Balanced OU Rain Team

This is the main team that I use for battling. I think that it is a pretty good balance between offence and defense. The main goal of this set is to get the weather up and destroy the opponent with either Toxicroak or Thundurus. These two pokemon are pretty powerful and can do some real damage if you get the right predictions. If my team needs to defend, I can use my blissey to take special hits or Donphan and Politoed if they need to take physical hits. Blissey and Donphan make a pretty good defensive core. Blissey can wish pass to Donphan if she is in trouble and long as Donphan is at full health and no entry hazards are up, he is guaranteed to take at least two hits from any pokemon that doesn't have mold breaker.

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Toxic

- Perish Song

This guy sets up rain, forces switches with Perish song and is a pretty good counter to Gyarados with hp Electric. Toxic is there to mess up walls

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 84 Def / 172 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

This guy sets up stealth rock, rapid spins and even though this set is more offensive, it's still a decent wall when paired up with Blissey. The extra speed evs are there to outrun standard Jellicent as it can 2hko it with SR damage if it's specially defensive. Ice shard is there to take out any weakened pokemon

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Icy Wind

Best special wall in the game. Wish to heal my team, heal bell to get rid of status and Icy wind to get rid of speed boost and deal decent damage to 4x weak pokemon.

Toxicroak (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

I don't really know what this guy is, I just know it works. Low kick is a really good move. You'd be surprised how many players lose their ferrathorn to this guys Low Kick. Ice punch is there for Gliscor anf Landorus T. Earthquake is there to take out other Toxicroak since I have no other real counters for it. Sucker punch is a really strong priority move but very risky when used with a choice band

Scizor (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Technician
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef / 16 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

This guy is great for trapping. Most players confuse this set for a choice set and assume that he is locked to pursuit. This will get you a lot of suprise KOs

Thundurus (Thundurus-T) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

This guy is insane. After you have taken out all ground types and volt absorbers, you can pretty much just spam thunder til everything goes down. Grass Knot is great for taking out grass types. HP Ice can also be used.

Some absolute pure, basic suggestions:

1) Remove that Choice Band from Toxicroak, give him Drain Punch, and probably use the Swords Dance set.
2) Use the standard Choice Band Scizor set. Expert Belt is probably one of the most useless item you can give to Scizor.
3) You don't have a Revenge Killer, so you might want to give Scarf to Thundurus, or maybe since you're using a rain team, use a Scarf Keldeo.
4) Remove Hidden Power Electric from Politoed, Perish Song and stalling for 3 turns is pretty easy to handle Gyarados. Maybe use Focus Blast or something.
5) Icy Wing of Blissey? Meh... I don't know, maybe Sesmic Toss would be better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)