Balanced, Bulky, and Beautiful ("Stallfense")

This is my first sixth gen team, and my first OU-oriented team since Gen IV (I skipped V's ridiculous OU tier). However, I still used a couple not-completely-OU Pokemon. They still pull their weight, though, mostly. Like the title says, it's very much a bulky offense/stall "stallfense" team. Well, how stall-oriented it is is questionable. Vileplume and Gliscor are kind of stally. Haha. I mostly thought stallfense was just a cool word combo. Anyway, here we go...

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 96 Atk / 168 SpA / 244 Spd
Naive Nature
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power Electric
-U-Turn

Basically what I use as my lead. It's been pretty successful because most players put their hazards mons out, and they don't always expect me to go ahead and KO them instead of setting up my own hazards. If something isn't weak to one of its Special attacks, I U-Turn out to a check (or U-Turn if I predict a switch). I'm using Surf over Hydro Pump because of the accuracy. I haven't done any calcs on what essentially 30 more base power can kill, though. U-Turn is pretty useful, too. I've tried HP Fire and HP Electric, but Electric seems to have a little more usefulness (especially since I have very little ways to counter water types).

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spd
Adamant Nature
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Bulk Up
-Roost

Standard Bulk Up set. This one is pretty wonderful, and is more or less the star of the team. My other Pokemon kind of function around him, and he was the first Pokemon of the team. His set is mostly complete. A set with more HP could be useful, but I don't know.

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
-Shadow Sneak
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond
-Will-O-Wisp

Very much a huge utility Pokemon for the team. Get in, Burn/revenge-kill something, get out or kill something else. Having all those EVs in Attack just for one attack with low base power might seem a little excessive, but otherwise it can't revenge kill anything. Plus why waste the 165 base Attack stat? I've used Pain Split in place of Taunt, and I can't decide which is better. Banette's role is more of a suicidal one than a stalling one, though.

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll (because apparently Effect Spore is incompatible with one of its moves or something. Idk. Smogon wouldn't let me do it)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed
-Aromatherapy
-Sleep Powder

Vilplume is actually pretty good on this team. A good cleric. Her typing makes her immune to Spore and Leech Seed and Toxic, and her build lets her take physical attacks from the Pokemon she'll be disabling. Basically what does is come in, put something to Sleep, and either stay in Leech Seed and stuff or switch to a counter. Aromatherapy is really nice, too, because this team does not like status at all. It makes her useful over Amoongus and the like.

Scizor Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Standard Choice Band set. I needed something bulky with coverage, and after skipping using her last gen I decided this team was well worthy of her wonderfulness. It's pretty great, and I don't think it needs much more explaining.

GliscorToxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Atk / 32 Def
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Defog
-Stealth Rock

A wonderful addition to the team. I needed a way to set and remove hazards, and Gliscor was the perfect blend of offense, defense, and utility. I have so many EVs in Attack because this team needs to extra offensive power. Ice Fang is questionable, but Gliscor appreciates the extra attack.

-Stuff-
This team works pretty well together, but it definitely has its weaknesses. Banette's utility is questionable. I love it, but sometimes it doesn't pull its weight. It's definitely a niche Pokemon. Especially since it's my Mega. But I do love its design, haha.
Another issue is special attacks. This team has a lot of physical defense, but I often struggle with special attackers. Most teams don't carry more than 1 or 2 really tough ones, but more than that would be trouble.
Another issue is slight lack of coverage. I don't have an offensive Rock move anywhere, and that worries me, haha. But it hasn't been too big of an issue so far, so I'm not sure if it matters. (there might be other coverage issues, but that's just one that stuck out to me)
So yeah, I'm open to any advice anyone has. Thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)