move 2: Play Rough
move 3: Aqua Jet
move 4: Kock Off
item: Sitrus Berry
ability: Huge Power
nature: Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
The combination of Belly Drum and Huge Power turn Azumarill into a threatening wall-breaker or late-game sweeper. Play Rough is Azumarill's primary attack against defensive threats, while Knock Off is used against Ferrothorn, Toxapex, and Tangrowth, capable of OHKOing them after a boost. A boosted Aqua Jet knocks out virtually all unresisted faster attackers and can be used to check Volcarona in a pinch.

Azumarill's good defensive typing gives it opportunities to come in on passive Pokemon but should be wary of status ailments as they prevent it from effectively setting up. Offensive partners such as Zeraora, Rillaboom, and Dragapult can Volt Switch and U-turn to pivot in Azumarill safely during the early-game, and clean up late-game after Azumarill breaks through the opponent's team.

Pokemon that resist a boosted Aqua Jet, such as Dragapult, Mandibuzz, and Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, can survive an attack and threaten to KO Azumarill, so entry hazard and status support from the likes of Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Toxapex is appreciated to chip on these opponents. Rillaboom is the bane of Azumarill's existence, as it easily OHKOs Azumarill with priority Grassy Glide, so Pokemon that can handle it, such as Skarmory and Corviknight, are necessary partners.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Malfunction, 15693]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon that resist a boosted Aqua Jet, such as Dragapult, Mandibuzz, and Urshifu-Rapid-Strike
Mandibuzz doesn't resist Aqua Jet, I would either remove Mandibuzz from this section, or change the wording to something like "Pokemon that can live a boosted Aqua Jet"

I think I would go more into detail about what type of team Azumarill should be used on, both of which I think are bulky offense and offensive teams. This would give the reader better ideas for what team mates they should should look for depending on their team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)