Breaking Bad

I searched through Ultimate Perfect Forum back until early 2012 and both pages of The Great Library and there is NO Breaking Bad thread. Now there is.

Breaking Bad is a television drama series centered around the life of Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher diagnosed with lung cancer who turns to selling methamphetamine in order to leave behind enough money for his pregnant wife and disabled son to survive after his death.

Earlier today (August 11th), the first episode of Season 5B started, and it was a doozy. I won't put any spoilers in the first post, but past this point, nothing is guaranteed to be spoiler-free.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How is this thread only appearing now??

This show is among the best I've ever seen, and this latest episode was indeed a doozy. I'm so hyped for the rest of this series, I really hope it lives up to my expectations.

How are they going to end it? Walt gets arrested?? Cancer finally kills him? Hank loses it and kills him? Hell I could even see Jesse finishing him off. I just can't see the show ending with a happy ending for Walt.

@Django

my money is on hank not being able to make anything stick to walt and enlisting jesse's help to convict him. i think if walt loses in the end it would fit the whole "story of walt becoming the villain" thing that's been going on thus far.

what the fuck just happened

what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck omgogomgomgoogmmogmogg

Psyched up for new episode tonight. My problem is how Walt can do his alternate identity thing and Jesse can burn down the White house. Ideally for me Huell and Saul send Hank to Belize, because #teamwalttotheend

this thread's comments really confused me because I thought it was posted today

just watched BB over the summer, finally caught up a week or two before the season 5B premier. it's pretty good, but imo the most interesting part is reading about the minute references and symbolisms and stuff that I'm not smart enough to find.

I've read a couple of nice theories about the end, but imo there's absolutely no way the series ends without one or more of the main characters dying. hell, they may not even be alive by the time of the flash forwards if this theory has any truth to it.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The more that I see Walt as a sociopath I have to ask myself does he actually see any kind of friendship within Jesse. He left Jesse the money in the half-season finale, much like he promised. He raised Jesse as the scumbag meth dealer into this (pretty smart, actually) meth dealer. They have all these memories together.

As much as Walt terrifies him, as much as he sees Walt as a magic man, do they have the closest thing to a friendship that Walt has?

Maybe it is more of a father-son thing. Though Jesse had that (maybe) more with Mike. I don't know, I've just been thinking about that lately. Given himself or Jesse, would Walt sacrifice himself? Walt, maybe, but if he's fully Heisenberg now, maybe not.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Walt isn't fully Heisenberg, or at least, we don't know that yet. Hell, his wife is more Heisenberg than he is, because she ordered the hit on Jesse last episode. Walt's whole thing is "yeah sure maybe I'm a drug kingpin, but I'm doing this for family". It's why he didn't just have Hank killed after Saul suggested they send him to Belize. I have a sneaking suspicion that Jesse is either going to kill Skyler or Holly this episode though, and after that, all bets are off for Walt.

As a tangent, if you read the theories about how Walt picks up characteristics of those he killed (Mike's whiskey habit / "learn how to take yes for an answer", Gus's business shrewdness / putting the towel down before puking / Volvo in the beginning of s05e09), Walt is shown to be wearing Jesse's jacket and using Skyler's maiden name as a false ID (in addition to doing the bacon number on his birthday).

All I know is, somebody is definitely dying on Sunday since they cockteased the fuck out of us last week with the showdown at the end. Final wacky theory: in a bizarre showdown, Marie gets fed up with Hank's ineffectiveness, tries to shoot Walt, but accidentally takes down Skyler.

edit: http://drakeingbad.tumblr.com/ spoilers inside but holy fuck rofl

Last edited:

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I met a traveller from an antique land

Who said: `Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,

Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,

And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,

Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,

The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.

And on the pedestal these words appear --

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare

The lone and level sands stretch far away.

this was a gif of walt sobbing in the desert while lying on the ground but it broke so fuck it

vince you magnificent bastard

Last edited:

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
H-h-holy fuck. Ozymandias... w-wha...

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I met a traveller from an antique land

Who said: `Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,

Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,

And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,

Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,

The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.

And on the pedestal these words appear --

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare

The lone and level sands stretch far away.

this was a gif of walt sobbing in the desert while lying on the ground but it broke so fuck it

vince you magnificent bastard
GIF:

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
okay, bought season five on itunes, any chance I'll be getting the second part without paying more money?

tennisace

OK THIS IS IT: FINALE DEATH PREDICTION TIME.

List of people still alive:
Walt
Skyler
Walt Jr.
Holly
Jesse
Saul
Marie
Todd
Nazis
Lydia
Brock
Elliot Schwartz
Gretchen Schwartz
Huell
Kuby
Badger
Skinny Pete
Vince Gilligan

Bonus: what does Walt use the Ricin for?

Walt - dead
Skyler - dead
Walt Jr. - alive
Holly - alive
Jesse - dead
Saul - doesn't come back
Marie - alive
Todd - dead
Nazis - dead
Lydia - dead
Brock - alive
Elliot Schwartz - dead
Gretchen Schwartz - alive
Huell - STILL WAITING
Kuby - gone
Badger - gone
Skinny Pete - gone
Vince Gilligan - DONT FUCK UP

Ricin: used to poison Jesse's last cook.

Todd killing Andrea and the scene following is the most brutal thing I've seen on television since the Red Wedding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)