BioShock

Not one to generally get excited by PC games, I have been drawn into this game.
It seems unique (although following the idea of System Shock, apparently) and it offers a decent storyline.

I've pre-ordered the limited edition pack without a decent enough PC to run it (not enough RAM to meet even the minimum requirements) but hopefully I'll fulfill my plans of getting an iMac within the next couple of weeks.

Has anyone played it? How does it run on your respective systems?

In the past 2 days I've heard such hype about the game, I'm tempted to try it. If it proves entertaining on my friend's 360, I'll buy it for PC.

Just finished the demo. I was extremely impressed. The fighting is like the first person view fighting in Oblivion IV. The graphics are extremely good and the voice acting isn't bad.

Got this game at midnight, so far it's freaking amazing.

Probably one of the best games I've ever played on 360 or any system.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The hype for this game on a forum I go to is woooooooaahhhh. I tried the demo, seemed interesting. I might pick it up when it drops in price and I have more time for it.

Released too close to Metroid Prime 3 =(

I tried to play the demo and it kind of, uh. Wouldn't work. On lowest settings. There was all this black shit everywhere and I couldn't see where I was going in the water (it is water, right? Because it sure as hell didn't look like it). >_>

I do want it, though, and I'm going to be upgrading my computer soon, soo...

this game is THE SHIT. i told myself i would only play for a couple of hours and 16 hours later here i am. one of the best games i have ever played. the only thing i didn't like was the plot twist near the end, it was kind of gay.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just posting to say i finished this game just now, and it was absolutely incredible. expect a review soon! =)

posting to say I keep putting this game off and I think I'll finally pick it up tomorrow as well as some naughty magazines for steelicks

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
yep i played the demo for 360 a few days ago and it is awesome, one of the few games nowadays that i actually got excited about :) i can't wait to move into my new house, my housemate has a 360!

I played it. And for those of you who didn't know: there are two endings. You get the different endings depending on whether you harvested the little sisters, or saved them. If you are too lazy to play it a second time you can always find the endings on youtube.

I have to say that it is an amazing game and I wish they make a second one. I also wish that they had included some form of multiplayer. IMO it is much better than Halo in graphics, gameplay, and storyline. But then again, Halo is built mainly around multiplayer.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I finished this a couple of weeks back and yes, it is freakin' amazing and everyone (over 17) should play it. Amazing atmosphere and the way the story told is exactly how I like it. Reminded me of the Metroid Prime games, but with a creepier atmosphere.

old but i don't want to start a new thread.

anyways, i've gotten pretty far and so far i have to say that all of this hype is really well deserved. it is easily the best game i have played so far on my 360. better than halo, better than assassin's creed, it's amazing. i told myself i would rent it because it didn't have any replay value, but now that i've played it i can find myself playing it over and over again.

sander cohen is funny :)

Well Assassin's creed is a completely different type of game. I thought Bioshock was really good. The atmosphere, lighting, and shading were absolutely amazing, and the gameplay was just as good. If you find all the audio diaries then the story is much more enjoyable too.

Assassin's creed was very good too, but I found it a bit repetitive. They are making another one though so they will most likely fix that. Also the enemy AI was pretty retarded which made the game feel too easy.

being a different type of game doesn't nullify a comparison of fun between the two games. the one thing i don't like about the audio diaries is that its easy to miss some, which i probably did. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)