Boosted B@st@rds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love seeing the taunt on Greninja... good call there. But, how does Dragonite have Extreme Speed? Serebii shows it cannot learn it.

Love seeing the taunt on Greninja... good call there. But, how does Dragonite have Extreme Speed? Serebii shows it cannot learn it.
Because Serebii has to confirm it 100% to put it on the list. Extremespeed is a move that's long since been an Egg Move, but it's not obtainable without Pokebank, so we don't know if it still is. But chances are, it's still going to be unless Pokebank does a move purge from previous gens.

I would almost rather have return than fire punch or drain punch (lose some sustain). Return on Mega khan is absolutely devastating after using power up punch one time with the stab bonus it will pretty much OHKO most threats. The only issues with this from my experience is ferrothorn becomes the most annoying thing ever.

I would almost rather have return than fire punch or drain punch (lose some sustain). Return on Mega khan is absolutely devastating after using power up punch one time with the stab bonus it will pretty much OHKO most threats. The only issues with this from my experience is ferrothorn becomes the most annoying thing ever.
I can confirm that Return is terrifying. It OHKO'd my Gliscor when I was Toxic Stalling it because Toxic was faster, so I thought I had him walled in, then he got a PUP on my Sub, then before I put up another one, he hit me with Return and it was lights out. Dang Speed ties...

I can confirm that Return is terrifying. It OHKO'd my Gliscor when I was Toxic Stalling it because Toxic was faster, so I thought I had him walled in, then he got a PUP on my Sub, then before I put up another one, he hit me with Return and it was lights out. Dang Speed ties...
The main thing I'm testing right now is Return in place of Sucker Punch. Fire Punch is needed for team coverage, and Drain Punch has definitely earned its place time and time again. Sucker Punch, on the other hand is predictable and easy to get around (not that it hasn't been useful).

The main thing I'm testing right now is Return in place of Sucker Punch. Fire Punch is needed for team coverage, and Drain Punch has definitely earned its place time and time again. Sucker Punch, on the other hand is predictable and easy to get around (not that it hasn't been useful).
Sucker Punch makes my Gengar cry...

Yeah, I guess. Most people aren't running Choice Sets (See: Mega Gengar) so they run shit like Sub, so yeah, I guess they have an advantage there.
Worst case scenario, Kangaskhan can at least deal damage to Gengar with Fire Punch. Might not be super effective, and might not have priority, but after a couple attack boosts it still hurts like hell.

Worst case scenario, Kangaskhan can at least deal damage to Gengar with Fire Punch. Might not be super effective, and might not have priority, but after a couple attack boosts it still hurts like hell.
Also, if you predict the Gengar early and hold back, you can ruin it's day with Scrappy. I'm no Kangaskhan expert, yet, so how does regular-Khan stand up to both Gengars?

For your burn issue you can try latias. With a set such as this
Latias @ Leftovers / ??
252 Spe / 252 Hp / 4 SpAtk. Timid
Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
Defog
Healing Wish
Filler - Hp Fire / Psyshock / Roost

Also give you another special attacker. Just a suggestion. Also gives you a electric resist, a defog user, status healer. Ev's and moves besides healing wish and defog are not set in stone, just an idea.

For your burn issue you can try latias. With a set such as this
Latias @ Leftovers / ??
252 Spe / 252 Hp / 4 SpAtk. Timid
Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
Defog
Healing Wish
Filler - Hp Fire / Psyshock / Roost

Also give you another special attacker. Just a suggestion. Also gives you a electric resist, a defog user, status healer. Ev's and moves besides healing wish and defog are not set in stone, just an idea.
Hmm... an interesting selection, although I'm not sure who I'd replace. I suppose with Defog on Latias, I could remove Skarmory, but then I'd lose my physical wall... decisions, decisions...

Worth a test though, for sure.

Give him a physically defensive spread. Its naturally specially bulky so doesnt need much investment. It does mind burn.

For example a spread like 252 Hp / 232 Def / Spe dunno..

Edit: Can give Kang or Dnite a second life if low on Hp or burned while removing entry hazards

Give him a physically defensive spread. Its naturally specially bulky so doesnt need much investment. It does mind burn.

For example a spread like 252 Hp / 232 Def / Spe dunno..

Edit: Can give Kang or Dnite a second life if low on Hp or burned while removing entry hazards
He has 6 weaknesses, though. Seems risky removing SpD dedication when he's so squishy in the Super Effective department.

How are you doing on SpD walls? You already have one?

EDIT: Also, don't you already have Wash Rotom for Def walling?

He has 6 weaknesses, though. Seems risky removing SpD dedication when he's so squishy in the Super Effective department.

How are you doing on SpD walls? You already have one?

EDIT: Also, don't you already have Wash Rotom for Def walling?
I don't currently have a designated Special Wall, although most of my team is bulky enough to be able to take a few hits and dispatch a special attacker quickly (most special attackers are physically squishy). Rotom is there as a physically defensive wall. Skarmory is there mostly for Defog/Stealth Rock, but acts as a back-up wall just in case.

My only issue is I don't know who I'd take out in favor of Latias.

It could be for skaymory. Stealth rocks are removed by defog so setting them up may not be such a priority or necesity.

Edit : Do you need or use skaymory frecuently as a back up wall?

It could be for skaymory. Stealth rocks are removed by defog so setting them up may not be such a priority or necesity.

Edit : Do you need or use skaymory frecuently as a back up wall?
Yes, I do. And usually what I'll do is Defog, then throw down Stealth Rocks. I rarely start out a match with Stealth Rocks, I just get them in when convenient (such as after switching in against a foe that Skarmory can wall).

What will happen if you drop Drain Punch for Ice Punch would mean that you would have to rely on Scolipede's speed boosts more then before to raise your Kangaskhan's speed to+2. Then he can go around with E Punches, PU Punch, and S Punch and outspeed or have priority over every other pokemon. This while making for a much easier sweep, is much harder due to the increased dependence on Scolipede's speed boosts. I say stick with Drain Punch.

Personally, I think you should change Kanga's set to something like Sucker Punch / Return / Earthquake / Power up Punch. This set isn't walled by most Steel-types because of Earthquake and gives you much needed STAB that your current set is lacking. The relevant things that really wall this set are Trevenant, Gourgeist, and to a lesser extent Skarmory. Sure, you might miss the recovery from Drain Punch, but the power that Return has would make your Kanga more of a threat.

Personally, I think you should change Kanga's set to something like Sucker Punch / Return / Earthquake / Power up Punch. This set isn't walled by most Steel-types because of Earthquake and gives you much needed STAB that your current set is lacking. The relevant things that really wall this set are Trevenant, Gourgeist, and to a lesser extent Skarmory. Sure, you might miss the recovery from Drain Punch, but the power that Return has would make your Kanga more of a threat.
As discussed previously in the thread, I don't feel like I need Earthquake on Kangaskhan, because I already have 2 Earthquake users on the team (Dragonite and Scolipede). However, I've been testing out Power-Up Punch/Return/Fire Punch/Drain Punch for a few days now, and I'm leaning towards switching. I don't really miss Sucker Punch all that much (it's a pretty predictable move). And by keeping Fire Punch, I can still tear through Skarmory, Trevenant, and Gourgeist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)