SV RU Bellibolt fans - I've got what you need (1552 ELO, peak #16 on Ladder)

Edit: Going to clean up my presentation for this RMT to make Bellibolt more appealing to the people who want a more Balanced Offense team in the RU HO-Heavy meta!

Proof of peak and paste of team:
1702401672211.png

https://pokepast.es/96734deb436fbe15
Win-Loss ratio of 58/21, although a handful of those losses were in the early stages when I was testing team options to help fit :bellibolt:
Team:
:sv/bellibolt:
Bellibolt @ Leftovers
Ability: Electromorphosis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Volt Switch

Bellibolt, as the title suggests, is a core member of this Balanced team in that you're really going to sit on stuff that otherwise poses problems for the team. My original idea was to use Parabolic Charge over Volt Switch as my main STAB and as an extra recovery option, but having the option to slow-pivot against stuff like :slither wing: and :cyclizar: that are likely to U-Turn against you is super helpful to get your other more offfensive options in the game.

:sv/cyclizar:
Cyclizar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 208 HP / 48 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn

Cyclizar is the best spinner in RU right now and I prefer to run HDB over AV so I can get the most out of Regenerator. With the extra Atk EV's, Cyclizar can do enough damage against stuff like :Quagsire: and :Vaporeon: with Knock Off to then U-Turn out into something that can revenge it nicely, while also posing problems for stuff like Maushold with Tera Ghost.

:sv/decidueye-hisui:
Decidueye-Hisui @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Scrappy
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Triple Arrows

As the biggest Decidueye-Hisui truther in RU right now, I believe this mon is woefully underrated and fits perfectly onto teams as your check to both Stall teams and some of the bulkier Waters and Grounds like :Hippowdon: and :Milotic:. While you always run the risk of getting Scald burned with a physical attacker, the high critical hit rate with Leaf Blade and Triple Arrows is sure to give you a chance to break through regardless, with Roost providing extra longevity and Sucker Punch getting free kills on unsuspecting opponents.

:sv/iron jugulis:
Iron Jugulis @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Hurricane
- Taunt

Iron Jugulis is likely to get banned soon, but while in the tier it's one of the best mid-game cleaners around. The idea for this team is to use Iron Jugulis to chip bulkier opponents down to enable Yanmega to then clean up late, with Taunt helping prevent :vaporeon: and :chansey: from sitting on it too comfortably.

:sv/tinkaton:
Tinkaton @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gigaton Hammer
- Play Rough
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

I like the combination of Play Rough and Thunder Wave on Tinkaton more than Knock Off and Encore to give me answers to stuff like :slither wing: and :maushold:. While Thunder Wave isn't great into stuff like :hippowdon: that likely switch into it, Tinkaton still routinely gets off a free paralysis on things and can then setup Stealth Rock. Rocky Helmet is a great option, though Leftovers for recovery is typically preferred, because it lets you chip stuff that you expect to U-Turn out... or Population Bomb.

:sv/yanmega:
Yanmega @ Throat Spray
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Protect
- Tera Blast

Yanmega is arguably my favorite mon going right now as it can cheese its way through teams using the classic Tera Ground Protect / Air Slash / Bug Buzz / Tera Blast set. Nothing special with the EV's other than retaining Modest for maximum damage, though you will occasionally run into issues against :iron jugulis: and :maushold: where they outspeed at +1 if you can only get one Protect off against them. This mon requires some mind games in situations and Protect is always a good click to scout for opposing Tera's.​

To begin, I'll break down all three phases of the game (early, mid and late) to give insight into how the team functions and what to look for in certain matchups:

Early Game:
Using team preview, I scout for several main threats to this team - :iron jugulis:, :yanmega:, and :revavroom: mostly. :maushold: and Rain teams are also problematic, though neither are immediate dangers.

Iron Jugulis and Yanmega are common options on many team types, though both excel in HO typically. While they both fit similar roles as breakers, they pack so much immediate speed and power that you can't go wrong using them together, which I do on this team as well. Revavroom, meanwhile, is a problem given my only option to really stop it once it gets going is to outplay it with Yanmega or get a good Thunder Wave on it using Tinkaton before it sets up, though neither are great options due to it using Air Balloon and Tera Ground often enough. :maushold: isn't as threatening with a Rocky Helmet Steel type on the team, though Cyclizar may have to burn the Tera Ghost if you don't play the situation well early or need Tinkaton to break certain things. Rain losing :barraskewda: makes it far less potent, but don't let it fool you because there are still plenty of problems weather can pose for you.
Other threats to be considerate of are :fezandipiti: and :magnezone:, given both switch into most of the team well and Magnezone can trap Tinkaton early to get an advantage. I don't have an immediate counter to a Calm Mind Fezandipiti other than Tinkaton, so conserve your Tink if you don't want to risk getting Toxic Chain spammed to death.

To talk about the actual early game, I typically lead Tinkaton, Decidueye-Hisui or Bellibolt, depending on what I feel they'll lead. All three are solid options, though :decidueye-hisui: is very valuable in many games given it can check so many things that the rest of the team struggles with, so try to avoid this if possible. If I can get an early Stealth Rock up against teams with any type of obvious weakness, I tend to do so even at the expense of losing Tinkaton to a mon such as :slither wing: or :magnezone:. While most of my early game is dictated on the opponent and how they respond to my team, I try to conserve health on my :iron jugulis: and :yanmega: as much as possible, so take caution to not get them in unless you get a golden opportunity (such as getting the Bug Buzz + Throat Spray to activate on a free revenge kill). Bellibolt is great at getting Toxic spread to some of the stuff that would otherwise want to switch in on it (:hippowdon: and :donphan: mainly). This requires a bit of mind games with your opponent as they likely have some type of Steel or Poison type to eat the Toxic, but don't worry too much about health on Bellibolt as it can Slack Off on a lot of things in the mid game.

Once I get a few of my problems chipped down, I move into the mid game where it becomes important to play hazard control and spread status as much as possible. Bellibolt wants to stick around until the end, but Tinkaton is worth losing if you can get Stealth Rocks plus a Thunder Wave or two off on stuff that might eat a Toxic. Cyclizar is also pivotal early to get Knock Off's into stuff like :talonflame: and :hippowdon:, to free up your late game cleaners.

Mid Game:
Once I get to the point where I feel comfortable using either of my cleaners (Iron Jugulis and Yanmega), I tend to think I'm in the mid game and start to hit my opponent hard with one of them. While both options feel redundant at first, using one to break stuff in the mid game and keeping the other to finish late typically works well for me, so I advise you to take the same approach where applicable with this team. Stuff like :hippowdon:, :donphan:, :milotic: and :quagsire: should be pretty weakened at this point, so using :decidueye-hisui: and :iron jugulis: is my typical approach to clear the way through this portion. I often dislike Taunt on Iron Jugulis, but it is nice to have given the abundance of recovery options available.

Having likely lost my Tinkaton and Cyclizar at this time (:cyclizar: being sacrificed to remove hazards happens around this time), pivoting around efficiently with :decidueye-hisui: and :bellibolt: becomes incredibly important to wear down teams. Both are great at recovering health and sitting on things that don't have much to hit them back, so Roost and Slack Off are definitely going to be low on PP by the end of the match. I've had several games where either of these two have won due to PP stall late or Triple Arrow shenanigans paying off, especially coupled with Thunder Wave on Tinkaton, so games that run long are actually in your favor more often than not despite the HO core in the back.

Late Game:
Once you've gotten to the point of wearing down what you needed to let stuff like :yanmega: run loose, you've reached the late game. Some teams opt to run multiple Special Defense options due to the abundance of powerful sweepers, so getting Knock Off on things with Assault Vest (:cyclizar:, :muk-alola: and the rare :magnezone:) pay huge dividends here. Even stuff like :florges: and :goodra: can pose problems to the late game, but Bellibolt is your guy in this regard; spread Toxic and sit on them while they wait to slowly die, or force a Tera and abuse their new weaknesses (Tera Poison weak to Tera Ground Yanmega, Tera Steel weak to Decidueye-Hisui, etc.)

Spamming Yanmega Air Slash and Bug Buzz into fatter teams late feels good, and the option to use Tera Blast with or without your Tera is nice in situations where something resists Bug and Flying, such as Revavroom. While getting flinches with Air Slash is always an option, you should definitely take damage where possible as the 95% Accuracy listed on Air Slash feels much worse and the 30% flinch rate only hits when it doesn't matter.

I tend to preserve Decidueye-Hisui for late game situations largely because of Sucker Punch enabling me to not get so greedy with my Yanmega, especially as a missed Air Slash hurts you more than losing your sweeper in a lot of cases. Many Psychic types, such as :azelf: and :armarouge: also tend to feel they can take advantage of Decidueye-Hisui, though Sucker Punch does big damage to both and often gets you a free kill into stuff like :zoroark-hisui: as well. This thing has been pivotal in getting me wins with both teams I've posted now and is a favorite of mine as a mon that just lives forever and hits everything hard.

Bellibolt is the star of the show in the late game sometimes, too, as it can really abuse the Toxic / Protect / Slack Off moveset to break things that otherwise don't hit it hard enough back. Even a well timed Volt Switch into Yanmega purely to buy extra turns with Toxic is great as Yanmega can also Protect to stall a turn and get the Speed Boost, so this particular core works well if you're facing something too bulky to otherwise break.

Things to Note:
While Bellibolt isn't a great mon in a lot of cases, I believe this team highlights the capacity it has to play a very defensive role that a lot of teams just struggle to break. Tera Flying is hardly used but provides multiple opportunites to take advantage of stuff like Choice Band :krookodile:, :lycanroc: or :tyranitar: while also generally annoying things like :slither wing: and :lucario:.
Cyclizar is easy to slap on any team and this set is pretty standard, though I do suggest not preserving it too long as you ought to keep it around just to spin hazards and remove items to enable the rest of the team.
Decidueye-Hisui is something I've been preaching as a woefully underrated mon both offensively and defensively, as it has great bulk, hits hard with two of the best STAB's in the tier, has access to recovery and gets priority to hit stuff that otherwise checks it. Please use this mon more as it being in NU is surprising to me given how perfectly it fits the tier.
Iron Jugulis is another easy to fit mon on any team type, and I like Taunt in this instance as I tend to use this mon in the mid game more than the late. I frequently switch out and lose my Booster Energy boost to keep this thing around as a lot of what it does is stop fat mons from spreading Wish and recovering enough to not get swept late.
Tinkaton is my ideal hazard setter and paralysis spammer, as Encore just doesn't have as much value to me and I enjoy keeping both STAB options available to break things like Fez and Iron Jugulis, where applicable.
Yanmega is a bit reliant on predictions and other mons but was the core of my previous RMT; while it still fills the late game role here, I don't often get to just clean games like the other team allowed because I tend to prioritize stopping bulkier teams from wearing me down. It still fits well as a breaker and I try to keep it as my Tera Captain, but I don't rely on it because a lot of stuff just checks it too well and you shouldn't play games with the intention to just spam Tera Blast late using this team.

Calcs:
:bellibolt:
252+ Atk Slither Wing Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Bellibolt: 175-207 (41.4 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Bellibolt: 240-284 (56.8 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Bellibolt: 179-212 (42.4 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Bellibolt: 257-304 (60.9 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Bellibolt: 186-222 (44 - 52.6%) -- 19.9% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery

:cyclizar:
84 SpA Fezandipiti Moonblast vs. 208 HP / 0 SpD Cyclizar: 242-288 (72.6 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 208 HP / 0 Def Cyclizar: 169-199 (50.7 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252+ Atk Choice Band Slither Wing U-turn vs. 208 HP / 0 Def Cyclizar: 276-325 (82.8 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:decidueye-hisui:
240+ Atk Decidueye-Hisui Triple Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Krookodile: 348-410 (105.1 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Krookodile Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Decidueye-Hisui: 294-346 (77.3 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240+ Atk Decidueye-Hisui Triple Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 390-458 (138.7 - 162.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Decidueye-Hisui: 274-324 (72.1 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240+ Atk Decidueye-Hisui Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Fezandipiti: 85-101 (22.4 - 26.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
84 SpA Fezandipiti Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Decidueye-Hisui: 180-212 (47.3 - 55.7%) -- 78.9% chance to 2HKO
240+ Atk Decidueye-Hisui Triple Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 258-306 (91.8 - 108.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Decidueye-Hisui: 225-265 (59.2 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240+ Atk Decidueye-Hisui Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zoroark-Hisui: 226-268 (90 - 106.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Zoroark-Hisui Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Decidueye-Hisui: 298-352 (78.4 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:iron jugulis:
252 SpA Iron Jugulis Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 153-180 (36.4 - 42.8%) -- 96.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Iron Jugulis Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vaporeon: 178-211 (38.3 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Iron Jugulis Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic: 142-168 (36 - 42.6%) -- 94.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Iron Jugulis Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 108+ SpD Tinkaton: 148-176 (39.5 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Iron Jugulis Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Maushold: 217-256 (75 - 88.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Iron Jugulis Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tera Ground Yanmega: 271-321 (86.5 - 102.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

:tinkaton:
0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tinkaton: 294-348 (78.8 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
8 Atk Mold Breaker Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Fezandipiti: 324-384 (85.4 - 101.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
8 Atk Mold Breaker Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 330-390 (131.4 - 155.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tinkaton: 316-372 (84.7 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:yanmega:
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yanmega: 165-195 (52.7 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yanmega: 187-220 (59.7 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Yanmega Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Maushold: 282-333 (97.5 - 115.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Yanmega Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Revavroom: 129-152 (42.8 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Revavroom Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yanmega: 229-271 (73.1 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Yanmega Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic: 184-217 (46.7 - 55%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Yanmega Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 198-234 (47.1 - 55.7%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Yanmega Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Quagsire: 211-249 (53.5 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)