- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Acrobatics
- Tera Blast

NEW MOVE: Esper Wing - 80 BP |
psychic.gif
|
special.png
The user slashes the target with aura-enriched wings. This also boosts the user's Speed stat. This move has a heightened chance of landing a critical hit.

Pros:
  • Thanks to Tinted Lens, Esper Wing becomes a highly spammable move against any non-Dark types, allowing Braviary-H to patch up its middling Speed stat. It also means it pretty much can ran his STABs exclusively thanks to Hurricane's high base power.
  • Sheer Force is also a great ability that allows him to ran Life Orb without any recoil while boosting the power of Hurricane even further, as well as being able to use Heat Wave to melt the Steel types that resists his STABs.
  • Has STAB Stored Power, which greatly benefits from his access to both Calm Mind and Agility.
  • One of the very few viable Defoggers that doesn't get completely walled by Gholdengo.
  • While his typing is far from great defensively, being a Flying type allows it to check the ever present Great Tusk.
Cons:
  • Has a mediocre defensive typing and a middling speed stat, making particularly easy to revenge kill by most scarfers even at +1, and its vulnerable to Priority, specially Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak.
  • This also means that it can have a difficult time finding opportunities to reliably set-up.
Terastallization Potential:
Braviary-H could use Tera to either boosts its offensive prowess or to flip its weaknesses.
  • Tera Fighting turns its Dark and Rock weakness into resistances, and allows it to turn Tera Blast into a Fighting type move to destroy Kingambit and Heatran.
  • Tera Fairy also grants it a Dark resistance while keeping its ability to check Fighting types.
  • Finally, Tera Flying can be use to turn Hurricane in an absolute nuke.
  • Tera Psychic usually feels like a meme, but the idea of powering up Esper Wing and Stored Power even more could be appealing.
Potential Sets:

Calm Mind
Braviary-Hisui @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Tinted Lens
Tera Type: Flying / Fighting
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Esper Wing
- Hurricane
- Roost / Psyshock / Tera Blast / Stored Power

A pretty straightforward set, that tries to take advantage of slower, bulky mons that cannot immediately threaten Braviary-H. Set up with Calm Mind, and then you would mainly be using Esper Wing to boost your speed up, switching to Hurricane to nail Dark types. Thanks to Tinted Lens, very few pokemon actually resist both of Braviary-H's STABs, so the last moveslot is highly flexible. Roost can help Braviary-H better set up on bulky mons, while making it harder to revenge kill by keeping himself on high health and wasting Sucker Punch's PP. Psyshock is useful for breaking through specially defensive mons, while Tera Blast with Tera Fighting destroys Kingambit. Finally, Stored Power is useful thanks to the speed boosts you could accumulate.

Roost + 3 Attacks
Braviary-Hisui @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Tera Type: Flying / Fairy / Fighting
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave / Tera Blast
- Roost

This sets forgoes setup in favor of a All-Out Attack approach. Psychic is choosen over Esper Wing for the higher base power, since Sheer Force means that EW wouldn't boost your speed. Hurricane is pretty self-explanatory, and Heat Wave is used to break to any Steel types not named Heatran or Goodra-H. Alternatively, you can use Tera Fighting Tera Blast to break through those, but you worsen your match up against Gholdengo and Corviknight. Roost is used on the final slot to heal SR damage. Modest is the preferred nature to further boost your fire power, and Timid isn't as mandatory without a speed boosting option.

Double Dance
Braviary-Hisui @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Grassy Seed / Psychic Seed
Tera Type: Fighting / Flying / Psychic
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Agility
- Stored Power
- Tera Blast / Hurricane

Doubt this can be used in anything other than Screen offense, but its a very threatening sweeper if pulled off. Calm Mind + Agility alongside Stored Power make Braviary-H a fearsome attacker, and then you can pick either Tera Blast with Tera Fighting or Hurricane with Tera Flying to break through Steels.

Choice Specs
Braviary-Hisui @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Flying / Fighting / Fairy
Timid Nature
- Esper Wing
- Hurricane
- U-Turn
- Psyshock / Tera Blast

Spam Esper Wing: the set. U-Turn is useful for keeping momentum, and Psyshock can be used to break through special walls.

Defog
Braviary-Hisui @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Esper Wing
- Roost
- U-turn / Hurricane

If you really want a defogger than isn't walled by Gholdengo, Braviary-H is definitely an option. Esper Wing is used to keep a better offensive pressure, while U-Turn keeps momentum. Hurricane can also be run to better threaten Dark types. 140 Spe is used to outspeed Kingambit and then Gholdengo and Great Tusk at +1.

Overall Impressions:
Braviary-Hisui has some very neat tools on its movepool, with interesting boosting options, solid coverage, and two great abilities for an offensive mon. It's somewhat held back by its defensive typing and initially mid speed tier, but it has great potential to break through teams if used correctly and well supported.

Last edited:
In your Roost + 3 Attacks set, you say that Esper Wing does not give you the speed boost because of Sheer Force. I just looked at Serebii and it looks like Esper Wing is not on the list of moves affected by Sheer Force. Other new Hisui moves such as Bleakwind Storm and Infernal Parade are on there, so I don't think it's an update issue.

Assuming you do still get the EW speed boost with Sheer Force, I think a simple Esper Wing + 3 Attacks is Braviary-H's best bet. Something like:

Braviary-H @ Life Orb
252 SpA / 252 Spe
Esper Wing
Hurricane
Shadow Ball/Psychic
Heat Wave/Psychic

I've been trying this with some success.

Braviary-Hisui @ Heavy-Duty Boots/Wide Lens
Tera Type: Fighting
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Esper Wing
- Tera Blast

Tera Blast fighting covers 3 of Braviary's weaknesses in Rock, Dark and Ice but It's the Speed that lets this guy down and makes it a toss up on if its going to be useful or not. Infact it's why I've started to include a few faster Mon with Paralyse potential like Discharge H-Electrode.

Last edited:
In your Roost + 3 Attacks set, you say that Esper Wing does not give you the speed boost because of Sheer Force. I just looked at Serebii and it looks like Esper Wing is not on the list of moves affected by Sheer Force. Other new Hisui moves such as Bleakwind Storm and Infernal Parade are on there, so I don't think it's an update issue.

Assuming you do still get the EW speed boost with Sheer Force, I think a simple Esper Wing + 3 Attacks is Braviary-H's best bet. Something like:

Braviary-H @ Life Orb
252 SpA / 252 Spe
Esper Wing
Hurricane
Shadow Ball/Psychic
Heat Wave/Psychic
Unfortunately, Esper Wing’s speed boost is still affected by Sheer Force.

Karxrida

Eventide
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The Calm Mind set could probably afford to divert some Speed EVs into physical bulk. 110/70/70 is a decent spread and could be surprisingly tanky with optimization. Not sure how much HP and/or Def investment you'd want or the exact number of Speed EVs you need to keep for important boosted thresholds, but I doubt you absolutely have to be as fast as possible.

The Calm Mind set could probably afford to divert some Speed EVs into physical bulk. 110/70/70 is a decent spread and could be surprisingly tanky with optimization. Not sure how much HP and/or Def investment you'd want or the exact number of Speed EVs you need to keep for important boosted thresholds, but I doubt you absolutely have to be as fast as possible.
I would say it mostly depends on how many turns/Esper Wings do you want to use to reach certain benchmarks. The slowest you should go it's either 20 EVs for Corviknight and Skeledirge, or 140 for Kingambit and to outspeed Tusk at +1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)