Battle of Kanto! 1 Sub Spot left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Battle of Kanto: You may only use Pokemon with dex entries 1-149. Standard rules, plus a few more :
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • No duplicate items.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Do not let members who are on the Wifi Blacklist in Smogon's Wi-Fi forum join your tournament. That goes for both battling and trading.
  • Only dex #1-149 may enter.
  • You MUST use one of the 3 starters. (you can use more than one if youd like, but one is mandatory)
  • You dont have to have a mega evo, but if you do elect to use one, it has to be your starter Pokemon.
  • Battles will be at lvl 50
  • Single battle format, 6v6.
  • Battles will be best 2 out of 3.
  • Shooting for 16 players, lets have some have fun!

PRIZES

Prizes will be awarded in the following format:

3 Prize Pokemon. 1st place gets to pick 2, 2nd place gets the remaining one.
Vanadinite and MagnusArcanum were super awesome and volunteered to donate the other two prizes.​

Prize #1

Zapdos -
Pressure - Modest
31/x/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power

Lvl. 70 UT
SR'd by me in Y Version
OT: Rocko

Cloned by MenezJul
Non Redis

Please include your IGN and Friend Code in your post if it is not in your signature

If you have questions, post them here, do not PM me.
Approved by Mizuhime

Signed up:
1MattaPod
2locoghoul
3Nelson Tangela
4curly--wurly
5Xen
6Slowmobro
7SteelTeam6
8Menezjul
9Radd
10Karan
11shady6121
12chester0334
13LeopardTalon
14 Darkdevil
15 Jixmabenn
16 Ksh13

Subs
1 MagnusArcanum
2 awiec
3 ash1236

Signups will run til Tues @2359GMT -7

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Quick question (might be kinda dumb), is this through pokemon showdown or the actual games?
Through cartridge game, all tournaments in the "Wi-Fi Tournaments" section will have this format.

This sounds great, and I'd like to participate... I need to ask though, with the restrictions on this tournament it sounds like I should be able to participate using a copy of Pokemon Y (there will be no new mega evolutions or moves I can think of), is this correct?

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
This sounds great, and I'd like to participate... I need to ask though, with the restrictions on this tournament it sounds like I should be able to participate using a copy of Pokemon Y (there will be no new mega evolutions or moves I can think of), is this correct?
If only the starters will be allowed to mega-evolve, then yes X/Y will be fine afaik.

This sounds fun. I'm in. I'll update with my FC and IGN when I gain access to my laptop again, even though the data is in my sig.

Also, just a suggestion, I'd move the note of item restriction up in the rules and tag it as the item clause, so it doesn't get easily overlooked.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
btw...

This isn't pentagon only, so I can use past Gen RNGs and tutor moves, right?
correct, rngs are ok :) i dont feel like making everyone prove their mons are kb, or letting all that rng hard work go to waste. the spirit of the tournament is nostalgia, so i dont think itd be fitting to make it kb only

Ahhh yesss love kanto. I'm in! So this is ORAS and XY? I guess it doesn't matter since XY has allmost* the Kanto mega evolutions.
Slowmobro | 0817-4876-6576 | IGN: Kent

Last edited:
Hmmmm why not, I'm in. Hopefully I can pull off a win or two.

Radd Redd

0087 2509 0675

Last edited:
Approved by Mizuhime

Battle of Kanto. You may only use Pokemon with dex entries 1-149. Standard rules, plus a few more :
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Do not let members who are on the Wifi Blacklist in Smogon's Wi-Fi forum join your tournament. That goes for both battling and trading.
  • Only dex #1-149 may enter.
  • You MUST use one of the 3 starters. (you can use more than one if youd like, but one is mandatory)
  • You dont have to have a mega evo, but if you do elect to use one, it has to be your starter Pokemon.
  • Battles will be at lvl 50
  • Single battle format, 6v6.
  • No duplicate items or Pokémon.
Shooting for 16 players, lets have some have fun!

PRIZES
I would like to have prizes in the following format:

4 Prize Pokemon, 1st place gets to pick 3, 2nd place gets the remaining one.
I will donate two of my soft resets, looking for two more. Please let me know if you want to donate one.

Please include your IGN and Friend Code in your post if it is not in your signature

Signed up:
1MattaPod
2locoghoul
3Nelson Tangela
4curly--wurly
5Xen
6Slowmobro
7SteelTeam6
8Menezjul
9Radd
10Karan
11shady6121
12chester0334
13LeopardTalon

Subs
When you say #1-149, does that include Legendary Birds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)