aw VS ChaosZR [UU vs OU Warstory]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is my first Warstory. This is a key demonstration of how hax can really skrew you over if it simply never goes away. If you think you've experienced bad hax, just wait till you read this Warstory.

Platinum's Curse: "Hypnomiss" [UU vs OU Warstory]

My (aw's) text is in Red.

ChaosZR's is in Blue

NO % HP RECORDED per turn, except in key points acknowledged in the writing itself (factoring in Spikes damage, and such).

My (aw's) Team:

ChaosZR's team:

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

ChaosZR sent out Roserade (lvl 100 Roserade ?).
aw sent out Persian (lvl 100 Persian ?).

VS

I started this match thinking this would be simple enough. I would Fake-out to scout his item, find out what type of Roserade he had (Leftovers or otherwise), but as soon as I started my first turn, things started rolling downhill.

ChaosZR switched in Cloyster (lvl 100 Cloyster ?).
Persian used Fake Out.
Cloyster lost 14% of its health.
Cloyster's leftovers restored its health a little!
Cloyster restored 6% of its health.
---
VS

Damn, he sends in his Cloyster, easily taking the hit, and healing nearly half of the damage with Leftovers. I know Persian's job isn't done yet, so I try Hypnosis, hoping to force a switch... That's what Persians are good for right?

Persian used Hypnosis.
Persian's attack missed!
Cloyster used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered everywhere!
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
---

Well, now I know that he obviously thinks his Cloyster is dead weight since he doesn't care about it falling asleep. I think I may as well switch, but then I remember that Cloysters always have Explosion, and none of my Pokemon can 1HKO Cloyster barring Ninetail's Energy Ball. To be honest, I forgot about Ninetails at the time and thought surely the next Hypnosis wouldn't miss. *Shiftry has Solar Beam and Froslass' only attack is Ice Beam

Persian used Hypnosis.
Persian's attack missed!
Cloyster used Spikes.
Cloyster restored 2% of its health.
---

Down goes another layer and another miss...

Persian used Hypnosis.
Persian's attack missed!
Cloyster used Spikes.
---

A third time
... At this point I figure the more often it misses the more likely it will hit the next time, based on probability... Also Hitmontop has Rapid Spin so I wasn't too concerned about Spikes. I actually was thinking he may just start attacking Persian, and Surf wouldn't be good for Ninetails to switch into. Keep in mind at this point I only know Cloyster has Spikes, and probably Explosion, so I can't be too cautious if he has Surf, or Ice Beam.

aw: goddamn it
ChaosZR: eww bad luck mate
aw: just do it!
ChaosZR: haha
ChaosZR switched in Roserade (lvl 100 Roserade ?).
Persian used Hypnosis.
Persian's attack missed!
---

VS

So this is a 4th miss in a row... I am however, even more upset because I know Roserade's have Natural Cure. I am however relieved, that if I get it before it attacks, I can simply Sleep his next switch-in...

You know your luck is working against you when your own Opponent starts feeling sorry for you... But hey, at least he has a charming British tone as he refers to me as "mate". I can already tell he is not going to rub this in my face... I hope.

aw: Cloyster sits in a shell, it can't even move
aw: how can it miss?

ChaosZR: haha i dunno
Persian used Hypnosis.
Roserade fell asleep!
Roserade is fast asleep!
---

Finally, after 5 turns of Hypnosis 1 actually hits!! But I must stop my excitement, I do remember that this is going to be one short-lived victory because...

aw: and natural cure
aw: how fabulous
Persian used Hypnosis.
Persian's attack missed!
---

VS

Now I am back to where I was on Turn 2. I try to take the opportunity to sleep my opponent on the switch, knowing Roserade's switch cures it of Sleep. I admit I am stubborn, and I am almost completely motivated just to see Hypnosis hit Cloyster. That damn Pearl needs to go to sleep!

The Scale of Hax! - Dun Dun Dun...

Score for Hypnosis:
6 Uses...

Misses...

1 Hit!...

Notes: Hit negated by Natural Cure.

Outcome: 0 Pokemon Asleep!

Overall: Goddammit!

ChaosZR: 5 misses?
aw: thats 5 misses!
Cloyster used Ice Shard.
Persian lost 26% of its health.
Persian used Hypnosis.
Persian's attack missed!
---

Just as my opponent and I noted it was indeed 5 misses, we were yet again "unsurprised" by yet another miss. And worst of all, Cloyster was picking at my poor cat with shards of ice! At this point I did a terrible thing (beyond staying in and being stubborn!), I actually wished I had Purugly at this point, at least it has Thick Fat! I feel terrible knowing that because Persian has so far been the only one trying to do anything on my team, but I do wonder how one cat, that is supposed to be a "Technician" can actually miss staring a pearl in the face to put it to sleep? For god sakes, Cloyster can't physically even move!

aw: omg
aw: serioulsy!

Cloyster used Ice Shard.
Persian lost 24% of its health.
Persian used Hypnosis.
Persian's attack missed!
---

I was so surprised I even mispelled "serioulsy". I really do get the feeling this doesn't make any sense. I trully thought Hypnosis has some sort of glitch on Shoddy, until I remember I can't say that because of that 1 damn hit on Roserade! And the 1 time, it doesn't even count because of goddamn Natural Cure! So I can't blame Shoddy, I can't blame Persian, I can't even blame Cloyster! All that ran through my head was "omg". I mean seriously what would Arceus have to say about this? Oh wait he is banned, I can't even ask him! Damn it!

ChaosZR: this is rediculus
ChaosZR: 7 misses o.O

Cloyster used Ice Shard.
Persian lost 26% of its health.
Persian used Hypnosis.
Persian's attack missed!
---

Thanks to the courteous opponent, he has managed to keep score for the remainder of the match, and I didn't even have to ask... Seriously, you know when your opponent says "this is rediculus" about something that's working in his favor, you got it bad!

*Hears Usher in the Background*

aw: omg
ChaosZR: 8....
aw: just don't ice shard it
aw: let it hit

aw switched in Froslass (lvl 100 Froslass ?).
Froslass was hurt by Spikes!
Froslass lost 25% of its health.
Cloyster used Rapid Spin.
It doesn't affect Froslass...
---

VS

At that point I decided to save Persian. He was at 23% HP and can't take another Ice Shard, so I do what any self-respecting trainer would do... I ask him to not kill it... I actually waited for him to say something like "Ok", but I didn't receive a response, so I decided to switch to Froslass incase he was thinking "Haha ya right! He must really suck, I am gonna Explode in his face!", where I could turn around and say "Now whose winning!"

Fortunately, or unfortunately; whichever you look at it, he proved to do as I said, and actually used the weakest attack a Cloyster can use: Rapid Spin. I must say, he is a very nice trainer to actually do that. Either that or I am just desperately pathetic.

Still, after all that, I decide to keep Persian alive, for now. If I feel angry, I can always send it back in to die from Spikes, (remember he is at 23% HP), and that way it would at least be up to me. But, I hold off on that for now...

ChaosZR switched in Lanturn (lvl 100 Lanturn ?).
Froslass used Trick.
Froslass obtained Leftovers!
Lanturn obtained Choice Specs!
Froslass's leftovers restored its health a little!
Froslass restored 6% of its health.
---

VS

Okay, so I decide he is probably going to switch, and he probably thinks I have Thunderbolt too. If his strongest attack is Ice Shard (he wont Explode on Froslass), which it must be since he used that to hit Persian, (and with my luck its not like he was just doing it to go first), I pretty much have a free turn. So with Froslass I use Trick to cripple whatever switches in and it just so happens to be Lanturn...

Well, Lanturn, known for its ability to take hits is crippled. I have actually crippled a Pokemon, and it is no thanks to Persian. I literally had to rely on a ghost to do something a cat should have done a long time ago... But I digress. Time to celebrate my victory by giving ChaosZR a taste of his own medicine, for you see my Froslass is not your standard Froslass...

Froslass used Spikes.
Lanturn used Thunderbolt.
Froslass lost 76% of its health.
---

I kinda thought he would switch since Lanturn doesn't really do all that much with only 1 move available, but I seriously underestimated the Specs boost. Froslass has 11% HP left. I decide to switch to Shiftry since he can take Thunderbolts no problem... Well, at least I got down a layer of Spikes before I...

aw switched in Shiftry (lvl 100 Shiftry ?).
Shiftry was hurt by Spikes!
Shiftry lost 25% of its health.
Lanturn used Thunderbolt.
It's not very effective...
Shiftry lost 34% of its health.
---
VS

Shoot! 3 layers of Spikes + Specs Thunderbolt did 59% in 1 turn... I know without Sunny Day support Solar Beam is useless, and I can't really afford to switch anything else to a Specs Thunderbolt, so I go for my last resort, as only first resort...

=-
+
-= = Don't mix trees with Static Fields or else you get an...

Shiftry used Explosion.
Lanturn lost 100% of its health.
ChaosZR's Lanturn fainted.
aw's Shiftry fainted.
---

At this point, I had too. Shiftry was half dead, and I needed a free Switch-in for my next Pokemon. Spikes can KO both Persian AND Froslass, (meaning half my team would be dead!), so I needed to get rid of it, but how?!

aw switched in Hitmontop (lvl 100 Hitmontop ?).
Roserade was hurt by Spikes!
Roserade lost 12% of its health.
Hitmontop's intimidate cut Roserade's attack!
Hitmontop was hurt by Spikes!
Hitmontop lost 25% of its health.
Roserade used Sleep Powder.
Hitmontop fell asleep!
Hitmontop is fast asleep!
Hitmontop's leftovers restored its health a little!
Hitmontop restored 6% of its health.
---
VS

Now, I didn't know what to expect from Roserade. I only saw the myteriously fragrant Roserade switch in and out once and ruin my 1 Hypnosis, without using any moves! It could have used Toxic Spikes, Leech Seed, you know, something I could Rapid Spin away or perhaps... Pretty much anything; except... Sleep Powder!

aw: .........
aw: 1st shot

ChaosZR: thats horrible
Roserade used Toxic Spikes.
Spikes were scattered everywhere!
Toxic Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
---

I can't even remember (I don't even wanna look up) how many times I missed with Persian, and this Roserade, it just gets a hit on the first move ever? Sure Persian used Fake-out and it worked but c'mon!

Seriously, even ChaosZR said it was horrible, and Roserade is on his team!

ChaosZR: :(
Cloyster was hurt by Spikes!
Cloyster lost 12% of its health.
---

VS

I am wondering why he has Cloyster switch in... I figure it must be to use Explosion, or at the very least Rapid Spin, so it can get rid of my Spikes... 2 Perfect opportunities to switch to Froslass, but I can't! Spikes will kill it at 11% HP!

But suddenly I see my opponent's expression turn into a "
:(". Could this be that bad? Has my match turned into a pity party?

I am really starting to wonder if ChaosZR is even on his own team. It's as if he feels so bad he wants me to win! I appreciate the sentiment, but I am still not giving up!

Plus, with Cloyster on the side of the field, I don't know what tricks he may have up his sleeve...

I decide to stick it out and hope Hitmontop can use Rapid Spin. I can't switch to Persian (wait that damn cat cost me everything, maybe I should...). Well, I meant to say I can't switch to Froslass, for fear of its feet getting cut from the 3 layers of Spikes, nor can I "shift" to (pun intended) Shiftry now because its DEAD. So its either stay in with Hitmontop, and Rapid Spin, or let my Golduck and Ninetails take 25% damage and get Poisoned... Well, Hitmontop is a fighting champion, and I think its about time I let Hitmontop prove himself! He may not be a draddle, but he better damn well spin, I hope....

Hitmontop woke up!
Hitmontop used Rapid Spin.
Hitmontop blew away the spikes!
Cloyster lost 3% of its health.
Cloyster used Explosion.
Hitmontop lost 94% of its health.
aw's Hitmontop fainted.
ChaosZR's Cloyster fainted.
---

I figured I may as well stick it out, I need my sweepers to finish off his Pokemon. And finally, luck goes my way for once! I wake up just in time as his Pokemon commits suicide!

Maybe that's really what the ":(" face was about! Selfish fool!

He was sad about Cloyster's plan to sacrifice itself to prevent a Rapid Spin! Well, now he certainly has a reason to be sad, his plans have been thwarted by none other than his former ally "Hax".

Seems like all that pity had Hax feel all rejected, well, now its on my side... Let's just hope it stays that way!

aw: yes!
aw: just in time!

aw switched in Persian (lvl 100 Persian ?).
ChaosZR: indeed
ChaosZR switched in Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory ?).
Persian used Hypnosis.
Skarmory fell asleep!
---
VS

Surprise! I didn't kill off Persian like I hinted at the beginning of the match with Spikes... In fact, I have been saving it for now:

Just like the start of the match! How ironic! The 2 leaders of their teams are back like nothing has changed... Well, alot has changed... Both teams lost 2 Pokemon due to Explosion, and now Roserade knows how it feels to have a thorn in its side (haha) if you know what I mean... (It got "hurt by Spikes!")

And just like last time, Persian proves himself once and for all by finally nailing its 2nd Hypnosis on... Skarmary?

VS

Well, that's a surprise, considering most teams think 2 Spikers are enough... Well, finally having Hypnosis hit! I decide its time to set up!

Persian used Sunny Day.
The sun began to shine!
Skarmory is fast asleep!
The sun continues to shine.
---

Yes! I can finally use some of this "sleepy" time to setup, and Sunny Day is used to brighten up my day ( *joke* ), and hopefully "turn" things around for my team!

Persian used U-turn.
Skarmory lost 2% of its health.
aw switched in Ninetales (lvl 100 Ninetales ?).
Skarmory is fast asleep!
---
VS

See? I put "" on turn for a reason... As in U-Turn! And who better to send in than my secret weapon! My newly revealed Fire Fox! With Flash Fire, it bursts onto the scene in a BLAZE of Glory, soaking up the Sun's rays for added power.

Who takes a deep breathe to give what seems to be bird at rest, a serious "meltdown" (pun intended)!

Ninetales used Fire Blast.
It's super effective!
Roserade lost 63% of its health.
ChaosZR's Roserade fainted.
Ninetales lost 10% of its health.
---

VS

Aw! No, I am not reminding you my nickname, I am in aw of what just happened. A trainer saved his sleeping, useless bird, to sacrifice his Lead?!

That's terrible... Well, not that I care...that much, but still!

No sweat off my back... I finally score another KO!

Current Battle Ground Casualties:

Aw- Shiftry + Hitmontop = 2 KOed

ChaosZR- Lanturn + Cloyster + Roserade= 3 KOed

My score is 4-3... I am actually winning!
Whoo hoo!

ChaosZR switched in Flygon (lvl 100 Flygon ?).
Flygon used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Ninetales lost 90% of its health.
aw's Ninetales fainted.
---
VS

I have to say my victory was short-lived... I thought my Ninetails might win the Speed-tie, or at least outspeed it if Flygon was Adament and KO with Hidden Power Ice, but alas, Flygon has evened the score... again...

aw switched in Golduck (lvl 100 Golduck ?).
ChaosZR switched in Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory ?).
Golduck used Ice Beam.
Skarmory lost 55% of its health.
Golduck lost 10% of its health.
---

VS

I send in my Golduck after losing Flygon, threatening it with a lethal Ice Beam, but he switches to his sleep Skarmary, already losing 55% of his HP.

With Skarmary at 45%, he better switch out... This prompts me to try something, thinking he will give me a free turn...

Skarmory is fast asleep!
---
VS

Darn! I thought he would switch to his 6th Pokemon, and my Froslass would be faster and steal an easy KO, but alas he stayed in...

Froslass used Spikes.
Skarmory woke up!
Skarmory used Whirlwind.
aw switched in Persian (lvl 100 Persian ?).
---

Well, with Skarmary asleep, I decide setting up Spikes for his unseen 6th Pokemon would be a great way to soften up the foe, allowing for an easier sweep... but surprise! Skarmary woke-up and used Whirlwind!

I wonder why he didn't attack? Pity, or was it bad memory:

Did he forget I cleared his Spikes?!?!

Persian used Fake Out.
Skarmory lost 7% of its health.
Skarmory flinched!
The sun faded.
---

VS

So my Persian got sucked back in to battle! Well, I decided since Persian had the success of putting Skarmary to sleep last time, it might work again this time... So I Fake-Outted Skarmary to nab an easy hit, and let Skarmary know Persian isn't going anywhere... If there's one thing Persian is good at, its about Fake-outting an opponent. No seriously, trust me, Persian is what we call a "Technician".

Persian used Hypnosis.
Persian's attack missed!
Skarmory used Brave Bird.
Persian lost 23% of its health.
aw's Persian fainted.
Skarmory was hit by recoil!
Skarmory lost 6% of its health.
---

No! I guess Skarmary got brave and didn't flinch... (well, not since last round!). But worst of all, Persian missed! For god sake's Persian, get it right!
No wonder Skarmary wasn't scared!

The only thing Persian did was give Skarmary some recoil damage... and I thought it was the cats that ate birds...

aw: goddammnit!

ChaosZR: was that 9 or 10?
aw: wtf!
aw: I lost count!

Froslass used Ice Beam.
Skarmory lost 29% of its health.
ChaosZR's Skarmory fainted.
---
VS

After what seems to have been the longest silence in match history, I finally broke-out damning that traitor we all call "Hax"! I thought it was back on my side since Hitmontop woke-up, but I should have known better!

P.S. I really did lose count... So you know what, let's just call it 9 attempts...

Froslass, the only good, reliable Pokemon on my team comes back once again to do her magic.

Flygon cannot safely switch in, and well, Skarmary is too weak to take any hits. So, once again, ChaosZR sacrifices another of his Pokemon, this time Skarmary goes down to an Icy demise, quite the contrast to the fiery death of Roserade.

Tuche, Tuche... (Did I spell that right?)

Froslass, a Ghost, once again makes up for Persian's failure, this time Ice Beaming Skarmary to death.

ChaosZR: lol
ChaosZR switched in Flygon (lvl 100 Flygon ?).
Flygon used Outrage.
Flygon went on a rampage!
Froslass lost 23% of its health.
aw's Froslass fainted.
---

Hmm, I figured if he sent in Flygon, he must be about to lose. I mean, it will die faster than a Shedinja getting killed by Stealth Rocks when even coming close to an Ice Beam. This must be a sign his other final 6th Pokemon is also a 1-hit-wonder (1HKO), he just happened to send Flygon in first, by chance to take the Ice Beam first...

And man was I wrong! Flygon must be scarfed!

aw switched in Golduck (lvl 100 Golduck ?).
Flygon used Outrage.
Golduck lost 90% of its health.
aw's Golduck fainted.

The battle is not over! if Golduck can survive this he can Ice Beam Flygon and KO it before he sends in his 6th Pokemon! But to no avail... A Dragon's Outrage is really strong, knocking Golduck and out for good. I must say that was one powerful Late-Game sweeper...
So in the end:

ChaosZR wins! 2-0
aw: godamnnit!
ChaosZR: well... uhhh gg...

Haha, even to the end he admits it wasn't the great game. ChaosZR has trully been a great sport the entire time, only "LOLing" 1x the entire match...

Well folks, that's all for my first Warstory, hope you likeed it (more than me), and considering how much I really didn't, it shouldn't be that hard!

AND FOR THE RECORD IT WAS 9 Hypno"mis" ATTEMPTS:

Score for Hypnosis: 9 Uses...

Misses...

2 Hits!...

Notes: 1 Hit negated by Natural Cure.

Outcome: 1 Pokemon Asleep throughout the match!

Props:

Froslass: For Ice Beaming a Skarmary to its Icy Grave! And always coming to the rescue after Persian's "participation" (that's the only kind word I have to describe it!)

Ninetails: For putting Sunny Day to good use, like no one else could. And for patiently waiting inside your Pokeball for just the right moment to nab a Roserade KO and scare away that evil Skarmary.

Hitmontop: You only did 1 thing: Rapid Spin. And although it could have been sooner (you took your time sleeping!), it came just when I needed it, at the last minute. Props for building the suspense and making Hanakuah come early this year...

Shiftry: You sacrificed yourself to do what no one else could do... Kill Lanturn... You didn't get a chance to use Sunny Day, but you still did what I needed you to do, and I didn't have to wait for it... *points up to Hitmontop*

Golduck: For sticking it out till the end, hitting Skarmary hard, and scaring away Flygon when it was stuck with Earthquake. Without you, Flygon woulda stayed in and swept my team and made ChaosZR's score much better. Plus, you made sure Froslass' Ice Beam did score that KO but hitting it with your own first. I learned if there is 1 thing you can rely on, its Ice Beam!

And most Importantly:

ChaosZR:
For supporting a guy who just didn't get his fair share of his luck. I appreciate you not rubbing it in my face and showing some sympathy. Ya proved good sportsmanship can exist... Thanks

Cons:

Persian... I
am offically replacing you for Jumpluff...

HAX!

Flygon: Too damn good to be stopped!

And most importantly: Facing an OU team with a UU team!

P.S. If you haven't figured it out by now, the
isn't an actual Pokemon on his team. I never PM'ed him afterwards and asked him, it is just a symbol that his 6th Pokemon is "Unown" and I didn't want to give it away until the very end!
Surprise!

Well, I commend your effort for your first warstory but the actual game is rather lacking except for the string of hypnosis misses at the start. Sometimes, especially at the start, I actually wish you wrote less comment as they don't actually contribute much to the warstory. Overall an alright read and I am a bit disappointed to not see an 'ukown' in action.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The story was great! The battle >_>.
There was nearly no prediction.(By that I mean the switch when Skarm was sleeping) But if you do a really close battle with of lot of predictions and with a story just like this I'm looking foward reading it.:naughty:

I didn't like this warstory at all. It seems that you just wanted to show how unlucky you were. There wasn't predictions or nothing else special. So this was pretty meh Warstory.

You write very well, but next time choose more intresting battle.

When quickly scanning through this story before reading I expected this to be a good read given the significant amount of commentary you put in.

But, as newbioform already mentioned, most of it was just you moaning endlessly about Hypnosis missing, which once again (see LR's warstory, which was actually very good) brings up one of my major annoyances with this forum. Stop treating self-inflicted failure as 'hax'. It is only really hax if either you get very lucky with your own move / situation or very unlucky as a result of your opponent's move / situation. Hypnosis is an unreliable attack so if you miss it is your own damn fault, that is the risk you are taking.

Having said that, the only real hax I saw here was the number of turns of sleep for Hitmontop and Skarmory, and even that is pushing it. There weren't even any crits when probability would dictate there most likely being one across the whole battle. Needless to say I wasn't impressed, but you seem like a competent writer so if you were to put the same amount of effort into a good battle with more meaningful comments it ought to turn out very well.

At this point I figure the more often it misses the more likely it will hit the next time, based on probability...
What? How does this make sense at all? The point of a random occurrence is that it has no memory of past outcomes. That's what separates it from, say, any other kind of occurrence.

Moral of this story is to not use hypnosis if you are easily frustrated, I suppose. The warstory wasn't particularly exciting, except when I thought there would be an Unown at the end.

Yea, the formatting was pretty good, the battle wasn't good at all. It shows you had horrible luck at the beginning, then your opponent took pity on you.

Seems like an effort to just show you using UU against OU, even though your opponent only has 1 OU on his team. (From what is shown.)

You can probably lighten up on the puns too. Also, it's in awe not, in aw.

your luck wasn't even THAT bad. The odds of Hypnosis hitting 2 or fewer times out of nine tries is 1/40. That's better than the odds of critting twice in a row or Fire Blast missing twice in a row. It's not great, but it's not that bad.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Warstories are not written to get pity.

Even if they were, I have no pity for someone trying to use a 60% accuracy move. Also, no one cares that "I use UU's in OU!!!" Ridiculous.

Glad end-game flygon finished this off. BTW, scarf is one of Flygon's most common and powerful sets so . . . yeah, anyone could see that coming? Actually, just the fact that scarf flygon was on the opposite team pretty much meant you had almost 0% chance of winning, since your whole team is 1hko'd by adamant outrage.

people don't write warstories to bitch about hax, they write them to entertain people. good effort for a first warstory, but you haven't understood the purpose exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)