OU BW OU Team Building Competition mk.2

Approved by Finchinator.
team building.png

Artwork by Blazenix
Hello and welcome to the BW OU teambuilding competition hosted by ImZer0 and myself. Every 2 weeks, we will post a theme for the 2 weeks and you have to build a team around that theme. When you post your team to be submitted, please post the importable as well as your team building process and the idea behind the team. The team doesn't have to solve BW but please make sure your teams are viable. Most importantly have fun with it!

Do not steal other peoples teams. It's natural for some teams to look similar but dont take other peoples work.
Dont beg for votes. Likewise do not vote for yourself.
Ties: If there is a draw between 2 or more teams me and ImZer0 will decide.

Have Fun Everyone!

Last edited:
:bw/hydreigon: :bw/heatran:

Hydreigon + Heatran Offense
https://pokepast.es/e10957c11f62b88d
Team Blurb:
Hydreigon and Heatran are 2 Pokemon that struggle with their physical-weak typings (Dragon/Fighting in Hydra's case and Fighting/Ground in Tran's) in tandem with mediocre speed tiers, but they bring interesting offensive and indirect defensive utility to teams that can fit them. Because their issues are similar, a Dual Psy + Spikes build is a novel option for fitting both at once at the cost of defensive oddities, Latios counterplay in particular for this team.

:bw/hydreigon:
Hydreigon
:choice-specs: Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Earth Power​

The goal was to make a team that could fit this set. Hydra is a Pokemon that's bad at everything but killing stuff: nothing switches into it, but it's outrun and deleted by most other offensive Pokemon (Garchomp, Keldeo, Terrakion, Volcarona, Breloom, Latios to name a specific bunch), which made a Latios + Alakazam build immediately tempting since those two outrun and beat most of the Pokemon that Hydra exacerbates weakness to.

In return, STAB Dark makes Hydra a good bulky Psychic (Reuniclus, Slow twins, Jellicent, Celebi) punish, and better yet, U-turn on a predicted Fighting type swap in can get Latios/Zam in on e.g., Keld/Terrak, which is nice.

:bw/heatran:
Heatran
:leftovers: Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 60 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Toxic​

This Tran set is a weird hybrid of offensive balloon sets and more utility-based sets that are more common in DPP/ORAS than BW (from what I can tell at least). It's because for this team, I wanted Tran to be more of a defensive presence that can check various offensive threats and also minimize opposing spikes. Hence, the set needed to do the following:
  1. Outrun Lead Skarm to Taunt it
  2. Toxic for Latios and Bulky Waters (besides Tenta)
  3. Lava Plume to beat Scizor and Cloyster guaranteed
  4. Smash Outrage locked dragons/Gliscor with HP Ice
In an ideal world, one packs Earth Power as well for opposing Tran, but these 4 moves were all more crucial alongside the 2 dragons + Hippo securing the team against the occasional Tran already.

Just like Hydra, Heatran struggles because of its mediocre speed, so it appreciates Zam + Latios as well. In return, it's all-around good against irritating offensive mons like Volcarona (unless HP Ground . . .), Scizor, and Cloyster.

:bw/latios: :bw/alakazam:
:choice-specs: :focus-sash:
These two need no introduction. Running and gunning with the flagship sets is the obvious choice. It's nice to run double Specs dragon to slightly reduce the importance of spikes here by bashing most Steel types every time they come in, and Alakazam is the ultimate cleaner in any game thanks to its speed and Magic Guard, so it's also right at home here.

:bw/hippowdon:
Sand felt intuitive here with Heatran (want to dispel Rain and added chip on waters is nice), but the first 4 have a clear weakness to physicals and haven't provided Stealth Rock, so Hippowdon over Tyranitar makes sense. Hippo soft-checks Excadrill, Garchomp, Dragonite, and other scary physical threats, but it's not perfect, meaning playing for a Psychic type endgame is key.

:bw/forretress:
The first 5 members of the team were lacking a plethora of boxes to check:
  1. Spikes (Zam demands these)​
  2. Rapid Spin (Hippo/Tran would prefer spin support if they can help it)​
  3. Mamoswine soft check (Mamo bashes in half the team)​

Forre is far from the best choice for any of these things, but it's the only mon that can do all three alone. It also brings a slow Volt Switch as another pivot move, which is nice when all of its partners aren't particularly fond of swapping in, especially Zam.

Ayo, here we are.

When I saw the prompt my first thought was "ok, but we've seen a gajillions iterations of this". Except people come and go in this meta and on Smogon as a whole. New players join all the time, and the BW Discord crew has been especially delightful to hang out with. So I figured I'd join to show them that you can build a competent team that's not resembling a sample.

My first thought was that Rain teams struggled this SPL. And they struggled in recent years in general. Sand peeps figured out you could tech Reuniclus to make it just win. And psychic types in general were annoying. Loading Politoed Ferrothorn Tentacruel made you very weak to Alakazam. So, when considering Dark types, I decided I would use Spiritomb.

Spiritomb is an interesting Pokémon. It's a Dark/Ghost type, which invalidates Psychic types relying on Focus Blast to beat their checks. While Alakazam / Reuniclus still run Psy / Fight coverage, a lot of sets have shifted to more reliable moves like Thunder on Reun and Grass Knot and HP Fire on Alakazam. Spiritomb seemed like an obvious stop for these, at least temporarily.

My first iteration had Choice Band Spiritomb and SD Toxicroak. The synergy is obvious — Toxicroak is awful into Alakazam and a lot of Latios sets, so I had SPDef Eject Button Politoed + CB Spiritomb + SD Toxicroak. But going that route made me too weak to Landorus-T and Ground moves in general. So I re-imagined the team with a bait that forced Latios into Draco Meteoring, plus a mon to open up the way for other sweepers on my team. It's the oldest trick in the book (and how teams like Smurf HO function), but it's simple and effective, so why not?

Next, I didn't want to rely on the usual FerroCruel core. I think that's not that good in 2024. Even if Spiritomb technically fixes their main weakness, I'm not a fan. So I went for an offensive Ferrothorn set and ignored Spikes. Since you can't really ignore Spikes in this tier, I slapped a Balloon on Keldeo, which I'm pretty happy about. Fuck Excadrill.

My main issues with the team:
- Defensive Toed is just okay, but it's a nice to have, another set would do just as fine and do other things
- This Spiritomb set does not beat Reuniclus. Maybe Choice Band with Trick was the way
- The Thundurus-Therian counterplay is what it is, but at least a lot of mons outspeed it and it doesn't get many free switches

Keldeo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 3 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Dark]
- Secret Sword

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Encore
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

Ferrothorn @ Custap Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Explosion

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dual Chop

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Def / 132 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Last edited:

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
May as well post this attempt at using a scarf moxie Krookodile as the dark type along with Tyranitar.
https://pokepast.es/5a9b48b2c3501018
:Krookodile: :Tyranitar: :Excadrill: :Skarmory: :Celebi: :Keldeo:

This pursuit trapping core means that more than one of Latios, Alakazam, Jellicent, Starmie or Reuniclus can be removed / weakened with some prediction for a Keldeo to do work. This is an unusual set with calm mind and protect to assist in prediction, and possibly give a free calm mind after protect has been revealed. Alternatively, Keldeo matches up well against things that stop a Scarf Krookodile sweep like Skarmory, Landorus, Gliscor, Ferrothorn. Sand, rocks and spikes may assist wearing some stuff down into Krookodile range as it is quite weak especially with jolly to outspeed scarf lando as this one is. SD excadrill can put some pressure on the previously mentioned Skarmory, Landorus and co, and spin is useful due to the number of spikes weak mons here. Skarmory helps dealing with physical attackers like Mamo and exca barring flinches and provides spikes. Celebi takes on the water types and thundurus that threaten the team. Tyranitar has ice beam to possibly catch lando or gliscor. Overall the team is quite sound defensively in the short term, Skarmory and Celebi make a nice core, and max sp def rock slide tyranitar gives an answer for Volc even after rocks and a spike.

The team plays a bit clunky in a couple of test games and Krookodile is quite weak before a moxie boost and lacking a spammable stab or U-turn which leaves it feeling worse sometimes than just using Landorus-t. Anyway you are welcome to try it out and see if the idea can be improved on. Possibly knock off could be added onto the Krookodile set over stone edge to annoy stuff like Landorus and Ferrothorn and at least do something to any switch in without predicting.

Last edited:
This is actually my personal favorite team, employing two of my favorite mons, both dark types. While this team may not be the most balanced, I assure you, you will enjoy playing it.

https://pokepast.es/0f25553b1bab48fc

The Hermit:
:bw/druddigon:
The usual lead is druddigon, with access to Taunt / Glare you can effectively shut out many leads. Druddigon does not aim to last the entire game, instead aiming to set rocks, distribute as many glares as possible and contribute chip.

The Chariot
:bw/accelgor:
Against rain, I prefer leading with accelgor, whos equipped with hydration to eat status effects that would be detrimental to other team members. He is our second hazard setter, coming equipped with spikes. The speed is set to be specifically faster than alakazam, while putting the excess points into HP to maximize the effectiveness of Recover. You could alternatively run rest to make full use of hydration, but itd be up to you.

The Hierophant
:bw/excadrill:
Since this team lacks bulk, we are running a SPDef spreat of Exca, since the rest of the team cant take on latios.

The Magician
:bw/hydreigon:
Your revenge killer, your bread and butter, your panic button. Hydra comes with the coverage you need to take out any threats that may get out of hand. While initially I ran Specs here, I changed to scarf as Swords Dance Garchomp was a big problem.

The World
:bw/volcarona:
To round off this team, after everyone has done their bit, volcarona comes in to ideally finish the game.

The Fool
:bw/zoroark:
The main character of this story, equipped with choice specs, this zoroark aims to pretend to be Hydreigon while keeping the opponent guessing as to which one has a choice scarf and which one has specs. It can also pretend to be volcarona and u turning away to maintain momentum. Dont use him early, save it for when the opponent expects it less. You could run trick, but I prsonally prefer to run extrasensory for the tentacruel coverage.

The order of this team to maximize the illusion potential should be:
Druddigon/ Accelgor
Zoroark
Excadrill
Volcarona
Hydreigon.

Main Issue: This team loses turn 0 to drag mag as you cant keep up with it. Specifcally, Scarfed Garchomp and Scarfed Salamance are big problems since theyre both faster than Hydreigon. There are many other bad matchups, but your team is cooler than the opponent anyway, so who cares.

Last edited:
:mandibuzz: :abomasnow: :rotom-wash: :mamoswine: :jirachi: :starmie:

I wanted to make a team around Mandibuzz for this event. Mandibuzz has a lot of bulk, and the ability Overcoat, which makes it immune to weather damage. It also checks most of what Tyranitar does, with it checking Volcarona, Alakazam, and Reuniclus on a set with Brave Bird, Taunt, Roost, and U-turn, and max special defense. Taunt is also excellent at shutting down most pokemon slower than it, including Ferrothorn, Politoed, and Clefable. Mandibuzz has Dragonite speed, so its quite fast, letting it taunt before most status moves.

:mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz::mandibuzz:

I used Mandibuzz with Abomasnow here, so Mandibuzz doesn't overlap with Tyranitar, and it still gets good use out of Overcoat. I added Rotom because I liked the team name Vultturn. Thunder Wave is used here to slow down various threats so that Mamoswine can outspeed them, and for a surprise into Clefable or Reuniclus. Will-o-Wisp is still used for Garchomp and Kyurem, they aren't usually on the same team as pokemon I really want to paralyse anyway. Then I added Mamoswine, for some help against physical dragons, and as a strong threat to pivot into. After that I used Jirachi for a stealth rocker, Latios check, and another way to spread paralysis, especially on Excadrill with Body Slam. Finally, Starmie was used as a spinner, and as a Keldeo answer. Hidden Power Fire is used here for some help against Ferrothorn.

:bw/sharpedo: The Jaws of the Sea :bw/sharpedo:

IMG_0886.pngSharpedoIMG_0886.png
The star of the show. With protect and speed boost, this shark can devour teams faster than a great white. Waterfall and crunch make up its bread and butter, and zen headbutt has great coverage alongside it. It’s easy to stack speed boosts; and with rain and speed boost , it can outspeed tier staples like latios and agility Thundy with ease.
IMG_0887.png Politoed
The rain setter compliments sharpedo perfectly, and I use the standard set to achieve that. Nothing else to say here, just set rain, and let the shark rip.
:thundurus therian: , :tentacruel:
Thundy provides sub and a crucial electric immunity; as well as thunders to blow checks to sharpedo like ferro away, letting sharks do what sharks do. Now it is a known fact that sharks do not like stones, and tentacruel helps the shark get its footing in the battle. With moves like rapid spin and toxic, tentacruel can support teammates and itself.
:Ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn sets hazards, and gyro over knock means I can threaten kyurem black, and other various Pokémon that capitalize on ferro. Power whip helps against rotom wash, and opposing hazards mean that the shark can gnaw through well built teams more effortlessly.

IMG_0888.pngLatios, the second sharkIMG_0888.png
Choice scarf outruns most threats, and gives us a crucial breloom resist and Keldeo resist, with trick to cripple defensive mons, and Draco Meteors to bomb everything
:sharpedo: :politoed: :ferrothorn: :tentacruel: :thundurus therian: :latios:

Last edited:

Monai

is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
I have cooked brothers
:Conkeldurr: :Sharpedo: :Latias: :skarmory: :garchomp: :Scizor:

The defensive darks suck total ass and weav bish and hydrei are all cool enough offensively, but already mostly explored. Sharpedo brings a truly unique offensive profile that really does whoop standard sands compromised of like ground + psychics or exca and only can't threaten the spikers really. It's been tried a million times with rain, but frankly I think spikes offense is a more intuitive teamstyle for it. This Garchomp might look objectively bad and it kind of is, but Rocky Helmet makes Rocks pretty astoundingly easy to keep up and blast keeps Skarm and Ferro down if it doesn't outright kill them, and they are unable to pivot landot or gliscor thanks to HP Ice, last slot could probably be EQ though. Conkeldurr is a physical attacker that is able to trade quite well with many rains, and Mach Punch helps me forgo traditional speed control. Skarmory might look weird, but spikes have been pretty key in keeping things like Ferro Toed or Sciz low for the eventual Sharpedo sweep attempt. Ferro might seem more intuitive for the water resist but keeping spikes off was really important and I couldn't fit a Ghost for suicide lead Skarm. Regardless, superman has felt pretty easy to handle and a taunting spiking wall was surprisingly useful vs opposing offense. Lum Latias anchors me vs opposing rain and the unchoiced healing wish has been surprisingly effective overall. Sharpedo dies really quick so a second chance with that can be incredible and hwish conk shouldn't need explaining. Finally Scarf Sciz clicks the suit against sash zam but I've been leaning QA with 190 Speed since Jelli ain't shit.

Last edited:
:abomasnow: :skarmory: :jellicent: :krookodile: :Alakazam: :latios:

:Krookodile: Since I am hosting I thought I might as well try and submit a team too. At first, I wanted to build around scrafty screens. But thats boring and has probably been seen a million times by now. Then I tried a spiritomb build with its abilty to temporalily spin block. Came to find that that also doesn't work. And then there is krookodile. Krook is an interesting Pokemon with 2 stab moves that threatens the 3 most common spinners, Starmie, Tentacruel and Excadrill. With Pursuit it can trap pokemon such as alakazam and latios which this team does not fail very well into at first glance. Intimidate is great for stopping threats like Dragonite from setting up and can dragon claw it for a huge chunk of damage. With a choice scarf, Krook is able to find openings to come in and kill the opponents rapid spinner after jellicent either faints or uses it's eject button to switch out.

:Abomasnow: Yes you saw that right. This is a hail team with krookodile. But why? Well Abomasnows Hail helps to chip down steel types such as Ferrothorn, Bronzong, Skarmory and Jirachi to help support the 2 Psychic types win. Alongside Hail chip, Spikes and Rocks, Abomasnow is an offencive threat of its own and is very difficult to switch into. Abomasnow also makes the rain match up go a little more smoothly being able to switch into Scalds and threaten Politoed, Tentacruel, Ferrothorn, Thundurus and Latios either which huge attacks, Priority Ice Shard or simply resetting the weather. Since this team has scarf krook to revenge kill rapid spinners, I thought that having Abomasnow here over Tyranitar made more sense. (Or at least looked cool)

:Skarmory: Not much creativity here unfortunatly. Skarmory is just a relaible Rocker and Spiker and pairs very well with Jellicent.
:Jellicent: Onto Jellicent, Jellicent is running an eject button which isn't the most obscure set seen but works very well here. The eject button gives you a few lines of play when it comes to beating the rapid spinners. If Starmie hits you go to Krook and Crunch job done. Excadrill just Earthquake. If they switch so be more chip for you and your Zam and Latios to win. The Eject Button can also be used to remove Latios by allowing it take a Draco thanks to its EV's and then you can trap it with Krook. Scald is used on this Jellicent to give the beat down to Clefables trying to sit on you.

:Alakazam: :Latios: The final two Pokemon on this team are Latios and Alakazam. Two Spike Immune Psychics which benifit from the opponnets being chipped down throughout the course of the game through Hazards and Hail. The whole idea of the team is too get into a postion where one or both of these Pokemon can outright win by clicking whatever move they want. Latios here is using a White Herb as too help chip down Tyranitar for Alakazam even more by being able to click Draco twice without having to switch out and reset the drop. Alakazam here could be Focus Sash here its up to preference but I really enjoy the added power of Life Orb so here it is.

I had a lot of fun building this team and I hope you guys enjoy it!

Last edited:

Gamer1234556

"Because... Scald is a shit Ferro answer!!!"
:hippowdon::clefable::forretress::latias::sableye::dragonite:
Sableye is a super underrated mon. Being able to blank Psy Focus Reuniclus is massive in a meta where Reuniclus is becoming more oppressive than before. It's also deceptively hard to switch into since Prankster + Wisp heavily dissuades Physical Attackers from swapping into it. I think Sableye should see more use on teams that struggle heavily into CM Reun since unlike other answers it completely shuts it down and isn't completely dead-weight into HO.

Oh and just a disclaimer, I didn't really test this team yet, I just built it a while ago since I thought the idea of Sub DD Nite + Heal Bell Clefable was a pretty cool proof of concept.

HYDRATIOS
Wsg BW nation, even tho im hosting alongside triple axel blaze, i decided to enter in this competition myself since I thought it would be fun to share teams in general. this week is focusing on dark types so I decided to bust out Hydreigon on a "Superman" style sand team, i hope you guys enjoy this little showing and sorry if my grammar/wording is awful in some areas, anyways besides all this.. lets get to business shall we?

1711060854319.png
: the main driver to this whole team, ttar is ttar, its a great check to Volc, Latios, Latias, Thund-T, and Alakazam. all of which scare hydreigon as well so ttar is great at checking those threats and opening up doors for hydreigon to breathe more effectively. nothing much i can say but other than that its just good ol ttar at the end of the day!

1711061061539.png
: the main star of the show, Hydra fell off hard but man dare I say that specs hydra is insanely underrated in current BW OU imo due to the coverage and stabs that this mon carries as well as the fact that Ttar's pursuit is useless against it unlike Latios meaning that it can just switch out after grabbing a ko, its decimates bulky sand teams like nothing else and Hydra can still grab a ko against rain teams due to them always carrying Ferro and most of their mons not being thrilled of having to switch into it at all, generally this mon is a wrecking ball of a pokemon despite its flaws and the fact that this mon also gives me a neat water/resistance against rain is the main reason why i decided to feature Hydreigon for this weak

1711061353070.png
: the second main star of the show(despite him not even being a dark type), he pairs really well with specs Hydreigon since Latios and Hydra share similar checks and thus they pair well with each other, the main reason why im using scarf Latios on this team over scarf hydra is the fact that scarf Latios outspeeds threats that scarf Hydra cant outspeed(scarf Keldeo, scarf Garchomp, scarf Mence, +2 Dnite, and even stuff like scarf Terrakion to name but a few) allowing me to run specs hydreigon alongside him, also gives me another valuable water/scald resistance as well as a neat fighting resistance on this team

: absurdly good revenge killer in any given MU and abuses spikes hard on this team, nice backup volc/dnite check as well incase if scarf Latios goes down, other than that tho, nothing else I could say tho sadly since zam is zam but generally its a great partner for both Hydreigon + Latios since all three wear down each other checks beautifully well

1711062111294.png
: Rotom gives me a really really good MU into rain(as this team doesnt have a good mu into it already!) but also this mon is arguably a really really good pivot on this team as it can get in one of the Lati/Zam + Hydreigon in safely to cause destruction, gives me yet another valuable water/scald resistances and spikes immunity as well as just being great at checking Mamo + Cloy

1711063067779.png
: my only steel type on this team and generally my main defensive backbone/spiker, rawst Ferro is used on this team so Ferro is much better into burns from mons like Rotom-Wash and Tentacruel, generally cant say much since its Ferro but other than that, Ferro is an excellent part to this team and fixes a lot of issues i would normally have without it!

Last edited:

dawn to the dusk

during the tough day
is a Contributor to Smogon
HonchKrow Conkeldurr
Hi guys dawn to the dusk here, the second time sharing the team and I've said will post something new. I really like drak type pokemon like Houndoom, Weavile and Bisharp in BW, and I tried to build but sometimes hard to use in sand balance or rain offense. So I try to thinking in a different way, build with a HO, and the dark tpye who suit HO well?Absolutly it's the Honchkrow.
Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower
125Atk 105SpA is definitely a nichy mixed attacker and combin with the ability moxie, dude u wont want it snowball and watching its amazing firepower clear all or 1 for 3. Taking HPIce for predicting Lando and as a attacker very rare not afraid of intimidation. Superpower is for tyran and ferrth, it can be used as a revenge killer, cleaner,also can be helpful to conke to clean. Simple enough that you only need mindless clicking moves and no need to calculate.
Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback
- Bulk Up
Not to much calculate about the evs, only max HP and full SpD for eating more psychc type move and Draco Meteor whatever under the screen or not. The last move can only be Payback cause when taking IcePunch u can not against slowbro and Jellicent, no need to much to say, just set up and use ur punch clear anything.
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn / Trick
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish
In actual combat, I feels like Jirachi doesn't use ut much and a lot of times you need a trick to control the court, so a trick is an option, but I still recommend keeping Jirachi's scarf as another final clearing and tipping point.
Cloyster @ White Herb / Liechi Berry
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard / Natural Gift
Another Pokemon that really needs to be under the wall to have a chance to strengthen the clearing, can often abandon the ice shard and replace it with the Nature Gift, by matching the berry to fight Jellicent and rotom-wash.
Some Replays
Replays - Pokémon Showdown! (pokemonshowdown.com)

OK that is all, thanks for reading guys, hope u enjoy the team!
Click img for the whole team

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
:Weavile: :Ferrothorn: :Politoed: :Tentacruel: :Keldeo: :Thundurus-Therian: https://pokepast.es/2c41597fa31c66d7 :Thundurus-Therian: :Keldeo: :Tentacruel: :Politoed: :Ferrothorn: :Weavile:

Eject Ferro into Weav on Rain is pretty cool. Protect ThundyT lives forever and baits awkward Lati / Alakazam sequences when paired with Pursuit, too. This team has similar pitfalls to normal Rain teams with Pursuit, but has a more direct way of applying that pressure at least.

Realistically I wanted to try Scrafty, but it only works on screens cheese that has already been made by people cooler than me. Defensive Dark types are super mid, too, but I applaud those trying it to better success than me.

with the type and his movepool zoroark is a great lurer for all the main checks/counters of Volc and Toxicroak. he can baitkill ttar, terrakion, heatran and at the same time deal with phisically defensive mons that are really annoying for toxicroak. the rest of the team is pretty standard for a weatherless we needed a spinner, a steel-type for dragonspam, the faster revengekiller and hazards so choices fell on Chomp, ScarfRachi and Starmie.

HonchKrow Conkeldurr
Hi guys dawn to the dusk here, the second time sharing the team and I've said will post something new. I really like drak type pokemon like Houndoom, Weavile and Bisharp in BW, and I tried to build but sometimes hard to use in sand balance or rain offense. So I try to thinking in a different way, build with a HO, and the dark tpye who suit HO well?Absolutly it's the Honchkrow.
Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower
125Atk 105SpA is definitely a nichy mixed attacker and combin with the ability moxie, dude u wont want it snowball and watching its amazing firepower clear all or 1 for 3. Taking HPIce for predicting Lando and as a attacker very rare not afraid of intimidation. Superpower is for tyran and ferrth, it can be used as a revenge killer, cleaner,also can be helpful to conke to clean. Simple enough that you only need mindless clicking moves and no need to calculate.
Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback
- Bulk Up
Not to much calculate about the evs, only max HP and full SpD for eating more psychc type move and Draco Meteor whatever under the screen or not. The last move can only be Payback cause when taking IcePunch u can not against slowbro and Jellicent, no need to much to say, just set up and use ur punch clear anything.
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn / Trick
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish
In actual combat, I feels like Jirachi doesn't use ut much and a lot of times you need a trick to control the court, so a trick is an option, but I still recommend keeping Jirachi's scarf as another final clearing and tipping point.
Cloyster @ White Herb / Liechi Berry
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard / Natural Gift
Another Pokemon that really needs to be under the wall to have a chance to strengthen the clearing, can often abandon the ice shard and replace it with the Nature Gift, by matching the berry to fight Jellicent and rotom-wash.
Some Replays

OK that is all, thanks for reading guys, hope u enjoy the team!
Click img for the whole team
rejected for beating me during tests!

Behold 3 dark types

:tyranitar: :bisharp: :starmie: :hydreigon: :landorus-therian: :latias:

https://pokepast.es/1a918b1faf542238

Careful tar because im not worried about 2hkoing reuni. Cheated some def to help it live shit like dnite and some speed to potentially get a superpower off on other tars. Definitely some room here to use a cooler tar set.

Rewer shared this bisharp set with our bwpl team last year. Sub really helps with sucker punch mind games and you can sub on ferro/rotom jelli wisps/idk other fat shit. Low kick is the best coverage move.

Mie helps with mamo, speed issues, spin is always nice and general offensive pressure.

Hydreigon is lo because damage. Its modest because damage. Draco and dark pulse because damage. 4 attack (earth power/focus blast/surf) might be better because damage. Hydreigon melting in sand is offset because you got hwish lati.

Lando what a guy. The rocky helmet chip is actually really nice on teams like this. For all of the hazard perverts out there think of it as a spike per contact wow. Can bring lando back with hwish as well. Dropped speed for some for bulk to help with no lefties.

Scarf lati is speed control and hwish gal. Psyshock for rain mu but theres probably a few different sets you could run.

Bonus old af CTC manual rain team I found and updated (i think i only changed the lati): https://pokepast.es/f978b90c6f70bd74

Quarante8

RoAPL Champion
:tyranitar: :ferrothorn: :heatran::landorus-therian: :hydreigon: :latios:
https://pokepast.es/a6eab6bbbac8f87d

Kinda old team i topped ladder with a while ago. Basically relies on hydreigon to be a decent pivot, while the rest of the team makes progress. Its especially good into cele/rotom/both structures, as it effortlessly switches into either while being threatening. You also threaten reuni just by existing, meaning its gonna struggle to get in.

:tyranitar: Tar is standard bulk for spdef mons, slide for thundy and volc which are overall hard to handle. Its tar, not much to say tbh. Be careful vs zam squads.

:ferrothorn: Ferro is just standard as well. Hydreigon will effortlessly switch into tom so u dont need to hide behind rawst berry. Knocking toed early on REALLY helps vs rain. Otherwise its business as usual for ferro, hazards up!

:heatran: Kinda glue of the team. High pressure mon that will also help a lot vs ho (dnite cloy zor rachi mainly). Double fire move for that reason, you get to choose between the hard hitter and sometimes needed mstorm and the safety of ft. +speed to not suck vs non+speed drill and dnite, cuz these two can be hard to handle otherwise.

:landorus-therian: As we are playing an offensive team, I picked up the scarfer that does it all. Get your intimidate ground and elec immunity hard hitting scarfer, in stores today! Its packing sd to give you a shot vs clef fat teams, that usually lack speed control, allowing you a sweet sd that will power through most of the clef structures, creating mindgames w uturn as well if they go to skarm or zong. Overall a much needed mon that will have a ton of work.

:hydreigon: I chose hydrei as a supportive mon rather than an offensive breaker : switch it into celes toms and ferroes, pivot freely to whatever u need to while maintaining the threat of dm and your non-existent dark move that will scare reuni and tios from coming in. Its slightly faster than the lando creep spreads, allowing you to maybe get the upper hand on thundy-T, tent or other lando creepers. Spread could be improved defensively, my goal was just to make it bulky (reached the lefties cap), fast and rest went in spa. Keep your moves hidden till you know you can capitalize on em. Dont hesitate to dm early to take chunks out of toms and tents.

:latios: Cant play some offensive team without a specs trick tios. Handle it with care, dont wna be suited by the sand spitting dinosaur obviously. You might have seen that the team struggles HARD against keld, this is mainly why tios is here. It could be colburr psyshock, but then you would struggle vs fat and I dont like that. Just be wary of keld and utilize your tios and ferro well to dodge disaster. Trick is almost never clicked but can be a major threat sometimes, so its always good to have.

Overall, its a solid team that will get you as far as a hydreigon team can go : not too far but well its still a hydreigon team LOL. Keldeo is a major issue but its honestly rough to patch it without making the team do nothing. Biggest issue is keld in sand, keld in rain can be handled quite easily by just being extremely agressive w tios and never allowing it in. Scarf keld prolly the worst mu of this team, but you still have ways to handle it with your set of water/fighting resists than can come in and force it out. Alternatively you can have a celebi on heatran, but the dnite volc cloy rachi matchup becomes hell, and id rather have to outplay a keldeo than a rachi lol.

Hope you have fun with this :D

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
:bw/houndoom: :bw/jirachi: :bw/kyurem-black: :bw/garchomp: :bw/latios: :bw/cloyster:
https://pokepast.es/34fea12fa001034b
Wasn't initially gonna submit this but fuck it, houndoom team.

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 56 Atk / 220 SpA / 232 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Dark Pulse
- Super Fang
- Sucker Punch

This set actually does some pretty helpful stuff. Overheat is chosen over fire blast for the ohko on Lando with rocks, altho hp ice + fire blast or flame is probably also fine. The real techs are moves 3 and 4. With dark fire stabs the most natural hound answers are going to be Tar and Heatran, however both of these mons have no recovery and value staying at health very highly. Super Fang abuses this and allows partners such as the cm Jira and Latios to get past them easily to clean house. Sucker is a highly useful option against the psychics, with the given spread and life orb you always ohko Latios and Starmie after rocks. The utility of bringing Zam to its sash or just dropping it if orb is also very nice for ho. Houndoom also has some great entry points vs the spikers and steel type rockers which let's you switch in early to get the offense started.

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

Jira is freed from rocking duties thanks to Garchomp, so I elected to go for a cm shuca set to both shore up some matchups like Mamo while taking advantage of Houndooms breaking. Icy wind would be nice here but you need the other 3 moves unfortunately, and double prio shores you up vs the dragons anyway.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Not much to say we all know what this Chomp does, very reliable rocker and can snag a kill or two if the opponent isn't careful. Dclaw > outrage for the potential utility of attacking first and still having a turn to get rocks, but outrage is obviously fine.

Kyurem-Black @ Power Herb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Def / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute

Broken blubird set. Lead this guy vs rain and he can easily rip through ferro and probably another mon with ease. Freeze shock is such a stupidly strong button it near guarantees a kill if you can get this guy in safely. Priority sucks and all that but this set easily carries its weight, especially vs rain.

Cloyster @ Never-Melt Ice
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Cloys here for a few reasons, but mainly just as an extra tool to bust down those fat sands. He appreciates Hound entering on Ferro and suckering scarf Lati, while the rest of the team appreciates ice shard and the general cleaning power of Cloy.

Latios (M) @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Recover

Finally we have the best mon in the tier. Lati was very much needed for mons like Keldeo and Breloom here defensively. Offensively with dragon fang it's got plenty of power to clean up or break through teams depending on the matchup. Can't say enough good about or anything you haven't heard before, it's big Latios.

Monai :3

1711395044980.png1711395671052.png1711397342750.png1711398562533.png1711394655915.png
1711394698213.png

A pretty decent team here with Bisharp as the dark type mon. https://pokepast.es/0738b377bb2a6b64

1711395044980.png
Bisharp here is a great mon as it can set up on ferro and other spikes setters who lack EQ this means that Starmie will have a much easier time spinning without the fear of interference. It also stops the opponents Starmie from spinning and can again set up if they decide to switch out. Substitute here is to compensate for its lack of speed against mons which it cannot kill with a boosted sucker punch, it also helps for easing predictions and status moves. Low kick is for doing a lot of dmg against mons where sucker punch won't kill and ohkos major picks for rain, HO and sand at +2 such as ferro, kyu-b and t-tar.

1711395671052.png
Just its name strikes fear into many teams, Keldeo. Keldeo is a vital pokemon to this team, it checks many defensive fighting types which could live Bisharp's sucker punch/ low kick after being boosted by SD. CM is allows it to live a specs/scarf draco from Latios and a psychic from sashed Alakazam while hitting back with hp ghost. It is a major threat to sand teams in general and is one of the only reasons this team doesn't have a bad mu into hippo/stall sands. CM also allows it to fish switches from Tentacruel, Amoonguss, Jellicent and the like which it can then weaken by a CM boosted attack doing around 60% hp to Tenta in rain. The three previously mentioned could stop Bisharp's offensive capabilities easily in the early stages.

1711397342750.png
Garchomp is another vital option to the team as it is the teams stealth rock user. From my testing of Bisharp I have realised that Bisharp does especially well with highly offensive Stealth rockers which Garchomp is a prime example of. Garchomp is also a highly effective offensive ground type which allows it to check many mons which could threaten Bisharp's offense. It also forces out defensive steels early which allows the other mons in this team to sweep such as Bisharp for ferro and thundy for skarm. The actual set is a staple of BW ou so the EVs and set do not have to be explained.

1711398585479.png
Starmie here is a very reliable offensive spinner which a forces out Jellicent and other mons which it can weaken with Ice beam and Thunder that could potentially put a halt to Bisharp's offensive capabilities. Thunder on Starmie also allows it to threaten many mons on rain and switch into certain Keldeo sets. It can also counter some lead sr sets by leading into an them instead of chomp.

1711394655915.pngNow Dragonite who doesn't love Dragonite. It can sweep after setting up on many spatking mons which stopped Keldeo or Bisharp, it also gives a much better mu into sun teams along with the other mons in this team. It can sweep many rain teams by the whole stopping at Ferrothorn if not weakened which again allows Thundy or Bisharp to finish the sweep. Having Starmie as the spinner and Bisharp as a looming threat means that teams will often not get to keep their sr and spikes on the field. This allows Dragonite to sweep very well.

1711394698213.pngThundrus-T is a great check to many mons that threaten the rest of the team and help a lot into rain and HO. Agility with Sitrus allows it to sweep entire teams. It also can switch in on skarm and other mons which it can ohko and are fished in by the rest of the team. Sitrus also means it can attempt a sweep even after losing a considerable amount of hp.

This is a team based off fishing in checks for a specific mon and using the other mons to counter sweep after setting up/beating the check. The multiple offensive mons also mean certain checks are not switched in for fear of being swept and checks often get chipped for considerable amounts of hp. This team also has multiple speed checks in the form of priority moves and the treat of sweepers which stop the many fast mons from decimating the team.

If you can't be bothered to read all of that just try the team out it'll be fun trust. :totodiLUL:

Last edited:
Alot of teams submitted for our first week surprisingly but nonetheless. Thank you to everyone who submitted for our first week. Its now time to vote!

Team 1: :hippowdon::forretress::heatran::hydreigon::latios::alakazam:by IUPLC
Team 2: :Keldeo::Politoed::Spiritomb::Ferrothorn::Garchomp::Landorus-Therian:by LuckOverSkill
Team 3: :Krookodile::Tyranitar::Excadrill::Skarmory::Celebi::Keldeo:by Knight of Cydonia
Team 4: :Druddigon::Accelgor::Zoroark::Excadrill::Volcarona::Hydreigon:by perejil12345
Team 5: :Abomasnow::Mandibuzz::Rotom-Wash::Mamoswine::Jirachi::Starmie:by magialice
Team 6: :Sharpedo::Latios::Politoed::Ferrothorn::Thundurus-Therian::Tentacruel:by BLJ mario
Team 7: :Conkeldurr::Garchomp::Sharpedo::Scizor::Skarmory::Latias:by Monai
Team 8: :Abomasnow::Skarmory::Jellicent::Krookodile::Alakazam::Latios:by triple axel blaze
Team 9: :Hippowdon::Clefable::Forretress::Latias::Sableye::Dragonite:by Gamer1234556
Team 10: :Tyranitar::Hydreigon::Latios::Alakazam::Ferrothorn::Rotom-Wash:by ImZer0
Team 11: :honchkrow::conkeldurr::aerodactyl::jirachi::latias::cloyster:by dawn to the dusk
Team 12: :Weavile::Ferrothorn::politoed::tentacruel::keldeo::thundurus-therian:by Finchinator
Team 13: :garchomp::jirachi::starmie::toxicroak::volcarona::zoroark:by inaho
Team 14: :tyranitar::bisharp::starmie::hydreigon::landorus-therian::latias:by mad dawg
Team 15:
:tyranitar::ferrothorn::heatran::landorus-therian::hydreigon::latios:by Quarante8
Team 16:
:houndoom::jirachi::kyurem-black::garchomp::latios::cloyster:by Colteor
Team 17:
:bisharp::keldeo::garchomp::starmie::dragonite::thundurus-therian:by Silexius

Voting ends in a week!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)