Baton Pass Team Needs more Baton Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is only the second team I've made since playing Shoddy (my first being Azelf, Alakazam, Gengar, Marowak, Lapras and Marowak) and I tried to utilize baton pass this time instead of having one stealth-rocker and 5 indepednant pokemon.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Recover

Calm mind Latias can usually kill some of the less imposing leads I've been up against and I like having one on my team however a better lead is in order if there is one better suited to my team. (My old team used a stealth-rock Azelf but that was constantly hit by pursuit from my friend's Dusknoir) Also, would I be better off with Dragon Pulse or Draco Meteor if I kept this setup?
---

Smeargle (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 244 HP/12 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Spore
- Rock Polish

A typical baton pass Smeargle, I like having Rock Polish on him because it is beneficial to him as much as the recipient. Spore is to knock them out, substitute is to take my damage. Should a damaging move replace Substitute?
---

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 168 HP/90 Atk/252 Def
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Rest
- Crunch
- Body Slam

This setup for Curselax is the only pokemon intact from my old team and has been succesful on his own for the most part. Still a pokemon that could benefit from baton pass or pass itself would probably fit better. Preferably somrthing that can handle my two biggest fears, ghosts and Scizor (who has been known to sweep me)
---

Machamp (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Dynamicpunch
- Rest
- Payback
- Ice Punch

This is the machamp I found on the page for Machamp, less snore. He is my only recipient for baton pass and not a good one at that. Would it be better to tack a priority move on him or to remove him altogether (Rampardos or Marowak maybe?)
---

Gliscor (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP/40 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost

Problem: Can't damage anything that levitates or flies, and usually can't live to use roost. Swords dance wroks great with both earthquake and baton pass, other than roost I can't complain about him.
---

Gengar (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

My original setup featured psychic in lieu of trick and I have yet to use trick yet in my 10 matches thus far with my new gengar. His primary job is to switch into fighters and use his speed to revenge kill.
---

It seems the more I think about my teams and put strategy in them the more screwed up they become, and this is why my first team with minimal thought is still better than this. So I ask the board, any ideas to design this team smarter?

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Hi.

Locking this because you are in violation of rule 3. Please read the rules before posting in the future, its much appreciated.

If you PM me updated descriptions i can unlock this for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)