Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Hello I'd like to report a bug:
I was using this Hawlucha set: http://pastebin.com/7wn6xAE9 in this battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-141178343
The thing is my Hawlucha threw away its King's rock and therefore it should get an unburden boost. Still however, my opp's Latios with a Life orb outspeed my boosted Hawlucha. I tested this issue again with a similar scenario and got the same result: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-141183482
So is it something beyond my competitive knowledge or Showdown has a bug?
Thank you and sorry for my bad English :)
Hawlucha with max investments should out speed a latios, yet his is a +speed nature. The bug may involve a problem with fling and unburden. If there is anyone who knows more knowledge of fling on the server, they should say something. I think I'm going to test out fling and unburden later, yet for now, I'm going to test out two hawlucha sets (http://pastebin.com/952RDDBE) obviously custom game. Yet I'm going to see if they A) both work [I know the sky attack works] but B) if the Fling will outspeed the other one.

I can third the above post, Unburden does not activate whenever Fling is used.

Also... is this a bug? I think so, because on Turn 2's start / Turn 1's end when I switched out to my Shedinja, Chansey, and Chansey the one supposed to be on the 1st spot didn't come and out and a weird error message appeared and the instant it came in, a Chansey was switched out automatically just a second after it was switched in before the Turn 2 started. And then when I chose both my moves and turned the timer on it was turning on me because apparently that 2nd Chansey's move I had to chose when it wasn't on my screen and nor was it letting me choose a move for it because it was showing it's status as fainted and the icon was greyed out of that Chansey in my party.

Weirdly, however, it shows that nothing particularly wrong happened in the replay and when I rejoin the battle (I forfeited it anyways). So I think if the battle was going on and I would've rejoined it the bug might've been fixed but still, it did happen in the first place so it has to be fixed! Thank you.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
In doubles, Sky drop is failing on the damage step, on pokemon below 200kg and non-flying type. I have used it recently and it worked fine, but now it just seems broken.

Here's one of the games where it didn't work, where I used sky drop on a mega blastoise(100kg). It has also failed on a mega heracross and a chestnaught, but I don't have those games saved.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-141542469

In doubles, Sky drop is failing on the damage step, on pokemon below 200kg and non-flying type. I have used it recently and it worked fine, but now it just seems broken.

Here's one of the games where it didn't work, where I used sky drop on a mega blastoise(100kg). It has also failed on a mega heracross and a chestnaught, but I don't have those games saved.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-141542469
Fixed as of now.

Are they heavier than the user? That also causes the move to fail.
No, that doesn't happen.

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Idk if this is just lag, but I lost a battle because the timer ran out on me. This is unusual because I had already made my move, but the timer was still running out. I tried to stop the timer and I also tried cancelling my move and redoing, but the timer kept going. It's worth noting that PS wasn't lagging at the time of this, I even tried to use commands like /data and /calc and they popped up immediately, and the chat was also flowing regularly, proving that there was no lag.

If you need a replay, I can provide it, although idk how much good that'll do since the timer doesn't show up in it.

Thanks in advance to whoever fixes this :]

Ok, i experienced Protean changing my opponents Greninja into Water and Dark after using Scald and Dark Pulse, respectively, but he also used Spikes, but didnt turn into Ground.

I assume he remained a Water type because my Rotom's Hydro Pump was resisted, when it should have been SE.

Finally, the message "The opposing' Greninja's Protean made it the Ground type" DID NOT appear, the turn he used Spikes.

As far as I know, Protean works with Status moves, as i have previously became Poison while using Toxic Spikes.

Replay of Protean-Spikes-Ground bug:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-141718804

Ok, i experienced Protean changing my opponents Greninja into Water and Dark after using Scald and Dark Pulse, respectively, but he also used Spikes, but didnt turn into Ground.

I assume he remained a Water type because my Rotom's Hydro Pump was resisted, when it should have been SE.

Finally, the message "The opposing' Greninja's Protean made it the Ground type" DID NOT appear, the turn he used Spikes.

As far as I know, Protean works with Status moves, as i have previously became Poison while using Toxic Spikes.

Replay of Protean-Spikes-Ground bug:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-141718804
Time to hide under a rock... WIll look into fixing that :[

Idk if this is just lag, but I lost a battle because the timer ran out on me. This is unusual because I had already made my move, but the timer was still running out. I tried to stop the timer and I also tried cancelling my move and redoing, but the timer kept going. It's worth noting that PS wasn't lagging at the time of this, I even tried to use commands like /data and /calc and they popped up immediately, and the chat was also flowing regularly, proving that there was no lag.

If you need a replay, I can provide it, although idk how much good that'll do since the timer doesn't show up in it.

Thanks in advance to whoever fixes this :]
Please post the replay.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When KOing a Pokemon with Pursuit from my Choice Scarfed Pawniard, it allowed me to select another move.

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
Apologies if this does not count as a bug, but I didn't know where else to bring it up.

Leafeon with Chlorophyll and Knock Off is illegal but can be used in battles in Showdown anyway. This is because Knock Off can only be taught to Leafeon in Gen IV via Move Tutor, and hidden abilities (Chlorophyll) were not available then.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
No, that doesn't happen.
I could've sworn it did, but I might've had mechanics mistaken. My bad.
Leafeon with Chlorophyll and Knock Off is illegal but can be used in battles in Showdown anyway. This is because Knock Off can only be taught to Leafeon in Gen IV via Move Tutor, and hidden abilities (Chlorophyll) were not available then.
Veekun says that it does get it through B2W2 tutor, and we trust veekun more than Bulbapedia

This isn't technically a bug but it's an issue that can be addressed. Coronis directed me to post it here

In Gen 2, there was an item called the Polkadot Bow. It is the exact same thing as the Silk Scarf that was introduced in Gen 3 (basically the silk scarf replaces it). When trying to make a Gen 2 Team with the silk scarf, because the bow isn't an item (along with other gsc exclusives like the gold berry) it says "You cant use the Silk Scarf because it doesn't exist in gen 2"

which is technically correct, but since theyre practically the same thing it'd be a simple fix to allow the silk scarf in gen 2.

:) thanks for ur time reading this

i noticed someone has already reported the bug about the three moves of some pokes in random battles... i saw that of magnezone, but manectric and jolteon too...
as sunako said, it could be for the two possibilities of hidden power moves, but it's still a bug and could be fundamental in randbats... fix it! :)

This isn't technically a bug but it's an issue that can be addressed. Coronis directed me to post it here

In Gen 2, there was an item called the Polkadot Bow. It is the exact same thing as the Silk Scarf that was introduced in Gen 3 (basically the silk scarf replaces it). When trying to make a Gen 2 Team with the silk scarf, because the bow isn't an item (along with other gsc exclusives like the gold berry) it says "You cant use the Silk Scarf because it doesn't exist in gen 2"

which is technically correct, but since theyre practically the same thing it'd be a simple fix to allow the silk scarf in gen 2.

:) thanks for ur time reading this
Actually, the Polkadot Bow boosts the power of Normal moves by 12.5%, in contrast to the other Normal boosting item in Gen 2 (Silk Bow).
Both have just been added to PS [type them in the set importable, the same as you would do for Berserk Gene], and will be usable after next server restart.

MAMP

MAMP!
Just a small thing, but when you pick Curse in triples with a non-ghost type it still tells you to pick a target. The move works as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)