National Dex Big stall HO (Stall Team)

Which Mon on my team would it suck the most to play against?

• Total voters
What a confusing title.

Anyways, the team is here:
have fub (pokepast.es)

I'm not exactly a good ladder player, but this team got me into mid ladder for the first time, and I want to elaborate on this.

1. Building
2. Roles
3. Replays

PART 1: THE BUILDING

Ok, it be SV OU, and I just started playing showdown on a regular basis. I still suck. This is December 2022. I started playing stall the month after, and I never saw success with it. Recovery nerfs, Moveset nerfs, everything nerfs (And me being a bad player). And they say smogon loves stall. (They do, but gamefreak hates it). So, I enter the territory of national dex. I slowly use differing teams, and I use a few stall teams along the way. I decide to make another team, a stall team that will work better than any other. I start from scratch.

:Lopunny-Mega:

Every stall team needs to run it or Sabeleye as a mega, or run HippoSkarm. I decide against using the latter two, as Lopunny is more consistent. I run healing wish, which has won me a few games. The replay is gone.

:Gholdengo: :Lopunny-Mega: This is the core. Ironically the only mons capable of dealing damage on a stall team.

I start with the string cheese man himself. He can block defog, and we'll be boots spam anyways, and I decide he has a scarf for shock value. It end up synergizing well with the stall squad. I add offensive EV's and I start to get fond of this guy. He's who I'll build around.

:Gholdengo: :Lopunny-Mega: :Toxapex:

Toxapex is added, as it helps spread burn on threats like Kingambit, hazes, and walls the crap outta everything. Toxapex runs Tspikes to add to the hazard influence of the team, which synergises well with Gholdengo.

:Gholdengo: :Lopunny-Mega: :Toxapex: :Blissey:

The team needs a special wall, so Blissey comes into play. I choose it over chansey because it can hold boots. Boots is everything for this team. It runs Stealth rock and counter, while having aromatherapy and soft-boiled. Counter forces progress in a burst, but not having SToss means blissey is more of a sitting duck. I may sometimes switch rocks for toxic.

:Gholdengo: :Lopunny-Mega: :Toxapex: :Blissey: :Clefable:

Stall needs a not aware pokemon. Quagsire is outclassed by clodsire, and I don't like clodsire competitively. but see this competitive analysis analysis. I go for clefable due to utility, and access to fblast to hit kingambit by surprise if toxapex is down. Tera water is the go to. I run toxic since I need to spread status.

:Gholdengo: :Lopunny-Mega: :Toxapex: :Blissey: :Clefable: :Dondozo:

The team still struggles with setup, so I run dondozo to eliminate all setup sweepers. True, all of the physical walls on the team are now waters, but it's the wild west with tera.

Part 2: Roles

satan (Toxapex) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Spreads burn fishing with scald, hazes against gambit, and runs tspikes to put pressure on the opponent. The Tera Dark is to stop future sight strategies, as tapu lele's fsight makes a deadly combo with physical attackers, and although a rare choice, this is far better than tera dragon, which is lame.

egg (Blissey) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Counter
- Aromatherapy

Aromatherapy is to minimise the effect of burn, para and toxic on the team, which can cripple it. I might want to switch it for a more offensive move, as some mons are immune to toxic, and dozo has restalk, but we'll look at the advice.

string cheese man (Gholdengo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Trick
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball

An offensive, max spatk, scarf gholdengo is to cripple stallbreakers, and deal massive damage on stallbreakers. I think Nasty plot dengo is too situational, and this seems to work on the team. Psychic is solely for hitting tusk, which always seems to stay in to headlong rush, which is our bait. The set is purely for removing defoggers and tusk.

ur mom (Dondozo) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Curse
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall

Standard restalk set, it's a physical version of blissey basically. The set is the only "Wincon" mon, and I use it to win games if the matchup is particularly favourable for it.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Healing Wish
- Close Combat
- U-turn

The pivot set has great mixed synergy with gholdengo, having all weaknesses covered by it. It runs healing wish to be of use late game, and to turn the tide of matchups and whatnot, healing a low ally for the cost of momentum.

Clefable @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

The set is designed to beat things like kingambit, hence focus blast, and other setup sweepers. Traditional sets don't work well for the team, to cover the weaknesses, as kingambit sweeps if pex is down.

Part 3: Replays

Replays - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)