BW Sux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elaborating on what I said earlier, anyone who has a shit ton of free time on their hands will be able to get a researcher badge if indeed there is no practical way of deducing the damage formula as Bond697 and friends did with BW.
Who knows, maybe GameFreak gets lazy and doesn't even change it?

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
when i saw this thread, i totally thought TFC was complaining about BW OU again

needless to say i was not disappointed

I just fucking noticed that Fennefirefox uses Psywave or Psybeam, Chestnutthing uses Shadow Claw or similar and Froakie uses maybe Close Combat in the trailer.

GRASS/DARK FIRE/PSYCHIC WATER/FIGHTING

NO LONGER YAFF SYNDORME

EDIT: Froakie will evolve into a badass Mr Miyagi frog. Mark my words. He's got the beginning of the fucking moustache right there.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This can't be happening, I've actually been a part of Smogon for an entire generation @.@? If the trend of an influx of new members around a game release continues, I could be battling with users that never even played BW, much less DPP. I know compared to some users I'm incredibly young and I definitely missed out on the 'old Smogon,' but I guess I have been here for a little more than a 3rd of Smogon's official existence. I've been here almost the entire time I've been in high school. Enough to make a guy feel old. Can't imagine how the ADV players are feeling about now.

I just fucking noticed that Fennefirefox uses Psywave or Psybeam, Chestnutthing uses Shadow Claw or similar and Froakie uses maybe Close Combat in the trailer.

NO LONGER YAFF SYNDORME

EDIT: Froakie will evolve into a badass Mr Miyagi frog. Mark my words. He's got the beginning of the fucking moustache right there.
I love you right now, and if this happens I'm definitely rolling frog in both versions of the game

I'm just happy i'll be somewhat up to date when Gen VI comes out. Been playing since R/B and I only thought to join Smogon like a month ago :/

Chespin looks like a mix of Oshawott, Slowking and Sandslash so its final evo should looks pretty badass.

Chespin look more to me like a squirrel with a Scrafty-like hoodie of grassiness on. A squirrel or a semi-beaver thing. Hard to see that becoming a Dark type right now, unless it gets the squirrel-prankster-ish ness (coughDWabilitycough?).

Also, in the trailer, did you guys hear the freakin' terrifying and awesome call of the Y-legend?? It's at 1:12 if you missed that. Very bird-like, but also VERY dragon/roar-like. Whatever it is, it's awesome and terrifying.

NO LONGER YAFF SYNDORME

Well, Fennekin attacked a Kirlia with it's psychic attack. I think they were hitting everybody with the same typing so I'm guessing Ghost/Psychic/Normal second typings.

Well, Fennekin attacked a Kirlia with it's psychic attack. I think they were hitting everybody with the same typing so I'm guessing Ghost/Psychic/Normal second typings.
This makes no sense. Normal doesn't beat ghost, nor does psychic beat normal.

Dark/Grass - Psychic/Fire - Fighting/Water creates a triple-ring of weaknessess/strenghts; so each of the starters can hit each other STAB - super effectively.

This makes no sense. Normal doesn't beat ghost, nor does psychic beat normal.

Dark/Grass - Psychic/Fire - Fighting/Water creates a triple-ring of weaknessess/strenghts; so each of the starters can hit each other STAB - super effectively.
What makes you think there has to be a circle with the second types? They never did that before and the typing matches the animations. Shadow Claw for the first, some Psychic thing for the second, and then the typical blueish white animation for the normal type attack. (Slash? Fury Swipes?)

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
By the powers invested in me, I am locking this thread. Take the non-competitive speculation to the Orange Island thread. If you'd like to start some sort of project for speculation of the future of the Overused metagame, ask the Overused moderators (hint: I'm one of them) for approval and we can start something like that up.

Also I don't get the Froakie hype; y'all are whack :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)