OU BW OU Team Building Competition mk.2

Mew SkarmJelli

im pretty late to this so i apologize but i decided to do some magic with SD Mew on a SkarmJelli HO team, so lets get to work

:skarmory: - self explanatory, just gets up spikes and potientially even rocks and then just goes crazy with BB

:jellicent: - pretty self explanatory as well, goated spinblocker vs starmie and tenta by just wearing them down into range of zam + scarf ttar and thus maintaining the hazards and letting its teammates clean up

:tyranitar: - basically the main driver again except this teams running scarf ttar, as always this pokemon is absolute king when running scarf as its truly astonishing at revenge killing many pokemon with scarf such as Latios, Latias, and Starmie as well as other threats that dont like superpower/ice beam like Lando, Chomp, and Terrakion

:alakazam: - goated cleaner + revenge killer as well as being a pretty huge spikes abuser on SkarmJelli teams, nothing more i can say tho as its just zam other than its truly the king of these teams and helps me a lot in many MU's

:lucario: - a really really interesting yet dangerous pick, Lucario is actually pretty epic on SkarmJelli as its also a huge spikes abuser alongside zam as they push huge damage on faster threats like Garchomp and Keldeo to where boosted lucario can pick them off with espeed as well as also abusing Latios and Ferrothorn so beautifully, this Lucario is running BP over Crunch due to Scarf Tyranitar and SB Zam to take care of Jellicent + Reuniclus and this allows Lucario to dumpster Terrak, Kyub, Gengar, and opposing Scarf Ttar when boosted but BP still is great at revenge killing Terrak and Scarf Ttar even when not boosted

:mew: - the star of the entire show, this pokemons offensive movepool is extremely deep and can basically run whatever it wants but normally you see it run wisp + taunt in bw ou, however on this team mew is running sd sucker punch with drain punch + ice punch to give it immense surprise factor and potentially even sweeper in the right position, you're sadly walled by jellicent and reuniclus with this set but ttar + shadow ball zam can deal with them fine

The BW OU Savior

Banned deucer.
THE BW OU SAVIOR

My thought process was: Victini hits hard under sun so i paired him with Ninetales. What else can abuse of sun? Cresselia fits the criteria of the tournament so she's in as well.

I need to remove hazards so i choose Forretress which works as a dragon resist, can give me momentum with Volt Switch and set Spikes as well to makes it harder to switch into Victini.

Garchomp is here as a speed control and as a cleaner, Terrakion is there to punish Tyranitar who comes on the field against Cresselia

:Hippowdon::Shaymin::Heatran::Bronzong::Forretress::Latias::

:shaymin:Shaymin is interesting being pure grass and having rest+nat cure to shrug off passive damage such as Spikes, Stealth Rocks, Scald burns and Toxic from rain teams. Worry Seed is an interesting way of dealing with threats such as Reuniclus after getting a Toxic off onto it. With Leech Seed + Worry Seed it can annoy Gliscor, Clefable and Reuniclus in theory. In game this only really when Reuniclus and Gliscor are last mon but still gives a decent out mid game if you get into a bad spot.
:Hippowdon: Not much to talk about, just Sand, Reliable Recovery and Rocks. With Sand+Hazards, Shaymins Leech Seed can progressively become harder to switch into as the game goes on.
:Heatran: Honestly, this Heatran set is probably dogshit but it's probably the only way to stop Clefable from stomping all over you. The idea behind Heatran on this team is that Shaymin lures in Ferrothorn and Clefable and Heatran is able to come in and either trap Clefable or click Lava Plume on Ferrothorn to try and spread a burn. The EV's are Simply to outrun Jolly Scizor, live a Mach Punch from full from Choice Band Breloom and the rest into special attack so I only need to hit 2 Magma Storms on the Clefable+ a Lava Plume(And of course Taunt when it comes in after you trap it)
:Bronzong: Bronzong is just glue for a team like this. It's Levitate Ability and typing make it an almost perfect counter to Mamoswine which otherwise destroys this team. Bronzong also helps with Dragon types such as Dragonite and Latios. It also helps with Alakazam which is useful. If the Zam is HP Fire then Heatran can wall it. If the Zam is Focus Blast then Shaymin and Bronzong health will need to be preserved.
:Forretress: Yes this is a third Steel Type. No im not using Excadrill. On a serious note. Forretress gives this team Spikes, something with Excadrill cannot do.Overall, Forretress just has better Physical Bulk which allows it to spin on Landorus and Hippowdon while also getting off a Toxic on them which is pretty useful, especially when Shaymin is going to click Leech Seed.
:Latias:Could this be a Latios? Probably. But Latias looks a lot nicer with the Asthetic going on so we will keep her. This is the Keldeo check and the "Faster than 333 guy" so I don't autolose to shit like SD Garchomp. Roar is a pretty outdated move on Latias now but it helps slow Reuniclus down while also racking up more Spikes and Rocks chip. Feel free to change the Latias to a Latios if you do try this team. Only real benifit Latias has is greater bulk but at the cost of less power.

I had a lot of fun making this team. I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

Monai

is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
I don't even like using conkeldurr but it kind of just worked out this way

:mesprit: :Dragonite: :breloom: :Scizor: :starmie: :conkeldurr:

Inspired by the power of oras strategies, I wanted to make hwish offense in a gen without megas to easily pass to. I started with cresselia à la ORAS but realized Mesprit compressing Rocks and Uturn was absurdly valuable for one slot. Knowing that Sciz and Conk have very strong and reliable priority I actually went for super loom in order to whoop Skarm in one go and set up for the jolly dnite and conk. Sciz is sciz I needed lati and starmie to die. Chose Lum so I could blow up Rotom on the wisp turn and to set up on toed and whatever the fuck but scarf or lorb work fine too. Starmie for spin and keld check but I'm honestly thinking it should be psyshock. Dragonite was initially going to be the primary recipient of Hwish but I realized that conk can usually force way worse situations for the opponent early game and plays in a much more trade heavy way, so I ended up wishing to it much more often

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 0)