Done Boot-Up to Gen8

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

I'm not huge into "I told you so" mentality, but it seems like CAP has become fairly inactive the past few months. This can be attributed to a lot of things, from the excitement of a new generation to the start of a new school year. That being said, I have to give a few shout-outs. Thanks to the modeling team (QxC, Nyasu, and Steph in particular) for keeping up your fine work on the models. If anyone reading this thread is interested in getting involved in our modeling process, why not check out our home base thread? Also thanks to all of you participating in the pre-evolution process, and DHR for heading it all up. Finally, a big thank you goes out to our CAP Tiering Committee for working on Equilibra balance updates and overall cleaning out the finale of Generation 7 in CAP. We have grown so much, and a huge part of that is due to your work.

Now, we need to start buckling in for Generation 8 and what lies ahead. The purpose of this thread is to detail what still needs to be done before CAP27 begins. It's also to keep a running list of thoughts and comments about Gen8 and what needs to be updated as we start playing through Sword and Shield: maybe there are new mechanics that we need to consider. We can't know everything about what we'll need to update until we get the games in our hands, but it's good for us to hash out what exactly needs to be done.

Below, I'm going to keep a running tally of all of the issues/problems/bugs that we need to address before CAP27 begins. It is by no means exhaustive, but it's a starting point. If you have anything else to add, please post it in this thread or contact me on Discord. Finally, I will be making it my job to assign thread closers and get new PRC threads moving. Thank you for your time!

Vital Topics:
CAP Updates
I'm going to be reading over the posts here and assigning a thread closer shortly and publicly. Now may be a good time for you to pour over this thread as well; deciding how we approach updates is going to largely dictate how the initial Gen8 CAP OU meta will look.​

CAP Gap
GMars made an excellent thread on what we should do to fill the gap between CAPs when we're creating them. While it's not as important as updates, it would behoove us to look back on how we reflect on CAPs, and if we need to add something formally to the process to encourage that reflection.​

Non-Vital Topics:
CAP Cries
This is taking way more time than you would think. We'll keep working on it, but let's focus on some of those vital topics first.​

Again, let me know what topics should be added to this list. They don't need to be PRC threads, but go ahead and list anything you think we should take a look at between now and the release of CAP27.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)