Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neutralizing Gas doesn't always work properly. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1013485136
Turn 16 Arcanine comes in and intimidates, despite weezing on the field. Then when weezing dies, he gets off a second intimidate!

In another game, Mimikyu's disguise wasn't disabled and it had the disguise broken message play when weezing hit it.

It also doesn't prevent sand spit from going off. I'm sure I'll keep running into more bugs, and continue to get screwed over by them. My team's synergy is heavily reliant on the gas. Please fix!

Can't they just make something up? I know Gulp Missile and whatever RNG it's involved with isn't a high priority to solve, but a lot of the abilities on day -1 were fuzzy stat guesses and we at least know that the fish does 25% damage and lowers Def and pekachu paralyzes.

I know Igglybuff isn't available (or rather, doesn't exist) in Gen 8, I'm asking about why Igglybuff was apparently available at all in the first place as you claim. Personally I cannot find any sources for igglybuff being on PS at some point but you seem to be in the know.

If you view the replay, on Turn 12 Appletun got hit by Play Rough and actually lived. My guess is that Sheer Force stopped the thing from activating. WombatFights
My bad, igglybuff was never added or removed, I misread some code changes. We are awaiting a Gulp Missile research report so that the ability can be implemented.

Hello !
I find a bug in my game, my pokemons takes damages when they enter in the terrain when the disto were here.
The replay :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1013493878
Copperajah used Max Steelsurge which sets stealth steel on your terrain, they didn't appear graphically though, that's the bug.

I attempted to make a doubles team with a Toxtricity - amped and Toxtricity - low key and it wont allow it saying I have 2 toxtricitys. Is this correct? If so, it seems weird to give them the plus and minus abilities if they can't be used together.

I attempted to make a doubles team with a Toxtricity - amped and Toxtricity - low key and it wont allow it saying I have 2 toxtricitys. Is this correct? If so, it seems weird to give them the plus and minus abilities if they can't be used together.
That's just standard species clause going into effect. Different forms =/= different species

Are the defense drops from Octolock supposed to ignore Flower Veil? Had that happen in a Metronome battle today, and I can't find any information about it elsewhere.
Flower veil is not available in gen 8. But it bypasses clear body as well, this has been reported.

Octolock doesn't seem to drop the opponent's defenses each turn.
Hi there,

Grapploct's move octolock traps the user, but doesn't lower their defences at the end of each turn. This should also include the same turn it is used. Here is proof, thanks. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8oubeta-1011961270
Signature Move Bug: Octolock currently doesn't drop opponent defenses each turn like it should.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8oubeta-1012081659 (from turn 22)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8oubeta-1011256878

- Gorilla tactics does not work (at least when I scrolled over my own darmanitan)
- Octolock's secondary effect does not work

Thanks guys, you are amazing, being able to play so soon is just crazy!
Octolock now drops the defenses of the enemy.

Looks like gorilla tactics is disabled during dynamaxing, as not banded darmanitan-galar actually does less damage while on dynamax. I think that maybe showdown devs programmed gorilla tactics as actually giving darmanutan a choice band. I don't know if it's the intended behaviour of dynamax darmanitan or not.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Looks like gorilla tactics is disabled during dynamaxing, as not banded darmanitan-galar actually does less damage while on dynamax. I think that maybe showdown devs programmed gorilla tactics as actually giving darmanutan a choice band. I don't know if it's the intended behaviour of dynamax darmanitan or not.
This is intended behavior.

The species clause is implemented by smogon, Gamefreak has no concern for the species clause, so it's unfortunate that, unlike plusle and minun, they gave them the same pokedex number, which causes the interaction with smogon's species clause to disallow 2 of these in the same team.

As stated by CasualPokePlayer, there are other pokemon with Plus and Minus that you can use to synergize with toxtricities.

Nature-locked Pokémon are listed as illegal with anything besides their pre-determined nature in Natdex OU, despite the addition of Mints in Sword & Shield allowing any nature to be legal regardless of a previous gen's nature lock.

1574294035199.png

For example, this Timid Heatran from an event in Pokémon Ranger (which is nature locked to Quiet) is considered illegal in Teambuilder despite the fact that the Mints should permit it to have a Timid nature.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
In gen 7 ubers, I can still teach an aegislash toxic, do you have any specific example?
He's probably referring to the stat nerfs, as teambuilder shows 140 in both defensive stats when you select Aegislash in Gen 7 Ubers. Oddly, it shows the correct 150 defensive stats in the Pokemon search list.

Some people in Ubers Discord brought up errors with dynamaxing.

Zacian / Zamazenta / Eternatus cannot be dynamaxed, but when ditto has transformed into those Pokemon, Dynamax button appears when it should not be there. When attempting to dynamax as Ditto that transformed into aforementioned Pokemon, and an opponent has selected a move, nothing happens. I heard that this glitch is causing timeout.

Sorry about image sizes.
1574296203454.png

1574296228615.png

1574296239490.png

1574296247187.png

1574296259537.png

1574296268420.png

I am not entirely certain if both formes of Zacian / Zamazenta (regular / crowned) forme cannot be dynamaxed, but I think the issue with Ditto is an error.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Not to be mean, but have you considered learning whether or not this is the intended behavior before posting a bug report?

To add onto this, Mints allow any Pokemon to eat the 33% pinch berries without confusion, yet in battles you can be confused if you set your nature incorrectly (Mints work like Hyper Training where it doesn't actually change nature, it simply adds a modifier). This is probably lack of implementation if anything, although because Mints exists, it would probably be nice to have an option to set the "real" nature and the effective nature.

EDIT: Probably should mention, Nature locked Pokemon would need to have their "real" nature set correctly so the 33% pinch berries could actually confuse them. For that Heatran in particular, the Mago Berry would confuse it, even when the effective nature isn't -Spe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)