SV Ubers Bohemian Rhapsody (Peaked #1, 1814 ELO, 87.3% GXE)

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.

https://pokepast.es/2a9d0627dacdc1d0

Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth

Zest of Life here bringing you the magnum opus of teambuilding. Just like Freddie Mercury boldly claimed Bohemian Rhapsody was a "bloody masterpiece," this team is the pinnacle of SV Ubers. With the advent of the Indigo Disk DLC, many returning Ubers staples, including :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: + :Deoxys-Attack:, started tearing up the tier. In the last iteration of SV Ubers, I found the most success with my Life of Lies Stall. However, with Necrozma-Dusk-Mane being able to blast through most stalls via Photon Geyser and :Koraidon: + :Miraidon: being as dominant as ever, I painfully realized Stall was not it. While Stall teams performed exceptionally well at first (courtesy of Fardin), I realized that the ladder was too offensively oriented for Stall to succeed long-term. In fact, Scale Shot :Koraidon:, the single most oppressive force in the tier, started adopting Substitute and Taunt sets to shut down most stalls. Unfortunately, I reached into a building block, refusing to run subpar sets like Tera Water Thunder Wave :Arceus-Fairy: and Tera Fairy :Skeledirge: that only mediocre talents would run.

While looking for inspiration, my fellow building savant OreoSpeedruns suggested :Ditto:. I always thought :Ditto: was a pretty underrated choice, if not a smidge mediocre since it admittedly has a "poor matchup" vs. Balance and Stall teams. However, :Ditto: is a decent pick versus most teams on ladder, as it can continuously keep itself healthy throughout a match by pivoting into Regenerator :Ho-Oh:, a defensive staple in almost every team archetype. :Ditto: also deters HO sweepers like :Koraidon: + :Zacian-Crowned: from mindlessly clicking their set-up moves unless they have Substititute.

Oreo suggested that Stall was too passive to succeed long-term on ladder & it was better if we took a more balanced approach. With this advice in mind, we began building this team with what we consider the most effective Balance core of :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: + :Ho-Oh: + :Clodsire:. This core checks most threats relatively well while not being weak to :Kyogre: or Toxic Spikes (which :Ting-Lu: unfortunately, is). Through many games, Oreo and I found that Tera Fairy :Ho-Oh: + :Ditto: is enough to stop most variants of :Koraidon: well enough. Finally, we paired CM + Taunt :Miraidon: and Tera Ghost EKiller :Arceus: as our cleaners of choice.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 7.41.50 PM.png

Brian May :Miraidon: is simply the greatest breaker in the tier. Almost nothing survives a +1 Draco Meteor, especially if :Miraidon: decides to Tera Dragon. :Miraidon: has virtually no long-term defensive checks, making him the perfect breaker of choice. Oreo and I tested Tera Dragon & Tera Fairy since Scale Shot :Koraidon: can still break through this team if it is a Substitute variant. Therefore, if you're willing to sacrifice the sheer breaking power of Tera Dragon CM :Miraidon:, you can run Tera Fairy for an improved matchup against opposing :Koraidon: & :Miraidon:.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 7.42.00 PM.png

Roger Taylor :Arceus: shines and smiles brightly like the star he is. :Arceus: is one of the best late-game sweepers in the tier. The fact that some ignoramus actually think its viability fell down with the inclusion of this DLC is laughable. Tera Ghost improves the EKiller :Arceus: mirror and forces :Koraidon: users to choose whether to click a Fighting-type move or Flare Blitz. Much like Roger Taylor, :Arceus: is also likely to steal yo girl and your ELO points!

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 7.42.07 PM.png

John Deacon :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: is somewhat dull, underrated, and underappreciated. Just kidding, :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: is this team's saving grace versus many HO teams that are equipped to deal with :Ditto:. Thanks to Trick Room & Weakness Policy, :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: becomes a terrifying late-game cleaner and sweeper. It can also take one boosted hit from :Zacian-Crowned: in case :Ho-Oh: +:Ditto: are knocked out.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 7.42.17 PM.png

Freddie Mercury :Ho-Oh: is eternal. Perhaps the most important defensive pivot in the entire tier, :Ho-Oh: provides a valuable switch-in to Koaidon and Zacian-C, provided they have not set-up. The EVs are so :Ho-Oh: can always OHKO :Koraidon: with Brave Bird. The interaction between the two is dicey at best since more experienced players can see a telegraphed Tera Fairy coming in and choose to click Flare Blitz. Luckily, the rest of our team is well-equipped to handle this scenario.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 7.42.25 PM.png

Jim Hutton :Clodsire: is meant to absorb the water aimed at Freddie (from powerful foes like :Kyogre:) and tank a few hits from opposing :Miraidon:. He can also set hazards in the form of Spikes and spread Toxic around. Tera Steel provides a one-time emergency out versus a boosted +1 CM :Miraidon:. All in all, a solid fellow that will thump ya if given the chance!

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 7.42.33 PM.png

Paul Prenter :Ditto: is simply an imposter. No, seriously, he will copy all your boosts and outspeed you, thanks to Choice Scarf. Best of all, his EVs & IVs are optimized to win a rare mirror match versus opposing :Ditto:. Paul Prenter was a leech to Freddie Mercury & I can't imagine :Ditto: being a more fitting choice to leech off opposing :Ho-Oh: Regenerator, staying healthy throughout the match vs Balance and Stall Teams. Versus opposing HO teams, set-up sweepers are greatly deterred from mindlessly clicking buttons unless they run Substitute.

Throughout our brief stint with DLC2 SV Ubers, this team rarely found itself having a truly difficult matchup. This was due to it being built to handle the vast majority of threats seen in the tier. The one mon that gives this team the most trouble is CM / DD :Arceus-Ground:. With the ability to defeat most mons on this build naturally, your best bet is to use :Ho-Oh: + :Ditto: wisely. Another key threat is Scale Shot :Koraidon:. Even with Tera Fairy :Ho-Oh: + :Ditto:, Koraidon can still break through if it has a Substitute up. Play carefully and try your best against that broken lizard. I've already made my thoughts about the metagame clear in this post. The current state of the tier is volatile, but Oreo and I created a masterpiece thanks to this volatility.

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 6.32.55 PM.png

To all the incredible players I had the pleasure of interacting with on ladder and in the Ubers room. In particular, thank you to Taka, corvere, Edgar, Fardin, Icemaster, byulharang, RichardMillePlain, PatheticAce, Jimothy Cool, and mencemeat.

To awyp for riveting discussions about the NBA, being an amazing bro, and helping facilitate the RMT forums on here.

To OreoSpeedruns for being an amazing friend and builder.

To Queen for being the GOAT in general. Long live Freddie Mercury!

Special shoutout to all the honest crackheads I know that are reading this. Verisimilitude trumps precaution, my dear friends.

You for reading allat.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)