ORAS OU Bulky offense team, looking for some advice on it

pikacu221's (.Yusuf.'s) Bulky offense team

Introduction

Hey! welcome to my RMT! Thanks for taking the time to read this, I really appreciate. This team has been working pretty well for me, and has gotten me to 1404 GXE. however, I want more insight on it, as it would help my team a lot. Thanks again!

In-Depth

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 4 Atk | 252 SpAtk | 252 Spe
Moves: Protect | Moonblast | Diamond Storm | Earth Power

For my mega evolution, I chose Mega Diancie. This is because I needed a strong sweeper for my team, as well as a dragon immunity and Flying and Fire resistances. Also, it works well with my other sweepers and breakers, Manaphy and Breloom, as it packs resistances to types they are weak to, specifically a flying and fire resist for breloom. It also works well offensively with them, as they can eliminate Diancie's threats, such as steel types, and Diancie can get rid of certain walls, such as Unaware Clefable. EVs are to maximize speed and attacking stats, specifically special attack. Protect let's it safely mega evolve as well as scout. Moon blast is primary stab, and diamond storm and earth power offer great coverage in tandem with moonblast.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SpAtk | 252 Spe
Moves: Tail Glow | Scald | Ice beam | Energy Ball

Manaphy is my secondary sweeper, which relies on set up instead. Defensively, it creates a core with diancie and breloom. This is because it takes the dangerous steel type moves that threaten Diancie, as well as water type moves, and Breloom takes the electric and grass moves that threaten manaphy. Offensively, manaphy can help defeat the things that wall diancie, such as skarmory and heatran, and can get rid of threats such as Hippowdon, which would otherwise threaten the team. The evs are used to maximize both speed and power, and the rest of the EVs are used to marginally increase overall bulk. Tail glow is its set up moves, and allows it to break and sweep things it normally wouldnt be able to. Scald+ice beam+energy ball all offer excellent coverage with each other. Scald is also nice to score burns to help tank physical hits a bit better.

Breloom @ Life Orb .
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
Moves: spore | swords dance | Bullet seed | Mach Punch

Breloom is the final part to my core. I chose it because I needed a physical sweeper that could deal with special walls such as Chansey, which would otherwise threaten my team. Defensively, it offers valuable resistances to my team, as it helps alleviate Diancie's ground weakness, and covers both of Manaphy's weaknesses, electric and grass. Offensively, it can defeat common water type walls, such as rotom wash and Suicune. also, it covers the team's offensive weaknesses effectively. The evs are used to, again, maximize attack and speed. I chose jolly nature in order to speed tie with jolly bisharp, which is a big threat to my team. Spore can be used to cripple would be checks to breloom and other teammates. Swords dance boosts brelooms attack to sky high levels, and allows it to KO things it couldnt before. Bullet seed and mach punch are the main stab stab moves that breloom uses.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk | 32 SpAtk | 224 Spe
Moves: Outrage | Ice beam | Iron head | Fusion Bolt

I chose to use scarf Kyurem-B because i desperately needed speed control, as a lot of things can outspeed this team, such as Mega lopunny and weavile. Also, i chose choice scarf because a lot of teams dont expect it, meaning it can punch holes in a lot of teams. Kyurem-B functions as one of my main wall breakers. Outrage is its main stab, and is easily spammable if fairy types are gone. Ice beam is its secondary stab move. Iron head allows it to destroy fairy types on the switch in, and fusion bolt offers good coverage and power in general. The evs are used to maximize its attack while also investing in special attack in order to make ice beam stronger. finally, the rest of the evs are dumped into speed to make it as fast as possible.

Hoopa-U @ Choice Specs .
Ability: Magician
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP | 252 Special attack | 4 Spe
Moves: Dark Pulse | Psyshock | Focus blast | Energy Ball

Hoopa is rather self explanatory. It functions as my other main wall breaker, as a specially inclined one. specs Hoopa is arguably the best wall breaker in OU, and that's for a reason. Hoopa lets me destroy stall teams, and helps me break through special walls. Often times, hoopa will get rid of at least one mon on the other team, and helps me deal with other BO teams well.

Clefable @ Leftovers .
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP | 4 Def | 252 SpDef
Moves: Stealth Rock | Soft Boiled | MoonBlast | Fire Blast

My team needed a stealth rock setter, so i chose clefable. it provides valuable support with stealth rock, and helps me absorb special attacks. It acts as a glue for my team, helping to patch up weaknesses. I chose to go specially defensive as a lot of my team is weak to special attacks. Soft boiled gives it a form of recovery. Moonblast is its stab move of choice, and fire blast allows it to hit incoming steel types, such as scizor and ferrothorn. The evs are used to maximize bulk, specifically special bulk.

Importable
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Breloom @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Breloom @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast

I don't see much wrong with this team. Honestly, it's pretty good and has potential to ladder pretty high, but I can help tweak the EVs.

1. I think you should run 32 attack EVs and 224 special attack EVs. It helps it do more damage to bulky pokemon such as chansey, zapdos and specially defensive clefable.

2. I would run max speed jolly on hoopa-u, because it gives the thing more freedom with wallbreaking. It can outspeed things like 32 speed excadrill (just an example) and pretty much garontees that you outrun all walls.

3. I suggest that you have a healthy mix of defense and special defense EVs on your clefable. The 252 EVs in special defense are a bit unnecisary and defense EVs give it more freedom to switch in.

Over all this is a great team. Heres what it should look like after the edits: http://pastebin.com/C9iz9Wdj

I don't see much wrong with this team. Honestly, it's pretty good and has potential to ladder pretty high, but I can help tweak the EVs.

1. I think you should run 32 attack EVs and 224 special attack EVs. It helps it do more damage to bulky pokemon such as chansey, zapdos and specially defensive clefable.

2. I would run max speed jolly on hoopa-u, because it gives the thing more freedom with wallbreaking. It can outspeed things like 32 speed excadrill (just an example) and pretty much garontees that you outrun all walls.

3. I suggest that you have a healthy mix of defense and special defense EVs on your clefable. The 252 EVs in special defense are a bit unnecisary and defense EVs give it more freedom to switch in.

Over all this is a great team. Heres what it should look like after the edits: http://pastebin.com/C9iz9Wdj
yeah, i found out why i should run max speed timid on hoopa after i failed to outspeed a -1 spe Victini
which made me lose the match ;-;

yeah-those ev changes on clefable really helped lol. I can switch in a lot more than i realized i could :o

thank you for the input!

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello .Yusuf., very nice team you has here, I really like the vastness of wallbreakers that you have, beating almost all the metagame.

First of all, i noticed you need an Hazard remover and a Keldeo counter, i'd suggest you to use Latios> Hoopa , it helps to deal better with Keldeo and Breloom, and provides Defog. I would suggest this set: Draco meteor/ Roost / Defog / Psyschock with a Timid nature. I suggest this spread:252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 spe with Life Orb, also i suggest to put 29 Iv HP for take less damage from Life Orb recoil. Another option is: Hidden power fire > Roost, helps to deal better with Scizor and Ferrothorn.

At this point,
since you lack a Latios switch in, i suggest you to use this spread on Clefable: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD, this spread allows Clefable to take 3HKO by Latios's Psyschock, Mega Alakazam's Psychic, mega Manectric's Thunderbolt, Thundurus's Thunderbolt; the set is: Calm Mind / MoonBlast / Stealth Rock / Soft Boiled.

Now that we've covered the most difficult threats to deal with , I would suggest to use Rain dance Manaphy > ice beam Manaphy, Rain Dance it is a really good move, especially against stalling teams, the rain also increases the force of Scald, and care manaphy by status.

Finally, i'd suggest you to use Focus Punch > Swords dance on Breloom, focus punch helps to deal better with Ferrothorn, Which makes struggle Diancie and Manaphy. Also Focus Punch + Mach Punch allows Breloom to beat easily Tornadus-Therian.
Another option is to run: Rock Tomb+ Sash,very useful to dela better with talonflame, Mega Pinsir, Tornadus-Therian.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost / Hidden Power fire
- Draco Meteor

Breloom @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Rock Tomb / Focus Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Energy Ball
- Scald

Hope i've helped. ^^

You team is good, but should put AV Kyurem-b, it is better in bulky offense team with 224 atk, 248 hp, 16 in speed and spdef. Sash is breloom it is a more viable option with defog latias or latios. Recommend using HP ice in hoopa to catch chomp, land-t, Gliscor and others.

Last edited:
hi! your team is extremely weak to sand builds, which has been increasing in popularity lately. it also completely lacks a switch in to fast electric types, being forced to attempt to revenge kill with kyurem-b. latios / strong fairies will also be a problem, and this stems from having no steel / ground type on the team. so, on to the rate. while breloom provides you a small cushion against sand builds, it is completely unable to switch in comfortably on excadrill, and instead just gives you an increased weakness to fairy types, as well as mega venusaur who walls half your team and can sludge bomb everything with very little repercussion. as a physical pokemon that still helps with sand, i would suggest that you try landorus-t, which gives you some breathing room to play around sand, gives you a more solid defensive backbone, as well as grab momentum through u-turn, which really helps you break teams with specs hoopa-u.
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 28 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

this set allows you to have stealth rock, as i am going to remove clefable from your team, as it is extremely redundant. 28 spdef lets you live LO draco from latios from full.

next, spdef skarmory over clefable helps you shore up your defensive core, as well as provide hazards for your team, which mega diancie appreciates, as standard offensive mega venusaur can be 2hko-ed with 1 layer of spikes + stealth rock. unfortunately, this set is losing popularity lately, but spikes is still extremely useful for wearing it down. skarmory also helps your team take fairy type attacks, as well as offer you a check to bisharp, weavile, azumarill, and other fairy types. clefable is completely redundant here, as it does not actually patch up your team's weaknesses, given that you are stacking the same type weaknesses over and over again.
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Bold Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Counter

leftovers is necessary here as you get worn down very very quickly by fairy type hits. EV spread hits a jump point in def and the rest is put into spdef to help skarmory check mega gardevoir better. counter helps you with azumarill.

on this team, i think my preference would heavily lean towards a physically invested mega diancie instead. this helps you break clefable, which can be extremely painful to face, as well as heavily weaken typical switch-ins to mega diancie. given your very large weakness to this pokemon (especially unaware variants which can wall manaphy as well), i think that investing in atk is the better choice. it also works better in overloading counters for kyurem-b to clean up. physically bulky switch-ins tend to have problems handling manaphy so you are covered in that spectrum as well. hp fire is the more logical choice here as diamond storm already does a lot to heatran, and your team appreciates the removal of ferrothorn / scizor.
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power Fire
- Diamond Storm

Hoopa-U appreciates being able to actually outspeed stuff, and would rather run max spA/spe. a possibility is to invest in some def to apparently live pursuit ttar/hoopa-u in the analysis but i think the loss in wallbreaking prowess is not really desirable even if it's something like 50 EVs. you could try Thunderbolt over Energy Ball to heavily weaken water types like azumarill, and hopefully keldeo.

a small EV spread change on kyurem-b to max spe instead of 32 spA as terrible players sometimes just EV Charizard-X and Volcarona to barely outpace scarf lando-t, which happens to hit the exact same speed number that kyurem-b hits. it is unlikely to make a difference but just in case, 32 spa doesnt get you any extra kills anyway.

other possible variations include double dance lando-t + stealth rock / defog skarmory to help with offensive builds but i think that skarmory is extremely pushed for moveslots in this role as it has to take on multiple threats.

with these changes, your team will still be slightly weak to keldeo and serperior, so you could try passho berry lando-t if you are really having too many problems with scarf keldeo (specs can be revenged with mega diancie so it isn't as bad (still terrible to face)), but manaphy can take a hit, and hoopa-u can take a scald. best wishes.

yo nice bulky offense i will make my changes help with bulky offense.

Ok first thing I noticed is that your team is weak to Sand. Mons like excadrill can really put alot of pressure on your team. Next thing I see your team weak too is volt turn. Mons like manetric-mega/raikou can really threaten your team as your main switch in is kyurem-mega and espeically if they have hazards up as you will get widdled really fast. This is why I suggest hippowdown>clefable. Hippowdown can still get up rocks while stopping physical attackers like excadrill/zard x/lopunny-mega/jirachi. This also helps versus volt turn core as u stop the volt switch from mons like raikou/manetric-mega. Hippowdown also helps versus bird spam so pokemon like talonflame are easier to deal with.

Next up I noticed a weakness for grass types like breeloom/serperior. Serperior can plow threw the team by spamming leaf storm as you dont have a solid switch in. Another weakness I noticed was Keldeo. Keldeo can 2ko everything on the team esepically if its specs as it grabs a kill each time it comes in. I also noticed a weakness to fairy types. Things like dianice-mega can also trouble ur team as you dont have a resist to fairy. This is why i suggest you run ammongous>breeloom. Ammongous can deal with the grass types like breeloom and serperior as you can hit them with a super effective poison move. Ammongous can also handle keldeo as you resist both of keldeo's stab. Ammongous can also deal with fairy types like dianice-mega as you are part posion type so you resist the fairy attack. You can still fire off spores like breeloom did to put stuff too sleep and have an easier time abusing those sleep turns.

Another thing you can consider is changing Hidden Power>Earth Power on diancie. Earth Power is used to hit fire types like heatran. But you already have a water to Set up/Take on heatran. Other steel types like scizor-mega and ferrothorn give you problems as you dont really have a solid way to get rid of them. Having hidden power fire to get rid of ferrothron and scizor-mega open up for kyurem-black and your manaphy.

Another thing you can consider is too run keldeo>manaphy as this will help you with dark types in bisharp/mega-gyrados/weavile while still acting as a bulky water too check fire types like heatran. But I think if I change keldeo>manaphy I would be changing too much on your team so its just something you can consider.

Another thing i noticed is that you have energy ball on hoopa. I think if you change energy ball to trick it will benefit the team alot. Energy ball isnt really needed as you already do enough damage with dark pulse and psyshock. Running trick allows you to trade your item with your oppoents forcing them to be choice locked. This can stop set up sweepers like calm mind users and can let you to remove their item to benefit your team. For example you can take a scarf allowing other memebers on your team to outspeed and making your hoopa faster. You should also make hoopa max speed instead of max hp. You are a wallbreaker you are not ment to take hits. You are ment to kill stuff so you should hit as hard and be as fast as possible
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Replays: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-347067768 heres a replay of hippowdown helping versus bird spam
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-347070024 ammongous helping versus fairy (mega altaria) and water types (starmie)

Last edited:
yo nice bulky offense i will make my changes help with bulky offense.

Ok first thing I noticed is that your team is weak to Sand. Mons like excadrill can really put alot of pressure on your team. Next thing I see your team weak too is volt turn. Mons like manetric-mega/raikou can really threaten your team as your main switch in is kyurem-mega and espeically if they have hazards up as you will get widdled really fast. This is why I suggest hippowdown>clefable. Hippowdown can still get up rocks while stopping physical attackers like excadrill/zard x/lopunny-mega/jirachi. This also helps versus volt turn core as u stop the volt switch from mons like raikou/manetric-mega. Hippowdown also helps versus bird spam so pokemon like talonflame are easier to deal with.

Next up I noticed a weakness for grass types like breeloom/serperior. Serperior can plow threw the team by spamming leaf storm as you dont have a solid switch in. Another weakness I noticed was Keldeo. Keldeo can 2ko everything on the team esepically if its specs as it grabs a kill each time it comes in. I also noticed a weakness to fairy types. Things like dianice-mega can also trouble ur team as you dont have a resist to fairy. This is why i suggest you run ammongous>breeloom. Ammongous can deal with the grass types like breeloom and serperior as you can hit them with a super effective poison move. Ammongous can also handle keldeo as you resist both of keldeo's stab. Ammongous can also deal with fairy types like dianice-mega as you are part posion type so you resist the fairy attack. You can still fire off spores like breeloom did to put stuff too sleep and have an easier time abusing those sleep turns.

Another thing you can consider is changing Hidden Power>Earth Power on diancie. Earth Power is used to hit fire types like heatran. But you already have a water to Set up/Take on heatran. Other steel types like scizor-mega and ferrothorn give you problems as you dont really have a solid way to get rid of them. Having hidden power fire to get rid of ferrothron and scizor-mega open up for kyurem-black and your manaphy.

Another thing you can consider is too run keldeo>manaphy as this will help you with dark types in bisharp/mega-gyrados/weavile while still acting as a bulky water too check fire types like heatran. But I think if I change keldeo>manaphy I would be changing too much on your team so its just something you can consider.

Another thing i noticed is that you have energy ball on hoopa. I think if you change energy ball to trick it will benefit the team alot. Energy ball isnt really needed as you already do enough damage with dark pulse and psyshock. Running trick allows you to trade your item with your oppoents forcing them to be choice locked. This can stop set up sweepers like calm mind users and can let you to remove their item to benefit your team. For example you can take a scarf allowing other memebers on your team to outspeed and making your hoopa faster. You should also make hoopa max speed instead of max hp. You are a wallbreaker you are not ment to take hits. You are ment to kill stuff so you should hit as hard and be as fast as possible
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Replays: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-347067768 heres a replay of hippowdown helping versus bird spam
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-347070024 ammongous helping versus fairy (mega altaria) and water types (starmie)
Thank you so much! Hippowdon has been working quite well actually, and amoonguss definitely helped.
if i keep manaphy, will that be too big of a problem? I really like manaphy lol
Also, mega venusaur has been troubling my team a lot. what can i do to help against it?

Thanks a lot, i really appreciate it!

Thank you so much! Hippowdon has been working quite well actually, and amoonguss definitely helped.
if i keep manaphy, will that be too big of a problem? I really like manaphy lol
Also, mega venusaur has been troubling my team a lot. what can i do to help against it?

Thanks a lot, i really appreciate it!
if you wanna keep manaphy you will be alot weaker to dark types like weavile.

Ahh so u've been struggling with mega ven? i assumed that mega ven was just a free switch for ur hoopa/kyurem and then u just grab a kill with them since they hit so hard (mainly hoopa). uhh since you wanna keep manaphy and ur weak to venusaur try using psychic over energy ball on manaphy to let u hit venusaur for super effective damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)