[Balanced Hackmons] Mega Diancie

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
QC: Uselesscrab | Piccolo Daimao | E4 Flint
GP: GatoDelFuego | P Squared

[OVERVIEW]

Mega Diancie is a powerful force in the Balanced Hackmons metagame. With its very high offenses, beaten in this aspect only by Deoxys-A and Mega Rayquaza, as well as its good Speed stat, it is an exceptionally powerful wallbreaker that teams need to prepare for. Its best set utilizes the ability Pixilate to fire off high-powered STAB attacks such as Boomburst, Techno Blast, and Extreme Speed, which become Fairy-type due to said ability. However, it is considered frail for the Balanced Hackmons metagame, despite possessing good defenses, due to its low HP. It is also mostly walled by the omnipresent Steel-types as well as Sturdy Shedinja, depending on Mega Diancie's coverage. Overall, it is an effective glass cannon.

[SET]
name: Pixilate
move 1: Fake Out
move 2: Extreme Speed
move 3: Boomburst / Techno Blast
move 4: King's Shield / Magma Storm / Precipice Blades
item: Pixie Plate / Safety Goggles
ability: Pixilate
nature: Hasty / Naive
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
==========

Fake Out is used for outprioritizing other commonly used priority moves such as Extreme Speed, and for free damage on the foe. Extreme Speed is the most powerful priority move that currently exists, and it has a higher priority than most other priority attacks barring Fake Out and Feint. Boomburst bypasses the effects of Substitute. This move is oftentimes the go-to move to use due to its sheer power, even without investment. Techno Blast is an alternate option over Boomburst that has fewer PP and slightly less power, and while it doesn't bypass the effects of Substitute, it does bypass the effects of Soundproof. All four of these moves are boosted by Pixilate, and three out of the four options, most commonly Fake Out, Extreme Speed, and Boomburst, should always be used on Mega Diancie.
In terms of the final move, several options can be run depending on preference. King's Shield can be used to scout the foe's moveset, as well as protect Mega Diancie from most non-status moves. It can also sharply lower the foe's Attack if they make contact. This effect applies to moves such as Fake Out from opposing Mega Rayquaza or Mega Diancie. Magma Storm hits Steel-types, which are the only Pokemon that are going to be walling Mega Diancie's STAB moves barring Fur Coat Chansey and defensive Fire-types, super effectively. It also destroys Sturdy Shedinja, another Balanced Hackmons threat, due to the residual damage bypassing its ability. Precipice Blades is an alternate option to hit both Steel- and Fire-types super effectively; both of these types resist Mega-Diancie's STAB moves, with the latter also resisting Magma Storm, making this move a great alternate option.

Set Details
===========

On this set, the Attack EVs are maximized to make sure Fake Out and Extreme Speed do the most damage possible, and Speed EVs are maximized to outpace other Mega Diancie. However, if you want Boomburst to deal more damage rather than these two moves, you can move the EVs from Attack into Special Attack, which allows said move to 2HKO Primal Groudon and prevent non-Choice Scarf variants from switching in. A Hasty or Naive nature, depending on preference, is run to outpace other Mega Diancie, in addition to the rarer neutral-natured Mega Rayquaza. If you desire more power, you can run a positive nature in either Attack or Special Attack. Pixilate is the ability of this set for obvious reasons; it turns Mega Diancie's Normal-type moves into Fairy-type STAB moves, with a power bonus. Without this ability, there is virtually no reason to run these moves, unless you're attempting to bluff a different set your opponent. In terms of items, Pixie Plate is the preferred option to boost the power of the main attacks without any drawbacks. Safety Goggles is another viable option to prevent Prankster Spore, or just Spore in general.

Usage Tips
===========

Fake Out and Extreme Speed should be the primary options if your opponent's Pokemon can outspeed or outprioritize Mega Diancie. If this isn't true, or you predict your opponent to use King's Shield or something similar, clicking Boomburst is most likely the best option, as it does the most damage, even without investment. If Mega Diancie's fourth move can hit the foe super effectively and does more damage than Boomburst, or is one of the shields, using it is most likely the best option. This is most likely obvious due to Mega Diancie's low bulk, but it is highly advised not to switch Mega Diancie in blindly, as it will take quite a bit of unnecessary damage, even from resisted hits.

Team Options
===========

A teammate that can deal with Steel-types reliably, such as Primal Groudon, is preferred, unless you decide to run the corresponding coverage move. Dealing with Sturdy Shedinja is also quite important, especially if Mega Diancie's fourth move is either King's Shield or Precipice Blades, as it can stop Mega Diancie in its tracks. Mold Breaker Pursuit and entry hazard support are some of the best ways to deal with it. Any Pokemon can fufill at least one of roles, but one of the best is Primal Groudon due to its bulk and offensive pressure. In addition to entry hazard support, a teammate that has a method to clear entry hazards from your side of the field, such as Defog, will also aid in making sure Mega Diancie doesn't take too much prior damage, as its bulk is quite low for Balanced Hackmons standards.

Because Mega Diancie also has issues dealing with Primal Groudon, Giratina, especially Fur Coat variants, also makes for an excellent teammate. Additionally, if Giratina gets copied via Imposter or a similar method, Mega Diancie can force it out. A Steel-type of your own, such as Registeel or Aegislash, as well as Sturdy Shedinja depending on Mega Diancie's moveset, is also a good partner in the all-too-common case that your Mega Diancie becomes copied by an Imposter. This is to prevent your own Mega Diancie set from sweeping you, which is exceptionally crucial to making a good Balanced Hackmons team. Another potential partner could be either an Assault Vest + Regenerator Pokemon or a Soundproof Pokemon to deal with your own Mega Diancie set as well as other Mega Diancie in general.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
===========

Spiky Shield is an alternate option ovwr King's Shield. Unlike King's Shield, this move will also block status moves such as Taunt, but instead of lowering Attack on contact it will cause the opponent to take damage. Thousand Arrows can be run over Precipice Blades for higher accuracy as well as the ability to bypass Ground immunities that would otherwise prevent Mega Diancie from hitting Pokemon such as Ho-Oh super effectively. Spore can be run as the fourth move due to it causing sleep; running Safety Goggles as an item is highly recommended in this case to prevent Pokemon with Magic Bounce or Pokemon that copied this set using Imposter from putting Mega Diancie to sleep instead. Dark Void can also be run over Spore to bypass the effects of Safety Goggles as well as hit Grass-types; however, it is harder to Imposter-proof this set if you choose to run it, and it also makes Magic Bounce harder to deal with. Infestation can be run as the fourth move to hit Sturdy Shedinja more reliably than Magma Storm, but this typically is not the best option. Explosion is the strongest move, power-wise, in all of Pokemon, even getting boosted by Pixilate, but due to the fact that it causes Mega Diancie to faint instantly, it typically isn't preferable. Judgment allows Mega Diancie to deal with almost any Pokemon you want by changing its item to the corresponding plate; keep in mind that this works best if you invest in Special Attack rather than Attack. Volt Switch is yet another option to preserve momentum on a predicted switch, but keep in mind that you need to be more careful around Primal Groudon, as it is immune to this and other Electric-type moves. Leech Seed KOes Sturdy Shedinja on the switch and heals Mega Diancie by a slight amount if used on anything else; keep in mind that this can be turned against Mega Diancie with Magic Bounce.

In terms of different sets, a Choice Specs set can also be run to further increase Mega Diancie's power, but in most cases, the Pixilate set is the best one to use due to its revenge killing properties. A Choice Scarf set can also be run for surprise factor; if you choose to run this, Fake Out must be replaced by a coverage move. You can run Life Orb over Pixie Plate for the slight increase in power, but it typically isn't worth it due to the recoil impacting how many times you can use Mega Diancie.

Of course, to get around recoil caused by Life Orb as well as any other sources, you can run a set utilizing Magic Guard, Head Smash, and Light of Ruin. This set does have its merits, such as also being immune to entry hazards, poison, and Leech Seed. You also have more options in terms of moves to take advantage of this, such as Flare Blitz to deal with Steel-types. In most cases, due to the revenge killing aspect as well as the power behind Pixilate Boomburst, the Pixilate set is better.

Checks and Counters
===========

**Bulky Steel-types**: Mega Diancie's coverage to hit Steel-types with is quite lacking. In particular, Flash Fire Steel-types will give Mega Diancie the most grief if it isn't running Precipice Blades or similar coverage. They also take Mega Diancie's attacks quite well, with specially defensive Registeel having a very low chance to be 3HKOed after Stealth Rock damage, barring critical hits.

**Bulky Soundproof Pokemon**: Mega Diancie's prime nuke is Boomburst. Of course, Soundproof prevents Boomburst from doing anything, as Boomburst is a sound move. In particular, physically defensive Soundproof Pokemon give this set a bit of grief, depending on the Pokemon. To get around Soundproof, Mega Diancie can run Techno Blast over Boomburst.

**Primal Groudon**: Primal Groudon can switch in and take at least one hit from Mega Diancie, depending on its investment and set, and can potentially outspeed and OHKO Mega Diancie with the Ground-type move of its choice, if it carries Choice Scarf. If Mega Diancie runs enough Special Attack investment, however, Primal Groudon cannot switch in safely without a Choice Scarf. On the other hand, if it gets a free switch, it does not need a Choice Scarf to take out Mega Diancie.

**Mega Mewtwo Y**: Despite not being able to switch in on Mega Diancie's attacks, if Protean Mega Mewtwo Y gets a free switch it can be a problem for Mega Diancie. In particular, it can use King's Shield to become a Steel-type to take Mega Diancie's Extreme Speed and then OHKO it with Steam Eruption, Seed Flare, or whatever coverage move it has to deal with Mega Diancie. Non-Protean Mega Mewtwo Y can also force Mega Diancie out with King's Shield due to the Attack drop.

**Mega Mewtwo X**: This is listed for similar reasons as Mega Mewtwo Y; Mega Mewtwo X can't switch in safely without a slow U-turn or something similar, but Protean sets in particular can simply pick off Mega Diancie with a move such as Thousand Arrows, after getting up a King's Shield, of course. Similarly to Mega Mewtwo Y, it can also force Mega Diancie out without Protean after getting an Attack drop with King's Shield, but this is harder to do due to Mega Mewtwo X's weakness to Fairy.

Last edited:
Set Comments:

Change the set name, it's funny but not really necessary.
  • Magma Storm is a coverage move that hits Steel-types super-effectively, which is the only thing that's going to be walling your STAB moves, barring Fur Coat Chansey. It also destroys Sturdy Shedinja if it hits, another Balanced Hackmons threat.
Fire-types can also wall your STAB moves, so this isn't really correct. Might want to alter this comment.

Precipice Blades should be added in a slash. It hits the AV Regen stuff really hard. I know that's what Heisenerg uses.

I'd move Spore, Infest, and Spiky to OO and go with a slash of Magma Storm / Precipice Blades / King's Shield at the end there to avoid having too many slashes, though.

Set Details:

Neutral-natured Mega Rayquaza is really rare. You should probably add that in parentheses.

Usage Tips:
  • Click Fake Out, Extreme Speed, or Boomburst depending on what your opponent has on the field.
This needs to be more specific.

Team Options:

The first bullet point should be split in two, since Steel types and Shedinja are very different.

No need to mention hazard support in terms of being "always useful." I'd recommend adding it to the list of ways of dealing with Shedinja instead.

Since Mega Diancie has serious issues with Primal Groudon, mention Fur Coat Giratina as an especially good teammate that can also be forced out by Mega Diancie if it gets Impostered. (This is a good core of three Pokemon.)

Other Options:

Mention Choice Scarf; it's always viable and fairly surprising when used by -ates.

Mention Life Orb here.

Magic Guard with Life Orb and Head Smash / Light of Ruin should be listed in Other Options as well.

Add all the things that I mentioned needed to be moved earlier.

Checks and Counters:

Say something about how even non-Protean Mewtwos can force Diancie out with King's Shield.

You don't need this conclusion at the end.

I probably missed some stuff here. Fellow QC members, help me out!

By the way Pikachuun, nice work.

QC 1/3

Last edited:

dhelmise

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
You're allowed to keep the set name, but after it (if you DO in fact keep it), put the actual name in parentheses.
Example:
  • Pretty Pretty Pwnage (Offensive)
or something of the sort.

I'd prefer the name to describe what the set is actually doing before we get into puns. I think it works in standard tiers where they know the foreshadowing of a Pokemon, but OMs are a lot "different" I'd say, so just describing the actual set to get the point across easier is fair.

That said, I'm alright with what you have, it's just a comment in general. You can do better than Pretty Pretty Pwnage, however. ;]

MAMP

MAMP!
As far as the order of the moves goes, I wouldn't put Fake Out first; in my opinion its not nearly as useful as Espeed or Boomburst, and tbh isn't even mandatory on the set.

Pikachuun

Set Comments:

• Magma Storm is a coverage move that hits Steel-types super-effectively, which is the only thing that's going to be walling your STAB moves, barring Fur Coat Chansey. It also destroys Sturdy Shedinja if it hits, another Balanced Hackmons threat.
Fire-types can also wall your STAB moves, so this isn't really correct. Might want to alter this comment.

Precipice Blades should be added in a slash. It hits the AV Regen stuff really hard. I know that's what Heisenerg uses.

I'd move Spore, Infest, and Spiky to OO and go with a slash of Magma Storm / Precipice Blades / King's Shield at the end there to avoid having too many slashes, though.

Set Details:

Neutral-natured Mega Rayquaza is really rare. You should probably add that in parentheses.

Usage Tips:
  • Click Fake Out, Extreme Speed, or Boomburst depending on what your opponent has on the field.
This needs to be more specific.

Team Options:

The first bullet point should be split in two, since Steel types and Shedinja are very different.

No need to mention hazard support in terms of being "always useful." I'd recommend adding it to the list of ways of dealing with Shedinja instead.

Since Mega Diancie has serious issues with Primal Groudon, mention Fur Coat Giratina as an especially good teammate that can also be forced out by Mega Diancie if it gets Impostered. (This is a good core of three Pokemon.)

Other Options:

Mention Choice Scarf; it's always viable and fairly surprising when used by -ates.

Mention Life Orb here.

Magic Guard with Life Orb and Head Smash / Light of Ruin should be listed in Other Options as well.

Add all the things that I mentioned needed to be moved earlier.

Checks and Counters:

Say something about how even non-Protean Mewtwos can force Diancie out with King's Shield.

You don't need this conclusion at the end.

I probably missed some stuff here. Fellow QC members, help me out!

By the way Pikachuun, nice work.

QC 1/3
Did these [Since Spiky Shield can be run for Sturdinja I kept it as a slash]

Last edited:
something i noticed, Pikachuun: make sure the slashes are not |, but that they are actual slashes. like boomburst / techno blast, not boomburst | techno blast.

Nice analysis!

In Set Comments/Moves, mention that King's Shield allows it to block opposing Fake Outs, such as from Mega Ray
In Set Details, you might want to emphasize the option of running Special Attack investment: 252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 227-267 (56.1 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (non scarf Groudon can't switch in)
In Team Options, you should elaborate on this line a bit: A Steel-type of your own and/or Sturdy Shedinja is also a good partner, in the all-too-common case that your Diancie-Mega becomes copied by an Imposter.
Maybe just add a quick thing that says something along the lines of "Make sure this Pokemon is able to effectively wall this!" (I know this seems obvious, but I think it's worth mentioning)
In Checks and Counters, talk about how without a scarf Diancie can still 2hko Groudon Primal
Also remove the Pikachu thing

QC 2/3

Edit: Messed up my Groudon calc because I used regular Groudon rather than Groudon Primal

Last edited:

Pikachuun

Nice analysis!

In Set Comments/Moves, mention that King's Shield allows it to block opposing Fake Outs, such as from Mega Ray
In Set Details, you might want to emphasize the option of running Special Attack investment: 252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 227-267 (56.1 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (non scarf Groudon can't switch in)
In Team Options, you should elaborate on this line a bit: A Steel-type of your own and/or Sturdy Shedinja is also a good partner, in the all-too-common case that your Diancie-Mega becomes copied by an Imposter.
Maybe just add a quick thing that says something along the lines of "Make sure this Pokemon is able to effectively wall this!" (I know this seems obvious, but I think it's worth mentioning)
In Checks and Counters, talk about how without a scarf Diancie can still 2hko Groudon Primal
Also remove the Pikachu thing

QC 2/3

Edit: Messed up my Groudon calc because I used regular Groudon rather than Groudon Primal
Should be done now

EDIT: Added analysis

EV

Banned deucer.
Is the full analysis still being worked on? I wasn't sure by your last post Pikachuun but it sounds like you're waiting on your third QC, which isn't ready yet. Make sure you're writing paragraphs and there are no more bullet points. Also remove any erroneous strikethroughs from the analysis.

Pikachuun

Is the full analysis still being worked on? I wasn't sure by your last post Pikachuun but it sounds like you're waiting on your third QC, which isn't ready yet. Make sure you're writing paragraphs and there are no more bullet points. Also remove any erroneous strikethroughs from the analysis.
I thought the first paragraph was the analysis, so that's my bad. I will have this done when I get onto a CPU rather than my phone.

Eevee edit: Grats 2k!

Pikachuun edit: Done with the analysis, also this is probably the most anti-climactic 2k ever

Last edited:
Regarding move slashes on Balanced Hackmons analyses: try and keep them to a maximum of "the three best." Anything beyond that is excessive and should be discussed in Moves, not on the slashes. Update your analyses accordingly please!
Because of this, I would recommend putting Spiky Shield back in OO. Sorry!

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey sorry for taking so long, I was away for a while. It seems like UC and Piccolo already addressed the major points so I will write about any that are left as well as some minor points.

Team Options:
It is heavily preferred to run something that can not only take on your own Diancie, but other similar Pixilate Diancies or even -ates in general. For this reason, I would also mention a RegenVest or a Soundproof as a partner.

Other Options:
Would remove Low Kick and add in Thousand Arrows as it hits nearly the same things that LK would and its fairy moves cannot, but also Gengar-Mega, Aegislash, Rayquaza Mega, Groudon-Primal and Chansey on the switch in if predicted incorrectly, while also having the benefit of not missing periodically.

Judgment can also be a good option to make use of the special investment and also Imposter proofing by picking out specific threats like opposing Groudon Primals and Aegislash while making your own safe.

Choice items can be used in conjunction with Trick/Switcheroo as well.

Leech Seed can be a good option for Shed and switch in Chansey Imposters.

Volt Switch is sometimes used to maintain momentum well but one must be wary of Groudon-Primal even more.

Misc:
I'm sure some of this will be covered in Grammar/Prose checks but the analysis seems needlessly wordy and redundant at times.

Some examples that stuck out to me:
Ray and DeoA's stat difference of 20 in each offense state is not "dwarfing" imo.

"Steel and Fire types super effectively" instead of "Steel-types super effectively and fire-type super-effectively"

Would put the part about MG Light of Ruin as its own little paragraph.

I pretty much had to reach for these things cause the rest looks pretty good. The last couple of points plus condensing other run on sentences and the number of "said", "aforementioned" would make this a pretty good resource.

Nice work
QC3

Last edited:

Pikachuun

Hey sorry for taking so long, I was away for a while. It seems like UC and Piccolo already addressed the major points so I will write about any that are left as well as some minor points.

Team Options:
It is heavily preferred to run something that can not only take on your own Diancie, but other similar Pixilate Diancies or even -ates in general. For this reason, I would also mention a RegenVest or a Soundproof as a partner.

Other Options:
Would remove Low Kick and add in Thousand Arrows as it hits nearly the same things that LK would and its fairy moves cannot, but also Gengar-Mega, Aegislash, Rayquaza Mega, Groudon-Primal and Chansey on the switch in if predicted incorrectly, while also having the benefit of not missing periodically.

Judgment can also be a good option to make use of the special investment and also Imposter proofing by picking out specific threats like opposing Groudon Primals and Aegislash while making your own safe.

Choice items can be used in conjunction with Trick/Switcheroo as well.

Leech Seed can be a good option for Shed and switch in Chansey Imposters.

Volt Switch is sometimes used to maintain momentum well but one must be wary of Groudon-Primal even more.

Misc:
I'm sure some of this will be covered in Grammar/Prose checks but the analysis seems needlessly wordy and redundant at times.

Some examples that stuck out to me:
Ray and DeoA's stat difference of 20 in each offense state is not "dwarfing" imo.

"Steel and Fire types super effectively" instead of "Steel-types super effectively and fire-type super-effectively"

Would put the part about MG Light of Ruin as its own little paragraph.

I pretty much had to reach for these things cause the rest looks pretty good. The last couple of points plus condensing other run on sentences and the number of "said", "aforementioned" would make this a pretty good resource.

Nice work
QC3
Did these, this is ready for GP now

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pikachuun

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

[OVERVIEW]

Mega Diancie-Mega this error runs rampant throughout this analysis with all kinds of Mega Evolutions; could you find+replace fix them all please? is a powerful force in the Balanced Hackmons metagame. With its very high offenses, seconded only by Deoxys-Attack and Rayquaza-Mega, as well as its good Speed stat, it is an exceptionally powerful wallbreaker that teams need to prepare for. The set that Diancie-Mega is known for, and is one of its best sets, Its best set utilizes the ability Pixilate to fire off high-power STAB attacks such as Boomburst, Techno Blast, or Extreme Speed, which become Fairy-type due to said ability. However, it is considered frail for the Balanced Hackmons metagame, despite possessing good defenses, due to its low HP. It is also mostly walled by the omnipresent Steel-types as well as Sturdy Shedinja, depending on Diancie-Mega's coverage. Overall, it is an effective glass cannon and, when used correctly, can sweep unprepared teams or revenge-kill certain threats.

[SET]
name: Standard Pixilate

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
================================

Fake Out is used for out-prioritizing other commonly used priority moves such as Extreme Speed, and is also used for free damage on your opponent. Extreme Speed is the most powerful priority move that currently exists, and has a higher priority than most other priority attacks barring Fake Out and Feint. Boomburst is an extremely powerful attack that bypasses the effects of Substitute. This move is oftentimes the go-to move to use due to its sheer power, even without investment. Techno Blast is an alternate option for Boomburst that has less PP, slightly less power, and doesn't bypass the effects of Substitute, but can be run over Boomburst due to it bypassing the effects of Soundproof. All four of these moves are boosted by Pixilate, and three out of the four options, most commonly Fake Out, Extreme Speed, and Boomburst, should always be used on Mega Diancie make up the first three moves of most Diancie-Megas' movesets.
In terms of the final move, several options can be run, (RC) depending on preference. King's Shield is a great move in Balanced Hackmons, as it can be used to scout your opponent's moveset, as well as protect you from most non-status moves. It can also sharply lower your opponent's Attack if they make contact. This effect applies to moves such as Fake Out from opposing Rayquaza-Mega or Diancie-Mega. Magma Storm is a coverage move that hits Steel-type Pokemon super effectively, which is the only thing that's going to be walling your Mega Diancie's STAB moves, barring Fur Coat Chansey and defensive Fire-types. It also destroys Sturdy Shedinja, another Balanced Hackmons threat, if it hits due to the residual damage bypassing its ability. Precipice Blades is an alternate option to hit both Steel- and Fire-type Pokemon super effectively; both of these types resist your Mega Diancie's STAB moves, with the latter also resisting Magma Storm, making this move a great alternate option.

Set Details
=================================

On this set, the EVs are maxed out in Attack to make sure Fake Out and Extreme Speed do the most damage possible, and maxed out in Speed to outpace other Diancie-Mega. However, if you want Boomburst to deal more damage rather than these two moves, you can move the EVs from Attack into Special Attack, which allows said move to 2HKO Primal Groudon and prevent non-Choice Scarf variants from switching in (252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 227-267 (56.1 - 66%), (AC) a -- guaranteed 2HKO). A Hasty or Naive nature, depending on preference, is run to outpace other Diancie-Mega as well, in addition to the rarer neutral-natured Rayquaza-Mega. If you desire more power, you can run a positive nature in either Attack or Special Attack. Pixilate is the ability of this set for obvious reasons; it turns your Mega Diancie's Normal-type moves into Fairy-type STAB moves, as well as gives these moves with a power bonus. Without this ability, there is virtually no reason to run these moves, unless you're attempting to bluff your opponent. In terms of items, Pixie Plate is the preferred option to boost the power of your the main attacks without any drawbacks. Safety Goggles is another viable option to prevent shenanigans such as Prankster Spore, or just Spore in general.

Usage Tips

Fake Out or Extreme Speed should be your the primary options if your opponent's Pokemon can outspeed or outprioritize Mega Diancie you. If this isn't true, or you predict your opponent to use King's Shield or something similar, clicking Boomburst is most likely the best option, as it does the most damage, even without investment. If your 4th Mega Diancie's move can hit the opponent super effectively and does more damage than Boomburst, or if your 4th move is either one of the shields and your opponent threatens to revenge-kill you, your 4th move using it is most likely the best option. This is most likely obvious due to its Mega Diancie's low bulk, but it is highly advised not to switch this in blindly, as it will take quite a bit of unnecessary damage, even from resisted hits.

Team Options

A teammate that can deal with Steel-type Pokemon reliably, such as Primal Groudon-Primal, is preferred, unless you decide to run the corresponding coverage move. Dealing with Sturdy Shedinja is also quite important, especially if your 4th Mega Diancie's fourth move is either a shield or Precipice Blades, as it can stop you in your tracks. Mold Breaker Pursuit and/or entry hazard support are some of the best ways to deal with it, so a teammate with either one of these two, or both if you choose to do so, is ideal. X and Y can provide this support. In addition to hazard support, a teammate that has a method to clear hazards from your side of the field, such as Defog, will also aid in making sure Diancie-Mega doesn't take too much prior damage, as its bulk is quite low for Balanced Hackmons standards.
space
Since Because Diancie-Mega also has issues dealing with Groudon-Primal, Giratina, especially Fur Coat variants, also makes an excellent teammate. Additionally, if Giratina gets copied via Imposter or a similar method, Diancie-Mega can force it out. A Steel-type of your own, such as Registeel or Aegislash, as well as Sturdy Shedinja depending on Mega Diancie's moveset your 4th move, is also a good partner, in the all-too-common case that your Diancie-Mega becomes copied by an Imposter. This is to prevent your own Diancie-Mega set from sweeping you, which is exceptionally crucial to making a good Balanced Hackmons team. Another potential partner could be either an Assault Vest + Regenerator Pokemon or a Soundproof Pokemon to deal with your own Diancie-Mega set as well as other Diancie-Mega in general.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options

Spiky Shield is an alternate option to King's Shield and is also a great move in Balanced Hackmons for similar reasons. Unlike King's Shield, this move will also block status moves like Taunt, but instead of lowering Attack on contact, the opponent will take damage. Thousand Arrows can be run over Precipice Blades for higher accuracy as well as bypassing Ground immunities that would otherwise prevent you Mega Diancie from hitting Pokemon such as Ho-Oh super effectively. Spore can be run as your 4th the fourth move due to it being a good move in general as it causes nearly guaranteed sleep; I would highly recommend running Safety Goggles as your an item is highly recommended in this case, to prevent Pokemon with Magic Bounce or Pokemon who copied your that copy this set using Imposter from putting you Mega Diancie to sleep instead. Dark Void can also be run over Spore to bypass the effects of Safety Goggles as well as hit Grass-types, however it is harder to Imposter-proof this set if you choose to run it, and it also makes Magic Bounce harder to deal with. Infestation can be run as your 4th the fourth move to hit Sturdy Shedinja more reliably than Magma Storm, but this typically is not the best option. Explosion can be run as your 4th move because it is the strongest move, power-wise, in all of Pokemon, even getting boosted by Pixilate, but for reasons that are mostly obvious, it typically isn't preferred rephrase to explain why. Judgment is another option for your 4th move that allows you Mega Diancie to deal with almost any Pokemon you want by changing your its item to the corresponding plate; keep in mind that this works best if you invest in Special Attack rather than Attack. Volt Switch is yet another option for your 4th move that allows you to preserve momentum on a predicted switch, but keep in mind that you need to be more careful around Groudon-Primal, as it is immune to this and other Electric-type moves. Leech Seed is another option for your 4th move that KOs Shedinja on the switch as well as heals you and heals Mega Diancie by a slight amount if used on anything else; keep in mind that this can be turned against you using an ability like Mega Diancie with Magic Bounce.
space
In terms of different sets, a Choice Specs set can also be run to further increase Diancie-Mega's power, however, (RC) in most cases, the above set is the best one to use due to its revenge killing properties. A Choice Scarf set can also be run for surprise factor; if you choose to run this, Fake Out must be replaced by a coverage move unless you want a useless moveslot. You can run Life Orb over Pixie Plate for the slight increase in power, but it typically isn't worth it due to the recoil impacting how many times you can use Diancie-Mega.
space
Of course, to get around recoil caused by Life Orb as well as any other sources, you can run a set utilizing Magic Guard, Head Smash, and Light of Ruin. This set does have its merits, such as also being immune to residual damage, such as entry hazards, poison, and Leech Seed. You also have more options in terms of moves to take advantage of this, such as Flare Blitz to deal with Steel-type Pokemon. In most cases, due to the revenge killing aspect as well as the power behind Pixilate Boomburst, the listed set is better.

Checks and Counters
**Bulky Steel-type Pokemon**: For reasons that should be obvious, Diancie-Mega's coverage to hit these Steel-types with is quite lacking, outside of your 4th move, depending on the scenario. In particular, Flash Fire Steel-type Pokemon will give Diancie-Mega the most grief without running Low Kick or similar coverage. They also take Diancie-Mega's attacks quite well, with specially defensive Registeel having a very low chance to be 3HKOed after Stealth Rock damage, barring critical hits.

**Bulky Soundproof Pokemon**: Diancie-Mega's prime nuke is Boomburst. Of course, Soundproof prevents Boomburst from doing anything as Boomburst is a sound move. In particular, physically defensive Soundproof Pokemon give this set a bit of grief, depending on the Pokemon. To get around Soundproof, you Mega Diancie can run Techno Blast over Boomburst as mentioned earlier.

**Groudon-Primal**: Groudon-Primal can switch in and take at least one hit from Diancie-Mega, depending on its investment and set, and can potentially outspeed and OHKO Diancie-Mega with the Ground-type move of its choice, if it carries Choice Scarf. If Diancie-Mega runs enough Special Attack investment, however, it Primal Groudon cannot switch in safely without it. Without investment? or without Choice Scarf? On the other hand, if it gets a free switch, it does not need a Choice Scarf to take out Diancie-Mega.

**Mewtwo-Mega-Y Mega Mewtwo Y**: Despite not being able to switch in on Diancie-Mega's attacks, if Protean Mewtwo-Mega-Y gets a free switch in, depending on its moveset, it can be a problem spell quite a bit of trouble for Diancie-Mega. In particular, it can use King's Shield to become a Steel-type to take Diancie-Mega's Extreme Speed, and OHKO it with Steam Eruption, Seed Flare, or whatever coverage move it has to deal with Mega Diancie. Non-Protean Mega Mewtwo Y can also force Diancie-Mega out with King's Shield due to the Attack drop.

**Mewtwo-Mega-X Mega Mewtwo X**: This is listed for similar reasons as Mega-Mewtwo-Y; it Mega Mewtwo X can't switch in safely without a slow U-turn or something similar, but Protean sets in particular can simply pick off Diancie-Mega with a move such as Thousand Arrows, after getting up a King's Shield, of course. Similar to Mewtwo-Mega-Y Mega Mewtwo Y, it can also force Diancie-Mega out without Protean after getting an Attack drop with King's Shield, but this is harder to do due to Mewtwo-Mega-X's weakness to Fairy.

1/2

Just fix all those Pokemon-Mega and -Primal

Last edited:
Reactions: EV

Pikachuun

Pikachuun

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

[OVERVIEW]

Mega Diancie-Mega this error runs rampant throughout this analysis with all kinds of Mega Evolutions; could you find+replace fix them all please? is a powerful force in the Balanced Hackmons metagame. With its very high offenses, seconded only by Deoxys-Attack and Rayquaza-Mega, as well as its good Speed stat, it is an exceptionally powerful wallbreaker that teams need to prepare for. The set that Diancie-Mega is known for, and is one of its best sets, Its best set utilizes the ability Pixilate to fire off high-power STAB attacks such as Boomburst, Techno Blast, or Extreme Speed, which become Fairy-type due to said ability. However, it is considered frail for the Balanced Hackmons metagame, despite possessing good defenses, due to its low HP. It is also mostly walled by the omnipresent Steel-types as well as Sturdy Shedinja, depending on Diancie-Mega's coverage. Overall, it is an effective glass cannon and, when used correctly, can sweep unprepared teams or revenge-kill certain threats.

[SET]
name: Standard Pixilate

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
================================

Fake Out is used for out-prioritizing other commonly used priority moves such as Extreme Speed, and is also used for free damage on your opponent. Extreme Speed is the most powerful priority move that currently exists, and has a higher priority than most other priority attacks barring Fake Out and Feint. Boomburst is an extremely powerful attack that bypasses the effects of Substitute. This move is oftentimes the go-to move to use due to its sheer power, even without investment. Techno Blast is an alternate option for Boomburst that has less PP, slightly less power, and doesn't bypass the effects of Substitute, but can be run over Boomburst due to it bypassing the effects of Soundproof. All four of these moves are boosted by Pixilate, and three out of the four options, most commonly Fake Out, Extreme Speed, and Boomburst, should always be used on Mega Diancie make up the first three moves of most Diancie-Megas' movesets.
In terms of the final move, several options can be run, (RC) depending on preference. King's Shield is a great move in Balanced Hackmons, as it can be used to scout your opponent's moveset, as well as protect you from most non-status moves. It can also sharply lower your opponent's Attack if they make contact. This effect applies to moves such as Fake Out from opposing Rayquaza-Mega or Diancie-Mega. Magma Storm is a coverage move that hits Steel-type Pokemon super effectively, which is the only thing that's going to be walling your Mega Diancie's STAB moves, barring Fur Coat Chansey and defensive Fire-types. It also destroys Sturdy Shedinja, another Balanced Hackmons threat, if it hits due to the residual damage bypassing its ability. Precipice Blades is an alternate option to hit both Steel- and Fire-type Pokemon super effectively; both of these types resist your Mega Diancie's STAB moves, with the latter also resisting Magma Storm, making this move a great alternate option.

Set Details

On this set, the EVs are maxed out in Attack to make sure Fake Out and Extreme Speed do the most damage possible, and maxed out in Speed to outpace other Diancie-Mega. However, if you want Boomburst to deal more damage rather than these two moves, you can move the EVs from Attack into Special Attack, which allows said move to 2HKO Primal Groudon and prevent non-Choice Scarf variants from switching in (252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 227-267 (56.1 - 66%), (AC) a -- guaranteed 2HKO). A Hasty or Naive nature, depending on preference, is run to outpace other Diancie-Mega as well, in addition to the rarer neutral-natured Rayquaza-Mega. If you desire more power, you can run a positive nature in either Attack or Special Attack. Pixilate is the ability of this set for obvious reasons; it turns your Mega Diancie's Normal-type moves into Fairy-type STAB moves, as well as gives these moves with a power bonus. Without this ability, there is virtually no reason to run these moves, unless you're attempting to bluff your opponent. In terms of items, Pixie Plate is the preferred option to boost the power of your the main attacks without any drawbacks. Safety Goggles is another viable option to prevent shenanigans such as Prankster Spore, or just Spore in general.

Usage Tips

Fake Out or Extreme Speed should be your the primary options if your opponent's Pokemon can outspeed or outprioritize Mega Diancie you. If this isn't true, or you predict your opponent to use King's Shield or something similar, clicking Boomburst is most likely the best option, as it does the most damage, even without investment. If your 4th Mega Diancie's move can hit the opponent super effectively and does more damage than Boomburst, or if your 4th move is either one of the shields and your opponent threatens to revenge-kill you, your 4th move using it is most likely the best option. This is most likely obvious due to its Mega Diancie's low bulk, but it is highly advised not to switch this in blindly, as it will take quite a bit of unnecessary damage, even from resisted hits.

Team Options

A teammate that can deal with Steel-type Pokemon reliably, such as Primal Groudon-Primal, is preferred, unless you decide to run the corresponding coverage move. Dealing with Sturdy Shedinja is also quite important, especially if your 4th Mega Diancie's fourth move is either a shield or Precipice Blades, as it can stop you in your tracks. Mold Breaker Pursuit and/or entry hazard support are some of the best ways to deal with it, so a teammate with either one of these two, or both if you choose to do so, is ideal. X and Y can provide this support. In addition to hazard support, a teammate that has a method to clear hazards from your side of the field, such as Defog, will also aid in making sure Diancie-Mega doesn't take too much prior damage, as its bulk is quite low for Balanced Hackmons standards.
space
Since Because
Diancie-Mega also has issues dealing with Groudon-Primal, Giratina, especially Fur Coat variants, also makes an excellent teammate. Additionally, if Giratina gets copied via Imposter or a similar method, Diancie-Mega can force it out. A Steel-type of your own, such as Registeel or Aegislash, as well as Sturdy Shedinja depending on Mega Diancie's moveset your 4th move, is also a good partner, in the all-too-common case that your Diancie-Mega becomes copied by an Imposter. This is to prevent your own Diancie-Mega set from sweeping you, which is exceptionally crucial to making a good Balanced Hackmons team. Another potential partner could be either an Assault Vest + Regenerator Pokemon or a Soundproof Pokemon to deal with your own Diancie-Mega set as well as other Diancie-Mega in general.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options

Spiky Shield is an alternate option to King's Shield and is also a great move in Balanced Hackmons for similar reasons. Unlike King's Shield, this move will also block status moves like Taunt, but instead of lowering Attack on contact, the opponent will take damage. Thousand Arrows can be run over Precipice Blades for higher accuracy as well as bypassing Ground immunities that would otherwise prevent you Mega Diancie from hitting Pokemon such as Ho-Oh super effectively. Spore can be run as your 4th the fourth move due to it being a good move in general as it causes nearly guaranteed sleep; I would highly recommend running Safety Goggles as your an item is highly recommended in this case, to prevent Pokemon with Magic Bounce or Pokemon who copied your that copy this set using Imposter from putting you Mega Diancie to sleep instead. Dark Void can also be run over Spore to bypass the effects of Safety Goggles as well as hit Grass-types, however it is harder to Imposter-proof this set if you choose to run it, and it also makes Magic Bounce harder to deal with. Infestation can be run as your 4th the fourth move to hit Sturdy Shedinja more reliably than Magma Storm, but this typically is not the best option. Explosion can be run as your 4th move because it is the strongest move, power-wise, in all of Pokemon, even getting boosted by Pixilate, but for reasons that are mostly obvious, it typically isn't preferred rephrase to explain why. Judgment is another option for your 4th move that allows you Mega Diancie to deal with almost any Pokemon you want by changing your its item to the corresponding plate; keep in mind that this works best if you invest in Special Attack rather than Attack. Volt Switch is yet another option for your 4th move that allows you to preserve momentum on a predicted switch, but keep in mind that you need to be more careful around Groudon-Primal, as it is immune to this and other Electric-type moves. Leech Seed is another option for your 4th move that KOs Shedinja on the switch as well as heals you and heals Mega Diancie by a slight amount if used on anything else; keep in mind that this can be turned against you using an ability like Mega Diancie with Magic Bounce.
space
In terms of different sets, a Choice Specs set can also be run to further increase Diancie-Mega's power, however, (RC) in most cases, the above set is the best one to use due to its revenge killing properties. A Choice Scarf set can also be run for surprise factor; if you choose to run this, Fake Out must be replaced by a coverage move unless you want a useless moveslot. You can run Life Orb over Pixie Plate for the slight increase in power, but it typically isn't worth it due to the recoil impacting how many times you can use Diancie-Mega.
space
Of course, to get around recoil caused by Life Orb as well as any other sources, you can run a set utilizing Magic Guard, Head Smash, and Light of Ruin. This set does have its merits, such as also being immune to residual damage, such as entry hazards, poison, and Leech Seed. You also have more options in terms of moves to take advantage of this, such as Flare Blitz to deal with Steel-type Pokemon. In most cases, due to the revenge killing aspect as well as the power behind Pixilate Boomburst, the listed set is better.

Checks and Counters
**Bulky Steel-type Pokemon**: For reasons that should be obvious, Diancie-Mega's coverage to hit these Steel-types with is quite lacking, outside of your 4th move, depending on the scenario. In particular, Flash Fire Steel-type Pokemon will give Diancie-Mega the most grief without running Low Kick or similar coverage. They also take Diancie-Mega's attacks quite well, with specially defensive Registeel having a very low chance to be 3HKOed after Stealth Rock damage, barring critical hits.

**Bulky Soundproof Pokemon**: Diancie-Mega's prime nuke is Boomburst. Of course, Soundproof prevents Boomburst from doing anything as Boomburst is a sound move. In particular, physically defensive Soundproof Pokemon give this set a bit of grief, depending on the Pokemon. To get around Soundproof, you Mega Diancie can run Techno Blast over Boomburst as mentioned earlier.

**Groudon-Primal**: Groudon-Primal can switch in and take at least one hit from Diancie-Mega, depending on its investment and set, and can potentially outspeed and OHKO Diancie-Mega with the Ground-type move of its choice, if it carries Choice Scarf. If Diancie-Mega runs enough Special Attack investment, however, it Primal Groudon cannot switch in safely without it. Without investment? or without Choice Scarf? On the other hand, if it gets a free switch, it does not need a Choice Scarf to take out Diancie-Mega.

**Mewtwo-Mega-Y Mega Mewtwo Y**: Despite not being able to switch in on Diancie-Mega's attacks, if Protean Mewtwo-Mega-Y gets a free switch in, depending on its moveset, it can be a problem spell quite a bit of trouble for Diancie-Mega. In particular, it can use King's Shield to become a Steel-type to take Diancie-Mega's Extreme Speed, and OHKO it with Steam Eruption, Seed Flare, or whatever coverage move it has to deal with Mega Diancie. Non-Protean Mega Mewtwo Y can also force Diancie-Mega out with King's Shield due to the Attack drop.

**Mewtwo-Mega-X Mega Mewtwo X**: This is listed for similar reasons as Mega-Mewtwo-Y; it Mega Mewtwo X can't switch in safely without a slow U-turn or something similar, but Protean sets in particular can simply pick off Diancie-Mega with a move such as Thousand Arrows, after getting up a King's Shield, of course. Similar to Mewtwo-Mega-Y Mega Mewtwo Y, it can also force Diancie-Mega out without Protean after getting an Attack drop with King's Shield, but this is harder to do due to Mewtwo-Mega-X's weakness to Fairy.

1/2

Just fix all those Pokemon-Mega and -Primal
Did this, but changed "can bypass Soundproof" to "bypasses Soundproof," as it always bypasses said ability, if that's okay with you.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 2/2
add remove comment

tag/quote me if you have any questions!
hitting "reply" on this post will also make implementing easier and more accurate.
[OVERVIEW]

Mega Diancie is a powerful force in the Balanced Hackmons metagame. With its very high offenses, seconded beaten (or something similar; "seconded" is kind of a weird choice here) only by Deoxys-Attack and Mega Rayquaza, as well as its good Speed stat, it is an exceptionally powerful wallbreaker that teams need to prepare for. Its best set utilizes the ability Pixilate to fire off high-powered STAB attacks such as Boomburst, Techno Blast, or and Extreme Speed, which become Fairy-type due to said ability. However, it is considered frail for the Balanced Hackmons metagame, despite possessing good defenses, due to its low HP. It is also mostly walled by the omnipresent Steel-types as well as Sturdy Shedinja, depending on Mega Diancie's coverage. Overall, it is an effective glass cannon.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
==========

Fake Out is used for outprioritizing other commonly used priority moves such as Extreme Speed, (remove comma) and for free damage on the foe your opponent. Extreme Speed is the most powerful priority move that currently exists, and it has a higher priority than most other priority attacks barring Fake Out and Feint. Boomburst bypasses the effects of Substitute. This move is oftentimes the go-to move to use due to its sheer power, even without investment. Techno Blast is an alternate option for over Boomburst that has less fewer PP, and slightly less power, and while it doesn't bypass the effects of Substitute, but it does bypasses the effects of Soundproof. All four of these moves are boosted by Pixilate, and three out of the four options, most commonly Fake Out, Extreme Speed, and Boomburst, should always be used on Mega Diancie.
In terms of the final move, several options can be run depending on preference. King's Shield can be used to scout your opponent's the foe's moveset, as well as protect you Mega Diancie from most non-status moves. It can also sharply lower your opponent's the foe's Attack if they make contact. This effect applies to moves such as Fake Out from opposing Mega Rayquaza or Mega Diancie. Magma Storm hits Steel-types super effectively, which is are the only Pokemon that are thing that's going to be walling Mega Diancie's STAB moves, (remove comma) barring Fur Coat Chansey and defensive Fire-types, super effectively. It also destroys Sturdy Shedinja, another Balanced Hackmons threat, if it hits (is this necessary?) due to the residual damage bypassing its ability. Precipice Blades is an alternate option to hit both Steel- and Fire-types super effectively; both of these types resist Mega Diancie's STAB moves, with the latter also resisting Magma Storm, making this move a great alternate option.

Set Details
===========

On this set, the Attack EVs are maximized maxed out in Attack to make sure Fake Out and Extreme Speed do the most damage possible, and maxed out in Speed EVs are maximized to outpace other Mega Diancie. However, if you want Boomburst to deal more damage rather than these two moves, you can move the EVs from Attack into Special Attack, which allows said move to 2HKO Primal Groudon and prevent non-Choice Scarf variants from switching in (252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 227-267 (56.1 - 66%), a guaranteed 2HKO). (is the parenthetical aside necessary?) A Hasty or Naive nature, depending on preference, is run to outpace other Mega Diancie as well, in addition to the rarer neutral-natured Mega Rayquaza. If you desire more power, you can run a positive nature in either Attack or Special Attack. Pixilate is the ability of this set for obvious reasons; it turns Mega Diancie's Normal-type moves into Fairy-type STAB moves, with a power bonus. Without this ability, there is virtually no reason to run these moves, unless you're attempting to bluff a different set to your opponent. In terms of items, Pixie Plate is the preferred option to boost the power of the main attacks without any drawbacks. Safety Goggles is another viable option to prevent Prankster Spore, or just Spore in general.

Usage Tips
===========

Fake Out or Extreme Speed should be the primary options (either change it to "Fake out and Extreme Speed" or change options to option) if your opponent's Pokemon can outspeed or outprioritize Mega Diancie. If this isn't true, or you predict your opponent to use King's Shield or something similar, clicking Boomburst is most likely the best option, as it does the most damage, even without investment. If Mega Diancie's fourth move can hit the opponent foe super effectively and does more damage than Boomburst, or is one of the shields, using it is most likely the best option. This is most likely obvious due to Mega Diancie's low bulk, but it is highly advised not to switch Mega Diancie in blindly, as it will take quite a bit of unnecessary damage, even from resisted hits.

Team Options
===========

A teammate that can deal with Steel-types reliably, such as Primal Groudon, is preferred, unless you decide to run the corresponding coverage move. Dealing with Sturdy Shedinja is also quite important, especially if Mega Diancie's fourth move is either a shield (out of curiosity, what other shield moves are there besides King's Shield? I can think of Spiky Shield, but unless I'm mistaken that would deal with Shedinja.) or Precipice Blades, as it can stop you Mega Diancie in your its tracks. Mold Breaker Pursuit and/or entry hazard support are some of the best ways to deal with it. Any Pokemon can fufill at least one of roles, but one of the best is Primal Groudon due to its bulk and offensive pressure. In addition to entry hazard support, a teammate that has a method to clear entry hazards from your side of the field, such as Defog, will also aid in making sure Mega Diancie doesn't take too much prior damage, as its bulk is quite low for Balanced Hackmons standards.

Because Mega Diancie also has issues dealing with Primal Groudon, Giratina, especially Fur Coat variants, also makes for an excellent teammate. Additionally, if Giratina gets copied via Imposter or a similar method, Mega Diancie can force it out. A Steel-type of your own, such as Registeel or Aegislash, as well as Sturdy Shedinja depending on Mega Diancie's moveset, is also a good partner, (remove comma) in the all-too-common case that your Mega Diancie becomes copied by an Imposter. This is to prevent your own Mega Diancie set from sweeping you, which is exceptionally crucial to making a good Balanced Hackmons team. Another potential partner could be either an Assault Vest + Regenerator Pokemon or a Soundproof Pokemon to deal with your own Mega Diancie set as well as other Mega Diancie in general.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
===========

Spiky Shield is an alternate option to over ("alternative to" makes sense; "option over" makes sense; "(alternate) option to" doesn't quite work) King's Shield. Unlike King's Shield, this move will also block status moves like such as Taunt, but instead of lowering Attack on contact, (remove comma) it will cause the opponent will to take damage. Thousand Arrows can be run over Precipice Blades for higher accuracy as well as the ability to bypassing Ground immunities that would otherwise prevent Mega Diancie from hitting Pokemon such as Ho-Oh super effectively. Spore can be run as the fourth move due to it causing sleep; running Safety Goggles as an item is highly recommended in this case, (remove comma) to prevent Pokemon with Magic Bounce or Pokemon that copied this set using Imposter from putting Mega Diancie to sleep instead. Dark Void can also be run over Spore to bypass the effects of Safety Goggles as well as hit Grass-types,; (semicolon) however, (comma) it is harder to Imposter-proof this set if you choose to run it, and it also makes Magic Bounce harder to deal with. Infestation can be run as the fourth move to hit Sturdy Shedinja more reliably than Magma Storm, but this typically is not the best option. Explosion is the strongest move, power-wise, in all of Pokemon, even getting boosted by Pixilate, but due to the fact that it causes Mega Diancie to faint instantly, it typically isn't preferable. Judgment allows Mega Diancie to deal with almost any Pokemon you want by changing its item to the corresponding plate; keep in mind that this works best if you invest in Special Attack rather than Attack. Volt Switch is yet another option to preserve momentum on a predicted switch, but keep in mind that you need to be more careful around Primal Groudon, as it is immune to this and other Electric-type moves. Leech Seed KOes Sturdy Shedinja on the switch and heals Mega Diancie by a slight amount if used on anything else; keep in mind that this can be turned against Mega Diancie with Magic Bounce.

In terms of different sets, a Choice Specs set can also be run to further increase Mega Diancie's power, however, but in most cases, the above set (if you can describe the set some other way, that would be preferred here, in the (unlikely) event that the set is removed or another set is added but the editor doesn't change this part here (therefore making "the above set" ambiguous). "the Pixilate set" would work, if Pixilate is unique to that set; if there isn't an easy way to describe it that's fine) is the best one to use due to its revenge killing properties. A Choice Scarf set can also be run for surprise factor; if you choose to run this, Fake Out must be replaced by a coverage move. You can run Life Orb over Pixie Plate for the slight increase in power, but it typically isn't worth it due to the recoil impacting how many times you can use Mega Diancie.

Of course, to get around recoil caused by Life Orb as well as any other sources, you can run a set utilizing Magic Guard, Head Smash, and Light of Ruin. This set does have its merits, such as also being immune to entry hazards, poison, and Leech Seed. You also have more options in terms of moves to take advantage of this, such as Flare Blitz to deal with Steel-types. In most cases, due to the revenge killing aspect as well as the power behind Pixilate Boomburst, the listed set (see previous comment) is better.

Checks and Counters
===========
(space)
**Bulky Steel-types**: Mega Diancie's coverage to hit Steel-types with is quite lacking. In particular, Flash Fire Steel-types will give Mega Diancie the most grief if it isn't without running Precipice Blades or similar coverage. They also take Mega Diancie's attacks quite well, with specially defensive Registeel having a very low chance to be 3HKOed after Stealth Rock damage, barring critical hits.

**Bulky Soundproof Pokemon**: Mega Diancie's prime nuke is Boomburst. Of course, Soundproof prevents Boomburst from doing anything, (comma) as Boomburst is a sound move. In particular, physically defensive Soundproof Pokemon give this set a bit of grief, depending on the Pokemon. To get around Soundproof, Mega Diancie can run Techno Blast over Boomburst.

**Primal Groudon**: Primal Groudon can switch in and take at least one hit from Mega Diancie, depending on its investment and set, and can potentially outspeed and OHKO Mega Diancie with the Ground-type move of its choice, if it carries Choice Scarf. If Mega Diancie runs enough Special Attack investment, however, Primal Groudon cannot switch in safely without a Choice Scarf. On the other hand, if it gets a free switch, it does not need a Choice Scarf to take out Mega Diancie.

**Mega Mewtwo Y**: Despite not being able to switch in on Mega Diancie's attacks, if Protean Mega Mewtwo Y gets a free switch it can be a problem for Mega Diancie. In particular, it can use King's Shield to become a Steel-type to take Mega Diancie's Extreme Speed, (remove comma) and then OHKO it with Steam Eruption, Seed Flare, or whatever coverage move it has to deal with Mega Diancie. Non-Protean Mega Mewtwo Y can also force Mega Diancie out with King's Shield due to the Attack drop.

**Mega Mewtwo X**: This is listed for similar reasons as Mega Mewtwo Y; Mega Mewtwo X can't switch in safely without a slow U-turn or something similar, but Protean sets in particular can simply pick off Mega Diancie with a move such as Thousand Arrows, after getting up a King's Shield, of course. Similarly to Mega Mewtwo Y, it can also force Mega Diancie out without Protean after getting an Attack drop with King's Shield, but this is harder to do due to Mega Mewtwo X's weakness to Fairy.

also i was unaware you didn't need Mega Stones to use Mega Pokemon in Balanced Hackmons :o

Last edited:

Pikachuun

GP 2/2
add remove comment

tag/quote me if you have any questions!
hitting "reply" on this post will also make implementing easier and more accurate.
[OVERVIEW]

Mega Diancie is a powerful force in the Balanced Hackmons metagame. With its very high offenses, seconded beaten (or something similar; "seconded" is kind of a weird choice here) only by Deoxys-Attack and Mega Rayquaza, as well as its good Speed stat, it is an exceptionally powerful wallbreaker that teams need to prepare for. Its best set utilizes the ability Pixilate to fire off high-powered STAB attacks such as Boomburst, Techno Blast, or and Extreme Speed, which become Fairy-type due to said ability. However, it is considered frail for the Balanced Hackmons metagame, despite possessing good defenses, due to its low HP. It is also mostly walled by the omnipresent Steel-types as well as Sturdy Shedinja, depending on Mega Diancie's coverage. Overall, it is an effective glass cannon.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
==========

Fake Out is used for outprioritizing other commonly used priority moves such as Extreme Speed, (remove comma) and for free damage on the foe your opponent. Extreme Speed is the most powerful priority move that currently exists, and it has a higher priority than most other priority attacks barring Fake Out and Feint. Boomburst bypasses the effects of Substitute. This move is oftentimes the go-to move to use due to its sheer power, even without investment. Techno Blast is an alternate option for over Boomburst that has less fewer PP, and slightly less power, and while it doesn't bypass the effects of Substitute, but it does bypasses the effects of Soundproof. All four of these moves are boosted by Pixilate, and three out of the four options, most commonly Fake Out, Extreme Speed, and Boomburst, should always be used on Mega Diancie.
In terms of the final move, several options can be run depending on preference. King's Shield can be used to scout your opponent's the foe's moveset, as well as protect you Mega Diancie from most non-status moves. It can also sharply lower your opponent's the foe's Attack if they make contact. This effect applies to moves such as Fake Out from opposing Mega Rayquaza or Mega Diancie. Magma Storm hits Steel-types super effectively, which is are the only Pokemon that are thing that's going to be walling Mega Diancie's STAB moves, (remove comma) barring Fur Coat Chansey and defensive Fire-types, super effectively. It also destroys Sturdy Shedinja, another Balanced Hackmons threat, if it hits (is this necessary?) due to the residual damage bypassing its ability. Precipice Blades is an alternate option to hit both Steel- and Fire-types super effectively; both of these types resist Mega Diancie's STAB moves, with the latter also resisting Magma Storm, making this move a great alternate option.

Set Details
===========

On this set, the Attack EVs are maximized maxed out in Attack to make sure Fake Out and Extreme Speed do the most damage possible, and maxed out in Speed EVs are maximized to outpace other Mega Diancie. However, if you want Boomburst to deal more damage rather than these two moves, you can move the EVs from Attack into Special Attack, which allows said move to 2HKO Primal Groudon and prevent non-Choice Scarf variants from switching in (252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 227-267 (56.1 - 66%), a guaranteed 2HKO). (is the parenthetical aside necessary?) A Hasty or Naive nature, depending on preference, is run to outpace other Mega Diancie as well, in addition to the rarer neutral-natured Mega Rayquaza. If you desire more power, you can run a positive nature in either Attack or Special Attack. Pixilate is the ability of this set for obvious reasons; it turns Mega Diancie's Normal-type moves into Fairy-type STAB moves, with a power bonus. Without this ability, there is virtually no reason to run these moves, unless you're attempting to bluff a different set to your opponent. In terms of items, Pixie Plate is the preferred option to boost the power of the main attacks without any drawbacks. Safety Goggles is another viable option to prevent Prankster Spore, or just Spore in general.

Usage Tips
===========

Fake Out or Extreme Speed should be the primary options (either change it to "Fake out and Extreme Speed" or change options to option) if your opponent's Pokemon can outspeed or outprioritize Mega Diancie. If this isn't true, or you predict your opponent to use King's Shield or something similar, clicking Boomburst is most likely the best option, as it does the most damage, even without investment. If Mega Diancie's fourth move can hit the opponent foe super effectively and does more damage than Boomburst, or is one of the shields, using it is most likely the best option. This is most likely obvious due to Mega Diancie's low bulk, but it is highly advised not to switch Mega Diancie in blindly, as it will take quite a bit of unnecessary damage, even from resisted hits.

Team Options
===========

A teammate that can deal with Steel-types reliably, such as Primal Groudon, is preferred, unless you decide to run the corresponding coverage move. Dealing with Sturdy Shedinja is also quite important, especially if Mega Diancie's fourth move is either a shield (out of curiosity, what other shield moves are there besides King's Shield? I can think of Spiky Shield, but unless I'm mistaken that would deal with Shedinja.) or Precipice Blades, as it can stop you Mega Diancie in your its tracks. Mold Breaker Pursuit and/or entry hazard support are some of the best ways to deal with it. Any Pokemon can fufill at least one of roles, but one of the best is Primal Groudon due to its bulk and offensive pressure. In addition to entry hazard support, a teammate that has a method to clear entry hazards from your side of the field, such as Defog, will also aid in making sure Mega Diancie doesn't take too much prior damage, as its bulk is quite low for Balanced Hackmons standards.

Because Mega Diancie also has issues dealing with Primal Groudon, Giratina, especially Fur Coat variants, also makes for an excellent teammate. Additionally, if Giratina gets copied via Imposter or a similar method, Mega Diancie can force it out. A Steel-type of your own, such as Registeel or Aegislash, as well as Sturdy Shedinja depending on Mega Diancie's moveset, is also a good partner, (remove comma) in the all-too-common case that your Mega Diancie becomes copied by an Imposter. This is to prevent your own Mega Diancie set from sweeping you, which is exceptionally crucial to making a good Balanced Hackmons team. Another potential partner could be either an Assault Vest + Regenerator Pokemon or a Soundproof Pokemon to deal with your own Mega Diancie set as well as other Mega Diancie in general.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
===========

Spiky Shield is an alternate option to over ("alternative to" makes sense; "option over" makes sense; "(alternate) option to" doesn't quite work) King's Shield. Unlike King's Shield, this move will also block status moves like such as Taunt, but instead of lowering Attack on contact, (remove comma) it will cause the opponent will to take damage. Thousand Arrows can be run over Precipice Blades for higher accuracy as well as the ability to bypassing Ground immunities that would otherwise prevent Mega Diancie from hitting Pokemon such as Ho-Oh super effectively. Spore can be run as the fourth move due to it causing sleep; running Safety Goggles as an item is highly recommended in this case, (remove comma) to prevent Pokemon with Magic Bounce or Pokemon that copied this set using Imposter from putting Mega Diancie to sleep instead. Dark Void can also be run over Spore to bypass the effects of Safety Goggles as well as hit Grass-types,; (semicolon) however, (comma) it is harder to Imposter-proof this set if you choose to run it, and it also makes Magic Bounce harder to deal with. Infestation can be run as the fourth move to hit Sturdy Shedinja more reliably than Magma Storm, but this typically is not the best option. Explosion is the strongest move, power-wise, in all of Pokemon, even getting boosted by Pixilate, but due to the fact that it causes Mega Diancie to faint instantly, it typically isn't preferable. Judgment allows Mega Diancie to deal with almost any Pokemon you want by changing its item to the corresponding plate; keep in mind that this works best if you invest in Special Attack rather than Attack. Volt Switch is yet another option to preserve momentum on a predicted switch, but keep in mind that you need to be more careful around Primal Groudon, as it is immune to this and other Electric-type moves. Leech Seed KOes Sturdy Shedinja on the switch and heals Mega Diancie by a slight amount if used on anything else; keep in mind that this can be turned against Mega Diancie with Magic Bounce.

In terms of different sets, a Choice Specs set can also be run to further increase Mega Diancie's power, however, but in most cases, the above set (if you can describe the set some other way, that would be preferred here, in the (unlikely) event that the set is removed or another set is added but the editor doesn't change this part here (therefore making "the above set" ambiguous). "the Pixilate set" would work, if Pixilate is unique to that set; if there isn't an easy way to describe it that's fine) is the best one to use due to its revenge killing properties. A Choice Scarf set can also be run for surprise factor; if you choose to run this, Fake Out must be replaced by a coverage move. You can run Life Orb over Pixie Plate for the slight increase in power, but it typically isn't worth it due to the recoil impacting how many times you can use Mega Diancie.

Of course, to get around recoil caused by Life Orb as well as any other sources, you can run a set utilizing Magic Guard, Head Smash, and Light of Ruin. This set does have its merits, such as also being immune to entry hazards, poison, and Leech Seed. You also have more options in terms of moves to take advantage of this, such as Flare Blitz to deal with Steel-types. In most cases, due to the revenge killing aspect as well as the power behind Pixilate Boomburst, the listed set (see previous comment) is better.

Checks and Counters
===========
(space)
**Bulky Steel-types**: Mega Diancie's coverage to hit Steel-types with is quite lacking. In particular, Flash Fire Steel-types will give Mega Diancie the most grief if it isn't without running Precipice Blades or similar coverage. They also take Mega Diancie's attacks quite well, with specially defensive Registeel having a very low chance to be 3HKOed after Stealth Rock damage, barring critical hits.

**Bulky Soundproof Pokemon**: Mega Diancie's prime nuke is Boomburst. Of course, Soundproof prevents Boomburst from doing anything, (comma) as Boomburst is a sound move. In particular, physically defensive Soundproof Pokemon give this set a bit of grief, depending on the Pokemon. To get around Soundproof, Mega Diancie can run Techno Blast over Boomburst.

**Mega Mewtwo Y**: Despite not being able to switch in on Mega Diancie's attacks, if Protean Mega Mewtwo Y gets a free switch it can be a problem for Mega Diancie. In particular, it can use King's Shield to become a Steel-type to take Mega Diancie's Extreme Speed, (remove comma) and then OHKO it with Steam Eruption, Seed Flare, or whatever coverage move it has to deal with Mega Diancie. Non-Protean Mega Mewtwo Y can also force Mega Diancie out with King's Shield due to the Attack drop.

Did this; the analysis should be complete now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)