Back from the Dead(Platnium-based OU Team)

With Garchomp 'unfortunately' in ubers, I quit battling for a bit. But I wanted to have good battles again, so about a month after Chomp's ubering I crafted a new team from scratch, and started to use it on the Smogon ladder. I'd like to say this is the first good team I've made in a bit. Without further stall, here is my team at a glance:

The Slaves:

Anti-Fairy/Azelf
Ability: Levitate
Move 1: Psychic
Move 2: Nasty Plot
Move 3: Flamethrower
Move 4: Grass Knot/Thunderbolt
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EV Spread: 4/0/0/252/0/252

Azelf is one of my two special sweepers and my lead. Most Azelf leads are suicide leads who just set up SR then assplode, but this one is different. My Azelf is designed to set up with Nasty Plot and try to sweep a team. Azelf's STAB Psychic coming off a respectable 349 SpA hurts like hell, especially with Life Orb and the possiblity of having doubled SpA. Flamethrower is for the Steel type retards who desire to come in on Psychic, and will OHKO a Scizor switchin. Grass Knot is on this set to smack Water and Ground types for double damage, but lately, I've been heavily considering Thunderbolt for Gyarados and Vaporeon.

DeathBlade/Scizor(M)
Ability: Technician
Move 1: X-Scissor
Move 2: Bullet Punch
Move 3: Swords Dance
Move 4: Brick Break
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EV Spread: 40/252/0/0/0/216

One of my two physical sweepers, this badass is the cleaner of the team, so long as I keep him out of the way of Timid Magnezone, of course. We all know from experience a STAB Technician boosted Bullet Punch coming off of almost 400 Attack with Life Orb f***ing hurts, and Swords Dance is simply icing on the cake. X-Scissor is my other form of STAB and will kill Celebi and Cresselia(provided they don't have HP Fire) and is my strongest move against Water types. Brick Break is simply here for Heatran and Magnezone, who take both my STAB's like a man and OHKO me with a Fire move. It is also great against those dual screen leads.

Vulcan/Heatran(M)
Ability: Flash Fire
Move 1: Flamethrower
Move 2: Earth Power
Move 3: Dragon Pulse
Move 4: Hidden Power(Electric)
Item: Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
EV Spread: 36/0/0/252/0/220

Heatran is my other special sweeper and the harder hitting of the two. I usually switch him in when I predict a fire attack aimed at Scizor or a WoW aimed at Mence, in which case my already strong Choice Specs Flamethrower becomes even more powerful. Earth Power is a great move to kill other Heatrans, Tyranitar, and the occasional Raikou with. Dragon Pulse is here over HP Ice because D-Pulse with Specs will kill any dragon not holding a Haban Berry anyway. I am using HP Electric in this case to hit Gyarados switchins, and does respectable damage to Suicune. The speed EV's generate 245, which lets me outspeed the imps who sit at 244 to outrun Jolly Max Speed CB Tyranitar.

Kit Fisto/Swampert(M)
Ability: Torrent
Move 1: Earthquake
Move 2: Stone Edge/Waterfall
Move 3: Stealth Rock
Move 4: Avalanche
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EV Spread: 240/16/252/0/0/0

The closest thing to a Tyranitar counter I have, Swampert is one of my two walls and is in charge of laying my Stealth Rock. Being a bulky water, he also serves as a Metagross counter. Earthquake gets STAB and hits Tyranitar and Metagross for super-effective damage, while chipping off up to 45% of Scizor's HP. Avalanche, while having a priority of -3, generally hits most dragons for a OHKO and will do something to Celebi. Stone Edge is nice to hit Gyarados with, but if Gyara proves to be unpopular, Waterfall can go in its place for a STAB bonus and doing actual damage to Rhyperior.

GrimReaper/Dusknoir(M)
Ability: Pressure
Move 1: Will-O-Wisp
Move 2: Pain Split
Move 3: Shadow Sneak
Move 4: ThunderPunch/Fire Punch
Nature: Careful
EV Spread: 252/0/180/0/76/0

My other wall and my scrapegoat against most Fighting types. Will-O-Wisp is generally a great attack to burn opponents with, but as we all know, the accuracy is poor. Pain Split is my form of healing here, and I can get a lot of HP back if I manage to hit a Bliss with it. Shadow Sneak is here for both STAB and priority, and can 2KO most Psychics after SR damage. ThunderPunch is usually perferred on Noir because of Gyarados issues. But I'm heavily considering Fire Punch to hit Scizor with or Earthquake to cause massive injury to Heatran.

Judgment/Salamence(M)
Ability: Intimidate
Move 1: Dragon Dance
Move 2: Dragon Claw/Outrage
Move 3: Earthquake
Move 4: Fire Blast
Nature: Adamant
EV Spread: 80/252/0/0/0/176

My final sweeper and my late game sweep. Just like Garchomp before him, I usually keep this negro under wraps until his counters are weakened or destroyed(Scizor does an excellent job in that department.)After a Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw will do massive damage, though I may try Outrage for more power, but the confusion turns me off, considering he is SR weak. Earthquake is my other attack and hits the Steel types who resist dragon(as well as Tyranitar) super effective. Fire Blast puts the icing on the cake by 2KOing Skarmory and actually hurting Levitating Bronzong. I am using Leftovers over Life Orb for general survivability.

NOTE: I put the EV bar in this order:

HP/ATK/DEF/SP.A/SP.D/SPE

Also, I only use this team on Smogon. If your battling me on Official, I will use my Official team(the one with Garchomp in it).

The Threat list(Excluding the land shark):

Azelf: Dusknoir and Scizor can take Choiced Psychic reasonably and kill with Sneak and Bullet Punch, respectively.
Blissey: Scizor can use it as setup bait so long as she doesn't have Flamethrower.
Bronzong: Heatran can come in on standard Bronzong and one-shot it with Flamethrower.
Celebi: Heatran makes an awesome switch in if the Celebi lacks Earth Power, Scizor if he lacks HP Fire. They will also one shot Celebi with either Flamethrower or Scissor Cross. Salamence can set up on him if he lacks Thunder Wave.
Cresselia: Scizor basically comes in on any offensive move that Cressy can throw at him, set up his SD and murder with X-Scissor.
Dragonite: The closest thing I have to a counter is Pert, who can OHKO with Avalanche.
Dusknoir: Heatran can come in on a predicted Will-O-Wisp and cause massive damage with Flamethrower.
Gallade: This was actually hard to find a counter for. Azelf resists both its STAB but gets wasted by Night Slash, but Azelf can kill him with Psychic. Scizor could set up on him as hes Close Combatting me and OHKO with X-Scissor.
Gengar: Scizor can take any attack if Gengar is scarfed and go for the KO with Bullet Punch. If the Gengar has Specs, then its a different story. Azelf is faster than Timid Specs Gengar and has the OHKOing STAB Psychic.
Gyarados: Swampert and Dusknoir can 2KO standard DD Gyarados with Stone Edge and ThunderPunch respectively, but neither particularly likes taking boosted Waterfalls.
Heatran: Swampert is an acceptable counter to most Heatran, though he must watch for Lava Plume's burn rate.
Heracross: Dusknoir takes most of Heracross' hits fairly well and only fears CB Night Slash. Salamence is an acceptable switch, as well.
Infernape: Salamence can come in on any Infernape that doesn't pack HP Ice and set up on him.
Jirachi: Swampert and Heatran can come in on Jirachi's attacks and can attack with EQ or Flamethrower(a OHKO).
Lucario: This was also very hard to find an acceptable counter for. If he lacks Crunch, Dusknoir is my best bet at beating him. Salamence can also come in and rape Lucario if he lacks Ice Punch.
Mamoswine: Swampert can come in reasonably and badly damage Mamo with Waterfall.
Metagross: Metagross doesn't really like Swampert too much, as Pert resists MM and is only 4KO'd by EQ with Lefties, assuming CB. Pert can also obliterate Metagross with an Earthquake of his own.
Porygon-Z: I have almost no safe switchins into Specs Porygon-Z. Heatran can come in on anything bar HP Fight or Ground and kill with Flamethrower.
Salamence: Like Dragonite, I likewise don't have a real counter. Swampert does well against him with Avalanche, though.
Scizor: Heatran can come in on anything barring Brick Break and force him out with Flamethrower.
Shaymin-S: Scizor can set up on it if it lacks HP Fire and go for the kill with Bullet Punch. Heatran also makes an acceptable counter unless Skymin has Earth Power and can kill with Flamethrower.
Skarmory: With Flamethrower/Fire Blast on three of my pogeys, this nut is no problem for this team.
Snorlax: Dusknoir can burn Snorlax, forcing him to Rest earlier, allowing Scizor to set up and kill with Brick Break.
Starmie: Azelf can revenge kill Starmies who don't max out Speed with Grass Knot or T-Bolt. Dusknoir can also take non-Specs Starmie's Surfs reasonably and take large chunks out of Starmie's piddly HP with Shadow Sneak or ThunderPunch.
Suicune: Azelf can plot faster that Cune can CM and go for a kill with Grass Knot/T-Bolt. Scizor and Salamence can also set up on Suicune as he is resting.
Swampert: Dusknoir can take non-CB Earthquakes no problem and burn him, making him useless. Azelf can also kill with Grass Knot.
Tyranitar: Swampert is my neer-do-well counter here, taking Choice Band Stone Edges like a man and doing up to 70% to him with Earthquake.
Weavile: Scizor can switch in on any of Weavile's attacks and land a OHKO with Bullet Punch
Zapdos: Swampert walls any Zapdos that lacks HP Grass and can kill with Avalanche or Earthquake(while its roosting). Zapdos can Pressure-stall me quickly, however.

nice team, love Azelfs moves.
for Swampert i think you should go with waterfall b/c of STAB and Torrent
and where did you get pokemon platinum???

np, how did you get a scizor?
did you have to trade?
My guess is that he gave a metal coat to an EVd Syther and trade for a useless poke like Bidoof or Starly or Magikarp, before he did that, he sent his Syther for trade and asked for something no one without Sav could get like a lvl 1 Mew. So once he got the useless poke he would bring his Syther with Metal coat on it and it would evolve equaling a EVd Scizor

oohh, that sounds familiar, i think i did that once haha,

at GPS
you can take your pokemon out and it'll evolve
if it's a pokemon that evolves over trade

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Gonna do this in sections.

=Azelf=
This guys a nice break from the norm. Everybody will expect a sash, and you can set up in their faces. However, maybe you could make it Naive, and fit in Explosion, so you can take something out when you get weakened.

=Scizor=
Obviously Bullet Punch is standard on this guy, so thats good. However, you may want to replace Brick Break with Superpower, because it has more power against Heatran and Magnezone switch-ins. Those EVs are also a bit outdated. Instead use these: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 216 Spe. They allow you to get a LO number and always outspeed max speed Modest Magnezones, which are a big threat, as you said.

=Heatran=
The days of SpecsTran are dwindling. Generally, Heatran loves having a scarf, so it becomes more of a revenge killer, something that this team lacks. Also, with the scarf, give it a +Speed Nature so it can outspeed Skymin, if you need to kill it with Fire Blast, which is better because it packs more of a punch in this situation. In that case, the EVs 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 6 Atk is optimal.

=Swampert=
Waterfall is most likely better than Stone Edge. With the exception of Gyarados, pretty much everything that is hit by Stone Edge is also hit by Avalanche. Waterfall will also hurt alot with STAB and possibly Torrent factored in (Waterfall BP = 120, Stone Edge = 100).

=Dusknoir=
Pretty standard set. T-Punch is good to take out Gyarados. However, if you want a true Gyarados counter, Impish is probably better than Careful.

=Salamence=
If your using leftovers, there are two options. It could either mean you want to play more conservatively, then go with Dragon Claw. It won't hit nearly as hard as Outrage (120 vs 180 BP), but it will hurt. Or, it could be seen that without LO, Outrage is needed because of the damage drop. IMO, Outrage is probably best in this situation. The rest of the set is good.

Have fun ^^.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)