Resource Battle Stadium Singles Regulation E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
0 Atk Goodra-Hisui Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Enamorus: 182-216 (122.1 - 144.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So for goodra h, you don't really need female. Like if someone trained one and it happens to be male, imo this remote optimization isn't worth telling them to train a new one because... A) Enamorus is incredibly uncommon b) it rarely runs sash and c) therian is only overcoat(which is ofc better than cute charm anyhow.)

If this is wrong I'm sorry, but I think cute charm optimization isn't important here.

Time to flood a new thread with meticulous update information maybe lol:

HERE WE GO.gif

:chien-pao: Chien-Pao (Reg D Update):
  • Updated Tera Type ordering and move slashes to better reflect recent trends.
  • Move Bullet Updates:
    • Sucker Punch and Crunch are now a combined "vs" bullet. This choice has been the case for awhile, since many sets will drop one (usually Crunch) in order to have better overall coverage.
    • Throat Chop is now an "Other Options" bullet.
    • Ice Shard is now a standalone bullet, though it still references Sucker Punch for comparison purposes.
  • Added Tera Grass as a Focus Sash Tera type.
  • Updated matchup references as necessary for Reg D.
  • Miscellaneous flavor text changes.

Onto the next ruin! This time its bowl goat.

:ting-lu: Ting-Lu (Reg D Update):

All changes below are for the "Stealth Rock Support" set. The "Assault Vest" set remains unchanged except for a small grammatical/phrasing fix.
    • Ruination no longer has other slashes. Its sitting at over 90% usage and has been Ting-Lu's go-to for consistent damage for awhile now. Its essentially mandatory on any support set.
    • Protect is now slashed in. This is a high ladder trend, particular as it relates to Ting-Lu + Toxapex cores.
  • Move Bullet Updates:
    • Fissure is now an "Other Options" bullet.
    • Added Protect bullet.
  • Tera Grass has been removed. Tera Water has been rewritten slightly for Reg D trends.
  • Replaced secondary Leftovers EV Spread with standard spread from S8. They were very similar in nature. Even without Protect, Dragonite's CB Outrage is still very rarely a 2HKO.

I've recently been researching and playing with Ting-Lu + Pex, so Toxapex is getting some love:

:toxapex: Toxapex (Reg D Update):
  • Adjusted move slashes, Tera types and natures. Slashes have been condensed considerably based on HOME usage and report data. The two most popular sets both use Toxic, Recover and Haze, with a fourth move choice between Liquidation and Toxic Spikes being the difference between them. Because Liquidation is also the most popular offensive move right now, natures have been changed to reflect that.
  • Updated various matchup references for Reg D.
  • Move Bullet Updates:
    • Toxic and Toxic Spikes have been separated into different bullets. They are frequently ran together, so it isn't appropriate for them to be a "versus" bullet anymore.
    • Removed Sludge Bomb from "Other Options." Poison Jab is now more common, but without data to know what it does, I chose to hold off on adding it as a replacement.
  • Updated Tera Type ordering and made minor description changes. I chose not to remove any of them, but I did imply that Tera Flying was not common. Removing Toxapex's Ground-type weakness is also an important aspect of Tera for it, so that has been added to the Tera Fairy and Tera Grass descriptions as well.
  • Added Rocky Helmet to Items section.

Here's another one of those things that just refuses to die, both in-game and in terms of usage numbers:

:scizor: Scizor (Reg D Update):
  • Moved Swords Dance set to the top of the list as the most used. Swords Dance sits at roughly 60% usage, so its most used by a sizable margin.
  • Updated various matchup references for Reg D.
  • Added "Slow U-turn" bullet to "Minor Optimizations" for both sets. Players have started running a Speed IV of 27 to underspeed Chesnaught. No, that is not a joke.
  • Added Tera Dark as a Tera Type to both sets. This is used as a way to soften Ghost-type attacks and boost Thief, and is supported by multiple reports.
  • "Swords Dance" set:
    • Adjusted move slashes and Tera types. U-turn is standard now even on Swords Dance sets.
    • Added and designated new main EV spread. Based this off of seeing it on at least three reports. Essentially a small variation on the Mimikyu spread except now you can use Sitrus Berry to always survive two of Modest Gholdengo's Shadow Balls.
    • Move Bullet Updates:
      • Slight rewrite of U-turn bullet. As mentioned above, U-turn is standard now, so while it is kind of an "alternate playstyle" it didn't sound right to treat as something Scizor only uses occasionally.
      • Removed Quick Attack from "Other Options." Simply not supported by data anymore.
    • Removed Tera Fire, Tera Normal and Tera Fighting from "Tera Types."
  • "Pivot" set:
    • First off, is this the best name for this set now, since both sets are technically "pivots" now? Either way, I couldn't think of a satisfactory thing to rename it, so I left it for now.
    • Removed Tera Fire from "Tera Types."
    • Added new Assault Vest EV spread. I only saw it on one report but, seeing as there are no AV-specific spreads right now, I figured it would be good to add.

Last edited:

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus

- Removed Power Gem on third slash
- Added Substitute on third slash
- Rearranged Tera Types to match with home stats because lets be real Water should NOT be last
- Removed Normal, Fire, and Ghost from the set but kept them on the analysis because while they are viable Fairy and Water are eons better

didn't do anything to charm because I haven't used it enough to comment

Time to flood a new thread with meticulous update information maybe lol:

View attachment 541711

:chien-pao: Chien-Pao (Reg D Update):
  • Move Bullet Updates:
    • Sucker Punch and Crunch are now a combined "vs" bullet. This choice has been the case for awhile, since many sets will drop one (usually Crunch) in order to have better overall coverage.
    • Throat Chop is now an "Other Options" bullet.
    • Ice Shard is now a standalone bullet, though it still references Sucker Punch for comparison purposes.
  • Added Tera Grass as a Focus Sash Tera type.
  • Updated matchup references as necessary for Reg D.
  • Miscellaneous flavor text changes.
Since Sucker Punch is the top move choice for both move 2 and move 3, what would the most common moveset (like what would usually be the four top choices for the four moves) be?

Since Sucker Punch is the top move choice for both move 2 and move 3, what would the most common moveset (like what would usually be the four top choices for the four moves) be?
A standard moveset would be Icicle Crash / Sucker Punch / Sacred Sword / Tera Blast. A lot of Chien-Pao run Tera Electric and Tera Grass to hit bulky Water-types like Urshifu-R, but Tera Blast is definitely the flex move for standard sets. You can run Ice Shard or Swords Dance (Dance with Tera Ghost can be really nasty) in that fourth slot depending on the setup you want.

I think with the removal of lilligant h from vr, it no longer needs even a low priority spot on the reservations page. Like I took Alomomola(which now IS ranked, lol,) and that got scrapped from lack of ranking at the time.

EDIT: :
"Poison: Tera Poison leaves Orthworm with only one fairly rare weakness, and aiding it against former threats like Great Tusk and Iron Valiant."

it should say "and aids" or "while aiding." um, fwiw

Last edited:
I think Frosmoth should go up for reservation(I forgto and already requested it, but it's not there lol.) Already is in VR, as of recently. Uncommon, but more of them than some other ranked stuff even, imo Frosmoth has the potential to go big by hard walling Iron Bundle(bar weird fire tera or whatever,) really hurting Flutter unless it's Mystical Fire AND you can't tera, and just generally beating the BM beast. I already made my case in VR, and it seems to have been accepted, but those are the highlights imo. Definitely seems to affect the meta some, and certainly what they bring.

Edit: this is for f I guess, when that's up. Not that frosmoth is a new return, but I wouldn't be doing an analysis, if I get to, for an outdated reg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)