BW Anything Goes General Discussion

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
approved by Jellicent
Some of OP stolen from Chloe.

Gen 5 Anything Goes Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Generation 5 Anything Goes discussion thread! Since Gen 5 AG is the chosen meta to receive a ladder of the RoA monthly ladder, this will be the thread to discuss meta trends and strategies while playing on the ladder. Here is a general rundown of the meta:

What is Anything Goes?
Anything Goes (AG) is a 6v6 singles metagame that has the fewest restrictions found in any of Smogon's formats. Every Pokémon from all tiers are allowed, and because the Species Clause is lifted, you can have up to six of the same Pokémon on your team. In fact, all clauses besides Endless Battle are gone, so strategies that are generally deemed unsportsmanlike such as Moody and Swagger are completely usable here.

Banlist
Anything that would not be obtainable through legitimate methods.
Anything that deters battles of a fair length. This Endless Battle Clause has been modified for the AG metagame to allow a bit more freedom:
  • Leppa Berry + Recycle / Harvest
  • Leppa Berry + Assist (Recycle) / Trace (Harvest)
  • Leppa Berry + Trick / Switcheroo / Bestow
  • Leppa Berry + Fling
  • You cannot have more than one Kyurem-Black/Kyurem-White.

I have played this metagame quite a bit, and even won a tournament of it hosted in the Anything Goes room.

Under infinite sunlight, Choice Band Ho-Oh has been incinerating everything in its path so far. It was a positive feeling to be reminded of just how insanely overpowered infinite weather was in Generation V.

The ladder is actually awful, but with a current and rising ladder record of 58 to 1 (1 loss to pigeons after he haxed me to shit) and the highest gxe and elo, i can say darkrai is stupidly OP, and ekiller isn't bad either.
Here's the formula for an insanely good team: ekiller, darkrai, checks for ekiller and darkrai, possibly more ekillers and darkrais, and something to stop rain offence.

Here's my team:

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Sleep Talk
- Recover

Darkrai @ Leftovers
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse

Darkrai @ Leftovers
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Substitute
- Double Team
- Dark Pulse

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Force

Groudon @ Lum Berry
Ability: Drought
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Sleep Talk

the team explained:
giratina is my ekiller counter, donner also checks it whilst helping my matchup vs rain teams and setting rocks. Steelceus is my attempt at a darkrai counter, and ekiller and darkrai are obviously my offensive win cons/sweepers. I then have another darkrai, purely because it's OP as shit. this can be swapped for ekiller if you feel that it may work better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)