B101 Inactive Tutee Posts & Updates

Username: Zac Flare
PS! Username: Zac Flare
Signup Format: SV OU
Your timezone:
EST
Usual Hours of Availability:
Mostly after 12
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I played a ton of OU back in Generations 4,5, and 6. I haven't been able to get in tune with the current generation, hence why I am here lol. I've been struggling with team building, so I've been on the ladder with a few sample teams I found on the forums.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes

Username: Queueueuebone
Ps! Username: Queueueuebone
Signup format: ADV
Timezone: EST
Availability: nights. I work from home though, so I can be flexible.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon:
I started playing during BW, and I enjoyed the UU metagame. In Gen 6, I played little cup and air battles and achieved top 5 on the ladder in each (no idea what account this was though). I've played on and off casually since then, and recently gotten hooked on ADV. My current ladder rank is ~1670 with a team I built. However, I struggle to find consistent success with other teams. I would love to learn more about team building, piloting teams, and how to prepare for tournaments. I'm new here and jazzed to learn more!
Discord: nal#1622 or .nal

Last edited:
Username: PG24
PS! Username: PG24_smogon
Signup Format: SV 1v1
Your timezone: GMT (London)
Usual Hours of Availability: Mainly on weekends (Saturday) due to school, but it depends on if I have plans (so I would recommend tutoring around 12:30-14:00). If I have to delay it due to having plans, I will inform.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Honestly, not good at all. I have a really bad win-lose ratio and is the main reason I'm signing up for tutoring. I hope to become an absolute beast at Gen 9 competitive one day.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes. (PG24#5773)

Username: Zane102
PS! Username: Zane102
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: I am pretty free almost every day,Thursdays/Fridays are taken unless told otherwise.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I use to play a ton of gen 7/8 competitive OU, I was a big fan of the formats and I thought I was pretty good, I took a pretty long break and finally wanna get back into the scene. I am hoping to find a tutor to help me get back into team building, battling, and more. I hope this comes well to all the tutors and hope to hear from one soon! But if they are busy, that's okay <3
Yes ZaneIsBad

Username: Ghostmanz
PS! Username: 420Liars
Signup Format: SV Monotype
Your timezone: Gmt-4
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekday: 7am-7pm
i’m usually free until about 6pm maybe 7pm. Weekends: Anytime past 7pm.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve been playing Monotype for a couple of years now, taking breaks here and there, but i’ve realized I need to take some time to learn from those in higher positions. I’m able to use teams i’ve created on the ladder and get decently high but i haven’t reached top scores at all. Reaching the top of the ladder isn’t my end goal but I know it takes a certain amount of skill to get that high anyways. I want to get stronger.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Username: Prof.Otaku
PS! Username: P.Otaku
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability :10-12pm on weekdays, more flexible on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing in monotype, then in UU during the 8th generation. But when I came back from my break, I focused on the monotype. I would like to leave the tier to focus on the OU of 9g, but I'm having trouble, especially with the management of terra. My objectif would be to improve my building, and my ingame in order to be able to obtain good results on the ladder and no longer be stuck at 1700-1800.
Yes snowangelotaku

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Username: Dorron
PS! Username: Dorron
Signup Format: ADV
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability: Most of the day in summer, like nights more
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing SM RU and Monotype, then got to National Dex OU, Monotype, and RU and now this gen I'm more focused in OU. I've been a captain for a few World Cups such us NDWC, MonoWC, Retro Cup and current WCoP. Used to play DPP OU too but tier sucks so no longer playing it lol. Have also been very active in Monopoke and similar tiers in forum tournaments, such as a runner-up in the last Monopoke tour. Have played both Kick-Off and SM Drafts; now playing Summer Seasonal.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, dorron

Username: jawabarat
PS! Username: jawabarat
Your timezone: +0
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 6-10pm, weekends no consistent time but usually flexible
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I made it onto team UK as a substitute for this year's world cup, but was not confident enough in ou to be all that helpful as I was an unused substitute and struggled to contribute to building. I have had decent success in UU this gen (top 8 uu open, 5-0 in espanol pl, #7 on ladder), but OU hasn't been clicking in the same way. This year I want to keep my place on the UK world cup roster and be more capable of pulling my weight. I'm travelling during December, so I'd ideally like to start with tutoring in January.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes, Dansparce#5404

Last edited:

Yxzwilliam

Banned deucer.
Username:Yxzwilliam
PS! Username: traisean
Signup Format: National Dex OU
Your timezone: GMT-6
Usual Hours of Availability: All day unless i have to go somewhere due to me being in virtual school
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon ive been playing for almost a year ive been able to beat some tourney winners and top 100 natdex players so ye

Are you able to use Discord?: yes

Username: NeptuneLeOof
PS! Username: NeptuneLeOof
Signup Format: OU
Your timezone: cst
Usual Hours of Availability: 8:30 - wver i decide to go to sleep
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played against my friend who is into it and only won once and was close to winning a second time but he had a stall dunsparce
yes my user is NeptuneLeOof#4455

Last edited:
Username: Zeke Eastwood
PS! Username: ?
Signup Format: SV 1v1
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 8 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played blue/yellow version back in the days. Back to Pokémon after all this time and have really been enjoying it. I am brand new to the competitive side, so I'm looking to get help
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Username: Astico
PS! Username: Astico
Your timezone: GMT+1
No weekends, only weekdays at afternoons, evenings, nights
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I started playing late gen 7 OU but didn't get too much into it at the time. I gave it a shot again in gen 8 OU but ended up confused and didn't really understand the metagame. Since I got frustrated with OU I mostly played random battles. I now want to try my hand again at OU as I've gained a deeper appreciation for the competitive game and want to become a good enough player where I have a shot at placing good at tournaments. I mostly get confused on teambuilding and people tell me some of my decisions in battle ar very stupid and I want to become better at recognizing that. I also struggle at formulating gameplans and sticking with them and understanding what my opponents gameplan is.
Yes, astico (Astico#6679)

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Username: MMF
PS! Username: schizoxbt
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Most days from 9am-5pm but can be reached on discord via msgs whenever
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing Mons for a long time. I used to be an NU council member, Tutor, and played in some tournys back in the heyday, like gen 4 ish. So I have plenty of experience but I let it slip by the wayside for so long and I feel out of touch. Try to keep up best I can but still lost lol. Teambuilding and general meta knowledge is probably where I struggle the most.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Schizoxbt is the handle

Shaymin Sky

You, no, all of you, are my repentance.
is a Community Contributor
Username: slainey
PS! Username: slainey
Your timezone: CST
Usual Hours of Availability: Any time from 1:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing for a little over 10 years, since BW OU, with only truly gaining skill at the end of Gen 7. I peaked #2 in Gen 8 OU at 2134 elo, and have peaked in 1900's in gen 9/7 OU's. Although truthfully I had lost a lot of motivation when I quit OU in the middle lifespan of Generation 8 I am a little rusty in Generation 9 from such a long hiatus. However even though I had quit after DLC 2 of SS, I had entered last years OLT for fun for just cycle 1 and ended at #17 on cycle 1, so I believe I have retained most of my skills. Right now my goal though is to become a top 5 player in SV OU, which does sound ridiculous but I believe I have the gameplay experience and skill necessary to reach that goal given I put in the right amount of effort. It would not be nearly as much effort to coach me since I'll pick up on things fast and can do a lot of things on my own, I just need some sort of guidance and I think it would go a long way. The only tour experience I have had is Smogon OST where I DQ in round 5 or 6 I don't remember exactly, which was when I quit gen 8 OU, but I'm back for SV since I find it fun actually lol.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, "shayminsky"

Username: ClapicusMaximus
PS! Username: ClapicusMaximus
Signup Format: SV UU
Timezone: GMT-4
Hours of Availability: Unavailable on Saturdays, 4-8PM on all other days
Competitive Pokemon Experience: I've been playing on and off for roughly a year and a half, using several different accounts. More recently (A couple months ago) I started playing competitive pokemon more frequently, and I sit at around 1380 on Gen 5 OU, but I'd like to ease into the SS metagame. I also want to improve my teambuilding and my battling proficiency in general.
Discord Username: Supreme Midwestern Asshat#4215

Username: nextleveladam
PS! Username: canihave20bucks
Signup Format: sv monotype
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: late evenings everyday, unavailable noon - 7pm on thurs, fri, sat, mon
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): very new to competitive, looking to learn basic strategy and teambuilding techniques. i am not the best at vgc but i love playing the game and i am always willing to try my best and learn.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes (nextleveladam)

Chris Chien Pao

formerly hunternoooob
Username:hunternoooob
Ps name:hunternoooob
Signup Format:ADV OU
Tz:5.5+
Usual hours of avaialbility:mond to sat 7 to 10 pm and sunday all day.
Experience:I have played the ladder and mushi league,had a bad record in it but decent in ladder around 1400-1500,i think this might be the best og tier and i would love to learn it more and give time.
Are you able to use discord:yeah ChrisCP

Cao Jie

formerly iKiQ
Username: Cao Jie
PS! Username: CaoJie
Signup Format: SV LC
Your timezone: +2
between 4-6pm and between 8pm-2am everyday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing pokemon competitively in 2018 during SM and played a lot of AG there, but recently i play RBY OU and lower tiers a lot since first RBYPL (in 2020). I played in a few teamtours (RBYPL I, RBYPL III, UUFPL III, ALTPL I, CAPPL8 , PMPL II, BSSWC, OMFL IV and PSPL XI as a LC player (1-1) ). This last tour made me want to keep going with LC. I want to improve my plays and maybe learn to teambuild in LC.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes

Last edited:
Nome de Usuário:Luizao171
PS! Nome de Usuário:Luizthk1ng
Formato de inscrição:SV OU
Seu fuso horário: GMT -3
Horas usuais de disponibilidade: weekdays 19:00h 20:00h 21:00h Saturday and Sunday all day
Conte-nos um pouco sobre sua experiência em Pokémon competitivo (min. 3 frases): I started playing in the seventh season, but I've been playing pixelmon since then I decided to focus on the competitive and I've been training a lot in OU
Você consegue usar o Discord?:yes

Username: AthropodAssault
PS! Username: Poltergeyst
Signup Format: GSC OU
Your timezone: GMT -6
Usual Hours of Availability: evenings about 6:00 - 9:00 pm and most times on weekends after about 9:00 am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing in the fall of 2020. I have only played ladder; I've never played tournaments. Like everyone, I rarely use an alt for long, but the couple times I stuck with one I peaked in the mid 1500s. Have played 1000+ ladder games. Interested in elevating my building and understanding of the game.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes. I'm on the GSC discord as ArthropodAssault.

Username: empoleon621
PS! Username: piplup621 but i have a gazillion alts like Bigg♥Chunggus♥
Your timezone:
PST GMT-8
Any time past like 3pm pst basically everyday. Just dm me on discord and I'm free I will say so.
I've known of showdown for like 6 years at this point but I didn't really start playing seriously till gen9, where I found a fire team and hit like top500, but now I'm ass again.
Yes, empoleon621

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
danny
daniYSB
SV LC
GMT -5
1pm-11pm most weekdays/friday through monday 11pm-5am
Im a regular tournament player who has competed in most lower tier pls, scl and other tours along with many iterations of lcpl and lc team tours and individuals. I want to be tutored not bc i have no experience with the tier, moreso that I want to be paired with a high level player to take my game in this different metagame to new heights. My goal is to have experience and ability to team build by myself, along with a deeper understanding of the meta and tier as a whole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)