Gen 3 Borderline team

This is a new borderline team of mine and its doing pretty well against Standard teams but im sure it could be improved. Here it is:

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 16 Spd / 112 SAtk / 60 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Explosion
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Spikes, defensive wall.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 128 HP / 144 Atk / 236 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink

Cleric, Special wall, "Cursetank"

Espeon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 200 HP / 72 Spd / 236 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Substitute

Espyjump is awesome. passes calm minds to alakazam and articuno usually.

Alakazam (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Psychic
- Thunderpunch

Special Sweeper no calm mind because of espy.

Moltres @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 216 spd / 252 satk / 40 hp
Modest Nature (+satk -atk)
- Fire Blast
- Aerial Ace
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

status absorber, counters heracross

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Trait: Trace
EVs: 228 hp / 136 def / 144 Satk
Naughty Nature: (+atk -Sdef)
- Sharpen
- Return
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Otherwise im owned by blissey.

Plz rate/hate

Why lead with Cloyster when you have Espy/P2/Zam?

On Cloyster I would just dump the Atk EVs into either of the defenses.

I like max HP on Miltank, and why a -Spd nature when you have no special attacks? Also I would just give it SB/HP Ghost (forgot lol) over HB and just put a restalker there to take status, but meh.

Those are some whacked Espy EVs ._. I would just put some Sp Atk and Spd with a little HP incase you need some lategame cleaning, since it isn't really made to be a tank. Also you should be passing only either CMs or subs imo, so HP Fire or w/e over sub.

The thing with trying to BP CMs to Zam for sweeping is that it can be a real bitch to pull off most of the time. I'd recommend going for a non-full sweeper set on zam (sub/encore/trick/mczam) in order to raise his usefulness a bit throughout the match.

RTmoltry and HB Miltank is a bit like RTzappy and AT Bliss. It should be either one or the other, imo. You can try flamethrower/HP Grass/WoW/sunny day if you want a seconary sweeper and statuser.

K, the thing with BL teams is they're hard to use well in an OU environment, which I think you're doing. For example, you have a big Tar weak, maybe you can put Steelix somewhere (maybe over zam/tres/espy)

Those are some whacked Espy EVs ._. I would just put some Sp Atk and Spd with a little HP incase you need some lategame cleaning, since it isn't really made to be a tank. Also you should be passing only either CMs or subs imo, so HP Fire or w/e over sub.
EspyJump, surprising as it may seem, is a special tank. It is there to lull special attackers into a false sense of security, and then belie its charming exterior by setting up until your opponent realizes you've got three Calm Minds and a Substitute and there's no way that they can break your substitutes efficiently Jumpman's words...those evs simply let Espeon CM in front of almost all special attackers so just keep them as they are akumu...

Lead electrics (like my manectric) are going to eat cloyster. Although I do love cloyster. You need something to take that thunderbolt. (Or if you expect their first move to be sub, something to kill it.) You don't have a single ground poke at all, or for that matter, a ground move. Also, you have no realy setup-less phys attackers. I know you said you use porygon for blissey, but what if they have more than one high sdef poke? Personally I'm a big fan of quagsire. I'd get rid of moltres for quagsire with Surf/EQ/Haze/Counter. He can counter most anything, and HP Grass actually works like a phys move, so should he survive it (which is a decent probability in bl/uu) he counters it for an immediate k.o. Plus if he does survive and you can predict a water move later on, he is healed by surf due to water absorb. Anyway.

Another of my fave bl pokes is Houndoom, who can destroy espeon if he gets in early and has pursuit. (This is another good reason to use quagsire.) I only mention it because it's something you'll be needing to watch for, as you have 2 pokes with a bad weakness to dark. My houndoom comes with roar as well, so if you do get setup with calm mind and you bp to kazaam, for instance, I'd roar to get rid of sub and calm minds. I'd really recommend staying clear of 2 psychics, personally. I'd probably sooner take espeon and trade kazaam for.. well I do like manectric. Or houndoom. :) If you were to bring in quagsire, those calm minds from espeon would cure his only biig weakness in grass.

Keep cloyster and espeon. Miltank is decent, although I prefer granbull as a beller. I've used porygon and found him too slow, but he's not terrible. But change the rest. I'd bring in Quagsire for moltres and Houndoom for kazaam. But take this with a grain of salt. This is my first true rating.

-SB

Thx for all the input. and no thsi sint for playing against bl teams so im rarely gonna see houndoom manectric etc.

can't help but think that this time -isn't- for bl teams, and you're planning on seeing ou pokes... well. let me just say you should request unrated. i mean... jolteon/zappy starters.. swampert... ttar in on espeon.. good luck..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)