Resource Battle Stadium Regulation C Analysis Discussion And Updates

One more for today: Orthworm! This is an interesting one. Despite having very low usage, this thing has snuck onto a few different high-ranking teams over Seasons 5 and 6. Still not a lot of data to go off, but its better than some of the others I've been working with. With that in mind, I actually ended up changing the tone of the IronPress set a fair amount to more accurately reflect how its role has subtly changed in recent seasons.

There is actually quite a bit of overlap between the IronPress and Support sets as well, but unlike other sets I didn't have to do a lot of matchup updates to make it sound right for Reg C. Because the Support set has a couple unique details as well, both sets have been kept.

There is some more nitty gritty, but I'll get into that below:

:orthworm: Orthworm (Reg C Update:)
  • "IronPress" changes:
    • Moveset:
      • Iron Head is prioritized over Heavy Slam in the slashes. Since a big selling point of Orthworm is to win against Dragonite and company in the back, Iron Head is usually the call (if running a Steel-type move in the first place, but I'll get to that below.)
      • Shed Tail and Rest are prioritized more in the slashes. Shed Tail is one of the major selling points of Orthworm, even on IronPress. Rest is used in two of the team reports from the search above because, again, it helps stall out physical threats that can't otherwise get through Orthworm.
      • Deemphasized Chesto Berry as an option with Rest. Chesto has extremely low usage and the two reports mentioned above employ Rocky Helmet, which is what allows them to get away with running only Body Press into something like Dragonite. Chesto isn't strictly necessary because Orthworm can usually get away with two turns of sleep in those walling scenarios.
      • Added Stealth Rock to "Other Options." The other report of the three did use Stealth Rock as part of IronPress, and it is the fourth most used move. Adding it to "Other Options" seems fair.
    • Added some new Reg C matchups to descriptions.
    • Items:
      • Rearranged item slashes based on data. Removed Chesto Berry.
      • Updated Sitrus Berry bullet. While Sitrus Berry can give you two uses of Shed Tail (which remains noted,) its more important purpose is healing back into Shed Tail range after a hit. This is actually mentioned in the Support set, so I'm adding it here as well.
      • Added Rocky Helmet as an item choice.
    • Added Tera Dependency bullet.
    • Added bullet for physically defensive spread in "EV Spreads."
  • "Shed Tail Support" changes:
    • Modified Spikes bullet. Based on usage, it can be inferred that someone would probably drop offensive coverage before they dropped Shed Tail.
    • Added some new Reg C matchups to descriptions.
    • Converted Tera overview bullet to Tera Dependency bullet.
Ty for paying attention to that. Tbh don't use the mon anymore, but I might later who knows. Anyways, I see Jolly is still up. Should you take it down? It isn't the main nature, but it still isn't supported by usage(I seriously doubt it went up all of a sudden, probably und3er a percent still.)

Ty for paying attention to that. Tbh don't use the mon anymore, but I might later who knows. Anyways, I see Jolly is still up. Should you take it down? It isn't the main nature, but it still isn't supported by usage(I seriously doubt it went up all of a sudden, probably und3er a percent still.)
I think keeping it as an alternate EV spread is fine. Its not crowding anything out in the main set, so as long as it has some relevance (outspeeding Adamant Breloom is a meta-relevant characteristic, for example,) I see no problem keeping it as a "nice-to-know" option.

I need a Steath Rocker w/ certain requirements, so read Annihilape's dex entry and noticed...
  • "Defiant: While Intimidate Pokemon are far from common from the format, Defiant can take advantage opposing Speed control moves."
Under abilities it uses 'from' not 'for'/'in,' and misses the word 'of' in the 2nd part.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)