Balanced Hackmons CCAT (Playtesting)

Okay, so Kit wins, obviously. Now we've got a complete team which is obviously going to need some work.

Current team members:

Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Water Spout
- Leech Seed
- Ice Beam

Metagross-Mega @ Earth Plate
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Judgment
- King's Shield
- Psystrike

Salamence-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Roost
- King's Shield
- Oblivion Wing
- Spore

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Wish
- Spiky Shield
- Metal Burst
- Baton Pass

Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Magma Storm
- Boomburst

Immanent God (Ho-Oh) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- V-create
- Spore
- Pursuit

Why do we have two Fur Coat users? How are we possibly going to make Mega Metagross with Competitive useful?

These are questions for you to answer in the next stage, the playtesting stage. Try out this team in tournaments or on the ladder, see how it does, and then propose changes!

I'm not sure exactly how this process will work, so if you have suggestions, let me know.

Tried it out for one battle, and the immediate problem is that there is no hazard control.

1) That being said, I'm not too convinced we *need* wishpass right now, so I would vote for slack off + defog over wish + spiky shield on chansey.

2) Megagross doesn't seem to feel too handy, so maybe that could be replaced with a magic bouncer.

Just my thoughts. (Also, any reason why Ho-oh is being used over Groudon-P? Note that lance made that team before Groudon-P was released)

I actually faced this team on the ladder, (idk who was using it). First off,mega meta is totally useless. His set is more gimmick then anything. The team seems very vulnerable to the "Power 5." Kyogre sets up on half the team, and the rest of the team doesn't counter as well as one would hope. Mega Mence isn't the most optimal P-Don counter, and is absolutely torched by Moldy sets. Protean MMx beats most of this team 1v1, and switching in on him looks like a struggle. MMy is at least handled by Chansey. Kyogre-P, is super good though, and Ho-oh's set is great, even if not on the most optimal pokemon.

So I think we can all agree that megagross has to go, I'd suggest another steel type as chansey while being good isn't the best option to deal with -ates. A magic bounce or prankster registeel could fit well.

And salamence was cool when assist was a thing, but assist isn't a thing anymore. So we could change that too.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Permission from TEG to bump

Alright so I've used this team and a variation of it for a few games now, and I have a couple suggestions to make. First of all, the initial comments have proven correct. The team is in need of hazard control, and MegaGross is terribad, it usually got a little chip damage in and was then basically death fodder ._. The only stat dropping move in BH is Defog, and that is rare without Spikes support, not to mention MegaGross isn't the best special attacker even when boosted. So here is what I think is a better team based upon making little changes to the existing mons (but scrapping MegaGross, it is a gimmick and not very effective in practice):

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Water Spout
- Leech Seed
- Ice Beam

Kyogre is great!

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spore
- Heal Order
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Replaced MegaGross for Prankster pivot Registeel, specially defensive takes a +1 252+ SpA Water Spout from POgre while only having a 3.4% chance to be 3HKOed by MegaRay's Boomburst. Parting Shot pivots, recovery and Spore obviously recover and spread sleep, Defog is necessary and Registeel is immune to Toxic Spikes (which I've seen a lot of lately) and resistant to Stealth Rock so it is a pretty good hazard remover. Complete Taunt bait, but if you play Registeel correctly you shouldn't need it.

Giratina @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: NaN Atk / 0 Spe
- Roost
- King's Shield
- Metal Burst
- Heal Bell

Changed to Tina, its a better Fur Coat user than MegaMence imo, changed Oblivion Wing to Metal Burst and tweaked EVs to give it less speed, changed Spore to Heal Bell cuz I gave Regi Spore and the team was weak to status. Also, 3 Spore mons on the same team is kinda overkill. Leftovers replaced Goggles since you no longer need to worry about bouncers Sporing you.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Spiky Shield
- Metal Burst
- Baton Pass

Great! The only thing about this is that the ability could be changed. Bounce would be cool so POgre doesn't Seed you, although Regen allows it to recover health when it pivots out to pass Wishes. Fur Coat is alright for now, however, what do you guys think?

Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Magma Storm
- Boomburst

Awesome!

Ability: Turboblaze
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- V-create
- Spore
- Pursuit

Cool set, fuck Sheddy! Changed Moldy to Turboblaze cuz Turboblaze sounds cooler and Ho-Oh is a Fire-type :3 Could be changed to PDon, but that is probably gonna get banned, and changing it twice is meh

The team could probably use a little more tweaking, what are your guys' opinions on it?

Permission from TEG to bump

Alright so I've used this team and a variation of it for a few games now, and I have a couple suggestions to make. First of all, the initial comments have proven correct. The team is in need of hazard control, and MegaGross is terribad, it usually got a little chip damage in and was then basically death fodder ._. The only stat dropping move in BH is Defog, and that is rare without Spikes support, not to mention MegaGross isn't the best special attacker even when boosted. So here is what I think is a better team based upon making little changes to the existing mons (but scrapping MegaGross, it is a gimmick and not very effective in practice):

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Water Spout
- Leech Seed
- Ice Beam

Kyogre is great!

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spore
- Heal Order
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Replaced MegaGross for Prankster pivot Registeel, specially defensive takes a +1 252+ SpA Water Spout from POgre while only having a 3.4% chance to be 3HKOed by MegaRay's Boomburst. Parting Shot pivots, recovery and Spore obviously recover and spread sleep, Defog is necessary and Registeel is immune to Toxic Spikes (which I've seen a lot of lately) and resistant to Stealth Rock so it is a pretty good hazard remover. Complete Taunt bait, but if you play Registeel correctly you shouldn't need it.

Giratina @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: NaN Atk / 0 Spe
- Roost
- King's Shield
- Metal Burst
- Heal Bell

Changed to Tina, its a better Fur Coat user than MegaMence imo, changed Oblivion Wing to Metal Burst and tweaked EVs to give it less speed, changed Spore to Heal Bell cuz I gave Regi Spore and the team was weak to status. Also, 3 Spore mons on the same team is kinda overkill. Leftovers replaced Goggles since you no longer need to worry about bouncers Sporing you.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Spiky Shield
- Metal Burst
- Baton Pass

Great! The only thing about this is that the ability could be changed. Bounce would be cool so POgre doesn't Seed you, although Regen allows it to recover health when it pivots out to pass Wishes. Fur Coat is alright for now, however, what do you guys think?

Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Magma Storm
- Boomburst

Awesome!

Ability: Turboblaze
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- V-create
- Spore
- Pursuit

Cool set, fuck Sheddy! Changed Moldy to Turboblaze cuz Turboblaze sounds cooler and Ho-Oh is a Fire-type :3 Could be changed to PDon, but that is probably gonna get banned, and changing it twice is meh

The team could probably use a little more tweaking, what are your guys' opinions on it?

This is a much better team then the one we have, I suggest switching Ice Beam with Moonblast On PH Ogre, the team doesn't really have anything on other PH ogres. Running Moonblast gives us the edge in battles with other PH Ogres since it enables us to beat the other ogre without relying on a crit. I would also change Water Spout to Steam Eruption, running moonblast makes us more vulnerable to Imposter crits, so run a burn move to shorten the fight with Imposters. Other then that i like the team.

EV

Banned deucer.
I appreciate the initiative but having one person "fix" the team defeats the purpose of CCAT. Let's either fix it together or make a new one. If it needs more than a few tweaks it's best to start from scratch anyway. BH is and always will be fluid.

In both cases waiting for the suspect test to end might be the best time to start.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
This is a much better team then the one we have, I suggest switching Ice Beam with Moonblast On PH Ogre, the team doesn't really have anything on other PH ogres. Running Moonblast gives us the edge in battles with other PH Ogres since it enables us to beat the other ogre without relying on a crit. I would also change Water Spout to Steam Eruption, running moonblast makes us more vulnerable to Imposter crits, so run a burn move to shorten the fight with Imposters. Other then that i like the team.
Moonblast could be run yeah, and a burn move is cool, but I would rather have Scald, as more PP is better imo. I don't know if the team will need any more tweaks (I've only done 3 battles with the new one, 2 of which were forfeits before turn 5 :/) but I agree with TEG that if we make a new one it would be better to do so after the suspect.

the problem with moonblast is that it makes kyogre more vulnerable to imposter, which is part of the reason kyogre has ice beam at all.
and yes,i also agree,wait until the suspect's over. playtesting right now will just end up you getting slaughtered by all the GKR alts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)