, looking back at the text at a still frame, it says "payback; you've taken revenge" and earlier there's a "killjoy" so maybe they're implementing something like the halo medals system?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)