SV OU Blastoise Hits #32 on Ladder (1906)

Recently peaked 1900 on the ladder with a very unique team that I wanted to share
I used very underrated mons and sets in the OU tier
This team has a different style from other teams and destroys defensive teams easily

Anyways let me show you how the team works

Proof of peak:
Screenshot (798).png

Team pokepaste

250px-0497Serperior.png

Serperior @ Light Clay
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Light Screen
- Reflect

This team was mainly built around Serperior after getting destroyed on ladder by this set, I knew it was secretly op.
Rather uncommon, screens is a viable playstyle but Alolan Ninetails has to be the worst setter .
Ninetails struggles to do anything besides setup Screens and its obvious on team preview,
Serperior on the other hand clicks Glare and flips the matchup on many mons for your team. Last move is Leaf Storm because thats its only move after Glare
Tera Ghost is for Zamazenta

250px-1020Gouging_Fire.png

Gouging Fire @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis

Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Atk / 104 Def / 16 SpD / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Breaking Swipe
- Morning Sun

Gouging Fire is the best mon in the tier right now. You can get so many wins with this guy on team preview.
Alot of teams arent prepared and Teras will be changed when they are. I use Tera Poison to beat Gliscor but it loses to Earth Power Landorus-T.
Other tera options can be
Flying to beat Landorus or Ghost for Body Press Tusk/Zamazenta. I'll be surprised if Gouging Fire makes it through the ban

250px-0905Enamorus.png

Enamorus @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary

Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Tera Blast
- Superpower
- Taunt

This team isnt carried just by Gouging Fire, Enamorous is just as good if not better. Physical Enamorous should be the default for this mon.
Its only stab move is Play Rough but its utility is insane. You will sweep alot of teams if they arent prepared for it.
Super power spikes your Attack and Defense like crazy, Tera Ground is for Gholdengo and Raging Bolt.
And taunt to stop any defensive mons from using Iron Defense or Recovering. Ever see a physical attacker scare a Skarmory?

009.png

Blastoise @ White Herb
Ability: Torrent

Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Shell Smash

Yes you are seeing that correctly. A blastoise in OU?
Trust me this mon puts in more work than 50% of mons in OU. I knew I needed hazard removal, but none of the OU ones fit my team
Cinderace can only click 2 buttons, Tidy up mons are frail and every rapid spinner is a sitting duck trying to rapid spin on ghost types
I was skeptic at first to try it but its potential is insane. With Hydro Pump + Ice beam its practically the Iron Bundle of OU
Its also obscenely bulky making Shell Smashes very free, and you keep those stats with a White Herb
With Rapid spin you can still support Gouging Fire and Enamorous so they dont have to run Boots
This mon is never a sitting duck and your opponent will always be scared of it setting up
Tera Ground is also for Raging Bolt

250px-0472Gliscor.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Hea
l
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 240 HP / 12 Atk / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Agility

"I used the stall to beat the stall"
Double Dance Gliscor is a sweeper and your gateway to safe switches
It servers as a toxic orber and a late game sweeper. Most people think Gliscor spams toxic but it can also use Swords Dance
Agility is to out speed Encore users, and Facade for its high bp. I use Tera Water for its best defensive typing against everything.
Ghost and Dragon will be better at dealing with body press stuff or Ogerpon.
EVS can be fluctuated to be full PHYS DEF if wanted

Ogerpon_CornerstoneMaskForm_480x480 (2).png

Ogerpon-Cornerstone (F) @ Cornerstone Mask
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Speaking of Ogerpon, Ogerpon is the goat of this team and I'm not talking about the Water one.
Ogerpon Cornerstone is a complete other beast
Iron boulder hits like paper compared to Ogerpon Cornerstone and no team is prepared for it
No defensive steel types in the tier will resist Ivy Cudgule and this move is not balanced
Power whip is another illegal move this mon has. Horn leech is terrible and lets it be walled
With everyone running tera dragon for Ogerpon-Wellspring, its rock version is near unstoppable
Swords dance lets it create pressure so easily and can turn sweeps quickly
I unironically put Quick attack on this for cleanup as I hate Ribombee clicking stun spore
I've gotten some wins just because of it. It sounds goofy but its the Battle Spot Singles tech
But Low kick and Knock off is amazing for coverage, tho I didnt find enough Steel types in my climb to swap out
It also has the best ability a revenge killer could ask for.
Ogerpon lets it revenge kill almost all threats with rapid spin support

This team is played around creating as much pressure as possible but functions differently from other hyper offense teams. I hate running
suicide lead HOs because heavy duty boots are still broken and makes it 5v6 especially against Stall or Balance who spam boots. But this team feeds on defensive teams, I never lost a game to stall or balance on my climb and this team can easily adapt its tera and moves if they want to counter it.
I'm very proud of this team and hope to shine light that you dont need OU mons to have a good team. I have 1 NU and 2 mons on the verge of dropping to UU. Cornerstone and Blastoise can be viable in OU and can compete with the best of OU

Threat list:

excadrill.gif
Pop its balloon and its fine, Tera Ghost Balloon walls Gliscor

zamazenta.gif
Becomes instantly useless once its glared, Tera Serp if you need to. Swap one of your other Teras to Ghost if he becomes a big issue

landorus-therian.gif
All Landorus' are starting to run Earth Power so Breaking Swipe wont affect it. Tera Flying is viable but it will be prone to Poison

Replay examples:

Wins:

OgerponStall
Veil
Weird Trickroom
Quick Attack stops sweep
Gliscor VS Stall
Ogerpon %
Orgerpon vs Sun %
Enamorous + Gliscor endgame

Losses:

Me realizing Excadrill walls my Gliscor
AV Samurott cooks my Blastoise

Attachments

This team is dope! I really appreciate how creative you are in dealing with metagame threats. It’s super easy to get locked into a linear way of building, but thinking outside of the box to use blastoise as removal while also threatening the ability to set up with shell smash is so cool. Great work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)