Broken and Unpopular

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In this RMT, you will see a lot of stuff that people think should be banned.

Wobbuffet (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 68 Def/190 Spd/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Tickle
---

best pokemon in the game imo

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/52 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
---

Rocks, Toxic Spikes, Spins, etc. My question - should I sub it out for something like Starmie for more speed/offense/coverage against Infernape/Gyara?

Deoxys-e @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 76 Atk/252 Spd/182 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
---

Revenge-killer. Tears through fragile offensive sweepers (like this one actually)

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/38 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Dance
---

My "fighting-resist" even though it still takes a lot from strong boosted fighting attacks. I rely on it to counter a lot.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/42 Atk/216 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Crunch
---

Special wall/revenge-killer. Pretty self-explanatory.

Garchomp (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 12 HP/246 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
---

I really prefer this set, as it can both abuse Sand Veil and boost its speed to the second-highest in the game, losing only to max speed Deoxys-E and Timid Gengar.

Tyranitar: Forretress, Garchomp to an extent, hell, Gyarados to an extent.

Gyarados: No true Gyarados counter really, though Deoxys-E revenge-kils pretty well.

Infernape: Gyarados, though a NP Grass Knot hurts big-time. Deoxys-E revenge-kills with impunity.

Azelf: Ack. Tar but HP Fighting hurts and it's not like I can survive it even with the SDef investment. Revenge-killing with Deoxys comes into play of course, though even that's a problem without Shadow Ball.

Electivire: prediction. Theoretically, any of Vire's moves could fuck me up but all I have to do is get in Chomp.

Heracross: Gyarados comes in no problem, though SD Stone Edgers are a problem, and Deoxys-E can revenge-kill anytime it wants. Garchomp puts a huge dent on non-Scarf variants.

Salamence: Specsmence hurts a lot. Even Tar's taking like ~45% from it. But doesn't it hurt nearly every team not carrying Blissey? Smart switching is the key here.

Togekiss: Togekiss is a pain for this team, though Gyarados holds up pretty well.

Gengar: LO Gengar is a problem of course, but it's a problem for every team out there. Deoxys-E revengekills of course. Specs and Scarf Gengar need prediction to get through Tar.

Garchomp: Forretress does pretty well but of course dies to

Lucario: Fuck. SDLucario is an absolute pain in the ass. If Stealth Rocks are on my side of the field I am in big trouble, seeing as a +1 Extremespeed does like 40%. Other than that I can bring in Wobb and hope my opponent gets greedy with Swords Dance. Stone Edgers are actually a better matchup, because its lacking either SD, Extremespeed or Crunch. SpecsLuke is countered pretty well by Gyarados but Rocks just can't be on the field.

Starmie:

Wobb takes anything Starmie can inflict and Encores something.

Weavile: Forretress.

Dugtrio:

Er, what on this team is dying to Duggy? Other than Tar, but not if its locked into Crunch or EQ.

Porygon-Z:

Tyranitar takes him out no problem unless they have HP Fighting or something.

Machamp:

Er...ouch, this one is a problem. If its scarfed, I can just go to Gyara, if not, I guess I could Encore Dynamicpunch then Tickle it with Wobb.

Snorlax:

Kind of a problem if it gets set up. Of course, if it Curses, Wobb Encores it, and I could go to Garchomp I guess, which would force the switch.

Zapdos:

Tar comes in on it no problem, Wobbuffet can 1 for 1 it.

Suicune:

Wobb but I have to predict what it's going to do.

Breloom:

Gyarados takes the sleep, and weakens it.

Ninjask:

Jask gets Encored withouth X-Scissor.

Metagross:

Forretress.

Heatran:

Tar, Gyara

Celebi:

Celebi probably can't do anything offensively to this team. Defensively Wobb + Tar shuts it down quickly because Cel can't hurt Wobb too much.

Jirachi:

Tyranitar mostly.

Dragonite:

This one's a problem. Basically, I need to get it locked into Outrage.

Mamoswine:

Yeah I'm sort of Mamo weak. Even so, Gyarados can take at least 2 Intimdated Stone Edges. Forretress holds up okay too and crushes with Gyro Ball.

Gallade:

Gyarados handles it pretty well without T-Punch.

Yanmega:

Gyarados does okay, taking sleep and restalking, but flinch is a problem.

Kingdra:

Kingdra is a problem, though Deoxys-E will usually get at least one hit on it.

Roserade:

Could be problematic but easily handled with smart switching.

Scizor:

Forretress lol.

In short, not a great deal of defensive coverage, a lot of threats are dealt with through switching and prediction coupled with revenge-killing.

I can see the team having problems with Yachechomp. Also what are the speed Evs on Wob for (isn't tickle wob supposed to be jolly and max speed?) Anyways Bronzong would help the team well against Deoxys-e and Yachechomp. Maybe replace Deoxys for it.

i would drop deoxys for scarfgar since i dont like how you're relying on gyara too much to counter fighting types

i dont think forrey fits here because this team isnt really that great defensively

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can see the team having problems with Yachechomp. Also what are the speed Evs on Wob for (isn't tickle wob supposed to be jolly and max speed?) Anyways Bronzong would help the team well against Deoxys-e and Yachechomp. Maybe replace Deoxys for it.
yeah, I was actually going to put that Yachechomp was a problem for me but I accidentally deleted my entry for Chomp.

I guess I could sub Bronzong for Forry and Starmie for Gyarados, seeing that I don't really need Toxic Spikes...

That would be ideal.

I wouldn't lead with Wobbuffet though, among starters you're going to see: CBTar, Focus Sash Weaviles, Hypnosis Gengar, or if Shadow Balls right off the bat you could be fucked, Taunt Gyarados, or random U-Turners, all that can be deeply annoying. I'd probably go with the new Bronzong as the starter first.

Although Lucario will be a huge problem, especially with Gyarados gone. If the team is Wobbuffet, Bronzong, Starmie, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Deoxys, I think the biggest weak link here owuld be Deoxys. With Bronzong to help with Garchomp, Starmie with Gyarados, it's revenge killing isn't needed as much. Here we can add in....or rather..add back Gyarados! That or add in like a Reflect/Thunder Wave Celebi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)