Brooklyn Rage (UU Doubles tactic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
<i>Boosts the user's Attack one stage when hit between using Rage and taking its next action. </i>

Tauros@Life Orb/Leftovers
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4Hp
Jolly/Adamant
Intimidate/Anger Point
Rage
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Pursuit/Return

Cloyster @ Leftovers/Razor Claw/Scope Lens
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Speed
Timid
Skill Link
-Icicle Spear
-Surf
-Toxic Spikes/Spikes [Filler]
-Screech [Filler]

+5 Attack in 1 turn~
Scope Lens for chance of triggering Anger Point.
Tauros can be replaced by another Rager if needed. Run 0 attack IV's for minimum Icicle Spear damage.

Will this combo work?

Then you lose Anger Point, which is what this whole tactic seems to be based on, so what's the point?
Skill Ink + Icicle Spear + rage = Attack +5,
If any of the hits becomes a critical, its Attack +6, it depends on whether or not you think the +1 Attack is more important than the -1 Attack for both opponents

Speed seems to be the biggest issue. Also it assumes your Tauros and/or Cloyster survive to perform said attack, otherwise it's useless.

Spending a turn setting up one pokemon without doing anything (but an unboosted Rage) to the opponent in the fast paced doubles environment is asking for trouble. You could probably accomplish as much with a Follow Me user paired with a Belly Drum user, as at least then you'd have some guarantee that your booster wouldn't get hit. If you're dead set on doing this, definitely use Intimidate so you can survive weaker Explosions.

Generally, relying on one pokemon to get a clean sweep in doubles seems like a bad idea when you have things Exploding, Sleeping, Flinching, and Protecting left and right, and you have to face two at a time to actually sweep.

A novel idea, and in principle yes it would. However, it is very situational, and like previously mentioned, better strategies exist. Nevertheless, if you insist on running it, my advice would to be maybe give Tauros a Salac Berry and run Intimidate. At +5, Life Orb isn't really necessary. Also, even though you run timid and 0 iv in attack, put Explosion on Cloyster. Explosion is just amazing in doubles, so take advantage of that. Run Rock Slide over Stone Edge, ability to hit both foes is good, and the 51% chance to flinch at least one foe if you are faster than both is always useful. You need the reliable stab from Return, so run it over Pursuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)