Blissey (Fast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blissey

Credits to Reverb, or whoever else, if I'm mistaken, for making this set.

name: Fast
move 1: Flamethrower
move 2: Softboiled
move 3: Seismic Toss
move 4: Toxic / Thunder Wave
item: Leftovers
nature: Bold
ability: Natural Cure
evs: 48 HP / 252 Def / 116 SpA / 92 Spe

Why This Set Deserves To Be On-Site:

- Fits reasonably well in Balanced teams and somewhat in Bulky Offense
teams that, for some reason, might need a multi-purpose special wall.

- Can also be used in Stall teams to either stop Volt-Turn chains with Scizor, preventing Forretress to stop spinning, or Skarmory and Ferrothorn setting up Spikes at you.

- Lures in Scizor, Forretress, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn and either OHKO or 2HKO them. Though, the assistance of Stealth Rock is necessary.

- It also beats almost every Chlorophyll sweepers. If they are a mixed set, they will do heavy damage, but likely won't take down Blissey.

- Able to spread status while maintaining a certain degree of offensive presence.

- Flamethrower also helps out against threats such as Breloom as well as breaking Gengar's Substitutes. Be wary of Disable, however. Mamoswine also takes a respectful amount of damage by Flamethrower.

Additional Comments:

- Fire Blast can be used over Flamethrower. It secures KO's on things such as Specially Defensive Forretress (Sturdy blocks the OHKO, unfortunately), Scizor, and 2HKO on Skarmory and Ferrothorn, provided Rain is up. It also has a high chance of taking down 4 HP Breloom after Stealth Rock and hits Mamoswine harder. It is, however, slightly inaccurate and a miss can be fatal; even game-breaking.

- Ice Beam is another option. It hits Dragonite, Gliscor, Landorus, and still hits Breloom hard, if not KO, in some cases. But you lose coverage against the aforementioned Steel-types, which is quite unfortunate. It still breaks Gengar's Substitute, but again, Disable can ruin you at times. If you do plan on using Ice Beam, you should drop all the speed and stick 60 Special Attack for guaranteed KO on Landorus after Stealth Rock.

- Thunder Wave or Toxic is a matter of personal preference or what your team needs. Thunder Wave stops fast sweepers such as Terrakion, Lucario, and Virizion, as well as many other sweepers such as Tornadus and Rotom-w. Toxic, on the other hand, cripples walls and also deters some sweepers to sweep as poison will eventually kill them off. Keep in mind, however, if you run Thunder-Wave, you will always lose to Volcarona.

- Stealth Rock is also a decent alternative if you team lacks it and can be used over one of the status moves. Losing status and losing to Volcarona is unfortunate, sometimes not even worth it.

- With Thunder Wave, Wish over Softboiled can work. It is very unreliable for obvious reasons, however.

- 116 Special Attacks assures you faint Standard Choice Band Scizor after Stealth Rock with Flamethrower while 92 Speed hits 169, a number that Scizor usually don't go over unless it is Choice Scarf. 252 Defense along with a Bold nature gives Blissey optimal defensive capabilities as otherwise, it is annihilated by physical attacks—even very weak ones. Rest in put into HP.

Checks and Teammates:

- Bulky Offense teams with Pokemon that are commonly revenge killed by Choice Scarfers such as Dragonite appreciates certain threats such as Choice Scarf Terrakion paralyzed. Or others such as Terrakion who likes either having threats such as Tornadus paralyzed or defensive walls such as Slowbro, Tangrowth, or Donphan poisoned.

- In Balanced teams, Blissey can form a core with physical walls and can deal with special sweepers and remove steels from laying down hazards. Heatran is problematic, though.

- Speaking of physical walls, Gliscor or Skarmory are excellent candidates. Gliscor walls many fighting-types while Skarmory can form the infamous Skarm-Bliss combo along side Skarmory and can set down Spikes and Whirlwind. Other physical walls work, too.

- Blissey can break down Volt Turn by walling Celebi and Rotom-w, while removing Scizor from play with Flamethrower—making Blissey a effective Volt Turn breaker. Landorus isn't beaten by Blissey, though.

- The same Pokemon besides some steel types still beat Blissey. Terrakion and Lucario just have to be wary of status, as without it, Blissey will be beaten. Conkeldurr enjoys status through Guts and can set up Bulk Up on it. Toxicroak is immune to Toxic and can KO Blissey. Breloom has to be careful of Flamethrower, otherwise, it shuts down Blissey. Trick removes Leftovers and makes Blissey only use one moves, making it less effective.

- Heatran is very troublesome, being able to beat Blissey one-on-one (if it's specially defensive) and can set up Stealth Rock.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I personally dislike this set for what its being used for. I have no problem with Blissey running speed, a few top players do to get the jump on key threats. However I don't particularly like the amount of speed and special attack you are using, especially as it comes out of blisseys bulk which means that stuff like Specs Toed, Rotom W under Rain, Volcarona, Virizion, OTR Reuniclus, in fact, pretty much every high powered special attacker with a fighting move is going to approach a 2KO after Stealth Rock or a little bit of prior damage.

More to the point, I don't like this Blissey being used on bulky offence teams especially when your not running Wish support on this set, and when you factor in that Blissey can be such a momentum killer on offensive teams, since it can provide quite a few free switches for certain pokemon, which might prove to be distasteful for some offensive teams.

I don't "hate" the set, and have nothing against Blissey running a fast EV spread or something like that being mentioned in the analysis but I do dislike the large amount of bulk that you are losing, as well as the fact that you seem to be pushing it on more offensive teams than its usually found on and stuff.

Anyway that's just my personal opinion so take that with a grain of salt

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
AC mention in the standard set is probably good enough, IMO. It doesn't play hugely different to any of the other Blissey set on-site at the moment.

- It also beats almost every Chlorophyll sweepers. If they are a mixed set, they will do heavy damage, but likely won't take down Blissey.
I know you said "almost", but Sawsbuck doesn't care at all about Blissey, nor does SD Tangrowth or Venusaur.

I feel like SD Tangrowth is more than uncommon enough. And does anyone run SD Venusaur? It looks like you'd rather run Growth to keep them guessing.

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
Fire Blast should really be the main option over Flamethrower, as you are sacrificing bulk needlessly. The 15% chance that it will miss is hardly game changing, it would only affect a small minority of matches, whereas the loss in bulk will affect all your matches.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
why does blissey need to be fast

also why does it need to have that much satk

also why does it need to die to things it shouldn't

QC Rejected (1/3)

p.s.: the set is named fast but at some point you suggest dropping all the speed so you can ko something :<

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
An AC mention would suffice. The set's actual viability, in addition to its negative feedback, doesn't help its case at all.

QC Rejected [2/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)