Best Stats Receiver

What Is The Best Stats Receiver

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Medicham is better than Lucario because with 1 Agilty (or 2 Speed Boosts from Ninjask), an Adamant Medicham with max speed can outspeed nearly everything in the game. Besides CS Weaviles which aren't very popular. So now, Medicham has Adamant, it will definetely 2HKO Dusknoir.

The only problem now is Phazers and Hazers. So I think the best solution is to give Medicham Baton Pass in place of one of the elemental punches and when it sees a Phazer/Hazer, it can Baton Pass to Octillery who can keep the Speed Boosts and continue sweeping.

You know how ingame and when you play noobs with hacked pokemon, they never use roar/whirlwind/haze or anything to remove your stat boosts. So now I am wondering, who would be the best stat receiver regardless if they will be phazed or not since ingame, the computer always attacks full on and doesn't use much support moves. Same as noobs.

You know how ingame and when you play noobs with hacked pokemon, they never use roar/whirlwind/haze or anything to remove your stat boosts. So now I am wondering, who would be the best stat receiver regardless if they will be phazed or not since ingame, the computer always attacks full on and doesn't use much support moves. Same as noobs.
pikachu.
does it matter? with pikachu you'll never be phazed anyway and since you have 6+spd 6+spA and light ball you can say lol at every non ground type

or rattata and get stab quick attack =.=

silly question if phazing/hazing wasnt concerned

I remember when there was a thread once discussing stat passing to Simple Bibarel but most people had negative opinions. Someone said that Bibarel's stats are too low and even if it did get stats passed over, it would have been a waste.

What I'm saying is that without a Speed boost Medicham is not hitting a Scarf Heracross first, and Heracross will just KO with Megahorn before Medicham gets a chance to hit it, Lucario can still hit Scarfcross with ExtremeSpeed and do decent damage. While its not a OHKO, not even a 2HKO, Lucario will still be doing damage if something got desperate, if Medicham doesn't have more Speed than Heracross, its not going to touch it.

Hypothetical situation:
+6 Attack Lucario vs Scarf Heracross
Lucario is slower but uses ExtremeSpeed to OHKO

+6 Attack Medicham vs Scarf Heracross
Heracross is faster and uses Megahorn to KO
That's a pretty flawed example, as Lucario or Medicham will never be passed +6 attack without at least three speed boosts to go along with it, so Lucario is superior to Medicham in a situation that will never occur.

And for the record, Adamant CB Ratatta does 107.31% - 126.25% to Heracross with Quick Attack, too, given that it's passed +6 attack. Should we start using Rattata over Medicham?

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I remember when there was a thread once discussing stat passing to Simple Bibarel but most people had negative opinions. Someone said that Bibarel's stats are too low and even if it did get stats passed over, it would have been a waste.
Okay, suppose I decide to pass an Agility and a Swords Dance to Garchomp and to Bibarel (assuming both Pokemon's EVs are 252 Atk, 252 Speed and they both have a Jolly nature).

Stats after passing for Garchomp: Attack: 718, Speed: 666.
Stats after passing for Bibarel: Attack: 807, Speed: 795.

Who cares if the stats are initially too low if they're multiplied by 3 instead of by 2 when it is passed the stat boosts?

I'd say Marowak.

I made a passing team on Shoddy;
Ninjask
Vaporeon
Gorebyss
Smeargle
Marowak
Hypno

Start with Ninjask, using Agility over the usual Swords Dance. After 2 turns you have +6 speed. Pass to Vaporeon, Sub up and Acid Armor 3 times, Sub again if necessary, Wish, then pass to Gorebyss. Amnesia 3 times, Aqua Ring, Sub again if necessary, and pass back to Vaporeon. Wish, then pass to Smeargle. Spore if you want, then Belly Drum and pass to Marowak.

Marowak @ Thick Club
+6 Attack
+6 Defense
+6 Sp. Defense
+6 Speed
Aqua Ring recovery

I wasn't even able to see if the defense boosts would've meant anything, since he OHKO'd everything. Was still a fun battle. :P

His opponent must have been using Magikarps with Splash, that above combo is extremely fragile. If one person dies, you're screwed.

Try something more realistic.

I vote for Rampardos. It's a madman with a couple speed boosts.

Medicham also, I got 6-0'd by one because it got 2 speed boosts and a belly drum. I was careless...

I'd say Marowak.

I made a passing team on Shoddy;
Ninjask
Vaporeon
Gorebyss
Smeargle
Marowak
Hypno

Start with Ninjask, using Agility over the usual Swords Dance. After 2 turns you have +6 speed. Pass to Vaporeon, Sub up and Acid Armor 3 times, Sub again if necessary, Wish, then pass to Gorebyss. Amnesia 3 times, Aqua Ring, Sub again if necessary, and pass back to Vaporeon. Wish, then pass to Smeargle. Spore if you want, then Belly Drum and pass to Marowak.

Marowak @ Thick Club
+6 Attack
+6 Defense
+6 Sp. Defense
+6 Speed
Aqua Ring recovery

I wasn't even able to see if the defense boosts would've meant anything, since he OHKO'd everything. Was still a fun battle. :P
With my two teams...

My hail team response is that I switch to Walrein on your ninjask, and then roar you out.

My more standard team is to use taunt on Crobat to prevent any baton passing.

A "super standard" team would switch to Skarmory as soon as Ninjask came out, and then it would continuously spam whirlwind.

-----------

The best thing I've seen was an Umbreon who baton passed Mean Look to Ninjask (After a yawn) and then began setting up. That way, you're forced to sit and do nothing as your pokemon sleeps. Granted, I predicted a toxic and switched to my tentacruel before getting royally screwed over by a baton-pass spore belly drum pinch berry agiliy smeargle >_>

Lucario. Purely because it can utilise any boost given to it due to its typing and stats. I passed a sub and a cm to a life orber with vacuum wave via celebi, and it literally won me the match single handedly.

I like sing marowak, because it can swords dance on its own for easy setup. All you have to do is pass it some speed.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
The other day I switched Gliscor into some banded Close Combat. Rock Polish on the switch, passed to Life Orb TTar (who took insignificant damage from what I assume was HP Ice), and swept an entire decent team 6-0. Crunch/Stone Edge/Fire Blast/Ice Beam TTar is so fucking broken lol. I basically OHKOed all of my foes. Fire Blast on Forretress was lol.

@Experimental: I have a feeling that you're just full of it, since your opponent must have been using a special attacking shuckle to let you set that up.

Shuckle with passed stockpiles (and a high hp sub) = unbeatable wall!

edit: a bit more detail...

Shuckle@Leftovers
Gyro Ball
Knock Off (or rest)
Stealth Rock
Toxic

(0 IVs in speed and a -speed nature)

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
That's a pretty flawed example, as Lucario or Medicham will never be passed +6 attack without at least three speed boosts to go along with it, so Lucario is superior to Medicham in a situation that will never occur.

And for the record, Adamant CB Ratatta does 107.31% - 126.25% to Heracross with Quick Attack, too, given that it's passed +6 attack. Should we start using Rattata over Medicham?
I actually beg to differ, that is not flawed at all. If you know me and some of my teams the first Belly Drum pass from Smeargle may not have worked due to the opponent (p)hazing, killing the receiver, etc. Things don't work perfectly, but I give my Smeargle a second chance due to a Wish pass from Vaporeon or other Wisher. If I do that I lose the Salac boost, but I still gain +6 Attack, something you said will never happen. It does happen and saying insignificant shit like its "a situation that will never occur" isn't the right way to go about things, this is Pokemon, anything can happen. And what if we replaced that same situation with an attack boost from a Swords Dance passer, the same exact thing happens, Lucario can beat things faster than it while Medicham CANNOT.

+6 in every stat is not always passed, just things like +2 attack, +2 speed, are all very common, any Pokemon with +6 in everything will rape a team, you need to think beyond the standard BP team if you want to pass things.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
Shuckle with passed stockpiles (and a high hp sub) = unbeatable wall!

edit: a bit more detail...

Shuckle@Leftovers
Gyro Ball
Knock Off (or rest)
Stealth Rock
Toxic

(0 IVs in speed and a -speed nature)
"Let's give something with a million defense and 3 attack two attacking moves and no healing moves, and make sure that it has no way to hurt steels at all."

A better set would be along the lines of...

Rest
Encore
Toxic
Knock Off

In either case, Shuckle blows unless you get lucky or something.

@: Zerowing: If your opponent has seen the Smeargle and shown that he is capable of stopping your Belly Drum once, I assume that he would know what the Wish would entail and switch in an appropriate counter. EVEN if you were able to successfully get off a second Belly Drum, how would the Heracross switch in? If it switches in on a sacrifice, that implies that you Medicham had already killed something. EVEN if the Heracross manages to switch in on the pass (if it switches in on the Belly Drum, Lucario would be no better off than Medicham), what's stopping you from passing +6 Attack to a Gliscor or something similar? You stated yourself that through Wishpassing you can effortlessly pull of another Belly Drum, so you can always pass the Drum sometime later in the battle. I would say that Lucario is hardly better than Medicham even in the example you set up to showcase Extremespeed.

It seems Octillery is leading the Poll. Is it because it has Suction Cups. I see it can be walled by any special wall. Unless it has Waterfall...

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Relicanth needs more love.
+2Spd +2Atk and it'll pwn stuff with STAB, no recoil Head Smash and Waterfall.

"Let's give something with a million defense and 3 attack two attacking moves and no healing moves, and make sure that it has no way to hurt steels at all."

A better set would be along the lines of...

Rest
Encore
Toxic
Knock Off

In either case, Shuckle blows unless you get lucky or something.

um power trick anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)