b

Huge Problems in Doubles, THE GROUND SHAKES!!

TEAM AT A GLANCE:

This is a Double Battle RMT, build around Rhyperior and Gliscor Earthquakes. Read on for the strategies!

Leading to Victory:

ZAPDOS (aka. Flash) - Leftovers
EV spread: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 40 Spe
Nature: +Spe -Atk
  • Agility
  • Baton Pass
  • Thunderbolt
  • Roost
Zapdos is the Agilipasser in this team, mainly chosen for the ability to attack flying pokemon, who are anying when he's standing next to Rhyperior. That's why Thunderbolt is taken. Maybe HP Ghost over Roost, since most Levitaters don't like Ghost Attacks. Roost does help in the defensive department however! After 1/2 agility's, Rhyperior can go on with Rampage!

CRESSELIA (aka. Lunaria) - Light Clay
EV Spread: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 6 SpD
Nature: +Def -Atk
  • Ice Beam
  • Reflect
  • Light Screen
  • Moon Light
Screenelia, Putting up Light Screen, and than Reflect, to give huge defensive bonusses to my other pokemon. Moonlight was choocen, because it only takes 1 slot with healing, unlike ResTalk, which is nice. Light Clay to let the screens last longer, I might opt for Protect > Reflect.

Pain to Win:

RHYPERIOR (aka. Smasher) - Choice Band
EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpD
Nature: +SpD -SpA
  • Earthquake
  • Stone Edge
  • Mega Horn
  • Rock Slide
Some will say: "What? Special Defense???" or "WTF? 2 Rock Moves?". Well, I'll explain. Rhyperior is this teams primary sweeper, with Agility from Zapdos early in the game, his attacks will give a huge amount of pain. Earthquake STAB With a Choice Band and some EV Investement gives Damage. Since this are double battles, its tougher to wall Rhyperiors attacks, and with all team built around Anti-Air, Earthquake is The Thing in the battle. Stone Edge when late in the game, or my Air Defenses are gone, and with help from Rock Slide, I can double attack a lot too. Mega Horn for bonus and filler.

Team Mates:

GENGAR (aka. Spooky) - Expert Belt
EV Spread: 102 HP / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: +Spe -Def
  • Shadow Ball
  • Thunderbolt
  • Hidden Power [Ice]
  • Psychic / Taunt / Mean Look
Next to Rhyperior, this Gengar is really, really strong. The most pokemon that resist Earthquake, still get pain, and get a nice damaging attack behind it with BoltBeam and Shadow Ball. even more important, the Flyers or Levitaters. When i'm looking at This, I suppose that Ice, Electric and Ghost cover a huge amount of those pokemon with a lot of pain. Next, I have used only 3 slots, leaving 1 left (duh), so I don't know what to do with that one, maybe against Grass, but those mostly pack a second Poison type anyways...

DUSKNOIR (aka. Doom) - Leftovers
EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
Nature: +SpD -SpA
  • Shadow Punch
  • Protect
  • Ice Punch
  • Thunderpunch
Less usefull than Gengar, but makes a nice help too, with Anti- Explode paired to Gengar, they are a nice team to toy around a little, or just to open some options. Protect to survive Earthquakes.

Noob Rhyperior:

GLISCOR (aka. Scorpy) - Leftovers
EV Spread: 80 HP / 92 Atk / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: -Spa +Spe
  • Earthquake
  • Sword Dance
  • Roost
  • Rock Slide
Whenever my Rhyperior fails, or gets killed, Gliscor can come in, try to Sword Dance once, and do the same. Speed from Zapdos could be nice, but without he sucseeds too. Roost for survivability.

I hope you like the team!!!

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't play doubles so I can't be of much use here but wouldn't it make more sense if you are passing an Agility to Rhyperior that it be able to switch its moves and not be restricted by a Choice Band? If you had Gravity support it would make some sense (although setting up Agility+Gravity is questionable). Consider Life Orb or Expert Belt or Leftovers even.

It is mainly about getting max. power out of earthquake... Choice Band + STAB makes EQ a nice attack, and with the help of Gengar countering everything not being hit, it's a very nice technique, I won't ever use any other attack anyways ;)

What abilities do your pokemon have? I think Solid Rock is a lot better on Rhyperior, because you use Gengar and Zapdos with it, but you probably allready figured that out:) The problem is that you try to set-up screens and a pass to Rhyperior, but you don't really do anything against your opponent strategy. Hope I helped
EDIT: also, why is the title of this tread "b"?

but you don't really do anything against your opponent strategy.

EDIT: also, why is the title of this tread "b"?
Live and let live, answer to .1

And to the 2nd, I pressed "Preview Post", so just slammed a button cause I didnt have a title yet, but I clicked at Start Tread :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)