Tournament BLT: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art by sirDonovan, Credit to Scene for the layout
Welcome to the semifinals of the Best Leaderboarders Tournament! The format of this tournament is simple: there will be 2 groups with 4 teams in each. Within each group, the four teams face each of the other three teams in their group once. After three weeks, the teams will be ranked (3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss). The top two teams advance from their groups, while the rest are eliminated. From here, the top 4 teams that advance will verse each other in single elimination format, for the semi-finals and then finals. Matches will be in standard Smogon ORAS tiers, so challenge your opponent in those. Obviously, play on PS. Series are best of one.

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments

• Sportsmanship: don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. The punishment for this could be a server ban (which means an instant loss for you), forum infraction or disqualification. Think before you type, please.

• Activity wins and scheduling: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS too. Unfortunately, I'll have to make some activity calls - I'll be making these based on activity posts (make these detailed, please, and explain why you deserve an activity win) and VM conversations, so be active and schedule as early as you can with your opponent. Use VMs and you will be fine. No extensions, sorry.

• Disconnections and timer: a timer loss is a loss. No ifs, no buts. If you disconnect and your opponent's nice enough to replay that's fine, but they're free to take the win.

• Ghosting and identity: don't take or give battle advice or make moves based on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught and you will be disqualified. Don't be silly.

• Substitutions: managers are free to sub in players for inactive ones at any stage of the tournament

Matchups! The format is Smogon name (PS name, if different):

Black Group
Humilau Huntails (Feliburn) - Anistar Aegislashes (TheEpicBro)
Humilau Huntails (2) vs. (5) Anistar Aegislashes

Ubers: BreloomMyHomie (TechSupportBreloom) vs. Valetta
OU: XtC BlakkOutZ vs. Genesis7
UU: Arifeen vs. Slate.
RU: Schaff vs. Scald
NU: Montsegur vs. AV99
LC: Anditeo vs. FlareonZ
Doubles OU: Silverwhiteblue vs. SupahGassy

White Group
Geosenge Garchomps (Jack Dalton) - Orebrugh Onixes (Jetpack)
Geosenge Garchomps (4) vs. (2) Oreburgh Onixes

Ubers: Wombology vs. Angeela
OU: IvoPost vs. ready2go202
UU: Vapo vs. naruto(sage)
RU: soTsoT vs. Imanalt
NU: iplaytennislol vs. mayomayo
LC: TerribleThomas vs. jeran
Doubles OU: unfixable vs. BattleFight (Battles123)

To the players: Remember to use the Indigo Plateau room to discuss everything about BLT and find your opponents! This week ends May 17th at 5:00 PM EST. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
tfw playing the huntails again

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ayy, welcome Mont and Schaff!

Last edited:

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Is there a reason we are playing the huntails again?

Uhh not to be rude, but what kind of semis are these? Shouldn't it be Winner of Group 1 vs second place of Group 2 and winner Group 2 vs second place of Group 1? Just my two cents.

Edit: Predictions
Ubers: BreloomMyHomie (TechSupportBreloom) vs. Valetta: TSB is a friend but I don't see Valetta losing twice.
OU: XtC BlakkOutZ vs. Genesis7 He was clutch in clinching semis and I don't see him losing.
UU: Arifeen vs. Slate. Beat both but I see LibLuc (gdi why name change slate) as the tougher opponent, no disrespect to Arifeem
RU: nuggetman vs. scald Home boy Scald has the upper hand here
NU: Hyuhyy vs. AV99 Great game here but I see Hyuh with the upper hand
LC: Anditeo vs. FlareonZ I don't care for speed ties and rolls tbh so I don't know who wins
Doubles OU: Silverwhiteblue vs. SupahGassy This guy is on a roll.

Ubers: Wombology vs. Angeela Ang is a friend but wombo outplayed last week
OU: IvoPost vs. ready2go202 Beat the luck and you'll win. Can't get lucky twice in a row
UU: Vapo vs. naruto(sage) I hate Vapo but he has a team that will win
RU: soTsoT vs. Imanalt Should be a good game tbh
NU: iplaytennislol vs. mayomayo come on now...
LC: TerribleThomas vs. jeran Still don't care about LC but still
Doubles OU: unfixable vs. BattleFight (Battles123) Should be yet another even matchup.

Last edited:
I kept it as the top two of each groups face off for the final time, so the winner of the Black Group and the winner of the White Group face off in the finals. No need to have a rehash of a match that happened in the group stages to happen in the finals, so it may as well happen here (the fact that these matches are the same as the last round is purely luck).

EDIT: It's already been posted and predictions have already been made so w/e can't change it now, sorry for the disappointment but I wanted to get a clear winner from both groups to face off in the finals, not risking the chance of having the same match again in the finals. I'd much rather that occur in the semis.

EDIT 2: Welp I was about to change the matchups until I realized someone finished their match, so they're staying the way they are.

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
But, this means that the placement in the groups was worth absolutely 0, the idea of qualifying via groups normally is that the higher in the group you qualify, the higher seed you are so to speak, and you face what is on paper(not trying to offend anybody here, just how the system works) a weaker team so you have more chance of advancing to the later rounds of a competition. For example the Aegislashes knew they were guaranteed to go through before r3 even started, but the incentive for them to finish top of the group was not only pride, but to get a better position to make it to the final. IDK this is a lot longer than I wanted it to be so I'll stop now and do some predicts:

Ubers: BreloomMyHomie (TechSupportBreloom) vs. Valetta
UU: Arifeen vs. LiberalLucario
RU: nuggetman vs. Scald
NU: Hyuhyy vs. AV99
LC: Anditeo vs. FlareonZ

thats it 4 the predicts and all .

SupahGassy : jiraichi is banned, thank you

I agree the layout for these semi's is weird and a bit unjust but

Ubers: BreloomMyHomie (TechSupportBreloom) vs. Valetta - Valetta to get haxed skilled again
UU: Arifeen vs. Slate.
RU: Schaff vs. scald - Scald don't get blown away
NU: Montsegur vs. AV99
LC: Anditeo vs. FlareonZ - Two buddies but Flare is a lord at LC

UU: Vapo vs. naruto(sage) - another good game pls guys
NU: iplaytennislol vs. mayomayo - still salty about week 1 so fuck mayo

I kept it as the top two of each groups face off for the final time, so the winner of the Black Group and the winner of the White Group face off in the finals. No need to have a rehash of a match that happened in the group stages to happen in the finals, so it may as well happen here (the fact that these matches are the same as the last round is purely luck).

EDIT: It's already been posted and predictions have already been made so w/e can't change it now, sorry for the disappointment but I wanted to get a clear winner from both groups to face off in the finals, not risking the chance of having the same match again in the finals. I'd much rather that occur in the semis.
So what you're saying is that if we delete the predictions you'll change the layout?

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
These aren't predictions; a more appropriate term would be "Prophetic Visions".

Ubers: BreloomMyHomie (TechSupportBreloom) vs. Valetta - It's theorized that Valetta simply cannot lose a match that no hax is present in.
OU: XtC BlakkOutZ vs. Genesis7 - Every night, he prays to praj.pran to win BLT, despite the mocking his father gives him.
UU: Arifeen vs. Slate. - He got a username change as he wanted to beat Arifeen with 2 names.
RU: Schaff vs. scald - Our most polite and courteous member shall take this.
NU: Montsegur vs. AV99 - The man brought the same team for ever single battle in the tour and has somehow still won with it.
LC: Anditeo vs. FlareonZ - Speed ties and hax blah blah blah
Doubles OU: Silverwhiteblue vs. SupahGassy - When he's not actively trying to quit, he's busy winning games.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
why the fuck was this not first of one group against 2nd of the other instead of doing rematches.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)