move 2: Seismic Toss
move 3: Soft-Boiled
move 4: Thunder Wave / Toxic / Stealth Rock
item: Heavy-Duty Boots
ability: Natural Cure
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Blissey is a strong pick for a wide array of teams thanks to its sky-high special bulk and access to Teleport. One of Teleport's main perks is its ability to safely bring teammates onto the field and allow Blissey to avoid being taken advantage of by Magic Guard users and Ghost-types. Seismic Toss is Blissey's main option to deal consistent damage. Thunder Wave cripples fast attackers like Alakazam, Dragapult, Venusaur, and Gengar, leaving them vulnerable to slower attackers like Urshifu-S and Kyurem. Toxic putting opposing pivots like Zeraora, Rotom-H, and Mandibuzz on a timer can be more beneficial on teams that can fight back against the aforementioned fast threats. Blissey can fill the role of a Stealth Rock setter if the team lacks one by other means, although at the cost of not being able to cripple key threats such as the aforementioned Dragapult and Venusaur. Aromatherapy can be used to remove status conditions from teammates that rely on being healthy like Urshifu-S, Volcarona, and Mandibuzz as well as Substitute users like Kyurem. Maximum investment into Defense is preferred to minimize damage taken from Psyshock and physical attacks. Heavy-Duty Boots in conjunction with Natural Cure helps keep Blissey healthy during the match.

Physically defensive Pokemon like Skarmory, Corviknight, and Clefable all like having Blissey covering their weakness to special wallbreakers like Choice Specs Dragapult, Magnezone, and non-Safeguard Volcarona; in return, they cover Blissey's weakness to strong physical attackers like Urshifu-S, Rillaboom, and Excadrill. Attackers with poor bulk or longevity like Alakazam, Zeraora, Dragapult, and Urshifu-S appreciate having Blissey as a pivot to help bring them onto the field safely. Blissey is often unable to deal with Ghost-types like Gengar and Magic Guard users like Alakazam and Reuniclus by itself, so fast or bulky Ghost- and Dark-types like Dragapult, Urshifu-S, and Mandibuzz are advisable teammates; the former also deals with Substitute users such as Kyurem and Gengar effectively.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[NotInMyChristanServer, 460861]]
- Quality checked by: [[curiosity, 443485], [[TPP, 260369]]
- Grammar checked by: [[deetah, 297659]]

Last edited:
[SET]
name: Teleport
move 1: Teleport
evs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD

Make this: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD. Realistically speaking, Hydreigon is never getting to +4 before Blissey can teleport so this spread is mostly useless.

[SET COMMENTS]
Blissey is a strong pick for a wide array of teams, from Bulky Offense, to Balance, to Stall thanks legit just leave this as "a wide array of teams" since all this is doing is making this even more clustered than it already is. to its sky high Special bulk, and access to Teleport, which allows it to safely pivoting into a teammate, now about that clutter; you don't need to explain shit that you can find on the smogdex since realistically you're assuming that your audience already has a general idea on basic functions (moves typings etc.) and if they don't, they can always search it up on the smogdex, so this is all really redundant as well as to avoid being taken advantage by its checks give examples here; there's no point mentioning checks if you don't give any idea as to what it beats. . Seismic Toss is the most reliable attack at Blissey's disposition, letting it fight back against Substitute users and Taunt. This isn't the primary reason you're running stoss; realistically, you're running stoss because it gives you consistent damage. Thunder Wave prevents Magic Guard users like Alakazam from using Blissey as setup fodder. Not quite accurate since reuni / clef still use you as setup fodder; you're mainly using this to cripple zam / dragapult / gengar to allow slower mons to revenge it. Toxic putting opposing pivots and attackers under a timer can be more beneficial on teams that can fight back against faster threats. again, what threats are we trying to target? Specifically mention that you're crippling pult / zera / rotom-h / etc. Blissey can fill the role as the team's Stealth Rock setter if it can't be fitted into the team by other means. 56 EVs into Special Defense are necessary to avoid getting 1HKOed by Life Orb Hydreigon's +4 Draco Meteor at full HP. The rest are invested into Defense to minimize damage taken from Psyshock and weaker don't think it's necessary to mention weaker physical attacks when blissey can stomach some pretty big hits when necessary physical attacks. Heavy-Duty Boots, in conjuction with Natural Cure, help assisting at keeping Blissey healthy during the match.

Clefable, Corviknight, Slowbro and Amoonguss remove the Slowbro mention and replace it with skarm + make skarm the first example all like having their weakness to strong Special Attackers like Volcarona blissey loses to this so it's not exactly the best option to have first; you can keep this mentioned but move the other examples before it and specify that you beat offensive volc sets, Hex Dragapult and Magnezone covered by Blissey, while attackers with poor longevity like Zeraora, Dragapult and Azumarill appreciate having Blissey as a pivot to help bringing them to the field safely. Other defensive pivots such as the aformentioned Clefable, Corviknight and Slowbro can form a pivoting core alongside Blissey, as they cover its weakness to strong physical attackers like Urshifu-S, Rillaboom, Excadrill and Hawlucha. make this more concise; I can think of a few ways to merge this with the previous point on defensive mons, so it really shouldn't be hard to merge them Blissey is often unable to deal with Ghost-types like Gengar and Magic Guard users like Alakazam and Reuniclus, so fast or bulky Ghost- and Dark-types like the aformentioned Dragapult and Urshifu-S, as well as Mandibuzz are advisable teammates.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[curiosity,443485], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Just for some general feedback - I feel like you're elaborating in all the wrong areas. I've mentioned this earlier, but it's unnecessary to elaborate on common knowledge (aka "anything you can find on the smogdex"); it doesn't help most audiences understand how a certain Pokemon functions, regardless of their experience. I believe that if you could elaborate on your points a bit more and deliver some of your points in a succinct manner, this could be a great analysis, since I found this to be quite a good read, especially for a second analysis.

I want to take another look at this, please tag me once you've implemented all of this.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Blissey is a strong pick for a wide array of teams, thanks to its sky high Special bulk, and access to Teleport, which allows it to avoid being taken advantage by its checks like Magic Guard users and Ghost-types. This sentence here is honestly just overly jarring; I really dislike how it changes topic mid-sentence so I'd definitely prefer it if you were to separate it into two. Seismic Toss is Blissey's main option to deal consistent damage. Thunder Wave cripples fast attackers like Alakazam, Dragapult and Gengar, leaving them vulnerable to slower attackers like Urshifu-S and Kyurem. Ok sorry I've decided to change my mind on this, it would be nice if you were to mention venu over pult for example since that's a significantly more important target and it slipped my mind while writing the last check. my bad :psygrump: Toxic putting opposing pivots like Zeraora, Rotom-H, and Mandibuzz under a timer can be more benefical on teams that can fight back against fast threats. Blissey can fill the role as the team's Stealth Rock setter if it can't be fitted into the team by other means. It would be nice if you were to talk about its shortcomings as a hazard setter here to explain why rocks is slashed last. Investment into Defense is preffered to minimize damage taken from Psyshock and physical attacks. Heavy-Duty Boots, in conjuction with Natural Cure, help assisting at keeping Blissey healthy during the match.

Skarmory, Clefable, Corviknight, and Amoonguss all like having their weakness to strong Special Attackers like Choice Specs Dragapult, Magnezone, and non-Safeguard Volcarona covered by Blissey, while they also cover Blissey's weakness to strong physical attackers like Urshifu-S, Excadrill, Hawlucha, and Rillaboom; some of them can form a pivoting core alongside Blissey. Attackers with poor longevity like Zeraora, Dragapult and Urshifu-S appreciate having Blissey as a pivot to help bringing them to the field safely. Blissey is often unable to deal with Ghost-types like Gengar and Magic Guard users like Alakazam and Reuniclus by itself, so fast or bulky Ghost- and Dark-types like the aformentioned Dragapult and Urshifu-S, as well as Mandibuzz are advisable teammates.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[curiosity, 443485], [username2, userid2]]

Looks good, QC 1/2

curiosity-QC-Jotaro.gif

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Blissey is a strong pick for a wide array of teams, thanks to its sky high Special bulk, and access to Teleport, which allows it to avoid being taken advantage by its checks like Magic Guard users and Ghost-types. This sentence here is honestly just overly jarring; I really dislike how it changes topic mid-sentence so I'd definitely prefer it if you were to separate it into two. Seismic Toss is Blissey's main option to deal consistent damage. Thunder Wave cripples fast attackers like Alakazam, Dragapult and Gengar, leaving them vulnerable to slower attackers like Urshifu-S and Kyurem. Ok sorry I've decided to change my mind on this, it would be nice if you were to mention venu over pult for example since that's a significantly more important target and it slipped my mind while writing the last check. my bad :psygrump: Toxic putting opposing pivots like Zeraora, Rotom-H, and Mandibuzz under a timer can be more benefical on teams that can fight back against fast threats. Blissey can fill the role as the team's Stealth Rock setter if it can't be fitted into the team by other means. It would be nice if you were to talk about its shortcomings as a hazard setter here to explain why rocks is slashed last. Investment into Defense is preffered to minimize damage taken from Psyshock and physical attacks. Heavy-Duty Boots, in conjuction with Natural Cure, help assisting at keeping Blissey healthy during the match.

Skarmory, Clefable, Corviknight, and Amoonguss all like having their weakness to strong Special Attackers like Choice Specs Dragapult, Magnezone, and non-Safeguard Volcarona covered by Blissey, while they also cover Blissey's weakness to strong physical attackers like Urshifu-S, Excadrill, Hawlucha, and Rillaboom; some of them can form a pivoting core alongside Blissey. Attackers with poor longevity like Zeraora, Dragapult and Urshifu-S appreciate having Blissey as a pivot to help bringing them to the field safely. Blissey is often unable to deal with Ghost-types like Gengar and Magic Guard users like Alakazam and Reuniclus by itself, so fast or bulky Ghost- and Dark-types like the aformentioned Dragapult and Urshifu-S, as well as Mandibuzz are advisable teammates.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[curiosity, 443485], [username2, userid2]]

Looks good, QC 1/2

View attachment 271866
Implemented, and ready to go

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
One of Teleport's main perks is avoiding being taken advantage by its checks, like Magic Guard users and Ghost-types.
I think this sentence should mention how Teleport allows Blissey to safely bring in offensive teammates.
Skarmory, Clefable, Corviknight, and Amoonguss all like having their weakness to strong Special Attackers like Choice Specs Dragapult, Magnezone, and non-Safeguard Volcarona covered by Blissey, while they also cover Blissey's weakness to strong physical attackers like Urshifu-S, Excadrill, Hawlucha, and Rillaboom; some of them can form a pivoting core alongside Blissey.
I think this sentence is too long and could be simplified a bit. You could start off by telling us what kind of defensive walls/pivots (physically inclined in this case) appreciate Blissey and then mention what Blissey does for them. The 2nd sentence would be they check in return for Blissey.

Attackers with poor longevity like Zeraora, Dragapult and Urshifu-S appreciate having Blissey as a pivot to help bringing them to the field safely.
I think "poor longevity" should be reworded to something like poor bulk because Zeraora and Dragapult are usually able to stay healthy all game because of Heavy-Duty Boots. Teleport in particular is great at bringing in pokemon like Alakazam, who has such little bulk that it's hard to bring in frequently. Alternatively, you could reword the sentence to something like "Teleport allows Blissey to safely bring in offensive mons that lack bulk or recover, such as Alakazam, Urshifu Dragapult, and Zeraora."
Blissey is often unable to deal with Ghost-types like Gengar and Magic Guard users like Alakazam and Reuniclus by itself, so fast or bulky Ghost- and Dark-types like the aformentioned Dragapult and Urshifu-S, as well as Mandibuzz are advisable teammates.
I think you could add in a third sentence that highlights Dragapult specifically because it deals with Substitute users such as Gengar, Kyurem and sometimes opposing Dragapult. Dragapult having Infiltrator makes it perfect to deal with those threats, that otherwise require 2 turns to force out.

Let me know once you've implemented this.

I think this sentence should mention how Teleport allows Blissey to safely bring in offensive teammates.

I think this sentence is too long and could be simplified a bit. You could start off by telling us what kind of defensive walls/pivots (physically inclined in this case) appreciate Blissey and then mention what Blissey does for them. The 2nd sentence would be they check in return for Blissey.

I think "poor longevity" should be reworded to something like poor bulk because Zeraora and Dragapult are usually able to stay healthy all game because of Heavy-Duty Boots. Teleport in particular is great at bringing in pokemon like Alakazam, who has such little bulk that it's hard to bring in frequently. Alternatively, you could reword the sentence to something like "Teleport allows Blissey to safely bring in offensive mons that lack bulk or recover, such as Alakazam, Urshifu Dragapult, and Zeraora."

I think you could add in a third sentence that highlights Dragapult specifically because it deals with Substitute users such as Gengar, Kyurem and sometimes opposing Dragapult. Dragapult having Infiltrator makes it perfect to deal with those threats, that otherwise require 2 turns to force out.

Let me know once you've implemented this.
Implemented, although the second point quite confused me a bit cuz I swear I used physically bulky walls and pivots as examples :psyduck:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Implemented, although the second point quite confused me a bit cuz I swear I used physically bulky walls and pivots as examples :psyduck:
The examples are good and fine. I was just saying you should give that group a label before providing examples. "Physically defensive mons like Skarmory and Clefable" is an easy way to tell the readers how the examples are related.
safely bringing attackers into the field
I'm gonna nitpick a little, but I think "attackers" is too vague. You can either go with "teammates" or "offensive teammates."

Good work QC 2/2

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Amcheck
Add (AC=Add comma)
Remove (RC=Remove comma)
Comments

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Blissey is a strong pick for a wide array of teams,(RC) thanks to its sky high Special sky-high special bulk,(RC) and access to Teleport. One of Teleport's main perks is safely bringing teammates into the field,(RC) as well as avoiding allowing Blissey to avoid being taken advantage of by Magic Guard users and Ghost-types. Seismic Toss is Blissey's main option to deal consistent damage. Thunder Wave cripples fast attackers like Alakazam, Dragapult, Venusaur,(AC) and Gengar, leaving them vulnerable to slower attackers like Urshifu-S and Kyurem. Toxic putting opposing pivots like Zeraora, Rotom-H, and Mandibuzz under on a timer can be more benefical beneficial on teams that can fight back against the aforementioned fast threats. Blissey can fill the role of the team's Stealth Rock setter if it can't be fitted into the team lacks one (subjective change, but it flows better in my opinion) by other means, although at the cost of not being able to cripple key threats such as the aformentioned aforementioned Dragapult and Venusaur. Investment into Defense Maximum Defense investment (more specific) is preffered preferred to minimize damage taken from Psyshock and physical attacks. Heavy-Duty Boots,(RC) in conjuction in conjunction with Natural Cure,(RC) help assisting at keeping helps keep Blissey healthy during the match.

Physically defensive pokémon Pokemon like Skarmory, Corviknight, and Clefable all like having Blissey covering their weakness to special wallbreakers like Choice Specs Dragapult, Magnezone, and non-Safeguard Volcarona; In return, they cover Blissey's weakness to strong physical attackers like Urshifu-S, Rillaboom, and Excadrill. Attackers with poor bulk or longevity like Alakazam, Zeraora, Dragapult, and Urshifu-S appreciate having Blissey as a pivot to help bringing them to the field safely. Blissey is often unable to deal with Ghost-types like Gengar and Magic Guard users like Alakazam and Reuniclus by itself, so fast or bulky Ghost- and Dark-types like the aformentioned aforementioned Dragapult and Urshifu-S, as well as Mandibuzz are advisable teammates; the former also deals effectively with Substitute users such as Kyurem and Gengar.

[CREDITS]

Amcheck
Add (AC=Add comma)
Remove (RC=Remove comma)
Comments

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Blissey is a strong pick for a wide array of teams,(RC) thanks to its sky high Special sky-high special bulk,(RC) and access to Teleport. One of Teleport's main perks is safely bringing teammates into the field,(RC) as well as avoiding allowing Blissey to avoid being taken advantage of by Magic Guard users and Ghost-types. Seismic Toss is Blissey's main option to deal consistent damage. Thunder Wave cripples fast attackers like Alakazam, Dragapult, Venusaur,(AC) and Gengar, leaving them vulnerable to slower attackers like Urshifu-S and Kyurem. Toxic putting opposing pivots like Zeraora, Rotom-H, and Mandibuzz under on a timer can be more benefical beneficial on teams that can fight back against the aforementioned fast threats. Blissey can fill the role of the team's Stealth Rock setter if it can't be fitted into the team lacks one (subjective change, but it flows better in my opinion) by other means, although at the cost of not being able to cripple key threats such as the aformentioned aforementioned Dragapult and Venusaur. Investment into Defense Maximum Defense investment (more specific) is preffered preferred to minimize damage taken from Psyshock and physical attacks. Heavy-Duty Boots,(RC) in conjuction in conjunction with Natural Cure,(RC) help assisting at keeping helps keep Blissey healthy during the match.

Physically defensive pokémon Pokemon like Skarmory, Corviknight, and Clefable all like having Blissey covering their weakness to special wallbreakers like Choice Specs Dragapult, Magnezone, and non-Safeguard Volcarona; In return, they cover Blissey's weakness to strong physical attackers like Urshifu-S, Rillaboom, and Excadrill. Attackers with poor bulk or longevity like Alakazam, Zeraora, Dragapult, and Urshifu-S appreciate having Blissey as a pivot to help bringing them to the field safely. Blissey is often unable to deal with Ghost-types like Gengar and Magic Guard users like Alakazam and Reuniclus by itself, so fast or bulky Ghost- and Dark-types like the aformentioned aforementioned Dragapult and Urshifu-S, as well as Mandibuzz are advisable teammates; the former also deals effectively with Substitute users such as Kyurem and Gengar.

[CREDITS]
Implemented, waiting for last check
EDIT: Added mention to Aromatherapy

Last edited:

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (RC) = Remove Comma
Make sure to be cautious when implementing changes and that you get every one. Follow the reply method of implementation shown at https://spo.ink/gpvideo.

GP 1/1

garchompstamp.gif

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Blissey is a strong pick for a wide array of teams thanks to its sky-high special (Lowercase) bulk and access to Teleport. One of Teleport's main perks is its ability to safely bringing bring teammates into onto the field, (RC) as well as allowing and allow Blissey to avoid being taken advantage of by Magic Guard users and Ghost-types. Seismic Toss is Blissey's main option to deal consistent damage. Thunder Wave cripples fast attackers like Alakazam, Dragapult, Venusaur, and Gengar, leaving them vulnerable to slower attackers like Urshifu-S and Kyurem. Toxic putting opposing pivots like Zeraora, Rotom-H, and Mandibuzz on a timer can be more beneficial on teams that can fight back against the aforementioned fast threats. Blissey can fill the role of the a Stealth Rock setter if the team lacks one by other means, although at the cost of not being able to cripple key threats such as the aformentioned aforementioned Dragapult and Venusaur. Aromatherapy can be used to remove status conditions from teammates that rely on being healthy like Urshifu-S, Volcarona, and Mandibuzz, (RC) and Subtitute as well as Substitute users like Kyurem. Maximun Maximum investment into Defense is preferred to minimize damage taken from Psyshock and physical attacks. Heavy-Duty Boots in conjuction conjunction with Natural Cure, (RC) help assisting at keeping helps keep Blissey healthy during the match.

Physically defensive Pokemon like Skarmory, Corviknight, and Clefable all like having Blissey covering their weakness to special wallbreakers like Choice Specs Dragapult, Magnezone, and non-Safeguard Volcarona; In in return, they cover Blissey's weakness to strong physical attackers like Urshifu-S, Rillaboom, and Excadrill. Attackers with poor bulk or longevity like Alakazam, Zeraora, Dragapult, and Urshifu-S appreciate having Blissey as a pivot to help bringing bring them onto the field safely. Blissey is often unable to deal with Ghost-types like Gengar and Magic Guard users like Alakazam and Reuniclus by itself, so fast or bulky Ghost- and Dark-types like the aforementioned Dragapult and Urshifu-S, as well as Dragapult, Urshifu-S, and Mandibuzz are advisable teammates; the former also deals effectively with Substitute users such as Kyurem and Gengar effectively.

[CREDITS]

Add Remove Comments (RC) = Remove Comma
Make sure to be cautious when implementing changes and that you get every one. Follow the reply method of implementation shown at https://spo.ink/gpvideo.

GP 1/1

View attachment 272840

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Blissey is a strong pick for a wide array of teams thanks to its sky-high special (Lowercase) bulk and access to Teleport. One of Teleport's main perks is its ability to safely bringing bring teammates into onto the field, (RC) as well as allowing and allow Blissey to avoid being taken advantage of by Magic Guard users and Ghost-types. Seismic Toss is Blissey's main option to deal consistent damage. Thunder Wave cripples fast attackers like Alakazam, Dragapult, Venusaur, and Gengar, leaving them vulnerable to slower attackers like Urshifu-S and Kyurem. Toxic putting opposing pivots like Zeraora, Rotom-H, and Mandibuzz on a timer can be more beneficial on teams that can fight back against the aforementioned fast threats. Blissey can fill the role of the a Stealth Rock setter if the team lacks one by other means, although at the cost of not being able to cripple key threats such as the aformentioned aforementioned Dragapult and Venusaur. Aromatherapy can be used to remove status conditions from teammates that rely on being healthy like Urshifu-S, Volcarona, and Mandibuzz, (RC) and Subtitute as well as Substitute users like Kyurem. Maximun Maximum investment into Defense is preferred to minimize damage taken from Psyshock and physical attacks. Heavy-Duty Boots in conjuction conjunction with Natural Cure, (RC) help assisting at keeping helps keep Blissey healthy during the match.

Physically defensive Pokemon like Skarmory, Corviknight, and Clefable all like having Blissey covering their weakness to special wallbreakers like Choice Specs Dragapult, Magnezone, and non-Safeguard Volcarona; In in return, they cover Blissey's weakness to strong physical attackers like Urshifu-S, Rillaboom, and Excadrill. Attackers with poor bulk or longevity like Alakazam, Zeraora, Dragapult, and Urshifu-S appreciate having Blissey as a pivot to help bringing bring them onto the field safely. Blissey is often unable to deal with Ghost-types like Gengar and Magic Guard users like Alakazam and Reuniclus by itself, so fast or bulky Ghost- and Dark-types like the aforementioned Dragapult and Urshifu-S, as well as Dragapult, Urshifu-S, and Mandibuzz are advisable teammates; the former also deals effectively with Substitute users such as Kyurem and Gengar effectively.

[CREDITS]
Implemented; this analysis is finished and ready to upload

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)