SS Doubles OU Bulky Trick Room Doubles SS OU Team

Greetings, I'm kinda new to Smogon forums and competitive but I was able to try out this team a lot and tweaked it based on what I found. Based on what I've run into, I'd say it's a pretty decent team.

Reuniclus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Light Screen

In my experience, Reuniclus is a pretty decent lead. The Reuniclus set I have is mainly focused on bulk since it's main role on the team is setting up Trick Room and maybe set up a Light Screen to deal with offensive Special Attackers. I gave it a hindering speed nature and 0 IVs in speed to be as slow as I can make it so it can benefit tremendously from Trick Room. I have Focus Blast to deal with any dark or steel types (specifically Hydreigon+Tailwind and Duraludon). Psychic is there as a STAB move to deal some good damage against Falinks, Grappoloct, and the occasional Toxtricity.

Weavile (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Night Slash
- Protect
- Ice Punch

Weavile is here to help Reuniclus set up Trick Room with Fake Out while also dealing with the bane of my existence: Follow Me Indeedee. Testing out this team, I have run into so many Indeedees that run Follow Me (rightfully so because it's a pretty great strategy). I wanted to have a Pokemon that could quickly get rid of it so I don't need to worry about it, resulting in giving Weavile Night Slash. That's also another reason I have it fully invested in Speed so that I can be sure it will get the first hit against an Indeedee that sets up Follow me. I have Ice Punch as another STAB move that I mainly use to deal with Whimsicott.

Mudsdale (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Body Press
- Rock Slide

Mudsdale is here as my main Trick Room sweeper. Full investment in defense plus Stamina allows Mudsdale to tank a lot of hits from offensive threats. STAB Earthquake helps me deal with Tyranitar+Excadrill duos, I have Heavy Slam to deal with fairy types like Hatterene and Togekiss, Body Press also deals with Tyranitar some more and also helps against Duraludon. I chose Rock Slide over protect because I wanted Mudsdale to be bulky and do a lot of damage so Rock Slide is there to deal with flying types.

Gastrodon (Gastrodon-East) (M) @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Protect
- Recover

I have Gastrodon as coverage, bulk, and a Trick Room special sweeper. Gastrodon has a good amount of resistances so I liked how it fit with this bulky team. Ice Beam deals with dragons like Dragapult, other Trick Room Mudsdales, and some Tailwind setters like Braviary and Whimsicott. Scald deals with Arcanine and Heat Rotom. I like the idea of having Recover on Gastrodon so that it can stay in play for longer to deal more damage. Storm Drain is also very helpful going against raint teams to absorb water moves that only make Gastrodon stronger.

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

I'm a bit iffy about this Rotom, but it's worked well for me during most of my matches. I have Rotom on this team to inflict burns and deal great damage against Pelipper on the few rain teams I've run into, Gyarados, and Corviknight. Overheat also helps deal a good amount of neutral damage on non-defense invested sweepers and dealing with ice and steel types. I've considered switching Heat Rotom with either Wash or Mow Rotom but Mudsdale and Gastrodon are already both weak to grass (that would be 3 Pokemon weak to grass with Wash Rotom) and Heat Rotom has more resistances than Mow Rotom (and not to mention grass type moves are resisted by a lot of other types).

Arcanine (M) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Protect

Honestly, Arcanine is the one I'm most hesitant about, but he has proven to be very reliable. Arcanine's role on the team is the safety speed for when Trick Room isn't up and Reuniclus had fainted or isn't able to set up Trick Room. Flare Blitz is there for STAB on Corviknight, Close Combat is there to deal a good amount of damage against Tyranitar and Excadrill, and Iron Head is there because I kind of wanted more coverage for Tyranitar and Excadrill since they could outspeed Arcanine with Sand Rush+Sand Stream. Now writing this, my Arcanine just seems like a discount version of my Mudsdale. I guess I mainly put it on this team because it's shown the best results out of all the other fast Pokemon I had previously filled the role with.

Using this team in Doubles OU has been very fun, but I feel like I could make a lot of improvements. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated and I'd definitely enjoy trying any new things out. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)