Other Metagames Brick Bronze (Roblox) Mega Pinsir Chad Plays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, SlimyPits here back at it again with my first RMT. Recently I have been playing a lot of brick bronze on Roblox, aka project bronze forever. And I have been trying to construct a good team that conforms to its specific and strange tournament rules which I will post below. Basically, I have only ever played SS OU, with a sun team that I copied from Omari P the GOAT. I got pretty decent reaching 1700 elo, but I have no actual teambuilding experience. So when I was building this team, obviously there are were a few kinks to work out. The team is semi viable already, as I reached 1400 in gen 7 ou (the closest to the format in pbb) but am having trouble getting anywhere further, Hope someone can help.
RULES:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Species Clause
A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team. For example, using a team with two Koffing would break this clause. Using different formes on the same team, such as Rotom-W and Rotom-C, also breaks the clause since they share the same Pokédex number (#479).
Sleep Clause

All Sleep Moves such as Dark Void and Hypnotize are banned from usage in the tourney.

Evasion Clause

A Pokemon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.

OHKO Clause

A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.

Moody Clause

A team cannot have a Pokemon with the ability Moody.

Endless Battle Clause

Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
Banned List:
- Mega Blaziken - Shaymin Sky - Mega Gengar -Mega Salamence - Mega Lucario - landorus - aegislash - reskins - marshadow - lugia - galarian birds - power construct - 50% zygarde - Mega blastoise - Blaziken - genesect - Mega kangaskhan - all galarian formes - Mewtwo - All hisuian formes and mons - Ho-oh - Weather trio (kyogre, groudon, rayquaza) - deoxys (all formes) - Dialga - Palkia - Giratina - Cresselia - Arceus - Reshiram - Zekrom - Kyurem - Yveltal - Xerneas - mimikyu - tapu koko - tapu bulu - tapu lele - cosmog - cosmoem - lunala - solgaleo - every ultra beast - necrozma - magearna - marshadow - zeraora - meltan - melmetal - every gen 8 mon except for starters
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you can see, there are some interesting choices for pokemon in this game, sometimes due too glitches attached a certain pokemon, and sometimes for reasons that I cant understand. This format is the most reminiscent to gen 7 OU in my opinion, which is why I was testing this team in that on showdown. One of the main reasons that I am seeking help in this forum is because of the certain pokemon that are banned, or not banned that could justify a change in the team. For example, all the tapu's besides finni are banned, which are a pretty common threat that no longer must be accounted for. Also, Libero Cinderace is a thing, and it scares me immensely. Anyways, enough blibber blabbing, time for the actual team.
:raikou:
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
I mainly added this because I thought that having an assault vest Raikou was a cooky quirky idea, also it helps me against Rotom-Wash which I was having trouble with. It also helps against Thundurus, Greninja + Ash Greninja, Gengar, And Charizard-Y which are all pretty common in this game. I am not too attached to this mon, and am completely open to being replaced, especially because getting HA Ice will be an extreme pain.
-------------------------------
:pinsir:
Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
YOU KNOW HOW IT IS, I just love mega Pinsir, and pretty much built the team around him. This is the only pokemon that I am not willing to swap out, because it is literally a mega Pinsir team and I already bred for it. Its x4 weakness to stealth rock made me put Rotom-W and Mandibuzz on the team to try and clear hazards and pave the way for some sd + return clicking.
------------------------------------------------------
:rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
Ok, I'm not too experienced using this mon, but I liked it because of its defog capabilities and its sweet typing. I use this mainly to get rid of Gliscors and Heatrans if I can, but usually end up messing up :(. I love will-o-wisp on this mon, because It seems to do more damage than in pbb (pokemon brick bronze) than on showdown, and allows me to screw up mega-Mawhile and mega-Lopunny.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
:victini:
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Brick Break
TBH there is not a super specific reason that I put Victini on this team, but I really just enjoy clicking V-create and watching things die. BTW: Glaciate and Bolt strike cannot be learned by Victini as they are event moves that aren't in pbb.
-------------------------------------------
:mandibuzz:
Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 212 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
I put Mandibuzz here because It is a great defensive wall, and I loved using it is SS OU. Also it can learn defog which helps take some pressure of Mega Pinser which is nice. Another upside to Mandibuzz is that it is an answer to libero cinderace due to its bulk + foul play.
-----------------------------------------------------------
:magnezone:
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
I put Magnezone on this team because I kept getting sauced on by Skarmories whenever I tried to use Pinser (I had Clefable before). Magnet pull is really useful with Mega-Pinser because It can get rid of those pesky steel types that cause me so much pain.
-----------------------------------------------------------
So that's about it, this is my first post so I'm sorry if I forgot to include something or broke some sort of guideline.

jakerocks73fan

Banned deucer.
:rotom-wash:

Changed to the correct spread, Defensive is much better here for your rain matchup and has enough speed to outspeed modest magnezone and some Heatran variants. Also replaced Defog with Will-o-Wisp as Landorus acts as hazard removal.

jakerocks73fan

Banned deucer.
:mandibuzz:
Bit of a nitpick but I am going to suggest changing Toxic -> U-turn. I feel like if you choose to run Hoopa Unbound, U-turn Mandibuzz is 100% needed due to the fact of it not having recovery. Its like if you want your Hoopa to come in and such yet you have no pivoters wse without u-turn on Mandibuzz. Its more leniet with Roost Hydreigon.

jakerocks73fan

Banned deucer.
I like your team. You have a good core with zone and pinsir. I know you really want specs zone, but I think your team (especially pinsir) would benefit from this zone set
Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

This easily can trap and kill ferro, which is a check to ur pinsir and rotom. Also it can threaten victini both mons are annoying for your team.

If ur heart is set on specs then I would actually switch magnet pull for analytic as it gives zone a bigger boast and most players wont take the time to check if its not magnet pull. Lastly I would use steal beam over try attack as it could help you break a mon and turn the tie of the battle.

I strongly recommend having ur pinsir at max speed. Def is not as necessary if you strike and kill them first if u get what i mean.

One way to make our team a stronger against ground is using less electric types, So I looked for a mon that could replace raikou that has nasty plot. The best mon I saw was Hydraygon. It has levitate so ground immunity and it resists ghost which are quite prevalent in the meta.
Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost/Flamethrower

wow I’m talking quite a bit… I’m sorry, I’m just going to post an updated version of your team. Message me if you have questions. Also I’m not to confident with what I changed for rotom w. You should ask someone else to help review rotom

Ok use this team instead

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Close Combat

Mandibuzz (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 8 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Surf
- Haze
- Defog
If choice items get fixed, you can put cb on weavile and cs on fini then sub out moves ofc, some haze on fini for trick and weavile just put another move of your choice
O em GEE THX jakerocks73 you are my favorite ladder player XOXO

jakerocks73fan

Banned deucer.
Hey why didn't this guy get warned and I did?
If jakerocks73 has million number of fans i am one of them. if jakerocks73 has ten fans i am one of them. if jakerocks73 have only one fan and that is me. if jakerocks73 has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth. if world against the jakerocks73, i am against the world. i love jakerocks73 till my last breath .. Die Hard fan of jakerocks73. Hit Like If you Think jakerocks73 Best player & Smart In the world

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Unfortunately gamer, rates only occur here for official Showdown Metagames, not some side game on the internet.

If you're looking for SS OU rates, head on over here or Gen 7 OU rates here

But restrictions like 'Cinderace is allowed, cater for that' won't be taken into account.

Other Metagames refers to Metas such as Almost Any Ability, STABmons or Godly Gift, not anything that isn't covered by anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)