Bisharp

After using this guy on PO a few times, I can very happily say that he's been raping some teams. Choice Band is what I used, and it can hurt a lot of things with X-Scissor/Brick Break/Night Slash/Stone Edge. Its sweep is usually abruptly ended when something faster comes in, although I've yet to try Choice Scarf. It's a very good revenge killer nonetheless, and having paralysis support really helps this guy.

Okay, so on a whim, I have come up with this set. I was trying to use him for a lead/supporter with sucker punch and stealth rock, but it turns out that that's illegal. So in trying to fill up his set, I've come up with this.

TormentZan
Kirikizan @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive Spirit
252hp/128def/128spe Impish/Jolly
~Torment
~Substitute
~Stealth Rock/Sucker Punch
~Pursuit/Taunt

Modeled after Tormentran, I figured that he might be able to pull it off? Idk I never played OU much, and this is untested. The four moves in the last two slots can be used interchangeably, that's just how I wrote them. If someone could test/criticize/modify this set that would be awesome.

After using this guy on PO a few times, I can very happily say that he's been raping some teams. Choice Band is what I used, and it can hurt a lot of things with X-Scissor/Brick Break/Night Slash/Stone Edge. Its sweep is usually abruptly ended when something faster comes in, although I've yet to try Choice Scarf. It's a very good revenge killer nonetheless, and having paralysis support really helps this guy.
Good to here! I was hoping he would be able to hold his own on the battle field!

I'm excited for Red Ranger. I got a little peeved after looking at its speed and movepool, but it's nice that it can apparently hold its own weight, at least. I see it becoming mid-tier UU, which would/will be awesome!

I really like this pokemon design-wise, and to be honest he doesn't look THAT bad seeing as he has a(imo) decent(Albeit predictable) movepool, it gets what it needs, STAB Priority and Rock Polish to get around the mediocre speed stat, good coverage moves in Brick Break(Especially when paired with Dark STAB), Iron Head and Stone Edge. It looks viable in UU. Although its movepool can definitely use some new moves most notably Bullet Punch, Drill Liner/Earthquake, Ice Punch and perhaps some other filler moves to give it more variety in its movepool. Other than what I predict would be its standard consisting of:

Sucker Punch/Night Slash
Brick Break
Stone Edge/Iron Head
Rock Polish/Iron Head

One partner I see that can work great for it is Mismagius, as she is immune to Kirikizan's Fighting and Ground weaknesses, and Kirikizan 4x resists her Dark and Ghost weaknesses, Gengar also works in the higher tiers for the exact same reasons, and Kirikizan is even immune to its Psychic weakness(A rare attacking type, but better than nothing)

I'm raising one In-game now for competitive use,and it seems pretty decent.Planning a Swords Dance set with Night Slash/Brick Break/Psycho Cut. Why isn't Psycho Cut used on any of the sets?I doubt we'd have dark types switching in to a Dark/Steel Pokemon and Psycho Cut provides great coverage with Dark/Fighting.

Psycho Cut is not compatible with Sucker Punch, his best STAB option. The fact that I see people in this thread running Swords Dance, and Choice Band sets without it is really puzzling to me. Without the priority of Sucker Punch to bypass his middling speed (excluding Rock Polish sets), he's outclassed by so many Pokemon.

Psychic, especially without STAB is not a fantastic option in standard play either. It is however his best bet to hit numerous Fighting types switching in, hoping to Mach Punch this fellow.

Psycho Cut is not compatible with Sucker Punch, his best STAB option. The fact that I see people in this thread running Swords Dance, and Choice Band sets without it is really puzzling to me. Without the priority of Sucker Punch to bypass his middling speed (excluding Rock Polish sets), he's outclassed by so many Pokemon.

Psychic, especially without STAB is not a fantastic option in standard play either. It is however his best bet to hit numerous Fighting types switching in, hoping to Mach Punch this fellow.
What are you talking about? Spinda gets Psycho Cut as an Egg move and Sucker Punch as a level up move.

Edit: Considering you have to choose between Stone Edge, Psycho Cut, Iron Head, and Pursuit once you go with Sucker Punch and Brick Break, Psycho Cut really isn't a bad idea.

I initially doubted Kirikizan and my hopes were dashed, but after using the Ankle Sweep set I'm pretty happy with him. Of course things could be better, but for now he's not so bad at all. He reminds me of Absol in some ways.

Is there any benefit of running jolly instead of adamant kirikizan?
Or the latter provide some useful K.O the the former cannot achive? i'm asking this cause i've been wanting to use a rock polish set since it get decent coverage and for a r-polish his speed isn't that bad actually...

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Is there any benefit of running jolly instead of adamant kirikizan?
Or the latter provide some useful K.O the the former cannot achive? i'm asking this cause i've been wanting to use a rock polish set since it get decent coverage and for a r-polish his speed isn't that bad actually...
I'd say that if you are running Rock Polish, you may want to go with Adamant anyways, because after the RP you're going to be outspeeding everything that isn't scarfed.

I don't see why use Iron Head with such poor coverage, and the lead set cn do fine with SR/Pursuit/Night Slash/BB; also, any use for Psycho Cut?

I don't see why use Iron Head with such poor coverage, and the lead set cn do fine with SR/Pursuit/Night Slash/BB; also, any use for Psycho Cut?
Because of egg moves restrictions, and shallow movepool, if you pay attention the only stealth rock parent is a Gen IV Infernape, and it doesn't get pursuit, so they are impossible together. The reason to use iron head, is more of a filler than anything.
@nastyjungle: yeah, thanks i also realized that.

i've been running :
Kirikizan
adamant-competitive spirit
life orb

Pursuit
sucker punch/ night slash
ankle sweep/brick break
t-wave

Usually switch in some of his resistances, and threaten the foe's poke, it depends heavily from predict, as i can trap psychic or ghost and the ones that are faster i can simple sucker punch them.
Or i can try to scout and cripple the foe counter, the thing is the vast majority of them are ground types, making t-wave useless, or are slow anyways so no ankle sweep for me. :/
i also miss a reliable Stab move sometimes. But i think kiri, can find a useful niche.It remembers me a lot Skuntank.

I got a sort of idea for a set, as a lead:
Item:Focus Sash/Leftovers/Chople Berry(The fighting one)
Nature: Sassy
Evs: Hp-200 Atk-56 Sp.D-252
Moves:
Stealth Rock
'Status Move' (Thunderwave)
Metal Burst
Dark move (Pursuit maybe)

The point it set up rocks and proceed to wall the opponent. Because of his already high atk and def the majority of EV's go into his weaker HP and Sp.D
Hopefully these EV's can give it some extra bulk.
The nature is to boost the Sp.D and because of T-Wave speed isnt needed as much.
I Haven't tested or done any calcs yet, so if someone thinks this is viable could they test it, and maybe help with the EV's and moveset.

Toxicroak seems like the perfect counter to this guy.

resists all his moves bar psycho cut. and toxi can just fire off a vacuum wave before he psychos him anyway.

This guy is just mach punch bait. It's too slow, and not bulky enough. As for metal sound great idea! [/sarcasm] However, Protoman does come in two variations: Red and Blue. Excellent Sprite!

I can only see this used for revenge killing, nothing else. BL at best. at very best. I would hope people would be smart enough to switch in a ghost type when a mach puncher is sent in. *cough*gengar*cough*

Swords Dance/Sucker Punch/Night Slash/Brick Break? What about Psycho Cut and Stone Edge?
Also, is a lead set with SR/Night Slash/Brick Break/filler valid?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)