Battle Stadium Battle Stadium Season 4 Team - Feedback for S5 Appreciated :)

Hello,

Firstly, want to send a massive thanks to you all who moderate this community. I am not new to pokemon, but new to competitive battle stadium play as I got my switch recently. Your forums and site were a massive help in understanding the competitive play and current metagame. I was building this team using the community recommendations and some of my tweaks based on performance. Managed to get to the master ball rank, so huge help from your side in getting all resources fleshed out.

I am posting my S04 team and would appreciate your feedback on how to get prepared for BS S5 and the new meta. I am generally not a fan of legendary or pseudo legendaries in any team, thus I don't have any of the Paradox pokemon. However, open to introducing some if needed I guess with the new meta and ruins now in the meta.

Leads & Breakers:

Glimmora, Toxic Debris, Air Baloon, Tera Grass
+ Spd, - Atk Nature, 252 Sp Atk EVs, 252 Spd EVs, 4 HP EVs
Stealth Rock, Energy Ball, Sludge Wave, Memento

Either use this one to set up hazards (if the opp team has hazards weakness), or to put pressure. Memento is reserved for big sweepers if I use Gyarados with Glimmora in the 3 pokemon selected, so Gyarados can set up and sweep. Immediate Tera Grass works well against Iron Bundle. I am struggling if Flutter Mane is the lead or Iron Moth. Used to run power gem instead of energy ball and dazzling gleam instead of stealth rock. To be fair, power gem was great against Iron Moth and Baxcallibur. Dazzling gleam worked well against moon when I used to run focus sash. Focus sash is reserved for pawmot though, so had to run air balloon. With meta being hyper offense, I am thinking of removing stealth rock and use glimmora most as attacker with occasional hazards from toxic debris. Thoughts?

Meowscarada, Protean, Life Orb, Tera Grass (never tera her anyway)
+Spd, -Sp Atk Nature, 252 Atk EVs, 252 Spd EVs, 4 HP EVs
Flower Trick, Sucker Punch, Play Rough, Taunt

I used to run Meow with knock off but I appreciate priority more. U-Turn was great instead of play rough, but since it's fast, it made no sense to pivot out with Meow since the only proper defensive pkmn I have is skeledirge. Play rough I put because of dragons, since she can outsped Baxcalibur and Dragonite and usually works well. I used to run choice scarf and choice band with trick. While I appreciate the trick choice lock I happened to be choice locked in a pinch few times and just didn't appreciate the choice item. Life orb worked better since she dies fast anyway. Taunt was added for dodonzo and simmilar and so far worked great.

Gholdengho, Good as Gold, Assault West, Tera Water (so far the best tera type I tried for Gholdengo)
+Spd, -Atk, 252 Sp Atk EVs, 252 Spd EVs, 4 HP EVs
Make it rain, Shadow Ball, Thunder bolt, Tera blast
Tera water fixed my iron moth weakness. Also I can 2HKO Flutter mane if I tera and wall her due to assault west. Works great against baxcalibur as well and anything that runs earthquake. Used to run choice scarf, trick set, but appreciate the versatility of attacks when in a pinch. Choice locks are great, but same reason as meowscarda, if I don't run one of these first and save them for later, choice item is more of a burden since even with choice scarf I get outsped by my weaknesses.

Sweepers:

Gyarados, Moxie, Heavy Duty Boots, Tera Ground
+Spd, -SpAtk, 252 Spd EV, 252 Atk EV, 4 HP EV
Earthquake, Waterfall, Ice Fang, Dragon Dance
Works great after glimora mementos or if I switch against ground type wall such as clodsire without water absorb. I used to run life orb, but it hurts more than it helps if I want to set-up and especially with stealth rock. I was thinking taunt vs ice fang, but ice fang was critical against dragonite which can be an issue sometimes if I don't pick skeledirge in my 3 pkmn for the battle.

Wall:
Skeledirege, Unaware, Sitrus Berry, Tera Fairy
+Def, -Atk, EV spread is for the blunder policy build :(
Tera Blast, Torch Song, Slack Off, Will o Wisp
Did I cry when I forgot Yawn - yes. So no way to go back to Yawn. Tera type works wonders against common treats. Sitrus berry worked better for me than leftovers in general, especially if there are stealth rocks. BLunder policy was relying too much on luck, so kind of ditched that build. ALso the team was in need of a wall and with the lack of EV trained pokemon, I switched skeledirge to a defensive rather than offensive build to support the team.

And the MVP of the team, the support, the breaker, the sweeper call it what you want but I love love this guy. He saved my butt millions of times.

Pawmot, Volt Absorb, Focus Sash, Tera Electric
+Spd, -Sp Atk, 252 Atk EV, 252 Spd EV, 4 HP EV
Mach Punch, Close Combat, Double shock, Revival blessing
This pikaclone is probably the most used pokemon for me. I run him as lead if I see bax and mane in the teams because double shock or close combat OHKOs them easily and it survives with sash, allowing me to mach punch the switch in. Also this little furball saved me so many times by reviving meowscarda to sucker punch whatever's left from the opponent's team or skeledirge to slack off until his HP is full. In general, this fellow is so versatile and can be used in so many ways. Not to mention free switch when anticipating volt switch.

I was considering switching skeledirge or a breaker for either tinkaton or sylveon defensive build as most of my weaknesses come from flutter mane, sometimes iron moth if I pick the wrong 3 pkmn, or dragonite. Since I removed choice items, I struggle against dragonite and annhiliape. Hope you guys can help modify the team or change some members to get in a better spot for S05.

P.S. to mods, I hope I didn't miss the forum, I haven't seen BS dedicated RMT forum.

Oh! It's a pre-evo only? I see. How has Skeledirge been? I don't see an obvious problem w/ fire types in the team, but in that mon it's severe. Notably this means always losing the mirror, and trouble w/ Iron Moth, Volcarona, and w/e other fire types, including teras, you might see.

I feel like if I try really hard to help, w/ how I am, I'll end up hurting w/ bad advice. But even so the Glimmora seems like, because it'd greatly like sash and can't have it, it's not that great for the setter of hazards. Unless ofc it has been. As for not using a hazard on it that seems fine but I can't recommend one or the other since I haven't used either Glimmora.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)