SS OU Balanced Team (?)

Hi Guys,

This is my first ever designed team, let me know your thoughts if you think it is good and what glaring weeknesses you might find. I am still in the process of testing so will keep improving this post.

The main focus on the team is to setup hazards and encourage multiple switch ins. Finishing off with 2 sweepers to finish the remaining mons.

Enjoy!

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

My usual lead. Mainly here to setup sandstorm for chip damage and to boost up Excadrill. Setup as a physical tank and force switch ins with Whirlwind. I tried originally with Ttar but found out that it's not as bulky and has too many weeknesses, but maybe I can look into it further. So far Hippowdon has working well

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Typical Pex. Come in on a special attacker and start setting up Tspikes and chancing burns.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is a more offensive tank. Rocky helmet helps with chip in more damage, while setting up spikes and leech seed. This pokemon is meant to be annoying and works very well with Toxapex as they complement each other's weeknesses for the most part. Still debating whether I should switch out one attacking move for Thunder Wave. Let me know your thoughts.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

To be honest, have not tested out this mon very much. I use him only at the end of every fight as cleanup so not a lot of test opportunities vs the first 3 mons above. Main target for Dynamaxing. Hits like a truck and great coverage.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Drill is my revenge killer and spinner on the team if really needed. Not so sure about the item yet. Drill works great under sand but have not used him much outside of it so maybe I am underutilizing him? He can be another sweeper as well if the opponent is low enough and sand is still up.

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

This one I honestly am not so sure about. Not enough testing since I have not found a good way to use him with the team. Theoretically he's supposed to be another revenge killer with the chance to sweep late in the game with Dynamaxing giving him the ability to use all his moves. U-Turn is there for scouting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)