Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iguana

formerly mc56556
Hey, all, I think I've discovered a bug in Gen 8 Anything Goes in the Teambuilder Validator (not National Dex Anything goes, but Galar Dex). When I try and validate a team with regular, non Mega Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent, the validator is telling me that Rayquaza-Mega doesn't exist in Gen 8, despite it not being Rayquaza-Mega that I'm using. Thanks in advance for the help!

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Kris / The Immortal

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really relevant any more, but if you add a Pokemon in the Battle Stadium Doubles format, it will automatically be set to level 100.
1603546713332.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, since the format is no longer on Showdown, it simply defaults to level 100 (DaWoblefet)

Dragon energy doesn't show the exact BP like how eruption/water spout does. They all are same just have a type differential.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

1603557660997.png

Soul dew is legal for VGC, but it is showing up as illegal on the builder. It can be found in game (Stow-on-Side), and isn't banned by the ruleset

BUG STATUS: FIXED by The Immortal

Neither items (Weakness policy should have been proked when heatran used heat wave) nor abilities (Stakataka did not get defense boost when it KOed my opponent's heatran with body press it did not get it's beast boost)

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, I have no idea what this means. Do you have a replay? (DaWoblefet)

Berserk does not activate on showdown before sitrus berry activates, meaning if you go below 50 the sitrus heals above 50 you do not get the berserk boost currently

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Even when revealed, Urshifu's hover sprite under the battler name doesn't update to reveal which forme it is. Furthermore, when KOed, it doesn't gray out, instead only updating to show the HP of whichever Urshifu forme it was revealed to be being at 0%.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
Doing a /dt search for literally anything (doesn’t have to be something that can normally be searched for) with the format “,roulettemons” added on will result in a crash message being displayed to the user and the command being sent a second time in chat. Broadcasting this will show the crash message to everyone.

E701F984-DCF2-4446-AC0B-C2395B24779A.jpeg

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mia

I've gotten frozen in just about every battle where ice beam was involved since the dlc came out. Here's one battle: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1208940609-xmlts8viogeexsz2as0bbd3u5plaab3pw
just this one battle isnt enough, i didnt think to save my past battles cuz i though maybe i was unlucky.
but Im not even exaggerating. Sure it just sounds like im salty that the rng isnt in my favor. But dude, ive been frozen so many times, there has to be something off. was the frozen likely hood changed somehow after you guys added that new psychic move that freezes people?

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, nothing's changed with the battle RNG or Ice Beam; you're just getting unlucky (DaWoblefet)

Hi uh first time posting here, here goes:

When doing /dt As One, it redirects to phione, and doesn't actually show what the ability As One does.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to any chatroom
2. Type /dt As One
3. Note that it doesn't actually show what As One does, but redirects to phione.
Borked As One.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, setting "As One" to default to either As One variant will cause issues with the other As One. (DaWoblefet)

I see a few posts above me saying As One is fixed with Trace and can't copy it, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1209697577

[The opposing Porygon2's Trace]
[The opposing Porygon2's As One (Spectrier)]
The opposing Porygon2 traced Calyrex's As One (Spectrier)!
(Calyrex's Dynamax!)

Calyrex used Max Darkness!
(The opposing Porygon2 lost 41% of its health!)
The opposing Porygon2's Sp. Def fell!

The opposing Porygon2 used Toxic!
Calyrex avoided the attack!

Calyrex restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Still very messed up rn

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

Attachments

Hi there, I have found that in VGC2021 Double, the negative status caused by Slow Start -- the ability of Regigigas would not be removed after switching Weezing-G with Neutralizing Gas to the battle. However, on Nintendo Switch, this negative status will be removed after I put Weezing into the battle, although I put Regigigas and another pokemon for the first turn and Regigigas got the negative status by Slow Start at that moment.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Kris / The Immortal

There a bug on showdown with Regidrago. Even if your hp may be low, such as 63 percent, it's move Dragon Energy which is an hp type move, meaning it does more damage the more hp it has, does 150 damge all the time. I have won 3 battles because of this bug, even when it should have done less damge it did the whole 150 allowing me to win.
I request you look into this bug and fix it becasue it breaks the game.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

Attachments

didls

formerly Besom
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8hackmonscup-1210155438

In this replay, Eerie Spell was always "not very effective" against a Poison type (Ivysaur).

2020-10-26 16.37.28.jpg

And yes, this is a Hackmons battle, but all type effectiveness remained the same because no Pokémon's types were changed (Ivysaur's ability is Stamina and Shiinotic's was Anticipation, so it wasn't an ability.)

I'm also salty bc if this is a bug it caused me to lose the finals of a tounament >:(

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, when you decide to add Shared Power and Scalemons to a hackmons cup game, not sure what you expect to happen (DaWoblefet)

Hello,

There are two specific functions of Dynamax in-game that currently do not match on Pokemon Showdown.

One: In Sword & Shield, when a Dynamaxed pokemon has knocked the opposing mon on the final turn of Dynamax, normally the Dynamaxed pokemon does not revert to it's base form until the opponent sends out his/her pokemon. Currently, on Pokemon Showdown, the mon in Dynamax form changes back to normal before the opponent sends out theirs.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) this is relevant in niche scenarios with Dynamax regression revealing Speed tiers or certain hazard interactions (DaWoblefet)

Two: When a Dynamaxed pokemon knocks out the last of the opponent's pokemon and wins the game, it usually changes back to normal before the battle is over. Currently, on Pokemon Showdown, the winning Dynamax mon stays as dynamaxed/gigantamaxed.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) this one is properly irrelevant (DaWoblefet)

These aren't really bugs but they are aspects of a mechanic that currently do not align with Pokemon Showdown! so I thought I'd drop it here (with the green light from Kris).

Thank you.

I believe I've encountered a bug with move PP. Drampa uses Draco Meteor 4 times (once against Pressure Spiritomb) so it should have 3 PP remaining. That's what the tooltip displays, but the move had 0 PP in the battle. The button was greyed out and unclickable. Drampa used Max Wyrmwind 3 times, so perhaps the max move's PP were taken from Draco Meteor?

Replay

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, the tooltip doesn't know that you weren't using Max Wyrmwind based on some other Dragon-type move, so it doesn't deduct the PP from Draco Meteor. Certainly the opponent shouldn't know that. (DaWoblefet)

In VGC 2021, once "Slow Start" of Regigigas is active, it can't be inactivated by "Neutralizing Gas" of Weezing which enters in afterwards.
1603896050425.png
This doesn't happen and "Slow Start" is inactivated without problems in the battles of Sword & Shield,
In the replay below, the damage of "High Horsepower" in the 1st turn is the same as that in the 2nd turn: this is not just a visual bug but a bug which should effect the tactics of this kind of party.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021-1211439297-egumnayzcrid5qp51z1zd0hkm2lklofpw

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Kris / The Immortal (mostly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)